• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Ok I'm back here, but let's get things straight:

EviLore EviLore is resorting to his dirty tactics and has been harassing me lately and sending his goons like Mod of War Mod of War to push me around and ban me. He's worried that the "new cool kid in the hood" is getting all the attention and love, going the extra mile by deleting and blocking all the love PM's to me from hot chicks in here.

gaf.jpg

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, he's getting pushed inside his own turf, feeling the heat, but he's only pushing me like an Xbox Series S pushing a PS5. He's afraid that I will rebel and dethrone him and bring back the glory days of SonyGAF.

So now I need to make a historical reminder, as the ambassador of Oman in NeoGAF to the US president in NeoGAF:

The two countries [Oman and USA] formalized their relationship when they signed the “Treaty of Amity and Commerce” in 1833 — the first bilateral accord between the U.S. and an Arab Gulf state. In 1840, the Sultan’s envoy Ahmad bin Na’aman sailed to New York on the Sultanah, and bin Na’aman became the first Arab diplomat accredited to the U.S. The Sultanah was also the first Arab ship to sail to the United States. In 1880, the U.S. established its first Consulate in Muscat in order to strengthen political and economic ties with Oman.

The Twentieth Century

Oman and the United States expanded their trade and diplomatic relations in 1958, when they signed the “Treaty of Amity, Economic Relations, and Consular Rights” in Salalah. In 1972, the United States opened its Embassy in the capital of Muscat and the Sultanate opened its embassy in Washington D.C. the following year. Oman and the United States signed a military cooperation agreement In 1980, which was revised and renewed in 2010, continuing its close military partnership

07-SultanGift-26.jpg

...Such a voyage finally took place in 1839, in part because of the urgings of a visiting American shipmaster representing the New York firm of Scoville and Britton. Sayyid Sa'id's ship, Sultana, the same vessel that had been sent to the aid of the stricken Peacock, sailed from Muscat on December 23. After touching Zanzibar and St. Helena, she arrived in New York harbor on April 30, 1840. Aboard as supercargo and as Sayyid Sa'id's special emissary was his secretary Ahmad bin Na'aman, charged with delivering letters and gifts for the President of the United States and purveying a cargo of Omani dates, Persian wool carpets, and Mokha coffee loaded at Muscat, as well as various articles from agreed that they might be accepted on behalf of the government of the United States. Some, such as two Arabian stud horses, were sold at auctions—one to a member of former President Jackson's Cabinet, General John Eaton of Tennessee. Proceeds were deposited in the United States Treasury. Others, such as a Persian carpet, a gold-mounted sword and minor gifts, were accepted on the condition that they belonged to the United States.

TL;DR: WHERE ARE MY FUCKING PONIES!!!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Stuart360

The ps5 version looks better here, look at the finer details on the leather coat. You would never spot this in real time .
That section is a rendered video, not ingame graphics, and the PS5 screen is zoomed a bit further in.

As for the other comparison above, its dynamic time of day. That cutscene for me was at night for exanple, as i went explorin before doing the main mission.

People need to chill out about those cross gen statements. They’re not gonna make their next uncharted and god of war cross gen. This is about their sackboys, littlebigplanets, MLBs, gravity rushs, etc.
Always in each gen the companies said the same thing "we are going to support our <insert old console> for more years"
but then after a year they forget it, this is normal for the good and for the bad things.

PS5 looks better
nt8w5uqg.png

ztceibk7.png
I only see the color correction is not the same, probably this game will be same graphics but just PS5 has more
drops in resolution to maintain a good framerate .... and will sell more in PS4 and PC.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

EviLore EviLore is resorting to his dirty tactics and has been harassing me lately and sending his goons like Mod of War Mod of War to push me around and ban me. He's worried that the "new cool kid in the hood" is getting all the attention and love, going the extra mile by deleting and blocking all the love PM's to me from hot chicks in here.

gaf.jpg

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, he's getting pushed inside his own turf, feeling the heat, but he's only pushing me like an Xbox Series S pushing a PS5. He's afraid that I will rebel and dethrone him and bring back the glory days of SonyGAF.

So now I need to make a historic reminder, as the ambassador of Oman in NeoGAF to the US president in NeoGAF:

The two countries [Oman and USA] formalized their relationship when they signed the “Treaty of Amity and Commerce” in 1833 — the first bilateral accord between the U.S. and an Arab Gulf state. In 1840, the Sultan’s envoy Ahmad bin Na’aman sailed to New York on the Sultanah, and bin Na’aman became the first Arab diplomat accredited to the U.S. The Sultanah was also the first Arab ship to sail to the United States. In 1880, the U.S. established its first Consulate in Muscat in order to strengthen political and economic ties with Oman.

The Twentieth Century

Oman and the United States expanded their trade and diplomatic relations in 1958, when they signed the “Treaty of Amity, Economic Relations, and Consular Rights” in Salalah. In 1972, the United States opened its Embassy in the capital of Muscat and the Sultanate opened its embassy in Washington D.C. the following year. Oman and the United States signed a military cooperation agreement In 1980, which was revised and renewed in 2010, continuing its close military partnership

07-SultanGift-26.jpg

...Such a voyage finally took place in 1839, in part because of the urgings of a visiting American shipmaster representing the New York firm of Scoville and Britton. Sayyid Sa'id's ship, Sultana, the same vessel that had been sent to the aid of the stricken Peacock, sailed from Muscat on December 23. After touching Zanzibar and St. Helena, she arrived in New York harbor on April 30, 1840. Aboard as supercargo and as Sayyid Sa'id's special emissary was his secretary Ahmad bin Na'aman, charged with delivering letters and gifts for the President of the United States and purveying a cargo of Omani dates, Persian wool carpets, and Mokha coffee loaded at Muscat, as well as various articles from agreed that they might be accepted on behalf of the government of the United States. Some, such as two Arabian stud horses, were sold at auctions—one to a member of former President Jackson's Cabinet, General John Eaton of Tennessee. Proceeds were deposited in the United States Treasury. Others, such as a Persian carpet, a gold-mounted sword and minor gifts, were accepted on the condition that they belonged to the United States.

giphy.gif

Damn nice to see you again in here

vkbest

I only see the color correction is not the same, probably this game will be same graphics but just PS5 has more
drops in resolution to maintain a good framerate .... and will sell more in PS4 and PC.

Lol, how do you know? This is the first footage on PS5 and both was recorded to 1080p

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

gaf.jpg

So now I need to make a historic reminder, as the ambassador of Oman in NeoGAF to the US president in NeoGAF:

The Twentieth Century

07-SultanGift-26.jpg

giphy.gif
Hey welcome back.

kyliethicc

gaf.jpg

The Twentieth Century

07-SultanGift-26.jpg

giphy.gif
welcome back Sony Pony #1

Xextil_

Neo Member
Sony expects the transition from PS4 to PS5 to last 3 years, and many games will be intergenerational

Is this not spam? He just post news from that website and on top of that, they are news copied from others...

Stooky

I'm not worried about 4k120, it's the lack of HDR at 1080p120.
Should be able support it. This could be bad math but HDMI 2.0b (LG C7) bandwidth is 18gbs. According to HDMi chart 1080p hdr 60fps 4:4:4/RGB = 11gbps. If you ran have the the option to run with this spec 1080p HDR 120fps 4:2:2/4:2:0 should get you right under 18gbps. Basically doubling the Fps from 60 to 120 would equal 22gb but lowering the the Chroma subsampling to 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 might get you under the 18g bandwidth. C7 can only display 4:4:4/RGB in pc mode anyway.

Last edited:

cragarmi

Always in each gen the companies said the same thing "we are going to support our <insert old console> for more years"
but then after a year they forget it, this is normal for the good and for the bad things.

Well, you almost got that right.. 😒

LucidFlux

Should be able support it. This could be bad math but HDMI 2.0b (LG C7) bandwidth is 18gbs. According to HDMi chart 1080p hdr 60fps 4:4:4/RGB = 11gbps. If you ran have the the option to run with this spec 1080p HDR 120fps 4:2:2/4:2:0 should get you right under 18gbps. Basically doubling the Fps from 60 to 120 would equal 22gb but lowering the the Chroma subsampling to 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 might get you under the 18g bandwidth. C7 can only display 4:4:4/RGB in pc mode anyway.

I havent been able to test a 1080p120 HDR signal yet so this very well may be the case. I believe my pro auto switches to 4:2:2 with 4k HDR currently. I dont use PC mode as I find the color banding worse so I stick to game. The Ps5 does let you manually select down to 4:20 so that may be the solution, to allow 1080p120 HDR. We shall see in a couple days!

SNPlayen

I havent been following this thread too much lately. Do we know what the "surprise"that the guy from Digital Foundry was talking about yet with PS5?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Some pics I grabbed, need better quality video though.
Frame00016.png

Frame01502.png
Frame03979.png

Frame05349.png
Frame06018.png

Frame07565.png
Frame06616.png

Frame08167.png
Frame08706.png

Frame11197.png
Frame26238.png

Frame27855.png
Frame26416.png

Frame28030.png
What exactly is this guy even comparing with?

From his twitter... he didn't get sent a PS5.. so he doesn't have one right? Is this just videos from other sources that he's comparing?

edit: guess he did manage to buy a PS5 early

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Taken from Tom Warren's video of Spider-Man Remastered on PS5:

(Note: These are video stills, not photo mode)

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-21h59m11s646.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h00m02s433.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h12m58s655.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h16m26s266.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h18m00s401.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h19m55s678.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h21m20s577.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h27m42s188.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h29m01s374.png

Second batch of screenshots, focusing on the insane details from a video by GameRiot. Note that these are video stills, not photo mode so there are so much details lost in the process:

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h51m25s364.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h53m18s244.png

Insanely detailed body hair! Crazy!

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h54m02s216.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h55m42s547.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h56m07s490.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h57m07s830.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h57m38s687.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-23h00m36s324.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-23h06m07s963.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-23h07m09s481.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-23h24m05s836.png

kyliethicc

John said there are more surprises coming for PS5

So considering Sony still has the store, PS Now, and PS Plus, plus the media apps all still embargoed... that shows what these surprises are related too

seems obvious what it'll be

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

John said there are more surprises coming for PS5

So considering Sony still has the store, PS Now, and PS Plus, plus the media apps all still embargoed... that shows what these surprises are related too

seems obvious what it'll be
I find this stuff annoying.. why are their review embargos for devices that are already shipping? lol

IntentionalPun

That must be a bug, or this guys XSX footage comes from an older build. There are plenty of vids showing the water wake from the boat on XSX.
He appears to just literally be comparing videos he found online, and did not create any of the footage.. so who knows what version it is, what the difference in capture hardware/software was/etc.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
What exactly is this guy even comparing with?

From his twitter... he didn't get sent a PS5.. so he doesn't have one right? Is this just videos from other sources that he's comparing?

Zrzut_ekranu_2020-11-11_o_00.55.06.png

He got them (bought them). The only lighting on the later two photos seem to be related to day time or dynamic lighting difference, or RT GI difference. Overall, they look identical in that poor 1080p comparison. Need 4K comparison.

Last edited:

Stuart360

He appears to just literally be comparing videos he found online, and did not create any of the footage.. so who knows what version it is, what the difference in capture hardware/software was/etc.
I think so yeah. Here is a stream (terrible qualtiy lol) from earlier today, with the boat wake at 1:12 -

Yeah it seems the video he used is from an older build of the XSX version, as Gameriots video from 5 days ago shows the boat not having the wake, and his copy was preview code, 48:50-

IntentionalPun

Zrzut_ekranu_2020-11-11_o_00.55.06.png

He got them (bought them). The only lighting on the later two photos seem to be related to day time or dynamic lighting difference, or RT GI difference. Overall, they look identical in that poor 1080p comparison. Need 4K comparison.
How is he getting consoles early if he's buying them?

Is the design using many curves also from the concept?

Morisawa: As for curves, we are very conscious of the internal structure that engineers think of. The PS5 is a very powerful console with a lot more heat. So air flow for cooling is very important. The result of cutting off unnecessary parts from the box shape along the clothoid curve, which is a flow path of air like a snail, is a design using many curved surfaces. The air flow of the internal structure appears outside.
https://www.gamespark.jp/article/2020/11/10/103697.html

bitbydeath

Should be obvious since it’s a cross-gen launch title but still nice to hear.

“It feels like we’re just scratching the surface of what you can do with hardware like [the PS5],” says Fitzgerald. “That we sort of can take a game model like Spider-Man and make everything really fast. Even the Ratchet and Clank game we’re working on is leaning into that, a lot.”
Fitzgerald says that developers will have “years and years of scraping more and more performance” out of the PS5 and doing things that are “crazier and crazier.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom