• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
i very much doubt you will ever get the chance to fight me as i am sure there are certain checkpoints where you are safe from being invaded. I will still be at the fist boss dying over and over again, for the first 6 months after release.

"lollipop_disappointed:
If you never played a soulslike game, yes, you wil die a lot. General rule is that most situations aren't as hard as they looks, From tends to trick you to encourage lateral thinking (btw use of bows is exactly that, it will help againt bosses and other stuff).

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
According to MS, they aren't making that much profit from Gamepass, which is temporary for sure but still, feels like they are putting themself in a situation where multiplayer/microtransactions oriented games are just so much better to develop for that service, especially considering their installed base is shit compared to Sony's.
But hey, if those exclusives will be also big single player games with no pay walls and stuff, good for everyone. Right now, Gears 5 didn't convince me on that.
Edit: Halo isn't called exactly gaas, but they have a "ten years plan" for that game. Which basically means gaas. Not a bad thing by itself anyway, just that sometimes it really, really is.
They referenced the way MCC worked with that "10 year platform" thing. It's a single launcher for multiple games...

It's PROBABLY GAAS but I don't think it was a confirmation.

Obviously Sony sells their online services at higher rates anyways, and makes more money on subs lol. And maybe this $70 price tag is a part of why they don't want to touch day-one-subs with a 10 foot pool. I just think they could be wrong or eventually go that way.

sircaw

Banned
If you never played a soulslike game, yes, you wil die a lot. General rule is that most situations aren't as hard as they looks, From tends to trick you to encourage lateral thinking (btw use of bows is exactly that, it will help againt bosses and other stuff).

Its ok i have finished them all, but never got around to playing demon souls.

The only thing i read was there is no magic>? i want to stay away from any spoilers, did it with bloodborne and was one of the greatest experiences of gaming in my life, i want that again.

I have extreme hopes for demon souls.

Last edited:
They referenced the way MCC worked with that "10 year platform" thing. It's a single launcher for multiple games...

It's PROBABLY GAAS but I don't think it was a confirmation.

Obviously Sony sells their online services at higher rates anyways, and makes more money on subs lol. And maybe this $70 price tag is a part of why they don't want to touch day-one-subs with a 10 foot pool. I just think they could be wrong or eventually go that way.
I guess, maybe it's about more games.
If they can keep the installed base going on, I think they have no reason to put exclusives D1 on PS Now.
You first sell it at full price at your big user base and when the title slow down on sales you put it on PS Now and bam, double money. MS just lacks the power to do the first step.

The only thing i read was there is no magic>? i want to stay away from any spoilers, did it with bloodborne and was one of the greatest experiences of gaming in my life, i want that again.

Nah there's magic

It was cheese mode so only dirty newbs used it

So you want to know about magic or not? lol
Oh well I will put it here:
there is magic, the true difference is that there are no requirements to use it, you just equip spells and go

kyliethicc

The PS5 upgrade path for PS4 games rules/fine print from their site:

"Upgrade may be offered at no additional cost or for a fee and may be available for a limited time. If players have a PS4™ game on Blu-ray™ Disc, they will need to insert the PS4 game disc to see the upgrade path, download the PS5 version and keep the PS4™ game disc inserted each time they play the PS5™ version of the game. To upgrade eligible PS4 disc titles to digital PS5 versions, players need a PS5™ console with a disc drive."

All standard stuff that makes sense, what I expected.

Last edited:

Wait!? You've played and finished almost all the Souls series!? How long did that take you? Is this how you're pushing 50?

saintjules

I doubt it. Either way retailers make money and Sony still makes money. The only difference is, it would be a different group of people complaining about not getting to preorder. Got my preorder through Walmart as well.

Yeah I hear ya. Sometimes I like to think of the flipside. I mean, as a Business you have many that want to pre-order your product. I wouldn't want to miss taking advantage of getting the casuals in on your product as well for example. Get the most amount of money possible.

On Tuesday, Microsoft opens their pre-orders. People who are or have been on the fence on deciding which Console to get may get an Xbox if it's easier for them to get it versus PS5. I would have found more ways to extract that part of the Consumer base and make sure that PS5 was accessible to them, since last night. And now whatever choice the Consumer makes in November may very well stick to their purchase for the entire generation or add/switch things up halfway through. Maybe it doesn't matter - I just think of all the options in obtaining revenue that could be missed.

I don't really know the logistics behind the pre-orders, but it's a bit strange that Sony hasn't tried to revise a time frame on when people should focus their time and actually secure one - again, maybe they don't care and it's up to you to figure out and coordinate with a participating Retailer. You could tell a lot of things weren't shown on screen during the presentation because things were pending. Anyway, just thoughts.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Wait!? You've played and finished almost all the Souls series!? How long did that take you? Is this how you're pushing 50?

yep, um bloodborne i had around 150 hours in but yer the combat was super fun, tbh i just liked playing it for the feeling of it, it just felt so good, the lore and bosses were exceptional. Only boss i had issues was with the defiled amagadala thing, in the chalice dungeons, the character i had had not a lot of hit points and that thing kept on 1 shotting me. It took me a week of tries, maybe 60, of constant dying, i even had a 1% death after 30 tries before i killed it, the rest of the game was fine.

most of the bosses were ok, i had a problem with father gasgoine for a while, orphan was ok, err, the jumping horse killed me 3-imes but was super fun fight

As for the dark souls game, i bought the remastered dark souls one, i had some issues with ornstein and smough died 10 times there before i figured it out. Rest was pretty easy except for a big black/brown dragon that kept killing me in the dlc, he was after some night i killed, cool fight can not remember its name.

Dark souls 2 umm, the only fight that i really struggled with was something called fume night, rest was ok,

Dark souls 3 umm, humm the dancer was tough, took about 15 goes but i did kill her with just a bow lol.

And the last boss of the main game soul of cinder i think he was, i died about 10 times there,

I did play Nioh but stopped i think after killing the spider, just hated the loot system and the game has some annoying stupid deaths like falling into water.

And stuff you i am not 50, i am 49,

i did come from a high raiding guild when i played wow, doing hard modes so maybe i had some experience instead of people completely fresh.

and did play quake2 at its highest level when i was young.

So i think i was perhaps 47, maybe 48 when i played my first dark souls kinda game.

Last edited:

Alex Scott

PHONIE MATT TO THE RESCUE :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Really funny how he has seen a game on xbox, as he was certifying to people a little while ago that SERIES S DOES NOT EXIST :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
I have said many times already, for those of you that take such PHONIES as sources, around the corner only disappointment awaits for you.
Even our resident goldfish, sircaw sircaw has better memory than some people :messenger_squinting_tongue::messenger_heart:
Maybe he meant the XSS devkit doesn't exist. There is a profile for XSS on XSX devit but no actual XSS devkit.
There could be one now though.

kyliethicc

I can see Sony putting more old PS123 games on PS Now and mayybe even letting players download them and play them.

But I doubt, highly highly doubt, that the PS5 will ever accept old PS123 discs and allow users to play the games they already own.

They'll lock it behind PS Now.

3liteDragon

Goodluck paying for AAA with gamepass. It will be like netflix.
Sony games are blockbusters.
After the July Xbox showcase.

nYmPFcN.jpg

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I can see Sony putting more old PS123 games on PS Now and mayybe even letting players download them and play them.

But I doubt, highly highly doubt, that the PS5 will ever accept old PS123 discs and allow users to play the games they already own.

They'll lock it behind PS Now.
I've been playing ps2 games on my ps4 for a couple weeks between destroy all humans and gta 3. Already seems to work fine

Maybe he meant the XSS devkit doesn't exist. There is a profile for XSS on XSX devit but no actual XSS devkit.
Please, do not quote me on this thread for stupid things.

Everyone that has an IQ of over 85 should be able to understand just by looking at this screenshot
IF this is a "rare case developer that has access to both systems", or even a guy with *at least some* information,
OR just some poor lying fanboy bitch parroting ps-favorite rumors:
matt-clown3.jpg

What is even worse, is that that site sponsors him by offering him "credibility"

Last edited:

kyliethicc

I've been playing ps2 games on my ps4 for a couple weeks between destroy all humans and gta 3. Already seems to work fine
Yeah those are those special "PSN games" they did for like 15 PS2 games, right?

or are you using PS Now?

And I wonder if those games like GTA 3 will run on PS5. I doubt it.

Does the shark realize that Matt was one of the principle software engineers on PS5? Calling him a "phonie" seems a bit of a stretch. Dude probably has connections in ways his arrogant mind can't understand without first talking down to him.

Dolomite

If the AD PS5 hits $350 by 2021 I'm grabbing one just for Demon soul
Hey, look who just began to play games on current gen...

Or is just plain ignoring what Sony have been doing since the fist generation transition.
....whom?
I used to play on the fat grey PS1 with no analog or rumble. I've been around long enough to spot the trends and smell the BS

yep, um bloodborne i had around 150 hours in but yer the combat was super fun, tbh i just liked playing it for the feeling of it, it just felt so good, the lore and bosses were exceptional. Only boss i had issues was with the defiled amagadala thing, in the chalice dungeons, the character i had had not a lot of hit points and that thing kept on 1 shotting me. It took me a week of tries, maybe 60, of constant dying, i even had a 1% death after 30 tries before i killed it, the rest of the game was fine.

most of the bosses were ok, i had a problem with father gasgoine for a while, orphan was ok, err, the jumping horse killed me 3-imes but was super fun fight

As for the dark souls game, i bought the remastered dark souls one, i had some issues with ornstein and smough died 10 times there before i figured it out. Rest was pretty easy except for a big black/brown dragon that kept killing me in the dlc, he was after some night i killed, cool fight can not remember its name.

Dark souls 2 umm, the only fight that i really struggled with was something called fume night, rest was ok,

Dark souls 3 umm, humm the dancer was tough, took about 15 goes but i did kill her with just a bow lol.

And the last boss of the main game soul of cinder i think he was, i died about 10 times there,

I did play Nioh but stopped i think after killing the spider, just hated the loot system and the game has some annoying stupid deaths like falling into water.

And stuff you i am not 50, i am 49,

i did come from a high raiding guild when i played wow, doing hard modes so maybe i had some experience instead of people completely fresh.

and did play quake2 at its highest level when i was young.

So i think i was perhaps 47, maybe 48 when i played my first dark souls kinda game.
Bloodborne is game of the generation. I'm gonna have to turn on my PS4 (which I haven't in ages) and check my total hours.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I mean that the administration of that site offers him fake credibility. Think about that. If you can.
Your evidence is far from proof he's overall a "fake." He got the existence of Xbox Series S wrong; we really have no clue what that means as far as his overall credibility.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Bloodborne is game of the generation. I'm gonna have to turn on my PS4 (which I haven't in ages) and check my total hours.

It is a thing of rare beauty, if the ps5 gets a patch for it, i will jump back in and have another go.

I pray one day we get a bloodborne 2, the world needs its magic, my fear is we never will.

I think demon souls will be fantastic, its a looker and judging by what i have seen it is perfect.

But i say this with Respect, it's not bloodborne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom