• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Md Ray

Ok, I am going to post two pics and I am waiting on more (back, triggers and light bar). I compared measurements to the current DS4, and it appears the grips on this mockup/prototype/or elaborate fake are indeed fatter. One thing that is making me a little suspicious, is that the connection ports are the same as the DS4, but that could be for legacy usage, and the extra "hole" Cerny mentioned does not appear to be present like the patent pictures. Now that could be either moved to a different location, thus waiting on more pics.

Otherwise, outside of a few minor perceivable aesthetic differences, it appears to look the same. And why on a Vaio? I thought they were out of production, at least with the Sony branding, no?

I will let Detective GAF do their diligence:

tIYN09a.png

zFFCrpp.png
Those are thicc grips.

Banned
Ok, I am going to post two pics and I am waiting on more (back, triggers and light bar). I compared measurements to the current DS4, and it appears the grips on this mockup/prototype/or elaborate fake are indeed fatter. One thing that is making me a little suspicious, is that the connection ports are the same as the DS4, but that could be for legacy usage, and the extra "hole" Cerny mentioned does not appear to be present like the patent pictures. Now that could be either moved to a different location, thus waiting on more pics.

Otherwise, outside of a few minor perceivable aesthetic differences, it appears to look the same. And why on a Vaio? I thought they were out of production, at least with the Sony branding, no?

tIYN09a.png

zFFCrpp.png

OKAAAY.... Uhm... these look either extremely unfinished or ridiculously fake...

for one in every official material by sony patents and stuff the touchpad was always flat all the way up to the top and it stuck out a bit on top. that is also true for the first dev kit leak images we had, there the controller seen next to it also hat a flat touchpad.

41MEz1C.png

oEuNY7x.png

so these look fake or very very early to me. a flat touch pad would be a logical evolution as that weird rounded off top always annoyed me.

Last edited:

Dargor

tIYN09a.png

zFFCrpp.png

It looks like a chubbier ds4

demigod

It looks exactly like the DS4. I have the DS4 here at work and just compared it with that pic. The handles are definitely thicker, the touchpad is just a little bit smaller.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Salute, King OsirisBlack OsirisBlack . I hope to show this map of my current motherboard that might help you understand any problems you're facing with Sli/Crossfire, my Lord:

147694.png

Most Sli's and Crossfires are worthless. Not sure of what kinda motherboard you're using, but you better look it up as I first wanted to put 2 NVMe M.2's then canceled it when I saw it would draw power out of the main GPU. Not to mention that the second GPU, which already uses half of possible power, would draw from the main (1st) GPU, causing up to 25% loss. Have both a sli/crossfire and second NVMe m.2 and you've official done fucked it up... sorry meant it's not worth your effort, my lord.

Not questioning your knowledge, my Lord, only tried to be helpful.

3r9jfd.jpg

Sitting here trying to catch up on the forum and run across this..... Conan the Barbarian is one of my favorite movies of all time and still (in my opinion) Has one of the best scores ever.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It looks exactly like the DS4. I have the DS4 here at work and just compared it with that pic. The handles are definitely thicker, the touchpad is just a little bit smaller.

I personally don't expect it to change too much other than size like they mentioned, the internals for the adaptive triggers and haptic vibration, and battery life like they said. Same with MS and their controller which only added the share button.

And goodness, clean that damned controller!

MonkeyPunch

Neo Member

tIYN09a.png

zFFCrpp.png
should put a pic of tha usb charging port...

Sitting here trying to catch up on the forum and run across this..... Conan the Barbarian is one of my favorite movies of all time and still (in my opinion) Has one of the best scores ever.

What was the decision taken in the Last Meeting at the Insiders International Committee ? Your pics Will be released in march 12-15 ?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

tIYN09a.png

zFFCrpp.png
That was....anti-climatic....if that was everything which landed in your inbox.

SSfox

tIYN09a.png

zFFCrpp.png

Noice, i needed a feed like this.

PS: some people really expected drastic changes between DS4 and DS5? ...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Mr Moose

More speaker holes in the old dev kit controller. This "new" one has same amount as DS4 but those grips seem fatter for sure (just compared them to my controller).

Banned
just as a comparison because the handles look so thiccccc compared to the normal DS4:

this could also just be an optical illusion, look at this replacement shell for the DualShock 4 this also looks thicker than my DS4 when I look at it IRL:
61FumcKA5XL._SL1200_.jpg

this is only a front shell replacement, so the photo could either be using a thicccccer 3rd party shell or the photo makes them look thicccccc

Last edited:

chigstoke

Hello OsirisBlack OsirisBlack it is me, your long lost brother that you were not aware existed. I remember on one of my birthdays at some time i made a wish that you would provide me information on the next gen consoles, and I would like to enact this wish immediately

If you do not send me the info’s then I will invoice you through PayPal for the time spent on making the wish. Consider this a ‘brotherly gesture’.

thank you brother👨‍👦❤️

OsirisBlack

Banned
Yes.

Theres a massive private talk among the insiders community in wich secret infos are shared, and Just a few gaffers joined the party like our brother @Insane Metal

Theres even an International Insiders Committee in wich OsirisBlack OsirisBlack is in charge as the president and our boy @Tommy Fisher is the official spokesman, while @BGs is one of our great sources of leaks from the devs community.

I had no Idea about the results of the Last Meeting to vote wether or not the pics Will be officially released around 12-15 march
you left out HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 and Shhhhh.

OsirisBlack OsirisBlack thoughts on the controller?

I have nothing to say I did not get to use the DS5 and that pic looks like a DS4 to me. I'm on lunch so I cant grab my controller or really get a good look at it on my phone.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Yes.

Theres a massive private talk among the insiders community in wich secret infos are shared, and Just a few gaffers joined the party like our brother @Insane Metal

Theres even an International Insiders Committee in wich OsirisBlack OsirisBlack is in charge as the president and our boy @Tommy Fisher is the official spokesman, while @BGs is one of our great sources of leaks from the devs community.

I had no Idea about the results of the Last Meeting to vote wether or not the pics Will be officially released around 12-15 march

March 12-15 😂😂foh keep tht shit if we got to wait tht long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom