• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitbydeath

Any idea? Why space looking game on his page tweeter account?
yI1jWhQ.jpg

Probably wanting to go into stasis until launch.

ksdixon

HHG talking about being shown download button on PSNow; and PS2/3 on PStore, with PS1 supposedly coming in future.

So far.. we have that currently. Some games on PSN (I believe all the non-PS3 ones?) can be downloaded to PS4. PS2 Classics can be purchased from the PStore to be played on PS4. The PStore on PC can still purchase PS3 and Vita games... Together with the patents that we've all seen on here perhaps being nothing more than old news for things that won't end-up happening, this doesn't seem to bode well for future BC.

Boyes now talking about going-back to old games can be disappointing. Compares Crash to Crash Remastered. That's not promising.

HipHopGamer - The old games are for the cloud but the way it's done is crazy i'm a show yall soon after this

Last edited:

ksdixon

From YouTube live chat:

ksdixon86 - Jonesing for BC news. Completely disheartened by Jim Ryan's comments on BC.

HipHopGamer - ksdixon jim ryan said no but yet confirmed psnow for ps5 and it's revamped i'm a break it down further, and then go back and watch my first vid on it then you gonna say ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HipHopGamer - it's via the cloud even with a disc as a authenticator, but it doesn't run off a disc just like xbox it's just used to recognize info that's all

Last edited:
T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
I dont think he has said much about GOW2 for awhile, new IP is likely
He played a major role in the 2018 game as the creative director and oversaw almost all the project, I reckon he still has the creative role but is spending less time supervising the production so he can focus on the unknown IP. I do remember him saying they had already mapped out the narrative/plot of the next time game quite a while back now.

ksdixon

Paraphrase-typing live:

HipHopGamer - Jim Ryan says PS5 won't be backwards compatible but also confirmed that PSNow is coming to PS5. Interesting right? Heavily investing in PSNow, not the same as old PSNow (server rack of PS3's in the cloud). All that is done. Sony did the deal with MS for Asure cloud. The tools they have now are light years ahead. One patent showed recently showing PS1,2,3 having a gallery of games associated with that console. Virtual Machine emulating that mochine's OS. Dave Perry (Gaikai) says cloud computing is the new way to doing BC in a server...

I can't keep up typing, so just gonna listen now, and discuss with people after the video.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Apple is working with Sony and Microsoft to bring Apple TV app to PlayStation and Xbox consoles
9to5Mac has learned that Apple is working with Sony to bring the Apple TV app to PlayStation consoles. Our anonymous source also believes HomeKit support could arrive at some point but that feature may not launch at the same time as the Apple TV app.

As reported by Windows Central, Xbox is the newest hardware platform scheduled to be getting the Apple TV app as the option to use it showed up for some users in the Xbox Insiders beta program.

Last edited:
This is the weirdest most frustrating console launch in history. I have never been so anti-hype before for new consoles. At this point I don't care what Sony or MS does. They've both fucked it up.

We're a month away from launch and we still don't know the full launch lineups, system UI walkthroughs, special console features, hardware breakdows. FUCK ALL !!!

It wouldn't cost you a damn thing to record a video of some hardware or software engineers breaking down the system's features and uploading it to their official channels.

I could have a dick pick up on insta in a minute but who wants to see that.
Yeah, by this time 2013 I had already played Killzone on a PS4 at an expo. THAT was hype...

VFXVeteran

Banned
Didn't now reflections made trees lose 80% of their leaves.

When you cast a reflection ray, its too expensive to re-render the entire scene with all the detail and shaders yet again. This would require massive amounts of bandwidth. Something that requires hardware that's not here yet. They have to cut out the reflection scene as much as possible. You can also notice that Spiderman's costume/geo in the reflection isn't as detailed as the non-reflected one. You'll see this a lot in the upcoming games. FX will be cut out, bloom will disappear, proxy geometry will be used, no shadows will appear, etc..

Orky

Banned
From YouTube live chat:

ksdixon86 - Jonesing for BC news. Completely disheartened by Jim Ryan's comments on BC.

HipHopGamer - ksdixon jim ryan said no but yet confirmed psnow for ps5 and it's revamped i'm a break it down further, and then go back and watch my first vid on it then you gonna say ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HipHopGamer - it's via the cloud even with a disc as a authenticator, but it doesn't run off a disc just like xbox it's just used to recognize info that's all

lol and why should we believe him? Is he credible?

Last edited:
unknown.png

Peter on ps4 always looked liked an old uncanny goblin, He doesn't look "experienced" he looks like he has birth defects and a drug addiction.
Very happy they fixed him. New guy actually looks 23.
It's always going to be like this. A developer makes a change and the gaming community get their knickers in a twist.

I'm happy the game devs follow their vision and ignore the man babies on the forums and social media platforms.

Jen_yakzua

lol and why should we believe him? Is he credible?
As someone who has watched him since 2013, you have to take his word as a 50/25/25%
50% of the time he's wrong
25% of the time he's right with the other
25% being were what he says is right at that
Moment but he ends up being incorrect in the end, case and point the def jam situation were he was was right that def jam
Was trying to make a new fighting game but ,because of contracts that artist had as def jam was trying to get artist from other labels involved things didn't pan out but no-one knew any of this and alot of people bashed him then we found out about the contract situation and some people were still upset cause he hyped them up ,But um yea he's right sometimes wrong other times and speak to early other

HAL-01

When you cast a reflection ray, its too expensive to re-render the entire scene with all the detail and shaders yet again. This would require massive amounts of bandwidth. Something that requires hardware that's not here yet. They have to cut out the reflection scene as much as possible. You can also notice that Spiderman's costume/geo in the reflection isn't as detailed as the non-reflected one. You'll see this a lot in the upcoming games. FX will be cut out, bloom will disappear, proxy geometry will be used, no shadows will appear, etc..
What do you think about spidey's reflection not quite lining up at its contact points? John Linneman suggested it's because spidey himself might be SSR, though the original game does have SSR for the player and it never resolves the entire figure. Could they be blending the RT and SSR reflection seamlessly, or could something else be going on?

did they bump up the resolution?
I cant see the difference in this trailer except for peter's face ofcoz.

The differences aren't that pronounced at least in this cutscene and the gameplay they showed. It's hard to blame them since OG Spider-Man is so damn good on a graphical/visual fidelity, let alone the PS4 Pro. I think we might see a bigger leap in Miles Morales and of course Spider-Man 2!

edotlee

LiquidRex

Moore's Law mentions the Cache in RDNA 2 cards here around 13 — 14 mins...

However Paul leaked the Cache here 2 weeks ago (Infinity Cache)

So I wonder if the same has been added to the PS5, not as large obviously, and engineered to not take up too much die space... Maybe stacked. 🧠
This would help the PS5 GDDR6 Memory bandwidth.

And a side thought... Has anyone been banned on here for the over use of emojis... Or could I be the first. 😝

Last edited:

LiquidRex

Moore's Law mentions the Cache in RDNA 2 cards here around 13 — 14 mins...

However Paul leaked the Cache here 2 weeks ago (Infinity Cache)

So I wonder if the same has been added to the PS5, not as large obviously, and engineered to not take up too much die space... Maybe stacked. 🧠
This would help the PS5 GDDR6 Memory bandwidth.

And a side thought... Has anyone been banned on here for the over use of emojis... Or could I be the first. 😝

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom