• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's where it really belongs too.... On the shelves, untouched, not purchased.

1475351.png

Maybe some sort of gaming OS? Like allowing people to build their own PC with an Xbox operating system.
microsoft is stupid that hasn't already announced a win10 app for series x, giving a simple desktop environment with your basic microsoft edge and office. they preferred to announce keyboard and mouse for flight sim 2020 xbox.

microsoft is stupid that hasn't already announced a win10 app for series x, giving a simple desktop environment with your basic microsoft edge and office. they preferred to announce keyboard and mouse for flight sim 2020 xbox.

I'm surprised that your calling Microsoft stupid.

😲

Most of the time your pretty positive with whatever they do.

Last edited:
Ok Sony that’s enough. I planning my budget for this Winter. I already got $500 for the Xbox Series X. $400.00 for games for it. Now I can’t budget the rest with out a PS5 DE Price. So I’m going to budget $500 for PS5 DE and $400 for games. But Sony I need price and pre order details...this email thing isn’t working for me...so by Friday I need this Info thanks...

Next step is figuring out what headsets to buy for each console....Do you guys feel the pulse for PS5 going to better build quality then the Gold’s where? I found the Golds to be cheaply made imho..

the PS5 apu is around 20% smaller so 20% cheaper. assuming the apu cost MS $150, we can assume sony will save $30 here.

the ps5 ram is 20% slower. that is a cost decision in itself since the github leaks had sony in the 500 gbps range as well. they are likely saving around $10-20 here.

the ps5 cooling solution is more expensive than it used to be but its still only a few dollars. not the $20-30 ms pays for vapor chamber cooling. Penello who seemed to have figured out the whole sandwich strategy was baffled by it on era. that was the main thing he picked up on in the bloomberg bom article, and i bet as one of the architects of the sandwich strategy he didnt anticipate sony saving $20-25 dollars on a better cooling solution. He said that they expected the ps5 to be a $399 8 tflops console and i believe sony hitting 10 tflops threw a wrench in their plans. even at 9.2 tflops they probably thought they were in the clear becuase the cooling solution must have been more expensive than theirs but if the bloomberg article is to be believed then its only a few dollars and way cheaper than vapor chamber cooling.

i think where sony got fucked is in the ssd prices. but this thing looks like it was designed to be a $399 console from the get go. that said, their ssd is a custom ssd by sony themselves so they are probably not paying any kind of royalties or pruchase surchage to samsung like MS is.
This right here. I guess the price will be heavily influenced if they manage to get to the original BoM that was below the reported $450. They were aiming at $399 all along, probably with losses to distribution and retail cut.

I don’t know how these console manufacturers do component deals, but it has been a while since the Bloomberg report and the beginning of mass production. I’m more curious to hear about what happened backstage after launch than than to know the price.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Interesting comment from RGT, he's mentioned a few times in his videos now that he was told by developers that both the PS5 and Series X games will form their own "distinct looks" early on in next-gen, I assume he's talking about the first party games but I'm curious as to what this "distinct look" will be.

Like floating, barkless trees far ahead.

Halo-Infinite-2020_Ascension_Demo_Campaign_05_4k.png

And photorealistic visuals.

3688544-eazv49txqamezn4-orig.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure they said its a stand alone game. Might not be as long as the first Spiderman game but its not a couple of hours either.
Why post this? You know it’s not true, and just makes you look a bit silly, because a five second google search tells the truth: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....but-an-expanded-remaster-of-2018s-spider-man/
As much extension as Uncharted: Lost Legacy, but whatever makes you feel better.
Sorry, I said extension, apparently it's Expansion. It's also half the length of the original game, so not sure why you guys are so quickly fired up when I say it's an expansion, when a Sony executive also called it this.

It's indeed like uncharted lost legacy, it's standalone but not as long as the original.

bitbydeath

Sorry, I said extension, apparently it's Expansion. It's also half the length of the original game, so not sure why you guys are so quickly fired up when I say it's an expansion, when a Sony executive also called it this.

It's indeed like uncharted lost legacy, it's standalone but not as long as the original.

Half would still put it in the 15-20 hour range which is fine by me.

Shmunter

Crazy opinion here. Games are too long for my taste these days. The Lost Legacy was more like AAA from PS3/360 era, solid, no nonsense, no filler length. I welcome a denser instead of broader Spider-Man experience.

itsnotme

Talking of PS5 ads, I get them all the time almost every other advert I get on Snapchat and Instagram is a PS5 advert (no joke) and the occasional YouTube one but on snap and Instagram I'm getting quite a few. It's weird because I genuinely haven't seen 1 xbox advert (or at least one that o remember)

I wouldn't gush too much about PR pics. Look what happened with Ghost of Tsushima pics from a year or two ago vs. what came out.

What happened? Ghost of T is a gorgeous looking game that looks better than anything on Xbox one and better than anything we've seen advertised for Next Gen Xbox. I platted Ghost of T and still go in daily just to see the beauty of tht "open world".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom