• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
The Touryst Renders at 6K/4K on Xbox Series X/S; It Almost Looks Like a Good CGI Movie, Says Dev

We were able to get a few comments from Shin'en Multimedia CEO Manfred Linzner on their favorite part of the Xbox Series X hardware and the optimizations made for both Series X and Series S.

For us, it's the very powerful GPU. So it was really easy to up the visuals in The Touryst to perfection. Depending on Xbox Series X or S, we render at 6K or 4K resolution and then downsample to the target resolution, so you have a very crisp yet extra smooth supersampled display. It almost looks like a good CGI movie and that's all with no temporal reprojection, so every pixel is fresh and unique without temporal artifacts.

On the cheaper and less powerful Xbox Series S, Linzner said:

It wasn't a limit to us. I think the Xbox Series S is quite fine depending on what you need and want.

🙃

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The Touryst Renders at 6K/4K on Xbox Series X/S; It Almost Looks Like a Good CGI Movie, Says Dev

We were able to get a few comments from Shin'en Multimedia CEO Manfred Linzner on their favorite part of the Xbox Series X hardware and the optimizations made for both Series X and Series S.

the-touryst-switch-screenshot05.jpg

It's a Switch game.. of course the Series S didn't limit it lol

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Godfall Dev Says Playing With DualSense Is ‘Incredible,’ 60 FPS At 4K Is ‘The Future, That’s Given’

Chiefly, he touched base on the capabilities of the new system, and how from a technical point of view, 60 FPS at 4K is “the future, that’s given.”

He also spoke at length about the PS5 DualSense controller:

Playing with the DualSense now, it’s incredible. You can actually, almost in a way, imagine that you can sculpt and shape the vibration and the sensations.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

When read that, I knew it was too good to be true.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Another Dolphin-like level of BS gaming.

J_Gamer.exe

Are xbox setting up for another Penello moment with the way the power narrative has been pushed...

Last gen...

There is no way we’re giving up a 30%+ advantage to Sony

This gen... It's not been said yet but given the power bragging... internally are they like......

There's no way we're giving up an 18% advantage to Sony...

Cut to Microsoft HQ after yet another third party announcement..... erm... guys... its the same res and framerate as PS5 again.

Whatttt how, we have way more CU's and more Teraflops.

confusedmacgyvermeme-5ab8392eae9ab8003778609b.PNG

geordiemp

Ok because I thought they had to take turns accessing it.

They do take turns, you can only strip data from the same level of RAM or slice it, its the way the timing works as their is effectively 4 signals on the GDDR6.

Everythng takes turns using the RAM, whether its CPU, GPU, audio, even the SSD streaming. If each RAM requestor is more efficient, then it becomes easier for system to manage. Cache is also vital in the equation.

Cant wait to see how AMD have balanced it all for more performance, think it will shock.

Last edited:

JonnyMP3

OOTL after bypassing about 600 pages...

WTF is the current situation in the 'War'?
Minecraft RTX again? Switch games with Ultra resolution?
I need a play by play of the last month.
sircaw sircaw give me one of your rundowns!

LivingD3AD

What's ReShade tools?
ReShade is a generic post-processing injector for games and video software developed by crosire. Imagine your favorite game with ambient occlusion, real depth of field effects, color correction and more ... ReShade exposes an automated and generic way to access both frame color and depth information (latter is automatically disabled during multiplayer to prevent exploitation) and all the tools to make it happen.

sircaw

Banned
OOTL after bypassing about 600 pages...

WTF is the current situation in the 'War'?
Minecraft RTX again? Switch games with Ultra resolution?
I need a play by play of the last month.
sircaw sircaw give me one of your rundowns!

All i know is there are some over-sensitive pussies on this forum, and a lot of them seem to come from the UK.

the land of banter, i am ashamed to say, humor seems to have died in my country.

Grinchy

Banned
I've heard they can even get current gen 2D sidescrollers running with higher resolutions and framerates, too! Never would have guessed it could be possible, but here we are in the beta-tested future!

JonnyMP3

All i know is there are some over-sensitive pussies on this forum, and a lot of them seem to come from the UK.

the land of banter, i am ashamed to say, humor seems to have died in my country.
Yeah well after being run by complete muppets for the last few years... And this bullshit tier system.
But fair enough. Haven't missed much then... Something something cooling solution.
Sound!

sircaw

Banned
Yeah well after being run by complete muppets for the last few years... And this bullshit tier system.
But fair enough. Haven't missed much then... Something something cooling solution.
Sound!

i don't know, i am tired of trying to have proper conversations with people in private, only for them to think that i am not being truthful or something.

Very soon it's time to move on from this place.

In regards to console stuff, not a lot has changed, nothing really significant to report about. Xbox thermals came back, seem to be fine, the grill at the top/ vent thing comes in at 60 degrees, people say that is acceptable.

Ps5, i think the initial report of the storage being 640 or something available was correct, that's an old leak that turned outright.

Um, assassins creed looks fucking awful, 3 weeks to launch and the crunch must be insane.

dirt demo came out, it's a mixed bag, some shots looked extremely ugly, gameplay or i think fps was decent/good.
there are like screenshots of cars and trees being cut in half, not an expert on it but i am sure someone will explain or link you a screenshot.

I got a lot of abuse, people don't like my jokes and i was told to apologize to the community by one person saying i have turned this place into a stagnant pond of toxicity. I was rather proud.

Today some asked me if i was a native English speaker cos yer, I can't spell or add fucking commas.

Geordie has challenged me to a Zimmer frame duel when we hit the care home( i am so going wreck him)

And that's it, need to feed fish now bbl.

Last edited:

JonnyMP3

i don't know, i am tired of trying to have proper conversations with people in private, only for them to think that i am not being truthful or something.

In regards to console stuff, not a lot has changed, nothing really significant to report about. Xbox thermals came back, seem to be fine, the grill at the top/ vent thing comes in at 60 degrees, people say that is acceptable.

Ps5, i think the initial report of the storage being 640 or something available was correct, that's an old leak that turned outright.

Um, assassins creed looks fucking awful, 3 weeks to launch and the crunch must be insane.

dirt demo came out, it's a mixed bag, some shots looked extremely ugly, gameplay or i think fps was decent/good.
there are like screenshots of cars and trees being cut in half, not an expert on it but i am sure someone will explain or link you a screenshot.

I got a lot of abuse, people don't like my jokes and i was told to apologize to the community by one person saying i have turned this place into a stagnant pond of toxicity. I was rather proud.

Today some asked me if i was a native English speaker cos yer, I can't spell or add fucking commas.

Geordie has challenged me to a Zimmer frame duel when we hit the care home( i am so going wreck him)

Fuck 'em! Though I have seen a lot of people get banned recently. Some people take a forum way too seriously... Even if it is the premier gaming forum for like the last 20 years.
Remember... It's not you. Some idiots actually believed there was a 2nd GPU in the power brick at one time.

Now that my grandma's funeral's finally done with today...
I'm Back! :messenger_sunglasses:
I am thoroughly enjoying NXGamer NXGamer thread though.

Sweet I can't wait to turn off rumble immediately like I have since n64
Ain't no rumble my friend. Haptic feedback. According to people that have played the Astro PS5 demo, you can tell the difference between metal, sand, and plastic surfaces. Also, adaptive triggers. Am I excited? Yup. I get why people would traditionally turn off rumble, but this ain't no simple shake your controller up nonsense.

Hey America’s always free and all we do is complain here! As long as ya not sum stinkin libruh and don’t mind a splash of COVID you’ll fit right in.

Ain't no rumble my friend. Haptic feedback. According to people that have played the Astro PS5 demo, you can tell the difference between metal, sand, and plastic surfaces. Also, adaptive triggers. Am I excited? Yup. I get why people would traditionally turn off rumble, but this ain't no simple shake your controller up nonsense.
You mean it will rumble differently depending on surfaces? Yeah I'm gonna turn that off real quick. Hate rumble. If my eyes and ears ain't enough to tell what's going on in the game then I'm not interested.
You mean... By not inserting a rumble pak?
My brother loved the rumble so I actually had to remove the rumble pack.

JonnyMP3

You mean it will rumble differently depending on surfaces? Yeah I'm gonna turn that off real quick. Hate rumble. If my eyes and ears ain't enough to tell what's going on in the game then I'm not interested.

My brother loved the rumble so I actually had to remove the rumble pack.
I think I had a 4Mb memory card in my controller...

sircaw

Banned
Fuck 'em! Though I have seen a lot of people get banned recently. Some people take a forum way too seriously... Even if it is the premier gaming forum for like the last 20 years.
Remember... It's not you. Some idiots actually believed there was a 2nd GPU in the power brick at one time.

Now that my grandma's funeral's finally done with today...
I'm Back! :messenger_sunglasses:
I am thoroughly enjoying NXGamer NXGamer thread though.

i am glad your back and once again, i am sorry about your grandma, its just very sad.

I lived out in Africa most of my young until i was +25 years old and must of spent a total of less than 2 months with both my grandmothers, they died just before i came back to the UK. never knew my granddads, either they died when i was very young. I hope you have some nice memories about/with your gran, that what really matters now. :messenger_heart: .

Last edited:

JonnyMP3

i am glad your back and once again, i am sorry about your grandma, its just very sad.

I lived out in Africa most of my young until i was +25 years old and must of spent a total of less than 2 months with both my grandmothers, they died just before i came back to the UK. never knew my granddads, either they died when i was very young. I hope you have some nice memory about your gran, that what really matters now. :messenger_heart: .
It's fine. I know she's in a happier place now after being ill for a long time. But thank you for your well wishes.

She had a good innings and tbf, it was my mum's passing 5 years ago that devastated me.
This one let me give back to the family and step up to the plate this time... Which was good.

All in all, I'm personally at peace with it all, though I know not everyone in my family is. But this year many people have lost loved ones. At least I was blessed enough to have a funeral to actually attend.

JonnyMP3

It's funny cause I don't remember that existing. N64 makes me think of getting on the roof in Mario, toad being the best Kart racer, HEY!, And taking out that POS rumble.
Tbf most of Nintendos own games came with their own on cartridge back up but 3rd party games didn't have that luxury.
I think I needed it for Diddy Kong's Racing, Turok and my WWF character saves.

Tbf most of Nintendos own games came with their own on cartridge back up but 3rd party games didn't have that luxury.
I think I needed it for Diddy Kong's Racing, Turok and my WWF character saves.
Can't believe I forgot those games existed. I loved the 64 wrestling games. Me and my buddy played as Paco Loco and dim sum (the actual names) wearing yellow and black and we were the bee brothers. Thanks for making me think of that. Fond memories.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Really? 0.19 TFlops? Sheesh, just bought one for my son for Christmas. That seems so minuscule. But videos of games I’ve seen don’t look that bad. I really know nothing about technology I guess.
kVvfuHB.jpg
.390 tflops when docked.

i bought my son a switch lite too. the kiddie mario and other nintendo games look fine because they arent lookers in the first place. its when you start playing real games with AAA production values on it that the façade starts to break down.

q8tgAik.jpg

dk6HKxj.jpg

6B45Icd.png

5PCPGdM.png

VocIsoz.png

G9Wkq1N.png

some games actually hit 360p on the switch when in handheld mode. i believe that yoshi game, doom, mortal kombat and wolfenstein all hang out in the 480p range going all the way down to 360p regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom