• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Watch some videos of him, where did he line up most of the time? He plays MLB, not a pass rusher...

He switched from OLB to ILB last year where he was before. Looking at his video, he looks like he attracts a lot of blocks and tries too hard. Hopefully, Packers can break him down and work on his movement.

Smh, me and you the only member of the Carlos Hyde hype train...... You're a member right?

i love Hyde! he is going to tear it up this year. i was sad to see gore go but also happy because i wanted el guapo to get more PT.

we drafted smelter? FINALLY a halfway decent pick. he'll be redshirt this year but i like the pick

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Packers will Matt Flynn his ass. Someone will give up a mid round pick for him in a few years. Best GM in football continues to be the best gm.

rogawful-600x337.jpg

I am extremely pleased with the Jaguars draft so far. I thought they would have to get Greene in the 4th round, but ended up getting him in the 5th.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Still no help for the 49ers on the offensive line? Kaep and crew will not be able to do anything unless they fix that mess from last year.

Nobody in the Cowboys war room seemed to care when Ajayi was selected. I guess they weren't joking when they said that rb wasn't a priority in this draft.

Enron

Banned
Ajayi gone? Fuck this draft. What a disasterous draft for Dallas. In 4 years, none of these guys will be starters and I have serious doubts about most of them even contributing.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Bills took Vince Williams' brother. Was hoping he'd come in as a free agent. Oh well. If Karlos works as hard as Vince, that's a bargain fifth rounder.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
"It was a surprise for me," Thompson said. "I don't even know how to explain it right now. After the numbers I put up this year, I thought free agency was going to be the main goal, probably." He also said the Giants were the only team that brought him in for a pre-draft visit

Never a great sign when the guy you drafted honestly thought there was no shot he was getting drafted.

Striker

Yeah, Thompson is a strange pick. But it's a typical Reese pick where he often seems to value ST play in those rounds. He did have three blocked punts so he has some ST ability, where he'll probably be most effective.

"It was a surprise for me," Thompson said. "I don't even know how to explain it right now. After the numbers I put up this year, I thought free agency was going to be the main goal, probably." He also said the Giants were the only team that brought him in for a pre-draft visit

Never a great sign when the guy you drafted honestly thought there was no shot he was getting drafted.

5th round .....I mean these are the picks you use to take chances on guys you feel are a team fit. I have no issue with it.

Duxxy3

Bill must be a lot more confident in his corners than any other analyst. Not sure about any players picked today. I'm happy about the FSU guard. He'll be a great fit next to stork.

Everybody else... well we'll see how adjust to the next level. Bill is betting on smarts and leadership.

Still no help for the 49ers on the offensive line? Kaep and crew will not be able to do anything unless they fix that mess from last year.

exactly. a lot of question marks on the line:

1. brandon thomas. he will obviously be a better pass blocker than iupati (which i think almost anyone in the NFL could be) but can he get at the same level in run blocking (at which iupati was elite)?

2. is alex boone going to play like he did in 2012-2013 (one of the better RG's in the league) or like he did in 2014 (arguably the worst RG in the league via stats OR the eye ball test)

3. who will start at center and will they suck dick (as they both did) last year? i had high hopes for marcus martin but he really disappointed. i understand he was hurt early and missed a lot of time so i'm not completely giving up on him but he needs to do better. kilgore was better than martin but got pushed around pretty easily from what i saw early in the year. who knows how he comes back from a broken leg

4. is anthony davis going to be able to stay healthy? has he learned to deal with the speed rush yet? will boone sucking dick drastically affect Davis (as it did when we had another trash RG chilo rachal)?

5. i'm not worried about joe staley. had some up's and down's last year, as most lineman do, but overall i felt that he was solid and still a top 10 LT all around

6. I'm glad we signed Eric Pears from the bills. not a flashy signing but good for depth. beyond him, what do we have for depth? joe looney? some young guys we haven't seen yet will have to step up

i still feel like we would have been best served trading alex boone for a bag of flamin' hot cheetos and drafting a guard early. boone d oesn't want to be here and you can tell by his shitty play. he is going to get kap or someone else hurt. oh well

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
5th round .....I mean these are the picks you use to take chances on guys you feel are a team fit. I have no issue with it.

I don't have any issue with it either, just thought it was interesting. Giants obviously targeted a guy nobody else was really looking to get. Could work out great for them, probably wont work out at all which is the case for the overwhelming majority of 5th round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom