• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyliethicc

Nike x Playstation collaboration?
t62vieH.jpg
Cactus Jack x PlayStation

Last edited:
I am still surprise the falconeer is done by only one dev, great for this guy but please DF stop talking like if was
the reason to buy a new console, this game will receive hate just because you are trying to use it as some kind
of big title than you need to play in that quality so you need to acquire a new console.
Not gonna lie... It feels like filler content.

SSfox

"The PS5 SSD obviously allows us to load the game faster. If you die or make a quick move, the downloads are almost instantaneous-going dark and returning the image. You just keep playing. We don’t have loading screens in the usual sense. This is very impressive. On PS4, we have downloads and subway rides again, just like in the last game."

k8m5xv.gif

"Why did Sony invest in SSD lmfao."
you do realize this will be the same in the ps4 version?

Last edited:

RookX22

If anyone here has read my rantings about the X900H update giving alot of trouble, good news I figured it out! For some reason turning earc to auto has fixed my random HDR signal drop no matter the hdmi or signal format. So if you have been having a problem of losing signal after launching or shutting down a HDR game on a base PS4 enable auto eARC in sound settings so far I havent had a drop yet. It was driving me crazy for the past 3 days... I thought I was Pigeon trapped in a beta's body with no one to help me."lollipop_disappointed: P.S. i dont have a setup that requires eARC

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

"The PS5 SSD obviously allows us to load the game faster. If you die or make a quick move, the downloads are almost instantaneous-going dark and returning the image. You just keep playing. We don’t have loading screens in the usual sense. This is very impressive. On PS4, we have downloads and subway rides again, just like in the last game."
we have known there will be subway rides. did you even read the other posts i made about this?

sircaw

Banned
The difference is smallest we have ever seen.

I think that's what ps5 fans have been saying for so long. Simply put the Ps5 is the better-designed, more thought out piece of kit.

If you have a 10.3 tflop machine that is trading blows with a 12tflop machine and also has all the extras like the better controller, better sound, better ssd, better wifi, and the better games while coming in at the same price.

What is left to say.

kyliethicc

I think that's what ps5 fans have been saying for so long. Simply put the Ps5 is the better-designed, more thought out piece of kit.

If you have a 10.3 tflop machine that is trading blows with a 12tflop machine and also has all the extras like the better controller, better sound, better ssd, better wifi, and the better games while coming in at the same price.

What is left to say.
Nothing. Game over.

Akuji

Lol, yeah. Im kidding. Absolutely love my oled. I highly recommend one if ur getting a next gen console and/or love watching 4k shows and movies. The Haunting of Bly Manor looks ridiculous on this set.

And hell to the no about 4k projectors. The beauty of oleds are the rich colors and pitch black pixels. No projector can come close in these regards.
Yes they can. Sony just announced a laser projector with 10.000 lumen which means at a 150“ size it’s as Bright as a modern Oled with around 700nits. While the laser is capable to turn off for black pixels reaching the same black as oled does.

Price? Around 90k€

thebigmanjosh

Gold Member
Dammit...I just moved to a different apartment in my building and realized the shipping/cc info for my PS5 pre-orders are tied to the old unit. Thankfully I was able to update Sony Direct pre-order w/o issues but I'm worried about Amazon.

I know in the past they've cancelled any changes to shipping/payment, but is that still the case? Any recommendations?

Last edited:

Hashi

You know that LG literally delivers their OLED screens to Sony and other manufacturers? Sony and Panasonic just add their own tech into it, but the screen always looks the same.
All polymers for LG panels comes from jpn Idemitsu Kosan* who owns 30% patents Oled tech group (Kodak/LG/Idemitsu), all machines to produce oled are made in US (Kateeva) and Jpn (Canon Tokki), some patents are from JOLED. Future printing tech will come from Panasonic. Same panel is not all.

*Idemitsu invented blue diode. First consumer OLED screen made Pioneer.
That short history of OLED.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom