• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Gray market was caught with their pants down with the official price. Someone said that retailers in Paraguai are charging $1400 right now.

Yep, that's dollars...

source.gif

Dargor

GPU Jungle lyrics

Look at the light, it falls just right, My shadows they please,
beneath the trees. But none of these things, happen for free,
Yeah all that you see, rendered by me.

I synthesize and rasterize immaterial things that I fabricate for you. For you.
Yes I tessellate and animate these dancing sprites and sun-lit skies for you.

I do it for you. I'm your GPU. GPU.
Tell me what to do and I'll do it for you. GPU.
Tell me what to do and I'll do it for you.

You've never wondered why,
I catch your eye, It's coz you overlook, all the choices I took.
I spend all of my time, deceiving and misleading you,
I like to surprise, with my virtual lies.

I synthesize and rasterize immaterial things that I fabricate for you.
For you. Yes I tessellate and animate these dancing sprites and sun-lit skies for you.
I do it for you. I'm your GPU.

This is a free game! well done Sony! 🤟

tenor.gif

wow, that took a dark turn for a moment there :messenger_fearful:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
not true. that was Alex. John destroyed everything about it. you can watch it again. its their reaction to the xsx reveal, not the halo video. For one hour, they mocked, laughed and eviscerated Microsoft.

I've watched the whole thing. They nearly blew their brains from how hard they're holding themselves not to go full rant. And they're not some kinda gods that we need to follow their lead, they're very late in schedule and VGTech and even smaller channels are showing the goods much better. NXGamer made a good job as well.

Emmy

Neo Member
Seriously, I cannot imagine a more meaningless activity than comparing games from Ubisoft on next-gen (or any gen) consoles... Ubisoft, a giant videogame factory, they're like a conveyor belt, their games are getting worse and worse every year, and not only from a technical point of view. Expecting even the slightest technical skill from them is kinda unthinkable. Their workflow simply does not allow games that work as well as possible on all platforms, especially fixed ones. No. But developer's mistakes will always be more exposed on closed hardware, where you cannot just throw game code on it and expect everything to work flawlessly. A big amount of work needs to be done.
It's even more pointless to make loud statements about console hardware based on how certain multiplatform games are performing on it. Not all game devs have the luxury to properly use just one gaming platform. Quality will be left on the table. However, the consoles are unlikely to be to blame for this. Developers may simply have different priorities.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I've watched the whole thing. They nearly blew their brains from how hard they're holding themselves not to go full rant. And they're not some kinda gods that we need to follow their lead, they're very late in schedule and VGTech and even smaller channels are showing the goods much better. NXGamer made a good job as well.
yes, they are late and im just as miffed about it as you, but I just dont think they are doing it to please uncle Phil. I do think they need to get a move on. its been five days since the consoles came out and we literally have a single comparison from them.

FunkMiller

LOL. This game will be a mess on launch. Wait for GOTY edition, without major bugs/glitches, all DLC, multiplayer, etc

Absolutely. It’s clearly had huge issues bringing it all together on so many platforms, and the chances of it actually being solid on launch are heading for zero. They really should delay again and do one big launch cross generation. The race to get the damn thing out is hurting them badly.

I really cant see why people in other places lick his boots, he cant even go a day without shitting on consoles. does it really matter if they run fire or cloth physics simulation half frame rate?

Does he want consoles to cost 2 grand so only "influncers" can get them for free and then cry why they are not cheap. Not everyone can shell £500+ on just a gpu.

Consoles are designed around a budget, and sacrifices are done to meet it. hence optimizations are done to make games more beautiful and run better.

The unbelieve here is DF like to say "we don't support the fanboys", sure man I mean Alex always act impartially and in a professional way.

I mean you can buy both consoles with years of online and still below of what is the price of the PC of Alex, sure you are the genius Alex.

giphy.gif

not true. that was Alex. John destroyed everything about it. you can watch it again. its their reaction to the xsx reveal, not the halo video. For one hour, they mocked, laughed and eviscerated Microsoft.
You are speaking with common sense so that's going to go right over all their heads. If you don't say Sony good Xbox bad they just laugh and ignore and then pretend to be some kind mistreated minority shit talking BLM and thinking women only get things cause they hot and couldn't possibly be intelligent. Bunch of children.

Yeah, that is why I put that is hasn't been proven yet, obviously because they haven't been able to test it yet, but worst case scenario, the unit is under warranty for 3 years from Denon so they will just have to either replace the board or give me a whole new receiver.

That is my thought too, they don't have the console to test so they obviously don't know, but I will know for sure here in a few weeks, hopefully there is a 4K/120Hz/HDR mode that I can test to see if it works or not. If I can find something to test I will definitely follow up on here if anyone is interested.

I said I would follow up on this and I am! I currently have the XBR-85X900H for my TV and a Denon AVR-X2700H for my receiver which has the affected Panasonic HDMI chipset, but good news, I tested my PS5 with Call Of Duty Cold War and set it to 120Hz performance mode and everything worked just fine, my receiver received and passed along the 120Hz signal without any issues to my TV! Anyone else tested any other TV/Receiver combos?

Dibils2k

Except right now they’re doing head to heads which show the games are imperceptibly different. That’s how it’s gonna be this gen.

I don’t mean play it and enjoy and don’t worry about the “other” version. I mean literally if you put the games side by side and removed the identifying features no one could tell which was which.

What DF is attempting - inefficiently hehe - to generate now is just argument for argument’s sake. Their options are irrelevant because they have no experience in the field of software engineering. They’re 3 gaming journalists with a pause button and some tools.

I don’t doubt their enthusiasm but right now they’re making money off fuel for console warring and nothing else.

Even last gen - xbone vs PS4 - ok that might make a difference to someone. After that, waste of time.

This gen it was obvious DF comparison would be waste of time months ago. Even DF said they’d have to find news ways to differentiate and they failed to do even that.

This is grist for the console war mill.
but how can you say that when their content hasnt changed?? the audience has

and how is it not useful right now? if i had waited for H2H i would have maybe waited for PS5 version of AC Valhalla... and i wait to see their version of H2H and for future games

again you are blaming them for something they cant control. What they have done, and i appreciate them for, is make devs realize they cant pass off shoddy frames! DF has made the industry better, they made fans require more from there games in terms of performance... if you wanna only look at their impact on fanboy culture (which is shit and pathetic without DFs help) then thats your own issue to deal with

ToadMan

but how can you say that when their content hasnt changed?? the audience has

and how is it not useful right now? if i had waited for H2H i would have maybe waited for PS5 version of AC Valhalla... and i wait to see their version of H2H and for future games

again you are blaming them for something they cant control. What they have done, and i appreciate them for, is make devs realize they cant pass off shoddy frames! DF has made the industry better, they made fans require more from there games in terms of performance... if you wanna only look at their impact on fanboy culture (which is shit and pathetic without DFs help) then thats your own issue to deal with

The content has changed because these are new consoles at more or less identical performance points. Even last gen their output was a waste of time just used for warring and little else.

DF hasn't produced a H2H for ACV yet, so that is no use to you regardless.

VGTech had their simple video and a handy summary sheet out 2 days ago. If DF wasn't wasting time developing their opinions on the raw data, their comparison may have been out already.

This gen will be even more boring than last for pixel counters. It,s just console warriors who are trying to eek out "wins" - and DF is courting that crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom