• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
They built it so they could put the normal console in it to keep it cool. "lollipop_disappointed:

Agree, people should not get triggered and need to chill.
What could have made it even more next level is if the fridge had the series x guts in the back so you could hook it to a tv. That would have been an awesome visual.

He is right... to change the decompression algorithm you need to recompress all the game data stored in your disc.

It is a slow process if done locally with a tool (you send the tool via patch and run it to all data in disc that will decompress and compress in the new format) or a big patch near the download game size.
Yes man. I shared his tweets here because he works on Rad Game Tools, the owners of Oodle Textures.

But completely understandable for a hard drive which loads 50-100 MBs per second.

My personal opinion is that the PS4/X1 generation should have been optimized with a 'standard' SSD (500 MBs per second), while the PS5/XSX generation went just fine with a Nv2 SSD.

The PS4/X1 gen going with a mere HDD was a clusterfuck and it shows.

PS4 came with a SATA2 bus ... so max was 300MB/s. Not sure about XboxOne.
PS4pro had SATA3 .

ethomaz

Banned
I know 1080 at 120 Hz is doable. Just wanted to verify 1440.
Did you read the link?

It is doable up to 1600p 120Hz with nVidia GPUs / driver.

But you need to force via nVidia driver the resolution and refresh rate... it is not an option on Windows.

Now if you want to know if AMD GPUs allow the same I don’t know but I’m sure consoles won’t allow it.

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned
yes several other forum users and I had several private conversations about it. I will say that Heisenberg was 100% right and I know why I was given the numbers that I was. I will not speak on anything as I am just a forum member and will not be speaking as an insider. I will say that they were 100% correct on the games and time frames even though capcom and Sony outright denied resident evil 8 and god of war ragnarok. Outside of that I am just as excited as you all are for the next consoles and would suggest that you all hold on to your socks.

You’re very brave to come back here and start talking more BS. Who payed you to come back conveniently at the launch of the consoles? You sneakily admitted that everything you said was made up. You and Trolldium really put on a show.

Now GTFO.

roops67

I hope it's not my sister. "lollipop_disappointed:
(Quick before MasterCornholio MasterCornholio gets this)

VC2OWKD.jpg

What makes this even more fitting is that Amanda Cerny does look like Carrie Fisher, and you're a Fish... MindBlown!

Y71sEcA.gif

... The universe is telling you 'yes it is okay for you to DO Amanda, even if she's your sister you immoral dirty fish'

(Quick before MasterCornholio MasterCornholio gets this)

VC2OWKD.jpg

What makes this even more fitting is that Amanda Cerny does look like Carrie Fisher, and you're a Fish... MindBlown!

Y71sEcA.gif

... The universe is telling you 'yes it is okay for you to DO Amanda, even if she's your sister you immoral dirty fish'

A cousin of mine wanted to go out with me once so I understand.

I should have went out with her to be honest.

roops67

A cousin of mine wanted to go out with me once so I understand.

I should have went out with her to be honest.
Yikes that's too much information, I think you should have kept that to yourself :messenger_grimmacing_ (kidding really "pie_tears_joy: ) ... You're referring to your alter-ego Beavis yes?

I meant to write 'quick before mastercornholio beats me to the joke' LoL

Mark my words. These consoles will struggle to hit 4K in more demanding titles pretty soon (except maybe in huge 1st party titles) and 1800p or even 1440p will be the preferred resolution with checkerboarding-like techniques applied. The reason being that the GPU bandwidth is slow in both. Those leaked RX6000 benchmarks gives us clues that this is true. At 1440p it flies ahead of the competition, at 4K it gets about as good.

Yikes that's too much information, I think you should have kept that to yourself :messenger_grimmacing_ (kidding really "pie_tears_joy: ) ... You're referring to your alter-ego Beavis yes?

I meant to write 'quick before mastercornholio beats me to the joke' LoL

Honestly she wasn't that closely related to me so it would have been legal. And it's not like it would have been strange where I came from because people do that all the time.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Arnold voice: YOU SANAVABITCH!

I have so many questions!

Where the hell were you? Thought we were going to be pissed at you for the 13TFs thingie? Will you buy Dirt 5? Did you laugh at the Halo Infinite gameplay? What was the trailer with the insect/curse thing? RE8? Did you knew about the Bethesda acquisition - hence why you said MS was killing it?

But most importantly ...

LA9gNVn.jpg

Did you come?

I did. And it's still early access. Full of bugs and shit. And yet I came.

Brooklyn, yes but not as pissed as I was, nope, nope but I laughed at the memes, no comment, village, nope, I am still aroused this and ghost have occupied a bunch of my time. If I could only figure out if I can play as an illithid.

OsirisBlack

Banned
You’re very brave to come back here and start talking more BS. Who payed you to come back conveniently at the launch of the consoles? You sneakily admitted that everything you said was made up. You and Trolldium really put on a show.

Now GTFO.
I’m not talking anything, no one, never did anything of the sort as I don’t make things up. You obviously have me confused with the guy in the other forum that I will not name here that did exactly what you’re saying I did.

Enjoy your night.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
yes several other forum users and I had several private conversations about it. I will say that Heisenberg was 100% right and I know why I was given the numbers that I was. I will not speak on anything as I am just a forum member and will not be speaking as an insider. I will say that they were 100% correct on the games and time frames even though capcom and Sony outright denied resident evil 8 and god of war ragnarok. Outside of that I am just as excited as you all are for the next consoles and would suggest that you all hold on to your socks.

Welcome back

And yet Fortnite's latest PC patch did exactly that, so it's not unheard off.
The most popular game as Service from a company owner of the most popular
engine will not behave in the same as Naughty Dog, I don't said was not possible to do,
yes is possible but say "could happens" is just talk for talk you saw the size of the patch.

I am not talking about a technical impossibility.

Rossco EZ

good to see you back bud :messenger_ok::messenger_beermugs:

Thedtrain

Glad you’re back, should be an amazing gen for all

renx

Hi everyone.
Looking forward for the 10/28 RDNA 2 reveal, as further info about the PS5 SoC goes along with it.
I believe that all of this "mystery praising" that the PS5 received from developers (some even implying that the console is "revolutionary") has further reasons, other than its phenomenal IO thoughput that we already know about.
So I am expecting people to be pleasantly surprised in a few days.
It's just speculation, but I bet that the PS5 SoC isn't just "fast and narrow", but it's a completely different customization instead, when compared to the Series X.
Maybe such a IO thoughput needs some kind of cache that is able to hold larger chunks of data, or may be it's something else... or maybe both.
Let's wait and see.

bitbydeath

Don’t know if this has been seen yet.
Covers a lot more detail on BC compared to the previous blog post.

• HDR is automatically switched on for PS5 consoles. To turn off HDR, go to Settings > Screen and Video > Video Output > HDR and select SDR.

• The PS4 tournaments feature is not supported on PS5 consoles.

• In-Game Live from PlayStation is not supported on PS5 consoles.

• PS5 consoles do not support the PS4 Second Screen app or game companion apps.

A lot more in the link but those above I don’t recall seeing previously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom