• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So....What, lets say 3, games would/are you getting release day? I'm still undecided but leaning towards:

• Miles Morales (Looking Noice in 4k/RT)
  • Sackboy (Wife/Kids)
  • Watch Dogs: Legion (Dunno tbh)
Not Really a Godfall/Demon's Souls kinda guy.

Spiderman Miles Morales, Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Godfall for me.
I still have plenty of PS4 games to get through (GoT, TLoU2, GoW to name just a few) so will be busy for a while I think!

Mahavastu

So....What, lets say 3, games would/are you getting release day? I'm still undecided but leaning towards:

• Sackboy (Wife/Kids)

For me probably:
  • Miles Morales (looks great, loved 1st game)
  • Valhalla (loved Origins and I really liked what I saw in the last gameplays)
  • PS+ subscription for the collection. Some games I really want to give a try. I hope for some enhancement patches
Some other games look great but I am not really into them.
And paying 80€ per game is strange for someone like me who usually only buys in the "below 20€" section of the PSN store :messenger_winking:

Edit: forgot to add that I already pre ordered Cyberpunk months ago, which has the same launch days as the PS5 here. But it goes to my nephew first.
I will have more then enough to play I guess :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:
I went out on a date with @AeneaGames last night :messenger_heart:

We had a great time.

images

You cheating asshole!!!!! Das it, you're getting some scalding juniper tinted cream from my per pixel shaded bellend.

Sethbacca

• Sackboy (Wife/Kids)

Spiderman MM
Cyberpunk 2077
AC Valhalla

If there are any big black friday sales I may grab one other but I'm waiting for reviews on Godfall and Destruction All stars, and it looks like the PS5 version of Watchdogs doesn't release until a month after the PS4 version for some reason?

quest

Not Banned from OT
I always try to not look too harshly on a lot of the Xbox fanbase, because they get fed a lot of bullshit from Microsoft that they rightly defend as fans of the platform. Then those big words from Microsoft turn out to be just a load of hot air, and the fans end up looking stupid to everyone else.

I level my entire criticism when this happens at Microsoft's door.

And when we get games looking pretty much identical on both platforms, it's them I'll try to lambast and criticise, not the fans going to bat for them based on their lies and marketing bull.
You mean like being for generations before being against them? Both companies spout a lot of crap. Companies only care about your wallet.

Lysandros

Behave, man.

Its 12 TF v 10 TF. Not 12 TF v 2 TF. Multiplat games ARE gonna look and behave the same until these machines are pushed hard. Then you will likely see the XSX hold its framerate/resolution longer whilst the PS5 starts dipping.

It'll probably be mid gen before we start seeing such behaviour though.

In the meantime, both products will be bringing stuff to the party that should keep their respective fans happy, without the need to go to town on their rivals.

Although, going by this forum, you would think that going to town on the rival platform is the only thing that matters!
Furthermore, game performance isn't solely related to the teraflop number.

FunkMiller

You mean like being for generations before being against them? Both companies spout a lot of crap. Companies only care about your wallet.

While it's true to say that all companies do indeed spout their fair share of marketing bullshit (and I should know, I work in private sector communications) Microsoft have been more guilty of it over the years than their competitors.

Shmunter

Errr by whom?
All Sony have said is an adapter will be provided for free for existing PSVR owners and more info will follow.
They certainly haven't said one will be included in every PS5 box.

Article states adaptor included.....” You'll also need to use the included PS Camera adaptor, which thankfully comes with the system. “

Article could be wrong. But a simple USB dongle costing a few cents is likely easier just to mass distribute than administering a whole redemption process together with the associated shipping costs.

...And paying 80€ per game is strange for someone like me who usually only buys in the "below 20€" section of the PSN store :messenger_winking:

Thats why I brought a Disc Version, 2nd hand games option

it looks like the PS5 version of Watchdogs doesn't release until a month after the PS4 version for some reason?
Thought it was the 24th November in the UK for Physical, Which is 5 Days? Not sure where you are in the world Mate, so your mileage may vary

ToadMan

See, there's your problem. Most folk won't care. I personally can't wait to get stuck into Forza Horizon 4 at 4k60, and replay through the Halo campaigns at 4k60 (my TV doesn't support 120fps) and to generally just have games perform well for a change.

In time, the big hitting exclusives will come. I'm personally all for Halo, so it's Infinite I'm most looking forward to.

3 years of Gamepass Ultimate will see me right whilst waiting.

Thats great.

Be happy with your game and platform choices.

There’s no need to make a plea to technical superiority that you don’t believe in. That speculation ended when we saw next gen games running on the hardware (or something like the hardware lol).

Be happy playing the games you want to play - graphical inferiority is rarely the reason a console game stops being fun.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

Thought it was the 24th November in the UK for Physical, Which is 5 Days? Not sure where you are in the world Mate, so your mileage may vary

I'm in the US. It looks like the PS4/XBone versions come out 10/29 but the PS5 version doesn't come out till 11/24. I guess I'm just wondering if I got the PS4 disc version whether the PS5 patch won't be available on day 1, or if the 11/24 release date on PS5 is only the physical release and the next gen patch for the PS4 version will be available on PS5 release day.

