• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGwaphics

I don't care. I was describing what the market clearly wants/cares about. You can like it. Just doesn't seem to matter that much to most.

I just don't think people buy new machines to play old games. I personally have a PS4. If I want a PS5 to play PS4 games, I could just not buy a new console and save money. I can just use my PS4 to play PS4 games. Back compat is just a cool perk, not really what drives hardware sales.

BC is only a big feature for those that love games and like to preserve their collections as new hardware comes along. Many don't want to keep 4 or 5 consoles hooked up.

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah they kicked him because sharing screenshots of a totally open discord with nothing to hide, innocent little discussions and a lot of context is problematic.
That makes no sense... if it is open, there is nothing to hide, with innocent little discussions... remember me why he was banned?

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

BTW I know the FUD group moved to another place... do you know were is it or you did not get invited?

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
That makes no sense... if it is open, there is nothing to hide, with innocent little discussions... remember me why he was banned?

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
Well the screenshots ITT shows how innocent and sympathetic those discussions were and the worse part is I'm sure we know barely the tip of the iceberg.

I have no idea I tend to avoid toxic places like that but sometimes it is hard for me to refrain from correcting fanboys.
When a conversation is possible with them I'll keep talking with them because it is sometimes interesting but those too obtuse to understand a diferent opinion are put on ignore instantly.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned
Why do you care about sales? Shouldn't we all care for value we get for out money? Having such a good BC is definitely something that cranks it up. Top-management is much better in taking care of sales than us.
ye we care, you know, God of War, Spider Man, Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima, Dreams, Bloodborne and etc. compare to mighty bc and mighty Crackdown 3, Bleeding Edge, Recore, State of Decay 2 and etc.

did you get money out of this turd? 🤡 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I'll give you an ideas. Try to spread FUD to be like it is out of context.

Qdr7lAL.jpg

FKiUvP8.png

8LdLTBI.png

Why do you want to poor old moderator dead??
lmao. I love myself a classic gaf ownage.

Adults don't have time to play recent releases, so na chance for old ones.
Kids dont care about anything older than few years.
So no, it's no damage controle. Youre just fucking idiot for not understanding that BC is maybe for some "pro consumer" but mostly it isnt hitting any target being just waste or resources that could be put in other places like having most advanced controller called dualsense.

I think PS players mostly care about NEXT GENERATION.
PCMR can play older games and beg for old sony exclusives. Same goes for xbox players.

AMD did the work projecting ps4 pro and pS5 as machine compatible with ps4.
Sony of course had nothing to say during the projecting of their machines.
This dude is miserable...
Go fetch a ball boy, and give us a rest.
In another universe, maybe you are an adult.
I'm reporting both your posts

Why do you care about sales? Shouldn't we all care for value we get for out money? Having such a good BC is definitely something that cranks it up. Top-management is much better in taking care of sales than us.
The sales care because in that way is more possible to get good games in that platform, I mean the
Devs go where they can get more value for its product or even optimize more that version, look the firsts
years of Xbox 360 or the life of PS4.

The BC is good but I in the personal I don't care for a couple of reasons:

1.-I don't have time to replay games which I just finished when I barely can play all the new games or
games which I never played before.

2.-If you have a disc your BC is most of the time a download a version compatible with the system, so not
BC for hardware. So if you plan is replay in many time after you bought it, still need the company to have
that version in their servers.

3.-I don't buy a console to play the same games I finished in the current or an old console. The same with
a PC, I don't plan to buy a 3080-3070 to play again Starcraft 2 or Far Cry 5.

Is good to have BC but if that is your main reason then you choose the wrong of platform, in that PC can
give more flexibility or if you are more purist you probably prefer the play in the original hardware.

DaGwaphics

Well the screenshots ITT shows how innocent and sympathetic those discussions were and the worse part is I'm sure we know barely the tip of the iceberg.

Clearly this discord is about some kind of military secrets or some other type of espionage, surly no one cares about what a group of fans say about a rival product?

B_Boss

Wonderful! I wanna make a 3D map of my future house, and was considering UE4 (a version, I think that's specialized in architecture), but that would need a steep learning curve for someone like me.

It's only for discussion and collecting ideas of how should I arrange rooms:land.

Bo, use sketchup. It’s free and isn’t as steep🍻.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
the ninth is apparently the next big date, for sony, at least that's the speculation.

Ratchet and Clank demo was a thing of beauty, stream looked like shit, watch it somewhere else.

Our friend Alex and Df does not want to do another R+c video, they said they have covered it enough times already.

@geordiemp after a week ban, he is chomping at the bit, a couple of fud spreader have already felt his wrath.

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem made a great thread on rachet and clank screenies, you should check it out, its rather excellent.

@AeneaGames lost 40 pounds over the week in weight, then put it all back on while visiting an all you can eat restaurant, the restaurant also went out of commission that same night.

@X-Fighter after returning from an extended mental-time-out-break is still acting like the last soldier from Custer's last stand. Dedicated to the end. He also likes awards.

@Mod of War finally came out saying he likes bugsnax

I watched 4 twilight films over a couple of nights, Till the end of time, i will forever hate @Sinthor for recommending that shit to me.

I told Darklor01 Darklor01 to crank up the settings on his old pc while playing the new flight sim. Not heard from him for a few days. I suspect there has been some burnout.

a lot of general waring, fighting and the usual fun that is associated with this forum.

All in all, everyone is getting on like a house on fire.

I have been very quiet myself, just putting out fire, and making friends where ever i go. :messenger_grinning:

Alot more stuff but yer enough for now

Ps
@MasterCornholio linked something he should not off and hurt my feelings, he has been forgiven. Enough said.

I've posted on here every once and a while throughout the weekend. What's funny was, I thought you had gone MIA as well. Thought I'd find you an upside down floater in your bowl. Thank god you're alright! Phew!

I'll be a bit less active during the week for a bit. A massive amount of work to do on a company project. I'm just hoping to catch the really important updates about price and pre-order. Once I know that stuff is going live, I'm going to be putting some of my work on slow-complete mode until one is secured.

I see I've not missed anything that hasn't been going on for a while now though, so that's good!

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Clearly this discord is about some kind of military secrets or some other type of espionage, surly no one cares about what a group of fans say about a rival product?
Sure would they stayed there talking shit it would've been absolutely fine.
But that's the problem with them they've been mass reporting people contradicting their lies,creating fake insiders (like tommy fischer and maybe Osiris Black i'm not sure about him), spread the 9Tf lie, the overheating etc.....
And when a part of that toxic is a journalist that published more than questionnable content on Digital Foundry it really starts to be bad thing.

DaGwaphics

Where are they giving these XSX systems away like candy? Also, what do we have to do to get these (I do have some limits)? :messenger_beaming:

Gotta say the system looks huge when it's being held.

sircaw

Banned
I've posted on here every once and a while throughout the weekend. What's funny was, I thought you had gone MIA as well. Thought I'd find you an upside down floater in your bowl. Thank god you're alright! Phew!

I'll be a bit less active during the week for a bit. A massive amount of work to do on a company project. I'm just hoping to catch the really important updates about price and pre-order. Once I know that stuff is going live, I'm going to be putting some of my work on slow-complete mode until one is secured.

I see I've not missed anything that hasn't been going on for a while now though, so that's good!

We must be like two ships passing in the night, one of us is the titanic the others a tug boat, take your pick.

Been pretty slow here, Glad to see your still alive.

I don't know why i had to be a floater, that word worries me.

DaGwaphics

Sure would they stayed there talking shit it would've been absolutely fine.
But that's the problem with them they've been mass reporting people contradicting their lies,creating fake insiders (like tommy fischer and maybe Osiris Black i'm not sure about him), spread the 9Tf lie, the overheating etc.....
And when a part of that toxic is a journalist that published more than questionnable content on Digital Foundry it really starts to be bad thing.

Keeping it fair, didn't TF say PS5 was like 13TF. There were a lot of negative and positive rumors about both systems, still many out there as a matter of fact.

ethomaz

Banned
Where are they giving these XSX systems away like candy? Also, what do we have to do to get these (I do have some limits)? :messenger_beaming:

Gotta say the system looks huge when it's being held.
It is actually two prototypes... and the girl is MS PR employee.
It is to show the case in interview in Germany.
The girl has no ideia what is the UI or ever saw these prototype running... she was in a interview show showing them.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Keeping it fair, didn't TF say PS5 was like 13TF. There were a lot of negative and positive rumors about both systems, still many out there as a matter of fact.
Yep he did say 13 TF and do you really think it was a good thing for ps5?I think they even admitted as spreading that fake 13Tf hyping people for the sole reason to disapoint them.
We are talking about these kind of people.
But if you want to talk about bad rumors please compare the FUD list between XsX and ps5 and tell me which one is longer (considerably longer).

Edit: that tommy Fischer was either Dukeblueballs or blueneghro or something like that.

Last edited:

SSfox

Yeah I don't deny that it's a great feature and they are doing everything that they can to make it even better.

i'm glad a lot of games i wanted have their remaster version, but there are still other that don't have remaster, so i have to play them on PC (i just don't like playing on PC, but when is no choice, there isn't lol)

Guess it's time to go spam Harada to get that Tekken ultimate collection.

DaGwaphics

Yep he did say 13 TF and do you really think it was a good thing for ps5?I think they even admitted as spreading that fake 13Tf hyping people for the sole reason to disapoint them.
We are talking about these kind of people.
But if you want to talk about bad rumors please compare the FUD list between XsX and ps5 and tell me which one is longer (considerably longer).

Well, we can't be blamed if a lot more FUD just naturally fits the PS5! Nor should we be dragged for having greater expertise in the fud spreading area. This is about gaming after all, no handicaps for the unskilled.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
i'm glad a lot of games i wanted have their remaster version, but there are still other that don't have remaster, so i have to play them on PC (i just don't like playing on PC, but when is no choice, there isn't lol)

Guess it's time to go spam Harada to get that Tekken ultimate collection.
Yep I have been gaming on pc since I was a kid so I have no problem with it.since it is connected to my Tv there's really not much of a difference to me.

jimbojim

Banned

Keeping it fair, rumor that PS5 is 13TF is just a rumor, a speculation before official specs were revealed ( 13TF rumor wasn't claimed by one man, though ). But claiming that PS5 is a 9TF AFTER official spec reveal and overheating crap....well, that's totally different

Last edited:

kyliethicc

BC is only a big feature for those that love games and like to preserve their collections as new hardware comes along. Many don't want to keep 4 or 5 consoles hooked up.
I get it in the short term cause it eases the transition. Just to be clear, I think its cool when systems are backwards compatible. Its a nice perk. If all systems are in the future, thats great. Its just not that important to me.

Because the launch line up of Series X is objectively fucking awful, the focus has been put on backwards compatibility to damage control.

"Buy this $500 next gen console....to play your old 360 games"

Nice to have but dont try and sell me that shit in place of actual next gen games at a console launch.

SSfox

Best 2007 game was GOW2 easy for me. Would restart a new game a finish it again each day, for like 20 days straight. This game was so insane, and pretty much perfect in all areas of its genre, it was insane how it was running on a 7 years old PS2 hardware!! A lot of people know Cory with GOW PS4 but don't know it's actually not the first masterpiece he directed, but actually the 2nd masterpiece he directed.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Because the launch line up of Series X is objectively fucking awful, the focus has been put on backwards compatibility to damage control.

"Buy this $500 next gen console....to play your old 360 games"

Nice to have but dont try and sell me that shit in place of actual next gen games at a console launch.
yep.

btw, $500 might not be possible anymore. MS at hotchips said that their APU chip, RAM and SSD are all more expensive than the $500 x1x which was sold at a loss.

Expect $549 minimum, $599 max just because of that.

Nickolaidas

yep.

btw, $500 might not be possible anymore. MS at hotchips said that their APU chip, RAM and SSD are all more expensive than the $500 x1x which was sold at a loss.

You know, this got me thinking ...

When Phil Spencer said that X-Box won't be behind in either power or price ... what if he was talking about both Series?

Not behind in power: X Series X (stronger than PS5)
Not behind in price: X Series S (cheaper than PS5)

So we could be looking at ...

X Series S: 350-400$
PS5 Digital: 450-500$
PS5: 500-550$
X Series X: 550-600$

SlimySnake

When Phil Spencer said that X-Box won't be behind in either power or price ... what if he was talking about both Series?

yeah, thats how i perceived it too.

the xsx will be $200 cheaper than whatever the xbox ends up being and the ps5 digital will be $100 cheaper. MS better hope that the xsx is $499 or a $399 or even a $349 lockhart going up against the $399 DE is going to look really bad. Basically, MS has to hope that the PS5 Physical is at least $499-549 or they are fucked.

THE:MILKMAN

yep.

I'm not sure higher pricing is what MS was actually saying or preparing the masses for. Though of course they can price the thing at whatever level they like, I think the point of that slide was that costs have risen with the new node etc (obviously) but the usual things that cost reduced over time (like RAM) had slowed/stopped and this explained what they did to mitigate it and cover the extra cost of the silicon. Using the SoC in Azure is another huge cost saving here too. That was my take anyway...

But lets see. Microsoft are seemingly in a tough spot right now and having the highest price would just take the biscuit....

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Man, today's no news day feels even more no-news-like than most Mondays thanks to the rumors of things happening this week. I have to keep reminding myself we're not quite in September yet. Brutal!

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

100% what Phil meant as the XSS has been on the drawing board for a long time.

The XSS is going to be $299 btw :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom