• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
They most certainly can sell them at a higher price but they choose not to.

You can't say they anticipate low demand then also say they have a volume they want to reach.

If they didn't expect the product to sell then why would they cut the price in order to move more units when the rest of the market isn't doing so? Cyberpunk 2077 is also on sale. Is that expected to do poor?
EgXkn_vX0AcJg0i.jpg

I think Farcry 6 is priced that way because they are not selling the Series X version.

What I mean by this is that Farcry 6 on Xbox is being priced the same as last gen games same goes for the PS4 version. The PS5 version is being priced 10$ higher.

Now what I don't understand is why they don't sell just one PlayStation version like the Xbox version and just patch it to the PS5 version?

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
EgXkn_vX0AcJg0i.jpg

I think Farcry 6 is priced that way because they are not selling the Series X version.

What I mean by this is that Farcry 6 on Xbox is being priced the same as last gen games same goes for the PS4 version. The PS5 version is being priced 10$ higher.

Now what I don't understand is why they don't sell just one PlayStation version like the Xbox version and just patch it to the PS5 version?

Who's they? Activision?

Hey guys do we know about an event of Xbox where they can show us a game with impressive graphics running
in XSX?

I mean is okay if Xbox continue with the Gamepass I am not the market for that kind of services but man show me
a AAA running in your machine, the closest release we have is what Halo Infinite ?

Medium and Scorn are decent but are not mind blowing if Sony can do Spiderman have good details next gen
also they should be.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I mean Ubisoft. Call of Duty was just an example on how games can be priced the same on both platforms.

Having one SKU isn't on the publisher to my knowledge. That would be on the platform holder. Microsoft allows publishers to have one SKU be activated as one license across devices while Sony does not.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
EgXkn_vX0AcJg0i.jpg

The confusion box either has low res assets for XSX, or you need to download the rest. Here is the PS4 version as well, upgradeable to PS5.

hhhhhh.jpg

FUDers well keep the good FUD coming.

2Os5.gif

Mr Moose

Weird, they are all £51.99 on Amazon UK for Watch_Doges

And on Ubisofts store.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Sinthor

Gold Member
Last call, 5 minute warning, good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor

OMG! The Walmart site is broken! I have that Sony email/invite for tomorrow but thought I'd go look. Can't even get to walmart.com!

Edit: Ok, finally go thru, bu they are getting HAMMERED. Links are taking up to a minute to open!

Edit Again- Ok- as of about 6:06PM PST, they appear to be sold out. WTF? Did they have like only 50? This is really a clusterfuck, folks.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Seemingly a simple case of retailers trying to gouge during a hot product crescendo. Prices will stabilise, discounts will hit, things will be normal. We will all rejoice.
People should just get it from the Ubisoft store and use some of their Ubi points for money off. (Watch_Doges is cheaper on Amazon than Ubistore but Far Cry should be cheaper with the discount).
All versions except PC are the same price.

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
Sold out in less than 1 minute. Fuck

Seriously...can't be THAT much traffic. Wonder if this is a marketing ploy to make people desperate and they're only giving out like 50 at a time? I'm serious...maybe THAT's why Sony's invitation is for TOMORROW? Make all those "invited" folk feel REALLY special and then pre-orders seriously commence on Monday perhaps?

Worth thinking about. Dive down the rabbit hole with me....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom