• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Some screenshots I made of Demon's Souls, enjoy:

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-16h26m38s979.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-16h27m08s379.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-16h32m41s987.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-16h35m36s080.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-16h37m00s972.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-16h37m31s707.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-16h37m50s520.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-16h40m14s817.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-16h43m18s637.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-16h44m53s354.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-16h46m04s468.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-16h46m12s557.png

Downloaded the youtube trailer from PlayStation channel, made the screenshots on VLC media player.

Last edited:
Well got my kid bro his one this morning from Argos. Shit is locked to 1 per person. Additionally cant even get accessories for shit. All these weird disclaimers of dont pre pay as you may not get item on release day. I aint into "may" whilst you hold my money. I pay you deliver end off.

Sonys control on supply is reaching Apple level. Only other brand I know that has this kind of grip on their hardware. Not even Sammy have this kind of grip. Mad ting.

How are people still spreading fud the war was over in 2016. You got exited for another war it just never came you aint got weapons.Go home Rambo the war is over. You got PTSD seek help.PS even got the jump on xbox in pre-orders. People are buying now its over. Just get some help especially if you was doing free PR & marketing for xbox like a clown.

Its time to buy or shut up.Xbox had a year campaign it failed. Buy whatever & get ready to play games. These twitter people what are they going to do & talk about. When people have there boxes. Shit is crazy.

Watching all the chaos that ensuing from the PS5 pre-orders, I, for one, am glad I decided to wait until Easter next year to pick up a new machine, and just play through my PS4 backlog until then.

I imagine there will be similar tears next week when the Xbox pre-orders start, with some retailers deciding to begin early*.

(* - you know they will, they always do..!)

Raphael

There is no "if this is true". Its patently false.

Saying shit like "If this is true [blah blah blah] disappointing" lends more credence to this abject horseshit than it deserves.

He specifically stated that modulating frequency by a few percent is enough to keep it within the targeted power envelope.

Which, if anyone has actually seen a voltage frequency curve, will know is fact.
Hmm, i See. So you are saying the cpu clock will just go down a few % to dish out the full potential thats predicted to be 10tf right? Just claryfing, im not that tech literate when it comes to the actual functioning of the specs. Would you have any prediction on cpu clock for a full 10tf output?

Last edited:
If you have a little bit of feeling you can recognize it by the look and style of the shots from Death Stranding/HZD. They have the typical characteristic look of the Decima engine (e.g. well know Thunderstorm/clouds etc.) . But that is certainly not good enough for you to justify. If you scroll through the images frame by frame, you can see the game engine characteristics that typically occur in in-game shots many times. Like for example
lagging objects
refreshing details
shadows "tremble" and pop in
ligthing/shadows changes in distance
moving/pop in out level of details
etc. etc. ect.
It should be enough if you look at the first 25 seconds and you see these characteristics everywhere. Of course you can still argue that this is only in-engine. But it is too obvious.
Well, real-time and in-engine is one thing, but whether it will look as good during gameplay is another story, no? We can't possibly determine that from that trailer?

I've been out after project "Nimble" for some time due to sorting out the new internet service as I'm in the 3rd floor at home, but got upgraded from non-solid 16Mbps download / 1Mbps upload to this.

awasr.jpg

Not sure about the ping, but not an issue now and will let the company check if it's normal due to the main HQ is ~1200km away. But I'm used to 150-180ms ping when playing in Euro severs, so won't bitch about it. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

In case someone wondering, no, I didn't secure a preorder yet. Seems like the didn't open preorders here to begin with, but won't panic.

39ba89ff50500fe12569bc99e529e4a1.gif
Is that fiber internet or 5G? Ping is ok but you need it much less than 10 for those battle royal garbage 🤣

How can anyone take those clowns seriously? They just eat that shit up in the comments lmao. That Blue guy is a MisterXMedia clone from 2013. Bunch of lunatics :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Official pricing in Oman:

IMG-20200918-WA0026.jpg

PS5: 215 Omani Rials ($559)
PS5DE: 170 OMR ($442)

Pretty nice, actually. Final prices indeed after imports, etc. No VAT here yet, government is still thinking about implementing 5%.
Yes, same as Saudi. We are little cheaper but VAT makes it close to 600. No Digital in Saudi. Not sure why.

Hmm, i See. So you are saying the cpu clock will just go down a few % to dish out the full potential thats predicted to be 10tf right? Just claryfing, im not that tech literate when it comes to the actual functioning of the specs. Would you have any prediction on clock for a full 10tf output?

Sort of. Yes. I would wager GPU clocks will be modulated by a few percent, more frequently, as its clockspeeds are so high.

Its a bit more complicated than that, but in essence, yes.

Last edited:

LucidFlux

After nearly an hour of spamming F5 last night I got one from Walmart, along with around a dozen others in my gaming circle. Seems like they'll just keep rolling out stock up till launch as expected. So it shouldn't be too hard to grab one if you keep your ear to the ground.

Now that the weight of preordering was lifted of my chest, I got caught up with the other news and turned my attention to some games being cross-gen and the respawn of some ancient FUD...

On the topic of SM:MM and H:FW being crossgen... I feel Sony was completely disingenuous with how those games have been presented to us as purely next gen experiences. That being said, what we've seen from them so far, especially SM:MM since we for sure can confirm we've seen gameplay, is still looking better than nearly everything else we've seen... except maybe Demon's Souls. If Sony's engines can scale visuals as well as UE5 will then at least on the visual technical side, the PS5 versions shouldn't be held back much if at all. With regards to gameplay direction (rip flying mounts maybe?), world design (but PS5 shouldn't have any issues with render distance and LODs if Decima was built for it) being cross-gen will certainly impose limitations but I think it will hurt Horizon more so than Spider-Man. Either way they still look great, and it's not a surprise that there will be some cross gen initially, I just hope that Sony is upfront and sets expectations accordingly for future titles.

About this nonsense about the PS5 clock speeds and what not... Why do people still listen to this garbage? I mean we all have eyes. We've all watched Cerny's presentation and now the proof is in the pudding with the gameplay we've seen. So whatever the fuck clocks the PS5 switches to throughout the time it renders a single frame doesn't matter when it's putting out visuals like this. Not to mention how people are spinning it just isn't how the smart shift works, but I digress.

At the end of the day some people like to play these odd games and rile up the masses to score points for their "side" when the rest of us just like to play... video games. 🤷‍♂️

Zzpaff

Congrats, but why the DE?
I'll buy the digital edition for comfort, I already have everything in digital and like with the remote control for the TV, the dishwasher and the washing machine. I can no longer go back behind and change discs, much less wait for them to arrive or go buy them, the price is no longer the reason, just a plus. to get to buy series x l would buy without disk, if Microsoft offers it to me.

jimbojim

Banned
LOL. Tweet deleted about PS5 profiles from Xbox Discord. Did someone made a screenshot?

So, when i asked about did someone made a screenshot of that FUD tweet from Xbox Discord...

Anyone wish to comment or shall we just put the whole power discussion behind us once and for all. 🤔

What would have put this shit to bed a Teardown Mark Cerny said would happen. 🤔

And.....Blue took it. Thank you, blue to be such an idiot to support false info and provide me a screenshot. You're awesome. At least some benefit from you.

sircaw sircaw

Do you have a room for another FUD update?

Oh, well :

Last edited:

TheGejsza

I see them not giving free update for Spider Man because people would just buy PS4 version and get free upgrade to PS5 and don't give a fuck about Miles Morales. But I fucking expected that if I have original PS4 Spider Man and buy Spider Man Miles Morales (normal edition) they would give me Spider Man remastered too.

• Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
I think giving free Spider Man (PS5) for the owners of PS4 version if they bought Spider Man Miles Morales(PS5) would be totally ok. 60euro SM MM + SM (PS4) via current PSN value would give them around the same amount of money as selling Ultimate Edition for PS5 so this would not be exploited in any way.

If they don't do it they will be greedy fuckers - they will hope that previous owners of PS4 edition would throw additional 20$/20euro to have full experiance but I bet not many player would buy again Spider Man on PS5 if they already have PS4 version. If they don't give original owners this kind of "offer" they will be assfuck greedy and anti-consumer. They gain will be minimal but will cost them a lot of reputation.

I don't like this new Sony...

These numbers are not true.

Power to clock frequency do not scale linearly, and in particular, the GPU and CPU scale very differently - the implied ratios suggest the same scaling, which doesn't make sense.

Thank you for emphasizing how ridiculous the claim is.
Yeap, this is my point, compared to what we have been told by cerny, these numbers are completely ridiculous and basically paint the picture of a completely different machine.

About your point in non-linearity, of course you are correct, the relation between the two is cubic. you might want to watch the video segment I attach below.

No it wouldn't mean these things.

If the profiles are real.. then those are modes you can test it... that's all that it means.
1. my math is good, and these are the percentages
2. if by "test" you mean "develop", then I agree

There is no "if this is true". Its patently false.

Saying shit like "If this is true [blah blah blah] disappointing" lends more credence to this abject horseshit than it deserves.

He specifically stated that modulating frequency by a few percent is enough to keep it within the targeted power envelope.

Which, if anyone has actually seen a voltage frequency curve, will know is fact.
Frequency increases near or over the top of h/w performance limit though really are useless for performance and only cause heat and consumption.
And we know that both cpu and gpu are clocked to their thermal limits, per cerny.

So, for all of you,
here is a part of the second playstation 5 article DF published, about 3 weeks after cerny presentation and after having talked to developers.
You will see that DF has been told by developers that they are throttling back the CPU in order to keep the sustained GPU clockspeed. And these are crossgen games we are talking about. In the written article that accompanies the video, it was noted that there are some questions on about how this will pan out as we enter development of nextgen games, where the reliance to worthless jaguar CPUs will be cut.

Furthermore, even if DF is silky smooth in what they are saying here, I have included in this video the part where they compare the performance difference of a 36 CU GPU @2.1 with another GPU that has only 4 CUs more, and runs at 200+Mhz less. Just 4 CUs were enough to overcompensate the big difference in clockspeed.
Also worth of notice is that Leadbetter specifically asked Cerny if there is limit of the lowest possible frequencies, and cerny did not answer.

Last edited:
So, when i asked about did someone made a screenshot of that FUD tweet from Xbox Discord...

And.....Blue took it. Thank you, blue to be such an idiot to support false info and provide me a screenshot. You're awesome. At least some benefit from you.

sircaw sircaw

Oh, well :

Funny part is that dev doesn’t event have any dev kits for either xsx or ps5 as he clarified in one of his messages 😂😂😂

ethomaz

Banned

sircaw sircaw

Oh, well :

PS5 retail and final Devkits won't use profiles... Cerny said in Eurogamer interview.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
PS5 won't use profiles... Cerny said in Eurogamer interview.
He said the devs have access to power profiles on DevKits to test code with locked frequencies.

The PS5 itself will never use those profiles to run games, games always run under the variable "workload based" frequencies.

Those profiles are probably fake.. but even if they are real, it doesn't mean that to "run the CPU at 3.5 the GPU would have to be 1.2" because that totally ignores the workload factor... it would just mean that there may be possible workloads where the CPU/GPU end up at those frequencies.. so you can force them to test.. but it all looks like BS and doesn't make a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Jim Ryan says Sony rejected the idea of a less powerful PS5 in the style of the Xbox Series S

FranXico

Jim Ryan says Sony rejected the idea of a less powerful PS5 in the style of the Xbox Series S

Crap. They are going to announce a PS5 Lite soon then.

TrippleA345

Well, real-time and in-engine is one thing, but whether it will look as good during gameplay is another story, no? We can't possibly determine that from that trailer?

You're right, we can't determine that from the trailer. Nevertheless we can determine if it was done with external tools or with the game engine. Ok, we don't need to answer that question. Pretty clear.
In-Engine or In-Game is of course much more difficult. As an example the turtle scene, looks phenomenal. Next-Gen graphics. You can argue about whether it looks like in-game or not. A difficult scene that does not help us. (I don't think it would surprise anyone if it looks like this in the game).
We have to look at other shots. Like the scenes where Aloy climbs over the sand stage or on the top of the mountain and looks into the distance (Timestamp 2:10-2:14). This looks very much like in-game shots. Also the shot at 1:37-1:40, where she is riding over the fields. Very very highly likely that this was an in-game shot from a different perspective.

If not, burn me. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

The right thing to do.

Maybe the MS ideia is in some years to make Xbox fans migrate from S to X.
Now if you have the PS5 you will be the whole generation with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom