• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatSu

304405655096211.png

assurdum

Banned
Codemasters. For one there was a big technology theft from codemasters to playground games, hence why dirt 5 looks worse than Colin McRae dirt 2/ grid 2.. and at the same time for a horizon games have looked very similar to grid 2 and dirt 2... 🤣 Ms money bought those creative guys in codemasters the same way they are currently buying from naughty dog and so on.
Wut? It's not even remotely comparable to Konami.

saintjules

Ok guys, last message before sleeping as I finally reached the final page:

This is a very entertaining journey I'm having here, and hope all of us feel the same. Fanboyism aside, we teaming up as faithful peasants against the PC master race BS is one of the funniest moments :messenger_tears_of_joy: . Contributing even a little here and there has been a major joy in this irritating time of waiting.

It's been so tough to catch up and reach the last page, tried my best to enjoy the very knowledgeable posts to the hilariously biased ones. Feeling at home already and having 1240+ likes/reactions within my early 16 days, thanks to all of you guys "pie_tears_joy: More than sure I'll wake up and see like 10+ pages and me being clueless about if something major happened.

giphy.gif

Note: Still, I'm not gonna buy an Xbox :messenger_relieved:. I found a Sony touch screen media system that I will put on my Nissan Patrol, and change the speakers to Sony as well. Using Sony phones since 2005 and gonna get Xperia 1ii or 10ii next, having Sony TV and getting another later and should buy Sony alpha camera. And the ultimate fanboy wet dream is owning this::messenger_sunglasses:

SNAP-ad5bbc1a-5ba7-499c-9026-3b7479bd3f54.jpg

Have you changed your mind about the Xbox? 😊😂

Perhaps you should wait for the 120fps @8k version?

Don’t want to spoil your experience after skipping 30 years of some of the most influential games around ...

Was never interested in FF games back during OG ps days, it wasn't until the remake that I got the interest to try it out. Wasn't into turn based combat which the original had. Tried the demo on PS4 and it ran just fine at 30, but after experiencing a plethora of 60fps games on PS5, just prefer the higher frame rate fluidity!

SSfox

I don't mind delays, we are talking about big games being made in a super unique weird period (Cocovivid), anybody who worked on something in his life can relate, but some need to stop giving release dates until they sure about the release date.

PSX

I like what MS does to new Halo but can anyone explain why this is here? is this supposed to be birds?

jpNbB8K.jpeg

You can check the official link here for yourself

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So how did everyone like that GoW game reveal, eh? Sorry, sorry...just had to go there. Everyone ripping on people like @HeisenbergFX4 needs to chill and go play with their video games or something. People that hear things, even insiders, just aren't gonna be right all the time. In fact, I'm sure there's tons of WRONG information intentionally circulated just to throw leaks off the real track.

If all you babies would rather that people who hear things DON'T share them instead....so they don't have to put up with you crying and whining at them if they're not 100% correct....well just don't pay attention then. I for one would rather people share what they know (as within reason) and risk being 'wrong' here and there. I mean, sheesh. We're in a GD SPECULATION thread for Pete's sake. So.......that's what it's for! Grow up and leave people alone. Better yet, don't start getting all emotionally invested in things you WANT to believe to the point where you are sad or angry if those things don't happen. Life's full of enough fucking stress as it is without you finding new ways to torture yourself. Just chill and enjoy the games or something. Damn!

/rant off

You also had not only Barlog's (starting to get annoying) teasing, as well as Roger Clark's (who is rumored to voice Thor) teasing around the same time dropping tweets about the SoP as well. Maybe things changed, or maybe they are starting to try to slowly get people rumbling (which they don't need to do with the PS brand, let's be honest here), but I can't blame people with all of those perceived flags.

With that said, Sony has been running on the same script for the past few years now. They never unload surprise bangers in SoP so far, nor do they allow future games to overshadow ones that are coming right around the corner. Once those release, within weeks they work on the next. Returnal, then the they may show another HFW tease, then deeper dive into R&C, then maybe a GoW tease again (possibly in a E3 like showcase), then deeper into HFW before release, and so on and so on.

We should be used to this by now... but we aren't for some reason.

Last edited:
If that is true, i'll go back to platinum it. I hope you can import your save state though.
It was shown in the gameplay trailer yesterday alongside the visual enhancements, it’s a free upgrade for everyone who owns the PS4 version and yes, saves can be crossed over to the ps5. Also in case you guys are interested in the numbers, the ps5 according to the loading screen comparison shown yesterday is 21x faster.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
If they want to take extra time, move it to PS5 only, and take advantage of extra resources there for things not possible on PS4, flying mounts for example, then be my guest. Cross gen sucks.
If they are having trouble finishing the game designed as cross-gen, they aren't going to whip out next-gen only gameplay features and levels designed around it during a delay.

The alternative to cross-gen is games largely forced onto next-gen that didn't need to be, not games that are somehow taking full advantage of hardware that didn't exist when the game was being designed..

Sequels are based on the past games code-base, and if they aren't, they take half a decade or more to make.

With games taking longer and longer to make, with expectations of them being bigger and bigger.. with more and more content.. this is just how it's gonna be.

You guys really want near-launch QTE filled 6 hour SP games or something?

Last edited:

ksdixon

Sony just can't help fucking up under Jim Ryan, can they?

They take what should be an absolute slam dunk (FF7R free PS5 upgrade announced at conference), and they seek to be sneaky in their fineprint and cause more bad press to fall into their lap later down the line.

Can you just imagine how many people are going to get stung and caught-out out by this loophole?

IntentionalPun

They take what should be an absolute slam dunk (FF7R free PS5 upgrade announced at conference), and they seek to be sneaky in their fineprint and cause more bad press to fall into their lap later down the line.

Can you just imagine how many people are going to get stung and caught-out out by this loophole?
Getting a game for "free" is getting "Stung"?

The paid upgrade is the entire point of making it free lol

Many games go on "free" sub things because something paid is coming soon like a DLC; this is no different. (or if a sequel is on the way)

* free in quotes, since.. you know what I mean

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Sequels are based on the past games code-base, and if they aren't, they take half a decade or more to make.
Horizon Zero Dawn - 2017
Horizon Forbidden West - 2022
5 years. Thats half a decade.

Seems like it still took them 5 years to make this sequel. I'd argue that time wouldve better spent designing a game on the PS5 from the ground up.

If these studios arent large enough to get sequels out in 3 years then thats on Sony. Ubisoft and Activision put out far bigger franchises on a consistent basis. Sony is still running these studios like a mom and pop shop. 300 isnt enough anymore. You have to have 1000 man studios for these big games.

Sony has never been more profitable. It's time for them to put those profits to get games out quicker. They have shutdown 9 studios in the last ten years, and no matter how much they say they are hiring for their existing studios, its clearly not enough. GoW took five years. Days Gone took 8 years. Ghost of Tsushima took 6 years. Dreams took 8 years.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

There is no PS5 upgrade at this time, when it is released, the PS4 version won't be on PS+.
It's not even fineprint, it says right on the page there won't be a free upgrade from the PS+ version.
Please note the PS4 version of Final Fantasy VII Remake available to PlayStation Plus members is not eligible for the PS5 digital version upgrade.

ksdixon

If they are having trouble finishing the game designed as cross-gen, they aren't going to whip out next-gen only gameplay features and levels designed around it during a delay.

The alternative to cross-gen is games largely forced onto next-gen that didn't need to be, not games that are somehow taking full advantage of hardware that didn't exist when the game was being designed..

With games taking longer and longer to make, with expectations of them being bigger and bigger.. with more and more content.. this is just how it's gonna be.

You guys really want near-launch QTE filled 6 hour SP games or something?
Certainly more straight talk is needed.
Not killing PS1-2-3 BC hopes stone dead with ''We believe in generations'' talk, and then almost everything is shown to be PS4 | PS5. Not offering a free upgrade for a game, offering said game on PS+, but carving-out the cravet that if you got in on PS+ you can't get the free upgrade. Absolutely snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, twice, and making bad PR for themselves down the line where there is Zero need for any.

Comparing PS5's handling to PS4's, you'd think the new management were drunk or retarded. It's only because MS are still doing so much worse in their own mistakes (still not focusing on new games, the Series S baseline specs pulling everything down to it's level etc.) that PS5 team's mistakes aren't talked about more.

Interfectum

I agree. A surefire PR win slapped with splitting hairs and an accountant level decision.

IntentionalPun

Seems like it still took them 5 years to make this sequel. I'd argue that time wouldve better spent designing a game on the PS5 from the ground up.

PS5 didn't exist in 2017.

But yes.. even with a past codebase, sequels often take an enormous amount of time themselves regardless.

But again, PS5 didn't exist in 2017.. you guys have way too high of expectations for what can be designed and built around next-gen tech so quickly.

IntentionalPun

Certainly more straight talk is needed.
Not killing PS1-2-3 BC hopes stone dead with ''We believe in generations'' talk, and then almost everything is shown to be PS4 | PS5. Not offering a free upgrade for a game, offering said game on PS+, but carving-out the cravet that if you got in on PS+ you can't get the free upgrade. Absolutely snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, twice, and making bad PR for themselves down the line where there is Zero need for any.

Comparing PS5's handling to PS4's, you'd think the new management were drunk or retarded. It's only because MS are still doing so much worse in their own mistakes (still not focusing on new games, the Series S baseline specs pulling everything down to it's level etc.) that PS5 team's mistakes aren't talked about more.
Yeah they've been bullshitting.

But TBH, I don't know why anyone thinks Sony ever stopped bullshitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom