• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

MechDX

I took everyones advice on what to eat and went with KFC, got a KFC bowl.

Alll lies! This is why we can't have nice things

Just means the Browns have gone full blown
321649240_1078801.gif

I won't be around for the next several hours, so barring any input from a fellow Chiefs fan, I'll go ahead and make my pick so I'm not holding this up.

The darkhorse pick would be a passrusher to replace Tamba Hali. His production slipped a bit last year, he's been toughing his way through nagging injuries nearly his entire career, turns 30 in November and has a large cap number in 2014 and 2015. The Chiefs have sent their army to privately workout Jordan & Ansah, and you always need more options to get to the quarterback.

That said, right now I expect the pick to be Luke Joeckel. While the Chiefs are also going to work out Lane Johnson and Eric Fisher, Joeckel seems to be the consensus best LT in the draft. He would immediately start at right tackle, and should slide over to LT to fill Albert's spot in 2014. Are these mock draft entries usually full of venom and vitriol towards the expected pick? Because that's all I have left.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs - Luke Joeckel -T - Texas A&M
I won't be around for the next several hours, so barring any input from a fellow Chiefs fan, I'll go ahead and make my pick so I'm not holding this up.

The darkhorse pick would be a passrusher to replace Tamba Hali. His production slipped a bit last year, he's been toughing his way through nagging injuries nearly his entire career, turns 30 in November and has a large cap number in 2014 and 2015. The Chiefs have sent their army to privately workout Jordan & Ansah, and you always need more options to get to the quarterback.

That said, right now I expect the pick to be Luke Joeckel. While the Chiefs are also going to work out Lane Johnson and Eric Fisher, Joeckel seems to be the consensus best LT in the draft. He would immediately start at right tackle, and should slide over to LT to fill Albert's spot in 2014. Are these mock draft entries usually full of venom and vitriol towards the expected pick? Because that's all I have left.
2. Jaguars - Tamanon ON THE CLOCK
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater, JABEE
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054, Kastrioti, Plinko
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox318
10. Titans - Fidelis Hodie
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers - Colonel Nasty
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints - cajunator
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals - eznark
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings - BannedEpisode
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Vikings - from Seattle - BannedEpisode
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans - MechDX
28. Broncos - Godslay, Hunter S Thompson
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

Slo

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. I can't wait to see who we draft.
Please don't be Honey Badger. It's going to be Honey Badger. :(

Tamanon

Banned
Jags #2 Pick!

Jags have a LOT of holes to fill, and the top 10 is a real crapshoot with who will be the most impactful.

They plan on building the offense around a renewed MJD, preparing to give him a big contract to get him to spend the rest of his career here. That means they need to shore up their offensive line. Since Joeckel is taken, they will pick Eric Fisher from Central Michigan. His specialty is pushing people back, and that's all MJD needs to really use his skills. Defensive Tackles are too hit-and-miss, but O-line are generally stable.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I was at the office for the local AAA team, picking up my ticket plan and the salesman had a Christian Ponder picture on his cork board. Poor bastard.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs - Luke Joeckel - T - Texas A&M

2. Jaguars - Eric Fisher - T - Central Michigan
Jags #2 Pick!

Jags have a LOT of holes to fill, and the top 10 is a real crapshoot with who will be the most impactful.

They plan on building the offense around a renewed MJD, preparing to give him a big contract to get him to spend the rest of his career here. That means they need to shore up their offensive line. Since Joeckel is taken, they will pick Eric Fisher from Central Michigan. His specialty is pushing people back, and that's all MJD needs to really use his skills. Defensive Tackles are too hit-and-miss, but O-line are generally stable.
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92 - ON THE CLOCK
4. Eagles - Yankeehater, JABEE
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054, Kastrioti, Plinko
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox318
10. Titans - Fidelis Hodie
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers - Colonel Nasty
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints - cajunator
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals - eznark
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings - BannedEpisode
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Vikings - from Seattle - BannedEpisode
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans - MechDX
28. Broncos - Godslay, Hunter S Thompson
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

- I'll be out for the next few hours for my mother's birthday. Try to keep it moving.

Wes

venison crêpe
Jags #2 Pick!

Goddamnit Jags. You've ruined everything.

bionic77

Steelers GAF I recommend drafting an all pro pass rusher, linebacker and safety in the first 4 rounds. Use the other picks on depth and take a chance at wide receiver.

See if you can find any Ivy League players who understand timeouts and when to kick field goals. Draft one of them and make him the coach.

Slo

So you guys thought it was a good idea to do the mock draft just as this thread was about to get locked, huh? Good call.

cajunator

Banned
I only buy movies I will watch more than 3 times. That is a small list.

Waste of crap for me. Would rather just download when I want it.

I like to rewatch stuff a lot. Sometimes I want to just watch something I havent seen in many years and its nice to have it sitting on a shelf. I dont want to have to resort to piracy to watch something. Netflix and Hulu suck for choices. Redbox requires leaving my house. I just want to put a movie on and watch it with as little effort as possible.

I cant even watch dvds anymore.

DVD isnt bad. Depends on the show and the quality of the DVD.
I buy blurays for durability. you cant scratch the things. I was super obsessed with keeping my DVD collection scratch free. Out of hundreds of DVDs I might have like 10 of them scratched at all.

jakncoke

Banned
I like to rewatch stuff a lot. Sometimes I want to just watch something I havent seen in many years and its nice to have it sitting on a shelf. I dont want to have to resort to piracy to watch something. Netflix and Hulu suck for choices. Redbox requires leaving my house. I just want to put a movie on and watch it with as little effort as possible.

DVD isnt bad. Depends on the show and the quality of the DVD.
I buy blurays for durability. you cant scratch the things. I was super obsessed with keeping my DVD collection scratch free. Out of hundreds of DVDs I might have like 10 of them scratched at all.

Not to mention sucks for choices unless you watch a hand full of the latest movies

cajunator

Banned
Not to mention sucks for choices unless you watch a hand full of the latest movies

Not to mention I love to watch anime and there are only two real options there legally. Crunchyroll streaming or buying the discs. Call me old fashioned, but I like physical media. I like having stuff I like available to watch instead of having to track it down and having some company arbitrarily choose to yank it off of a temporary server when they dont want you to watch it anymore. Fuck that noise and fuck digital downloading.

jakncoke

Banned
Not to mention I love to watch anime and there are only two real options there legally. Crunchyroll streaming or buying the discs. Call me old fashioned, but I like physical media. I like having stuff I like available to watch instead of having to track it down and having some company arbitrarily choose to yank it off of a temporary server when they dont want you to watch it anymore. Fuck that noise and fuck digital downloading.

Yeah its nice to own it yourself

Top Bottom