• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Congrats to the Champions - the Baltimore Ravens

baltimore_ravens_logo_hd_wallpaper-852x480.jpg

Combine begins on:
Wednesday, February 20th

NFL Draft 2013 begins on
Thursday, April 25

Opening Day begins on
Thursday, September 5, 2013

Can't come soon enough.

Narag

Colts/Skins SB.

I think Luck will manage but Cousins will be trying to win it for RGIII so it'll be close.

harSon

Banned
Looking forward to the draft this year. Interested in seeing how we fill some voids, and what cuts we ultimately decide to take. It's going to be the difference between being competitive next season, or falling off worst than this season.

squicken

29 for the Ravens throws punches at a 49ers player's crotch and then shoves a ref. Offsetting penalties. Talk about swallowing the whistle. I'm fine with the Crabbles no call mostly b/c SF needed to pay for their awful RZ coaching and play

Hate seeing the Ravens win but whatever. The Pats lost and it's impossible to completely erase evil from this world, try as we might. Go Colts! Go Rams!

etiolate

Banned
yeah there's a reason Greg Roman didn't get any coaching calls from the league

Kaepernick going to tear up the league next year though

29 for the Ravens throws punches at a 49ers player's crotch and then shoves a ref. Offsetting penalties. Talk about swallowing the whistle. I'm fine with the Crabbles no call mostly b/c SF needed to pay for their awful RZ coaching and play

Hate seeing the Ravens win but whatever. The Pats lost and it's impossible to completely erase evil from this world, try as we might. Go Colts! Go Rams!

What's with the Ravens hate? Embrace the love!

Thought i'd be more salty about the Rats winning.

Steelers weren't in the playoffs to beat the Ravens
Flacco will surely get extended
Niners don't share 6, no longer undefeated in the Super Bowl

Are all nice consolation prizes.

edit: plus they beat the Pats. I dislike the Ravens, but I despise the Patriots.

harSon

Banned
yeah there's a reason Greg Roman didn't get any coaching calls from the league

Kaepernick going to tear up the league next year though

I still stand by my statement that he'll succumb to the Sophmore jinx (ie. Opponents actually have game tape and blue prints, and can game plan accordingly) like most other young QBs who have solid first seasons. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of this year's young bunch (Kaepernick, Wilson, RG3 and Luck) 'regress' next season in terms of stats/success.

edit: plus they beat the Pats. I dislike the Ravens, but I despise the Patriots.

Plus, you secretly love Ray Lewis and were happy to see him go on top. Come on, admit it.

squicken

Really curious on Flacco. What he did this post-season isn't sustainable. How many RZ trips in a row did they have a TD? It's just another WC team getting healthy and streaking at the right time. Can he excel as a passer like Brees, Manning and Brady, where the offense runs through him? b/c if they are going to subtract 3 or 4 quality starters to augment his salary, that is what he will need to do

harSon

Banned
Flacco being extended will be the greatest thing to ever happen to the Steelers. At the end of the day, dude's inconsistent.

And hopefully between familiar faces leaving the team, Flacco being extended and the team coming off a SB, the Ravens fall victim to post SB slumber and completely shit the bed next season.

Top Bottom