DaGwaphics

Cod damn MM looks amazing in motion; RT reflections as you swing past windows and shit. That's more than I was expecting from RT this generation let alone for a launch window game TBH.

They've done a great job. (We will choose not to notice that the reflections have a lot less detail than the world).

Edit: Jokes for those that couldn't tell. The game looks fantastic, can't wait to see what new wrinkles they've added.

Last edited:

xacto

i really don't get the Sackboy bit part of the tweet though, the game looks amazing to me.

Granted its nowhere near as flash looking as demon souls but atm nothing is,

He's probably trying to placate the rabid fanbase on each side of the fence, plus the fact that he got attacked on his Twitter timeline like there's no tomorrow. Trying to hold the line must not be easy for him.

But you're right, Sackboy looks cute as a button, I loved LittleBigPlanet 3 on PS4 as well, a nice family game.

• Sackboy (Wife/Kids)

Demon's souls(never played it so it alone would be enough)
Cyperpunk 2077 (already sold my ps4 pro so cant play it before I have ps5+it)

And I dont need 3rd one, I have like 70+ ps4 games still to play, and I dont want to pay launch prices unless I really want the game.

It stray would be launch game, that would be 3rd. Be a cat, dream come true and last cat came I have plaeyd were alley cat on friends 286 around 1990 :) looong wait to release the inner kitten.

DaGwaphics

No that's not something that I really noticed or give a shit about lol

Just playing with you. I was joking, it does look great. However, you know there will be some funny gifs where 20 people are walking across the street but only 3 are reflected in the glass.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I would like to hear you legendary analysis of Halo Infinite graphics. You seems very nitpic....I mean thorough 🤣

Halo Infinite looked like hot garbage, even for an X1 game. The gameplay loop might be okay, but they did something wrong somewhere on the graphics, I said that the day I first saw it. LOL

That's my highly detailed and very technical review of HI graphics.

Last edited:

ToadMan

He's probably trying to placate the rabid fanbase on each side of the fence, plus the fact that he got attacked on his Twitter timeline like there's no tomorrow. Trying to hold the line must not be easy for him.

That was my feeling reading it cold - “Hey guys please don’t be angry if the Xsex stuff we show you looks bad. Oh and for you PS fans we’ll throw in Bugsnax so be cool!”

When did it become necessary for “journalists” to apologise for the quality of products produced by corporations? Particularly trillion dollar corporations using money to buy market dominance ....

source.gif

Both games are cross gen and first party. Good try.

Its literally the perfect comparison. Flagship cross gen exclusive launch games.

The difference is Miles Morales looks great, while Halo looked so bad it got delayed.

Uh, no. The topic was RT reflections. Those are only available in the PS5 version of the game.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It's very noticeable imo. I wouldn't sacrifice 60 FPS for low detail reflections. But that's up to personal preference, obviously.
I can see it if I examine them but that doesn't make it noticeable to me.

Flying through the city at high speed stuff like the RT reflections on the building windows are in the peripheral just enhancing the immersion factor for me.

Even the reflection of the windows in that scene where MM opens the door to the shop; I'm not gonna sit and stare at them in game.. but the game is gonna feel life like as hell despite the fact if I did stop to stare at them I could "notice" they aren't perfect.

With stuff like screen space reflections they'd avoid having a window like that even reflect entirely edge to edge on your screen.

Last edited:

anaphase

That was my feeling reading it cold - “Hey guys please don’t be angry if the Xsex stuff we show you looks bad. Oh and for you PS fans we’ll throw in Bugsnax so be cool!”

When did it become necessary for “journalists” to apologise for the quality of products produced by corporations? Particularly trillion dollar corporations using money to buy market dominance ....

source.gif

I think it reads like what it says. No need to "find" double meanings that just so happen to line up with your agenda.

What stood out to me was the be respectful and be cool part. He knows, hell we all know how pathetic rabid fanboys can be. Incessant tweeting, posting, threats even. Sometimes it's funny, most times it's sad. I find humor in a good jab or two, but people take it way too far.

The sad part is too, i'm sure most of the people doing this shit are adults like me. Dawg I got kids, a mortgage, car payments, projects to manage. You will NEVER find me volunteering for Sony or Microsoft as a "warrior" :messenger_tears_of_joy:. It baffles me, really it does.

DrDamn

• Sackboy (Wife/Kids)

PS5
  • Miles Morales - skipped on PS4 so looking forward to playing it all on PS5
  • Sackboy - love the style and the new approach (pure 3D platformer - no creation - tightened up controls)
  • Demon's Souls
Contenders for a sale or if reviewed well ...
  • Godfall
  • Destruction Allstars
XSX
  • Halo MCC @ 120fps
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Gears Tactics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom