• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ12

I have nothing to say I did not get to use the DS5 and that pic looks like a DS4 to me. I'm on lunch so I cant grab my controller or really get a good look at it on my phone.
The grips are effeminately thicker.
Hmm.....something tells me that this was kinda photo-shopped, look at the red arrow pointer that I have put, it's like there's no shadows or like an ambient occlusion effect (LMAO!!).....Or maybe I'm bugging out, but it looks real.

fE0hGHb.png
It's more the thumb sticks that are a give away. The light source is coming from the left so you aren't going to get any shadows there.

Things that are different from the other shots attached to the devkit are the touch pad appears smaller, the thumb sticks are not in line with the bottom line of the plastic and there are less holes for the speaker in the controller. The grips are larger though, and similar if not the same as the ones on the devkit. I guess this could be a later revision though, with the haptics and shizzle shrunk down, or placed better for a slightly less "bulky" appearance. I am not convinced though, but who knows, there's might prove to be spot on.

More info required, but looking more like a DS4 than the patents of the DS5 and the ones connected to the devkits.

TBiddy

So report them. We are not getting much reports in here. While I don't necessarily disagree, the community needs to express this via report usage.

It’s rarely something that is outside the rules. Just a lot of snarky remarks from both sides of the fence, not necessarily something that warrants any action. Perhaps the ignore-button is the way to go.

demigod

I've DS4 in front of me as well, there's the Thiccness as you said, isn't already enough? It's like let's act surprise DS5 looks similar to DS4 and totally forget that DS1,2,3 we're pretty similar too (for good reasons at the time tho), gotcha. Without mentioning that there's been already many sources that said DS5 will look overall similar to DS4 in form.

You just said it doesn't look like the DS4, wtf is wrong with you? That pic looks more like the DS4 then the DS4 looking like DS3,2,1.

Mr Moose

It looks like a thicker DS4 to me but the pic doesn't look photoshopped. The earlier leaked prototype has more holes for the speaker (near the PS button) and more blocky near the touchpad. This could be a retail DS5, I guess, or a custom DS4.

It does look phattyshopped, doesn't it?

The speaker hole count doesn't match up with A) the Ubisoft leak and B) the DS5 patents that have been posted. Why would Sony remove a speaker hole from their existing controllers with dev kits and patents??????

Why are they still using the proprietary ext plug next to the headphone jack?

Also, why does that controller look very similar to this iFixit fake (just diff color)?

G1fdd1WnvEQL4TkM.huge

RaySoft

Ok, I am going to post two pics and I am waiting on more (back, triggers and light bar). I compared measurements to the current DS4, and it appears the grips on this mockup/prototype/or elaborate fake are indeed fatter. One thing that is making me a little suspicious, is that the connection ports are the same as the DS4, but that could be for legacy usage, and the extra "hole" Cerny mentioned does not appear to be present like the patent pictures. Now that could be either moved to a different location, thus waiting on more pics.

Otherwise, outside of a few minor perceivable aesthetic differences, it appears to look the same. And why on a Vaio? I thought they were out of production, at least with the Sony branding, no?

I will let Detective GAF do their diligence:

tIYN09a.png

zFFCrpp.png
My two cents.. DS4 prototype.. Sony Vaio's was hot in 2013;-)

Mr Moose

Looks like a bigger one than the other. Shouldn't they be the same?

OyYFKUU.jpg
The right side of mine looks bigger.
Edit: I can't be sure if my mind is playing tricks on me lol, I'm going to dive into photoshop and see if I can measure each side of the official DS4 circles
Just checked on a DS4 pic, they are the same size, my eyes are playing tricks on me lol

Last edited:

LiquidRex

So we have two pics of a controller that looks surprisingly like the D4 and a sketch of a Ball shaped console that looks like a Sony Speaker I have at home 🤔 🤔 🤔

Are these the things we've been waiting for?
Why a VAIO laptop in shot 🤔

And if its all a joke I've just missed... Sorry I've been away the past 3 hrs.

Last edited:

demigod

Ok, I am going to post two pics and I am waiting on more (back, triggers and light bar). I compared measurements to the current DS4, and it appears the grips on this mockup/prototype/or elaborate fake are indeed fatter. One thing that is making me a little suspicious, is that the connection ports are the same as the DS4, but that could be for legacy usage, and the extra "hole" Cerny mentioned does not appear to be present like the patent pictures. Now that could be either moved to a different location, thus waiting on more pics.

Otherwise, outside of a few minor perceivable aesthetic differences, it appears to look the same. And why on a Vaio? I thought they were out of production, at least with the Sony branding, no?

I will let Detective GAF do their diligence:

tIYN09a.png

I'm gonna have to go with fake on this. Look how pointy the bottom right grip is.

Stillmatic

Sad to say but it's fake. There are enough clone artifacts that lead me to believe it has been shopped. A quick easy one to point out when comparing both pics is someone has made the touch-pad larger in the top down pic, so the gap between the share and options button is small, whereas in the the angled view it more reflects the gap of a DS4.

Last edited:

SSfox

The speaker hole count doesn't match up with A) the Ubisoft leak and B) the DS5 patents that have been posted. Why would Sony remove a speaker hole from their existing controllers with dev kits and patents??????

Why are they still using the proprietary ext plug next to the headphone jack?

Also, why does that controller look very similar to this iFixit fake (just diff color)?

G1fdd1WnvEQL4TkM.huge

Isn't possible that Sony may do few changes for the PAD to test the best form possible? Don't they usually do many tests for many pad before finalizing the last form and features of the Pad, and that's how they done in the past? (mostly for DS1 and DS4)

splattered

Ok so Tommy is fake like several members have been saying this whole time... who else has been saying 13tf+ and have they gotten anything else right? And are they basing their 13tf off of Tommy here as an insider?

Guessing XsX 12tf RDNA2 was easy because Microsoft and AMD already hinted and gave that info away...

From this point I'm only gonna halfway believe ps5 leakers that have gotten anything right specifically with Sony information which I think is... next to no one?

Last edited:
Isn't possible that Sony may do few changes for the PAD to test the best form possible? Don't they usually do many tests for many pad before finalizing the last form and features of the Pad, and that's how they done in the past? (mostly for DS1 and DS4)

Of course they iterate, but they don't patent it. The main issue is that there is absolutely nothing different from this pad and the DS4 other than making the handles slightly bigger which can be via PS or a third party shell like I posted. Why would Sony go with the exact same port configuration on this controller when peripherals have changed.

Also, notice the strange absence of a top down picture. The lightbar is apparently gone on the DS5. Why would you not include that in your photo unless the controller still has a lightbar.

No lightbar would add significant support to its authenticity. Instead we got two top down and slightly angled photos. The person obviously had time for better ones as they pulled out a Vaio but went with these. I wonder why.

Button color doesn't match the latest DS4 or the dev kit images. Why would Sony go back to the Grey buttons and sticks when they moved away from it. Also, why are they using that terrible thumbstick cover which failed??

Last edited:
BOTH is the key word here. AMD never stated that BOTH use RDNA2, and the now often linked quote doesn't either. It does if you bend grammar and infer intent
You are not slow. You are nitpicking. The article is about RDNA 2 technology for raytracing in both next gen. No one is picking apart that reads it correctly. You would have problems getting a state license for something on an exam. They rip you apart with common sense questions. You have to not overthink for 4 hours straight. People who try to break up sentences and not see the whole picture fail. Seriously no disrespect but you've got to be better about tour critical thinking.

SSfox

I'm not gonna assume it's fake or not. Or is Tommy Legit or not.

The Specs reveal is gonna the final showdown, everybody will either apologize and pray Tommy, or Tommy will have a not very nice ending (which i don't hope him so lol)

We shouldn't judge anyone until the ps5 specs are released. When he submitted the picture to Mod of War Mod of War , the patent for the DS5 did not yet exist. However, it must be noted that he did not withdraw the picture himself when the DS5 patent was published.

Lets try to be fair.

This

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom