• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye not having halo really really fucked Microsoft big time.

They have to try to keep up the good pr i suppose, but yer, the end of this generation is pretty poor and the start of this be one is even worse.

Sony kept on giving the goods right up to the end, ghost of Tsushima, the last of us 2, and now demon souls, spiderman BUGFUCKINGSNAX at the start to name a few.

I mean if you were a completly neutral in the console wars 50/50 would you seriously recommend an xbox over a ps5 this xmas to someone, considering what you can play in regards to last gen and this gen on both systems.

I would feel fucking dirty telling some mum to get an xbox if i worked at one of those stores.
The only situation where I can recommend to get one XSX this year is you never play the titles
of the current gen of xbox and you are not interested in the PS5 lineup so yeah is a very weird case
because even then a PC still a better option if you can pay it.

If a regular user doesn't bought the console of Microsoft in the last 7 years they will not do it now to
play the same titles or scorn.

sircaw

Banned
The only situation where I can recommend to get one XSX this year is you never play the titles
of the current gen of xbox and you are not interested in the PS5 lineup so yeah is a very weird case

If a regular user doesn't bought the console of Microsoft in the last 7 years they will not do it now to
play the same titles or scorn.

For sure, i mean granted in probably 3 -4 years this will change when they start delivering their new games but damn what a long time to wait. and who knows maybe in 4 years time Microsoft might ever release another new upgraded console a 20 tflop pro refresh machine.

Mr Moose

How only more than 1k if they talking of 3 gen of xbox.

giphy.gif

The XSX will be a good buy in a couple of years but today that lineup has fucking nothing.

The largest launch lineup in Xbox history
They are counting games that have been out for years with this statement?

Nowcry

Not bad, they have good assets, although a bit repetitive, but for a small group they seem to be doing a good job.

Do we know if it is Xbox or is it equivalent hardware?

It fails a bit in non-organic materials, they should be wetted a little more, since it highlights a little that it is all full of "organic mucus" and some materials seem dry.

I hope the art designers got that feedback to make the adjustment.

Last edited:
It's interesting for sure. That's day and date for gamepass right?
This trailer caused me indifference looks like is not my type of game.

Not bad, they have good assets, although a bit repetitive, but for a small group they seem to be doing a good job.

Do we know if it is Xbox or is it equivalent hardware?

It fails a bit in non-organic materials, they should be wetted a little more, since it highlights a little that it is all full of "organic mucus" and some materials seem dry.

I hope the art designers got that feedback to make the adjustment.
In theory is XSX gameplay.
It doesnt specify, but i assume the S at the end of 1000 means they are referring go multiple thosands, as 2,000. 3,000 or 4,000 ..but obviously they dont get specific.
Don't think so you could be right but I say this because they didn't allow the journalists to play all the BC titles in XSX so they are still working in that.

Last edited:

T-Cake

Why does everyone automatically assume that because you have a PC it's the best place to play? I totally hate it and wish I'd never spent so much money on the thing. Especially with the amount of poor ports that seem to be happening lately and cheating scumbags in multiplayer.

Why does everyone automatically assume that because you have a PC it's the best place to play? I totally hate it and wish I'd never spent so much money on the thing. Especially with the amount of poor ports that seem to be happening lately and cheating scumbags in multiplayer.
In PC and XSX you can play the same titles even more in PC but cheaper, the difference is the entry price is that, you don't need to pay online you
can use the same control, connect your same tv and do more things.

If you will not spend in a PC. that is your situation/opinion, I don't care spent that amount of money, I have the 3 consoles and PC the only real advantage
I saw in my Xbox one is the price and also because I like physical media.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Don't think so you could be right but I say this because they didn't allow the journalists to play all the BC titles in XSX so they are still working in that.
I do think so. The s means multiple thousands. If someone says they have hundreds of dollars in their wallet, does that mean 100-199 or 200/300/.../999

Imtjnotu

Well, the art style is interesting...a bit icky though. Honestly, this gameplay segment just seemed boring AF to me. I'm sure it gets more lively, but not a great "demo" to show, IMHO. Oh well, different strokes for different folk! Just doesn't look interesting to me right now.
Game is so slow paced and boring to watch him move around. I guess I'm. Just use too the doom. Chaos

Nowcry

What will your starting line-up be?

PS5 disc version + 1 extra game pad.

Spiderman MM + Spiderman

Demon Souls

GoT (first Store sale) Possibly Christmas or BF

TLOU2 (in the first sale of the Store) possibly Christmas or Black Friday

And with all this we come to Ratchet / Horizon / GoW Ragnarok and Final Fantasy XVI

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3090 / 3080 20 GB year 2045 when in stock. I think I get the PS5 or PS6 before.............. :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Ciberpunk para PC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XVA does not work yet, they need to stop the user and close areas of the map to create the next ones.

I put video with timestamp:

It is still in development but the design will remain even if XVA is active later.

Or maybe only Desing but Strange Desing for 2020.

Last edited:
What will your starting line-up be?

PS5 disc version + 1 extra game pad.
Spiderman MM + Spiderman
Demon Souls
GoT (first Store sale) Possibly Christmas or BF
TLOU2 (in the first sale of the Store) possibly Christmas or Black Friday

And with all this we come to Ratchet / Horizon / GoW Ragnarok and Final Fantasy XVI

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3090 / 3080 20 GB year 2045 when in stock. I think I get the PS5 or PS6 before.............. :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Ciberpunk for PC.
PS5 disc version
Spiderman MM
Demon Souls
AC Valhalla

Regarding Cyberpunk I will play it in my PC but also I will have the PS4 because reasons, I was planning to buy
a 3070 but with this problems of stock probably will buy it until the next year.

travisktl

Well, the art style is interesting...a bit icky though. Honestly, this gameplay segment just seemed boring AF to me. I'm sure it gets more lively, but not a great "demo" to show, IMHO. Oh well, different strokes for different folk! Just doesn't look interesting to me right now.
Same. I absolutely love the art style, and I couldn't help but keep saying "Damn...that's messed up looking". After watching nearly 14 minutes of slow gameplay, I expected it to be leading up to a boss fight or something awesome....but, it didn't? I feel like there's gotta be more to Scorn than what was shown.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Same. After watching nearly 14 minutes of slow gameplay, I expected it to be leading up to a boss fight or something awesome....but, it didn't? I feel like there's gotta be more to Scorn than what was shown.

there was another video, months back when you went down into some sort of laboratory, its shape was round with a stair case above it, you ended up jumping of and fighting a monster in there. It was red looking and had limbs that could stretch i think?, boss fight maybe.

The game was a shooter and i thought looked rather decent. I thought that was scorn, i was wrong.

travisktl

there was another video, months back when you went down into some sort of laboratory, its shape was round with a stair case above it, you ended up jumping of and fighting a monster in there. It was red looking and had limbs that could stretch i think?, boss fight maybe.

The game was a shooter and i thought looked rather decent. I thought that was scorn, i was wrong.
I think you're thinking of Atomic Heart. That game looks really cool, and reminds me of Prey in ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom