• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
but Halo was an indicator of things ahead on both fronts.

Halo was mostly due to 343s incompetence not Covid-19. I wouldn't use Halo as an indication of anything to be fair. Kena and DeathLoop are indicators that Covid-19 is really affecting some developers. Although they are small in size compared to other devs so maybe the bigger studios will have less of an issue.

ksdixon

It is clear with the amount of games shown on an actual ps5 as opposed to the competitors who actually has been caught off guard and it sure hasn't been Sony. They are following sane game plan that made them successful this generation.

That's the crux of what is so offensive to me. Even if Sony is more expensive (well, in the middle of the two XB consoles), and that's somehow seen as less attractive... it's just not comparable. For that extra money over the Series S you're getting a more powerful PS5. Furthermore you're getting a console with actual proper next gen games on it, so those should justify the higher price than the Series S to you, in addition to anything else like load times or controller improvements, or dashboard operation system features etc.

i'd have more respect with MS and the gaming media if MS actually competed with games instead of bullshit marketing and paid-for-praise.

Kerlurk

Banned
Marc

This poll just shows how braindead consumers have become. The PS5 could be a PS4 in a different body and people would still rather buy that than the clearly superior Xbox Series X.

That's like saying, why are there even any Xbox fans today, as they should have all went away when the PS4 was released, since it was the "clearly superior" console. I guess all those Xbox fans that bought the original Xbox One are "braindead".

Just another tweet from a twit. What a desperate fanboy. Because you were (XSX) the chosen one! (star wars reference) :LOL:

Last edited:

ksdixon

Well, could be worse

Bugsnax could have been delayed

I keep seeing this type of sentiment.

Other than the catchy-as-fuck theme song, this is satire from PS fans, propping-up this kiddy game like it's gonna be awesome, like how XB does for Grounded and other such Gamepass filler, right?

Granted fans of Kameo or Viva Pinyata or something might actually like the looks of BugSnax, but I feel like I'm missing the full effect of some in-joke or meme with Bugsnax's praise.

Last edited:

Entroyp

I cant tell the difference between native and true 4k.
But fullhd and 4k ? Night and day.
Same goes for oled. I cant take a look on any led :(

Yea, I got an LG CX last month to be ready for next gen and I can definitely tell the difference to my Samsung 5 year old LCD.

zaitsu

Banned

Other than the catchy-as-fuck theme song, this is satire from PS fans, popping-up this kiddy game like it's gonna be awesome, like how XB does for Grounded and other such Gamepass, right?

Granted fans of Kameo or Viva Pinyata or something might actually like the looks of BugSnax, but I feel like I'm missing the full effect of some in-joke or meme with Bugsnax's praise.
Bugsnax? ONLY KNACK 3, FREACKIN MASTERPIECE

TLZ

Banned
Then you need to see this. Looks like Xbox fans hoped that Xbox would win because XSS "faster" CPU crap

Amvijpf.jpg

giphy.gif

Other than the catchy-as-fuck theme song, this is satire from PS fans, propping-up this kiddy game like it's gonna be awesome, like how XB does for Grounded and other such Gamepass filler, right?

Now I'm upset you put my future goty in this conversation of delays. How can you not like the cuteness of Bugsnaxs, the thoughtfulness in art style and the awesome gameplay and graphics presented.

I'm thoroughly perplexed by your response 😂

Bo_Hazem

Banned
This is a personal opinion, of course, but I cannot see the difference between 1080p and 4k, at least in raw formats on a big screen. I worked with formats up to 8k when I was working in tv production and couldn't tell. Now, this is entirely dependant on who's looking at the picture, and I'll say I'm probably the exception and not the rule. I can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p easy.

I think LASIK is a great investment, many of my friends and relatives did it and no one having issues. Also, I've seen the comparison between 4K in Canon R5 and Sony a7S III on youtube (compressed), and I can easily see that R5 footage is noticeably sharper due to being 8K downsampled to 4K. I'm getting a7S III though.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Then you need to see this. Looks like Xbox fans hoped that Xbox would win because XSS "faster" CPU crap

Amvijpf.jpg

This may go without saying, but in the week of your massive console release date and price announcement... there’s a poll of 90,000 people, with 67% still wanting to buy the competition more than your product.

If Microsoft’s strategy seems a little scattershot and unfocused, this is why. When you’re fighting an uphill battle, seeing the right path to the top is extremely hard. They’re trying multiple paths. Not sure that’s the wisest of approaches, but we’ll have to wait and see.

ksdixon

Now I'm upset you put my future goty in this conversation of delays. How can you not like the cuteness of Bugsnaxs, the thoughtfulness in art style and the awesome gameplay and graphics presented.

I'm thoroughly perplexed by your response 😂

It does look cute, and perhaps a little intriguing as it seems like there's more going-on that initially meets the eye. In truth I probably be picking it up myself for some laughs with the fiance, but I'm not seeing this world breaking game story or gameplay mechanics in the newest trailer that would explain the sort-of praise I see it getting?

"What about Knack 3, doe?" seems simillarly tounge-in-cheek. I guess I'm just asking if there's truely actual hype behind BugSnax, or if it's leaning more into the side of satire/meme-ary.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
$299 next-gen console is a fantastic idea for the casual market especially with covid19 and the economic uncertainty and with Xbox All Access, Microsoft indeed hit it perfectly right this time for holiday.

Casual market wants to play free-to-play games for free, like PS4 and PS5 with fortnite and Apex etc. That's not happening with any xbox. And who gives a fuck about all access when you can literally buy anything with the same model whether through the shop itself or your bank? Some banks even give you 0% interest up to 12 months here.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Another fuvking wrong answer.
Dude you need to educate yourself.
Your blinded by your fanboism.
Xbox one reserved 3.5 GB for OS .
New xboxes will reserve 2.5 GB.
Just the same amount windows reserves on PC.
So lets try again.
Do xbox run windows ? Yes
Do it need same amount of ram as PC ? Yes
fMTHUMk.jpg

psycho-teacher.jpg

I love your way of schooling, we need more teachers like you in our school if you're interested.

kyliethicc

Casual market wants to play free-to-play games for free, like PS4 and PS5 with fortnite and Apex etc. That's not happening with any xbox. And who gives a fuck about all access when you can literally buy anything with the same model whether through the shop itself or your bank? Some banks even give you 0% interest up to 12 months here.

Is free to play actually free? lets check:

on PlayStation? Yes.
on Nintendo? Yes.
on PC? Yes.
on Xbox? No. $10/month.

So pro consumer.

zaitsu

Banned
psycho-teacher.jpg

I love your way of schooling, we need more teachers like you in our school if you're interested.
Tbh ive written scripts my whole life.
Ive teached pharmacology and ECG as my side time job for quite sime time even after graduating.
Ive like learning new stuff, and teaching my friends.
Recently all my friends was given lecture by me why they should buy playstation over xbox.
Makes me mad that adult people cant do proper research.

Last edited:
It does look cute, and perhaps a little intriguing as it seems like there's more going-on that initially meets the eye. In truth I probably be picking it up myself for some laughs with the fiance, but I'm not seeing this world breaking game story or gameplay mechanics in the newest trailer that would explain the sort-of praise I see it getting?

"What about Knack 3, doe?" seems simillarly tounge-in-cheek. I guess I'm just asking if there's truely actual hype behind BugSnax, or if it's leaning more into the side of satire/meme-ary.

I was being kind of sarcastic with my post lol I'm a Sony fan but i have no interest in Bugsnax lol

You think I jest?

Bugsnax will be the game of the generation, nay, Millenium!

The moment my ears were aroused by the vocals of that theme song, It was as though I went back in time to when I first experienced the ending of The Last of Us.

If the PS5 is a Michelin star restaurant, then bugsnaxx is nothing short of the creme brulee!

Last edited:

kyliethicc

You think I jest?

The moment my ears were aroused by the vocals of that theme song, It was as though I went back in time to when I first experienced the ending of The Last of Us.

If the PS5 is a Michelin star restaurant, then bugsnaxx is nothing short of the creme brulee!
Bugsnax might even be able to dethrone Knack 2 as the best PlayStation game of all time.

INC

You think I jest?

I'd say its more like pineapple and cheese on a cocktail stick

INC

Halo was mostly due to 343s incompetence not Covid-19. I wouldn't use Halo as an indication of anything to be fair. Kena and DeathLoop are indicators that Covid-19 is really affecting some developers. Although they are small in size compared to other devs so maybe the bigger studios will have less of an issue.

I kinda refuse to believe that a dev studio of that size, 5 years cooking time, and one of the most expensive games ever made, looks that basic because of corvid, corvid has only been about 4 months when they demoed it. Maybe it was more trying to get to run on all 3 consoles, one x, series s and x.

Or perhaps 343 are that bad, I mean it happens, look at athem, thats also possible

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom