• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mriverz

Since everyone is a inside source or knows a friend that phones a friend. I had a dream of the ps5 specs. Take it with a grin of salt. Or sea salt if thats your fancy.

12.5-12.9tfs
3.2ghz
22gb of hbm2

As said my inside source dream could be wrong. But if i see this on any youtube channel ima need credit 🤣🤣

Last edited:

R600

Banned
Klee was one of the first to "confirm" the 12TF even before the bingo. In fact, he said it's slightly above 12 Navi TF. He also correctly hinted that the XsX would be shown at the TGA's so please stop this nonsense.

His info actually matches a lot of what Osiris had been saying:
- both more powerful than 5700XT
- both more than 10TF
- XsX is slitghly above 12TF Navi (12.1)
- both are very very close
- PS5 has slight edge
- PS5 has the faster SSD
No he didnt. He said so before bingo, but know what else was before bingo? TGA and even before, Windows central leak. And he said 12TF after that.

Where did he hint XSX will be shown at TGA exactly? Show me, because what I saw cannot be hint for XSX showing at all.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
giphy.gif

source.gif

source.gif

blackfriday.jpg

Hey people! This thread generates by far the most amount of reports on the entire site. We've removed several people from the thread already who were clearly trouble makers or just wanted to fan the flames of fiery debates. Of course this number is very small, and the thread is pretty informative and - for the most part - held in good spirits. This is a time of great excitement for us all. New consoles coming this year, new games and hopefully new IP's. There will always be arm punching and ear flicking about which console is more powerful, has the best games and best features and so forth. It's part of the culture, and though at times everyone is prone to snapping when a particulary barbed comment catches you on a bad day, we expect most people just move past it after having their reaction.

We aren't really in the habit of 'rebooting' threads or closing them, nor do we take people out of them lightly. At the end of the day, it's a really big decision as it effectvely stops participation and that's something we definitely do not want to stifle or control unless absolutely necessary. Especially now when all the juicy information and announcements enter the home straight. So just a few guiding principles going forward

• Expect to be lightly ribbed and have a more carefree attitude to the 'power debate'
  • If you're doing the 'ribbing', use a little self awareness of when someone has had enough or when persistence becomes a bit much. There's a fine line between good natured fun poking, and vindictive dressing downs to gather onlookers and inflate ego's
  • By far the biggest issue we have is people coming in and speaking from a position of authority, by being really vague. It's straight from the 'games journalism by twitter' playbook. Please do not do this. We're happy for you to share your opinions that might be based on facts. But we don't need the elaborate backstories. We will always welcome people from the industry with genuine insight, but it's no longer 2003 and some people prefer their privacy and anonymity. Statements like 'I know the (x) is more powerful than the (Z) because my uncle working at Reflections has both devkits' has no real credibility unless it is vetted. People are thirsty for information, and trying to titillate them without any real commitment to payoff is just frustrating. There's not even a ruined orgasm to finish on.

Last edited:

Niked

It seems we are getting close to +12tf - - >+13tf territory. This will be awesome for both machines. This close power wise, it will come down to awesome exclusives (real exclusive, not release in pc bullshit) and innovation like, cool new 3D audio, tectile dualshock controller, Psvr 2 and other suprise innovations from both teams. All this with awesome graphics and now awesome sound and feel!!
Lets think about a new Catherine game with the dualshock controller that you can feel stuff with och Psvr 2... Mmmm
Hype 🔥

Last edited:

Gudji

No he didnt. He said so before bingo, but know what else was before bingo? TGA and even before, Windows central leak. And he said 12TF after that.

Where did he hint XSX will be shown at TGA exactly? Show me, because what I saw cannot be hint for XSX showing at all.

He hinted in the same day something big was coming and that was before all the xbox guys started to do so on twitter. At least get your facts right before talking shit.

SgtCaffran

I haven't found the XsX TGA teaser yet because his profile is not active due to the ban.

Gudji

I haven't found the XsX TGA teaser yet because his profile is not active due to the ban.

Here:

Also, I am still lurking so I may post here and there.

To be clear, no one pushed me away so don’t go pointing fingers. It’s not like that.

The information I still have can’t be said so I am passing the baton over to whoever is willing to leak it or the official reveals, whichever comes first.

I will say that today is the perfect day for me to bounce, and there’s a reason for that.

Who knows, if you still want to talk maybe it might be time for y’all to give Stadia more objectivity because I will still be active in that thread Bwaahahahaha!

At any rate, stay safe and don’t forget to love each other and be good to each other:)

Bye

that was a day before TGA so December 12th?he said one of them be revealed very soon and few pages later someone posted a pic scarlett johanson and he said yes with thumbs up or something like that

llien

yeah, im 50-50 on this whole github leak. its possible if sony is going with $399 but i just dont see it.

• Schrier back in march said that both consoles were aiming to beat stadia's 10.7 tflops number. at that point, no one knew about navi not being gcn.
  • then colin and reiner came out at e3 and said the devs at e3 told them ps5 was more powerful. at this point, the 12 tflops rumors for the anaconda were already out.
  • then klee said both consoles were more powerful than the 5700xt and were aiming for double digit tflops. and ps5 was slightly more powerful.
  • then finally jason said both consoles were more powerful than the rtx 2080 which an 8 or even 9 tflops console simply cannot be. 12 definitely more powerful than the rtx 2080.
so you have the github leaks and penello pointing to 8-9 tflops, and on the other hands multiple devs in the industry saying something completely different to four different journalists.

2080 is 10-15%-is faster than 5700XT in TPU charts (with lots of green games). So with ideal scaling, 11 RDNA TF is enough for "faster than 2080" claim.

If it was a real source it would be about CU, clock frequency and tech specs not exact TF numbers without any of that .. it’s not like you boot up the box and it says this box is 12.4 TF!!!

He is just making stuff up or playing the marketing game.
Especially that both MS and Sony arnt using Tflops as a measure anymore. They are more likely to talk about other points.

My money is Lockhart being a handheld device.

Sony and Microsoft have copied successful ideas for generations. To not want to copy Nintendo, who have released a handheld that has sold 27 million!! To not want a piece of that pie, while also launching streaming options, is fucking mental.

Sony and Microsoft have copied successful ideas for generations. To not want to copy Nintendo, who have released a handheld that has sold 27 million!! To not want a piece of that pie, while also launching streaming options, is fucking mental.
U don’t have to bet your money on a known quantity. Series s is a digital only 1080 p next gen device at around 4 TF. No handheld can sniff 4 Navi TF 😂

Nothing is known.

If what you say is true, then why aren't we seeing an Xbox handheld or a PSP3/Vita2?
Sorry I m missing your point probably? To answer this question: because they don’t exist ? Xbox is not doing a handheld and ps is not doing a handheld (for time being )
With xcloud , doing a handheld hardware is redundant from a software and service provider company(MS).even Sony said we have no interest in handheld at the moment

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Because you would have to be mental to release a handheld now.

Look Sony is on fire, they can’t be touched. But even Sony couldnt sent the almighty Nintendo when it comes to handheld stuff. The 3ds was vastly underrated powered and it won the world. The switch? It’s vastly underpowered but it’s not stopping.

you just don’t fuck with Nintendo when it comes to handhelds man...

Gudji

I'd be down for some sort of handheld device that I could use at home without the need of having TV/Monitor on.
I've been thinking about getting a switch but my problem is there's not enought 3rd party games on it due to how underpowered it is.

Ahh i decided to take a look at this one, didn't find it to be much of a troll so decided I'd give it an answer. Nobody from xbox ever told me that Zen would be in Xbox One X, and I've never said any such thing. I simply asked people who had a direct hand in designing xbox one x directly about the possibility of zen being in xbox one x, and based on the response I got and reading their reaction (basically trying to read between the lines) the strong impression I got was that they were clearly doing something with zen at the moment.

That said, remember as early as back then it was made clear that xbox was already working on the next thing after xbox one x, so perhaps the reaction I felt I got from the question on zen and xbox one x was one that I, on my own, in my excitement wrongly applied to xbox one x, when in reality the individuals I spoke to were likely hinting about projects much further out. It was always presented as my own speculation, and not some insider information guarantee that zen would be in xbox one x. I also regularly stressed where I got the belief from. This isn't the first time people have heard me mention that xbox fanfest story. What some of the usual suspects are looking to do to fit with their current agenda is pass it off as if I was stating I was some kind of insider and never made clear that where I got my suspicions on Zen in xbox one x from was from a convo with people who worked on the system at xbox fanfest at E3. It was never from some mysterious source with me stating i'm some insider. Me stating confidently that there was no xbox one gpu downclock, that was a different matter altogether. That was directly backed up information and not just me speculating in which I could prove with a first party xbox source telling me flat out it was a lie, something I believe I explained in full to a mod on here at the time. Can't remember who. And you're right, they would never divulge any such information about upcoming products to fans, but there are times when they correct the record. The GPU downclock thing that had caught fire was one such instance. So, yea, wanted to address that one.

Also saw another totally inaccurate statement where I said for sure that durango would be more powerful. I said no such thing outside of speculation (most thought xbox would be stronger) before facts were known, and if anyone can find otherwise please share it with me. I simply stated I believed strongly that when devs utilized the esram the system would benefit from it and not be as bandwidth starved or as weak compared to ps4 as some were suggesting. Many took it to mean I was saying that it was stronger than PS4 or would equal ps4. Nope, I only just said it would be competitive and be able to produce unbelievable looking games also, because people were really acting like the thing was weak. Weaker than ps4, yes, but not weak for a console releasing then. And with that, back to Neo and the Matrix.

Nope, you got that wrong. That was me hoping and speculating, even though I knew it was very unlikely for a mid-gen refresh based on talking to someone at xbox fanfest that didn't immediately shoot down the idea which made me suspect it was a strong possibility. But perhaps the idea wasn't shot down because they already knew they were hard at work on the next thing after.

So yea, go die on that hill if you want. That was just me being excited and hoping for an unrealistic option against the more likely scenario of them sticking with jaguar. Even then what i was going off of then (speaking to actual people involved in designing xbox one x) was far more than what many of you here are choosing to go off of by believing what Klee and some others have said over a very credible looking leak right out of AMD with major employees specifically signing off on designs listed as full or complete or whatever term was used.

Stop lying! You tried to convince here everybody that X1X will have a Zen CPU 3 years ago. Even Matt warned you, you didn't quit. You never even thought that X1X will have a Jaguar CPU.

Here we go with this bullshit. Nothing I've said warrants a perm ban, but should something so ridiculous occur the reason will be obvious. I heard strong indications at E3 2016 that it would be a Zen CPU. Not taking back what I said, nor will I apologize for any of it. If my being permanently banned satisfies some, well then I suppose that's the price you pay for being excited about scorpio? Whatever lol

Scorpio will have a Zen CPU. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I doubt it. It won't kill me if it doesn't. But I don't equate the messaging from that reveal video to mean "hey guys, so we went with a Jaguar CPU."

Even X1X with Navi and beyond....Bank on it

Dude, it's a Vega GPU with some Navi, and even beyond that, enhancements. Bank on it.

This is to me the hilarious part. After Digital Foundry made a revealed a specs video for X1X a.k.a Scorpio confirming Jaguar CPU, Polaris GPU... :

Hey, Scorpio looks like it may deliver beyond my expectations. If those results DF saw hold, it's an absolute beast in every sense of the word.

But then Matt's funny reply :

Well...your expectations were Vega and Zen, so no, it's not on that level.

But it is a nice and strong piece of kit.

Last edited:

Mriverz

I'd be down for some sort of handheld device that I could use at home without the need of having TV/Monitor on.
I've been thinking about getting a switch but my problem is there's not enought 3rd party games on it due to how underpowered it is.

Dont let that power stuff deter you. The switch is amazing + nes/snes games

Last edited:
I am expecting XSX to be more powerful. However I have noticed that since X1X released, there is a ton of commentary like 'can't wait to play this on my X1X'. It's a bit cringey, and for that reason alone, I wouldn't mind seeing Sony take the edge.

But again, I expect XSX to take the power crown this time around.
Right, because Sony fans are so humble. If the ps5 is more powerful the amount of posts about power will be about 100x more than the posts if the Xbox is more powerful. As far as that Osirisblack fellow after posting everything wrong about Ps4pro and Xbox one x I don’t even care what he writes, he is just another random forum poster in my book.

I'll be honest I just want Sony to drop some serious megatons like they did at the 2013 PSM.

We had so many fake insiders claiming that MS had it in the bag, they were the power leader, all the devs were extremely excited about Durango but disappointed with what Sony had to show, etc...and then Sony showed up and dropped 8GB GDDR5 bombs. I am hoping we get another one of those moments when PS5 is revealed.

This time, there's no "eSRAM specual sauce" nonsense for the system warriors to cling to when their console is revealed to be weaker.
Aren’t you like one of the worst system warriors in any forum? Basically every list of yours in the last 10 years or so has been Sony rules, Ms sucks, so someone like you calling other people system warriors is hilarious.

CJY

Banned
Right, because Sony fans are so humble. If the ps5 is more powerful the amount of posts about power will be about 100x more than the posts if the Xbox is more powerful. As far as that Osirisblack fellow after posting everything wrong about Ps4pro and Xbox one x I don’t even care what he writes, he is just another random forum poster in my book.
There are about 100X more posts about Xbox supposedly being more powerful before we know anything. You expect PS fans to just sit idly by in silence if PS ends up being more powerful?

That's what happened this gen too. Xbois ate so much salty crow.

For the record, I believe there is no chance MS will let PS have the TFlop crown this round. Xbox will be equal or more powerful. It'll be a Pyrrhic victory though cos TFlops don't mean jack shit to anybody, even if one believes they mean everything.

xool

I assume you're referring to Github.

Github is real and PS5 is getting dual GPUs. I'm confident about this, but I can't share any information. Just trust me. I'll sit back and wait for your reactions. Also my other buddies think the same thing and may or may not be my source.

Can you remember the mod message one page back ?

Just stop.

• By far the biggest issue we have is people coming in and speaking from a position of authority, by being really vague. It's straight from the 'games journalism by twitter' playbook. Please do not do this. We're happy for you to share your opinions that might be based on facts. But we don't need the elaborate backstories. We will always welcome people from the industry with genuine insight, but it's no longer 2003 and some people prefer their privacy and anonymity. Statements like 'I know the (x) is more powerful than the (y) because my uncle working at Reflections has both devkits' has no real credibility unless it is vetted. People are thirsty for information, and trying to titillate them without any real commitment to payoff is just frustrating. There's not even a ruined orgasm to finish on.

Last edited:
There are about 100X more posts about Xbox supposedly being more powerful before we know anything. You expect PS fans to just sit idly by in silence if PS ends up being more powerful?

That's what happened this gen too. Xbois ate so much salty crow.

For the record, I believe there is no chance MS will let PS have the TFlop crown this round. Xbox will be equal or more powerful. It'll be a Pyrrhic victory though cos TFlops don't mean jack shit to anybody, even if one believes they mean everything.
Not really. In every forum , here, in era e.t.c, each page in such threads is 9 Sony fans, one Xbox fan. You are just being offended by the few posts of the few Xbox fans that are actually in such threads, because most don’t even participate cause they are tired of dealing with the Sony mob, because you want everyone to praise Sony. Anyway I believe all the «insiders» are hilarious pretending to know everything.

Maybe you're right, I don't know. All I know is that the "playing on my X1X" stuff seems to pop up fairly often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom