• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yeah, there were a lot of workarounds needed for the game to work.

-Slow walking when approaching loading points.
-Teleportation room that used an incredibly slow animation you had to wait to end before going anywhere.
-Fast travel gates that sent you to a corridor

That alone is a lot of additional work that could have been better put to use towards the actual game.

Of course we then had a lack of bosses and spectacle in general because the PS4 simply wasn’t powerful enough to handle it.

8df9085c-520d-42c6-9d46-dd6366f05887-god-of-war-fan-shares-incredible-ragnarok-inspired-kratos-portrait.jpg

Killing Thor and taking his lightning hammer to add to the variety (icy axe, fiery dual swords, electric hammer). It'll add more depth to the gameplay.

EDIT: Add toxic spear? Throwable as well! It's actually very Spartan!

30a35749352dced70cf1e622a27b5a7e.jpg

Last edited:

Tmack

And for those who want to know how the ad looked like and in my opinion this is not acceptable:

No load times? Great, let`s put some ads to replace it, people love to wait.

Seriouslly, sports games can greatly benefit for some quick match SSD glory.

Can you imagine a card on PS5 UI for quick match that you just click and in 10 seconds you already playing a random/whatever soccer match without all that bullshit/crap you have to go trough?

LucidFlux

What will your starting line-up be?

PS5 disc version + 1 extra game pad.

Spiderman MM + Spiderman

Demon Souls

GoT (first Store sale) Possibly Christmas or BF

TLOU2 (in the first sale of the Store) possibly Christmas or Black Friday

And with all this we come to Ratchet / Horizon / GoW Ragnarok and Final Fantasy XVI

Already purchased
PS5 Disc + 1 extra Dual Sense
Demon Souls - Disc
Cyberpunk - Disc, probably won't play until next-gen patch hits

Will potentially purchase digitally at launch or soon after
Sackboy
BugSnax
GodFall - Pending reviews
Destruction Allstars - Pending reviews
Destiny Beyond Light (once next-gen patch hits Dec 8)
Spiderman MM/Remaster

sircaw

Banned
8df9085c-520d-42c6-9d46-dd6366f05887-god-of-war-fan-shares-incredible-ragnarok-inspired-kratos-portrait.jpg

Killing Thor and taking his lightning hammer to add to the variety (icy axe, fiery dual swords, electric hammer). It'll add more depth to the gameplay.

Killing Thor opens up an extra-dimensional portal that sucks Kratos in and he is transported to ancient Egypt where he stands at the base of the pyramids. He then has a boss fight with the God Anubis.

He sees Rachet and clank in the portal as he is being transported to Egypt.

ToadMan

I think it reads like what it says. No need to "find" double meanings that just so happen to line up with your agenda.

What stood out to me was the be respectful and be cool part. He knows, hell we all know how pathetic rabid fanboys can be. Incessant tweeting, posting, threats even. Sometimes it's funny, most times it's sad. I find humor in a good jab or two, but people take it way too far.

The sad part is too, i'm sure most of the people doing this shit are adults like me. Dawg I got kids, a mortgage, car payments, projects to manage. You will NEVER find me volunteering for Sony or Microsoft as a "warrior" :messenger_tears_of_joy:. It baffles me, really it does.

So you believe it is the place of journalists who use tools to produce technical results to prepare their audience for what those results show?

Personally I have a concern about that. If DF were dispationately measuring the results and then publishing it that’d be fine. But DF haven’t been doing that have they?

DF measure results and then publish those and their opinions about what those results mean. And that is the reason they’re concerned about the backlash on social media.

The “agenda” has been growing in DF for a long time. I’m not talking about bias - I’m talking about the creeping need for DF to commentate on their measurements without the credentials to do so.

So the comparison doesn't stand, gotcha.

So you believe 343i was

1) Lying - the demo was not built from the ground UI for Xsex

or

2) It was built from the ground up for Xsex and ... you at least couldn’t see ray tracing.

Either way, it’s worthy of comparison based on the comment made. You Can’t criticise the RT in one consoles games when you can’t show something better on the console it’s being compared to.

So, totally worthy of comparison.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Has anyone seen this... Apologies if I've just repeated this on here....

So no RT for Consoles on Launch 🤔

I think PS5 has the edge in rasterization. Should be interesting.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

EDIT: Add toxic spear? Throwable as well! It's actually very Spartan!

30a35749352dced70cf1e622a27b5a7e.jpg

A spear isn't something new for Kratos though:

bfe3025fd614e837950b45c0eedd3c18.jpg

62.jpg

Would love to throw the spear and call it back just like the axe. Actually make them all throwable, even the blades, and call them back!

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
there was another video, months back when you went down into some sort of laboratory, its shape was round with a stair case above it, you ended up jumping of and fighting a monster in there. It was red looking and had limbs that could stretch i think?, boss fight maybe.

The game was a shooter and i thought looked rather decent. I thought that was scorn, i was wrong.

Are you sure you're not thinking of THIS game? New from a Russian dev team?

Gudji

Already purchased
PS5 Disc + 1 extra Dual Sense
Demon Souls - Disc
Cyberpunk - Disc, probably won't play until next-gen patch hits

Will potentially purchase digitally at launch or soon after
Sackboy
BugSnax
GodFall - Pending reviews
Destruction Allstars - Pending reviews
Destiny Beyond Light (once next-gen patch hits Dec 8)
Spiderman MM/Remaster

D2 patch is only on December 8? Welp nevermind buying that at launch, time to get GoT and jump into legends.

Last edited:

Axonometri

What I have
------------
PS5 Buldge version + extra D_sense joy interface
Astrobutt: Joy interface demonstration
Miles + Facechanger
Demon's Sauce
Sockboi: A Big Advent
Witchcher 3: Bought for the 3rd time: RT up grades
Borderlands 3: I couldn't stop myself
Assassin's Valhalla: p S 4 free up your game

I would if I could - or watching from the corner
------------------------------------------
Ghosts of Tushy.. tuushim.. GoT!
Cyber Punk - if I ever get out of the character designer
Bugsnax - It's for my kid *the only game I probably will finish in 2020
God of War: Social-Path edition :pie_zipper:
Horizon: Forbidden West :messenger_beaming:
Resident Evil Village :messenger_ghost:
Kena: Bridge of Spirits :messenger_poop:
Far Cry 6 :messenger_die:
Crash 4 - probably not actually, maybe? I don't know...
Godfall - sure are a lot of hack n slashing going on :messenger_dizzy:

Watch Dogs: Legion - how did this get on here?

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
yep he replied to me, linking it too, spot-on as well. hugs for the reply :messenger_heart:

Ooops! Sorry...didn't catch that other post till too late. Well, still worth seeing that Atomic Heart trailer again. Looks intriguing!

Man, I can't believe we're only about what...3-4 weeks away? If our cities aren't burned to the ground after this election I am sooo looking forward to playing on the PS5. Will definitely be safer indoors at any rate! :messenger_winking_tongue:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
At launch 100% on:
PS5 + Extra DualSense
Spiderman Ultimate (digital)

Other than that not sure I'll rush to buy any games right off the bat; I'll be splitting my PS5 time between Spiderman and playing PS4 Games. Really want to clear my PS4 backlog before developing a big PS5 Backlog but kinda consider Spiderman a part of that anyways lol

Might be getting:
2nd PS5 (doubtful at this point)
XSX (if I happen to see one online)

For XSX I'd just fuck around with things on Gamepass.

schaft0620

What will your starting line-up be?

PS5 disc version + 1 extra game pad.

Spiderman MM + Spiderman

Demon Souls

GoT (first Store sale) Possibly Christmas or BF

TLOU2 (in the first sale of the Store) possibly Christmas or Black Friday

PS5:
COD
Spider-Man
Demon's Souls
MK11
NBA
Madden
Destruction AllStars
Godfall
Dirt 5
Sackboy SE
BugSnax

Xbox Series X:
Whatever is on Game Pass

Sinthor

Gold Member
What I have
------------
PS5 Buldge version + extra D_sense joy interface
Astrobutt: Joy interface demonstration
Miles + Facechanger
Demon's Sauce
Sockboi: A Big Advent
Witchcher 3: Bought for the 3rd time: RT up grades
Borderlands 3: I couldn't stop myself
Assassin's Valhalla: p S 4 free up your game

I would if I could - or watching from the corner
------------------------------------------
Cyber Punk - if I ever get out of the character designer
Bugsnax - It's for my kid *the only game I probably will finish in 2020
God of War: Social-Path edition :pie_zipper:
Horizon: Forbidden West :messenger_beaming:
Resident Evil Village :messenger_ghost:
Kena: Bridge of Spirits :messenger_poop:
Far Cry 6 :messenger_die:
Crash 4 - probably not actually, maybe? I don't know...
Godfall - sure are a lot of hack n slashing going on :messenger_dizzy:

Watch Dogs: Legion - how did this get on here?

What I've got ordered (Besides the PS5 itself):

Watch Dogs Legion
Assassins Creed Valhalla
Witcher 3 (I have digital version so with upgrade will play)
Demons Souls (YEEESSSSS!)
Godfall (Looks better all the time!)
Spider Man Ultimate (whatever the PS5 version + MM is called these days)
Cyber Punk 2077 (will play probably once the PS5 patch is available unless I somehow get to it before then).

Basically, I thought I'd be pre-occupied probably just for months with Demons Souls alone and THEN get to some of the others. But.....Godfall...keeps looking better. I'm going to have to at least dive into that a good ways to see if I really like it. Will be tough splitting time between that and Demons Souls right out of the gate. Assassins Creed I got because they are enjoyable games and just....damn long. Should be a lot of game to play. I'm hoping Cyber Punk is as well but is just super cool and new like it looks to be. Spider Man...will be good to play...looks really fun and everyone seems to like the PS4 version a LOT. Witcher 3 I hadn't finished yet (bought it digital for $14 on sale and really liked it but I'm not that far into it) so if I have to start over with a PS5 version it's not the end of the world and I can wait for that patch to come out.

Already have my spot cleaned up for the PS5 and I've moved my PS4 Pro over to the other side. I'm ready! Now I just wish I could hit a button and teleport thru space and time to the morning of November 12th. Especially because I think I'll end up wishing I could FORGET most of the days between now and then anyway! :)

Axonometri

What I've got ordered (Besides the PS5 itself):

Watch Dogs Legion
Assassins Creed Valhalla
Witcher 3 (I have digital version so with upgrade will play)
Demons Souls (YEEESSSSS!)
Godfall (Looks better all the time!)
Spider Man Ultimate (whatever the PS5 version + MM is called these days)
Cyber Punk 2077 (will play probably once the PS5 patch is available unless I somehow get to it before then).

Basically, I thought I'd be pre-occupied probably just for months with Demons Souls alone and THEN get to some of the others. But.....Godfall...keeps looking better. I'm going to have to at least dive into that a good ways to see if I really like it. Will be tough splitting time between that and Demons Souls right out of the gate. Assassins Creed I got because they are enjoyable games and just....damn long. Should be a lot of game to play. I'm hoping Cyber Punk is as well but is just super cool and new like it looks to be. Spider Man...will be good to play...looks really fun and everyone seems to like the PS4 version a LOT. Witcher 3 I hadn't finished yet (bought it digital for $14 on sale and really liked it but I'm not that far into it) so if I have to start over with a PS5 version it's not the end of the world and I can wait for that patch to come out.

Already have my spot cleaned up for the PS5 and I've moved my PS4 Pro over to the other side. I'm ready! Now I just wish I could hit a button and teleport thru space and time to the morning of November 12th. Especially because I think I'll end up wishing I could FORGET most of the days between now and then anyway! :)
I'm pretty excited now. I started off thinking similar... I just keep buying more lol

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Maybe its weird but my games list for PS5 is :

Demon's Souls ( on the way )
Bloodborne ( got the Disc )
God of War ( got the Disc )
Spider-Man MM
The Witcher 3 ( got the Disc )

With that exact order.

So you believe 343i was

1) Lying - the demo was not built from the ground UI for Xsex

or

2) It was built from the ground up for Xsex and ... you at least couldn’t see ray tracing.

Either way, it’s worthy of comparison based on the comment made. You Can’t criticise the RT in one consoles games when you can’t show something better on the console it’s being compared to.

So, totally worthy of comparison.
When did anyone say it was built from the ground up for xsx? Pretty sure it was always said to be cross gen.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Hi guys gamefly has ps5 bundles. Couldnt find another thread to post this in. Sign up for a free account and grab one. They are 799 though

Last edited:

LucidFlux

D2 patch is only on December 8? Welp nevermind buying that at launch, time to get GoT and jump into legends.

Yep I was kinda pissed when Bungie dropped that news the other day. Of course it will still be backwards compatible on day one with improved loading, and I would imagine since it currently uses dynamic resolution that it would hold 4k and reduce frame drops in heavy action.

But 60fps, FoV slider and any other enhancements won't come until it's patched December 8th.

Ptarmiganx2

13.8 tflops was EASILY possible this gen had sony gone with a bigger chip like MS. Their cooling solution is just that amazing.

They didn't need more tflops...that's not how this generation will be measured. Let's wait to see if the PS5 utilizes infinity cache. I wouldn't be surprised if the PS5 is the more powerful machine. We are 20 days from MS launching. The best looking titles are CLEARLY on Sony's platform. MS is touting Ray tracing, yet Sony has demonstrated better use.

kyliethicc

I feel bad for Godfall. Could be fun, but I see no reason to play that game over Ghost of Tsushima Legends or any other multiplayer fighter. Generic nothing really IP & world.. Idk about that one. Hope it surprises me.

I hope Kena Bridge of Spirits and Ratchet & Clank are both out by February.

Antelope

You all are splashing out.
My plan so far is:
Disk PS5
Demon’s Souls (can i inject it?)
Spiderman Ultimate (Not sure if I’ll have the restraint to play the OG Spider-Man first)
Destiny on Dec. 8th (sigh)

Also, Headphones? I started with the 3d pulse but god help me I’ve gone down a rabbit hole filled with terrifying audiophiles. Why is it so hard to find a good set of headphones?

jose4gg

You know Microsoft lies from time to time about their products, so this is something usual and it does not matter at all, because Halo Infinite will be on gamepass day one, it does not matter it looks bad, and the gameplay is the same thing it has always been because we the fans demanded 343i to make a Halo that embraces the initial ones, they might take it too far making the design very flat like the first games 20 years ago, but again it's on game pass day one, it's not 70.

Last edited:

marvifrom

What I'll be getting at launch and just after,

Xbox Series X
Xbox Series S
Xbox Series X ( For son's Xmas)
Watch Dogs Legion
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Dirt 5
Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War
Cyberpunk 2077

Already own the likes of Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 that are being upgraded.
200.gif

Edit: Hope you didn't take it as a personal attack Riky Riky , Youre just about to drop a lot of coin$ these next few weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom