• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Sony has legit done this to me
source.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Point is we would know. No point in speculating about it so much.

How would "we know" if they don't have to go public?

We don't even know console specs and those are more out in the wild. No point in speculating. :pie_roffles::messenger_ok:

True, i remember back then when all the discussion around Tommys leak broke down in the thread, someone managed to dig up Finlands law concerning the matter and it was conveniently disregard... much like the poster that claimed finding that most of Remedys stock belongs to the employees!?...
Maybe someone could dig up the quotes, I'm on phone and it's a pain doing it.

Yep, exactly.

You got a studio head putting Sony's XDev and WWS in his Linkedin and other profiles. That is pretty compelling. Even if deals fall through, there is some bit of smoke with that.

Last edited:

Mendou

Banned

Playground Games showing FH4 4K/120fps on XSX
I hope they add Ray Tracing with the next Froza Horizon game like what Turn 10 is rumored to be doing with Forza Motorsport. FH4 running at 4k 120fps sounds pretty insane considering that it runs at 30fps 1080p for the Xbox One S and 30fps 4k for the Xbox One X. It reminds me of what OsirisBlack said a while back when we hit 1000 pages:

I sit the controller down (I'm about to die again anyways) "The game is definitely running at 60fps" he shakes his head at me "No its running at 90fps locked. native 4k." dumb stare "On which machine?" he smiles "Both of them."

I hope they add Ray Tracing with the next Froza Horizon game like what Turn 10 is rumored to be doing with Forza Motorsport. FH4 running at 4k 120fps sounds pretty insane considering that it runs at 30fps 1080p for the Xbox One S and 30fps 4k for the Xbox One X. It reminds me of what OsirisBlack said a while back when we hit 1000 pages:
That was not a racer but rather a shooter like rainbow six or black ops 5

McHuj

Has AMD announced any product in prior investor days?

I suspect we may get a window for big Navi launch and maybe Ryzen 4, but I'm not expecting any actual product launches. It will just be cheerleading about how great AMD is and how great their products are (that are shipping in the second half of the year).

Fun Fanboy

Banned
This answer is a bit melancholic.

Initially I wasn't kidding. I presented a random example that crossed my mind. I will not say where that number came from. But it was an example. Then, from that example, some users made jokes with the number, and as a courtesy I continued joking with them. But everyone knows that he has followed the thread.

I cannot be responsible for giving someone an example and that example be used as absolute truth to generate news. That is a problem of those who want to manipulate or of those who do not want to read correctly. I think I've always been quite clear about it. Maybe what I can be to blame is for not writing correctly in English. But I think we all have an age to know how to interpret what is being said.

Likewise, the exact TFs that the commercial version of PS5 has, only Sony itself and its close circle knows. But having said all this of the TFs will have some relativity (as it always has). The important thing is the useful power and skill of the developer (I've always said it).

EXAMPLE
"You" can be boasting that you charge $ 12,000, but in practice, with the application of taxes, you can only spend $ 10,560.

In any case, if you lived well with $ ~2,000 imagine how well you will live with $ +10,000.

If the final version of PS5 is 13.8TF I hope that mine comes marked with a message similar to "for BGs with all my love. Mark Cerny".

I am sorry if this disappoints those who have not read the thread carefully, but I have "little" hope of seeing that message printed on the back of the console.

More seriously, I have the sad news that one of our projects has been canceled by the Coronavirus (I know that it matters little here but I am sad). It was intended for medicine and it has been decided that budgets be relocated to more important things right now. It is bad news, but logically necessary. Later we hope to return to retake it. I hope and wish that other development studies will not be affected by the same in their respective projects.

Take public health guidelines seriously to solve the problem as soon as possible.

-To cough or sneeze inside the elbow.
-Keep your hands clean.

Forget the masks, the virus only lives in the air which takes gravity to attract it to the ground.

Message sponsored by WHO.
LOL!

and, no not that the project is canned. The 13.8 TF stuff is what I'm chuckling about.

Last edited:
Klob is a fraud he posts shit on twitter now cause nobody can fact check him. Remember when Typhoon games was supposed to become a Microsoft studio and the studio founder just laughed in Klob's face and then they got bought by google.

They'd of been better off with Microsoft going by how Stadia's faring these days.

We don't even know console specs and those are more out in the wild. No point in speculating. :pie_roffles::messenger_ok:

Yep, exactly.

You got a studio head putting Sony's XDev and WWS in his Linkedin and other profiles. That is pretty compelling. Even if deals fall through, there is some bit of smoke with that.

So then that asks the question, did he say the rumor before or after those people started listing those companies in their Linkedins? Because if it was after the fact, then it doesn't really make it an "insider rumor", as practically anyone could've looked up the pages for those employees and drawn the conclusion, then spread it as a rumor. Regardless it would've been spawned from publicly available information (just like a few of his other rumors, funnily enough).

What would make ascertaining the time scale even more difficult is that, to an extent, you can't definitively say if that was a rumor they had from insider info or publicly available info because they could've taken advantage of the fact no one else who actively posts on the forum was actually bothering to keep track of those employee's Linkedin account info. So there's the chance they could've had those things listed in their info well before T.F got to it, but he was the only one interested/curious enough to actually take a look at the right time, and go from there.

Or, other employees could've been referencing XDev/WWS/Sony etc. in other online accounts of theirs, including social media. If it was happening enough times, or a few times at a very particular timing window of other circumstantial events (around the time Control actually came out it was reportedly not selling too well and Remedy were looking to be in some financial trouble. So a company that was more or less MS-only up to the release, goes multiplatform, the game doesn't do too hot and now rumors swirl they could even shut down. A natural inclination is to speculate that perhaps Sony could buy them because Remedy's portfolio fits a template style in line with Sony's story-driven games and by Control already being multi-platform the natural assumption is that Microsoft was not interested in continuing a tightly coupled partnership with them (or pick them up as a 1st party studio)), then it would've been an easy rumor to generate and would be coming off of publicly available info and speculation.

That's why with all these types of rumors, you have to really consider the possibilities of how they came about in the first place. For this rumor in particular, it's not hard to figure that T.F was very likely not the first person to speculate Sony could've been considering picking up Remedy.

Last edited:
Has AMD announced any product in prior investor days?

I suspect we may get a window for big Navi launch and maybe Ryzen 4, but I'm not expecting any actual product launches. It will just be cheerleading about how great AMD is and how great their products are (that are shipping in the second half of the year).
No just launch dates and some explanation as what they are and their forecast .

hemo memo

I didn’t know they sign NDA’s on not to disclose that you got bought and keep it a secret out of forum fans forever.

Klob is a fraud he posts shit on twitter now cause nobody can fact check him. Remember when Typhoon games was supposed to become a Microsoft studio and the studio founder just laughed in Klob's face and then they got bought by google.
While I tend to agree that Klob is not an insider and a PR piece, if I remember the situation you're describing correctly he said he heard that Typhoon games was being bought and then said he had heard months previously that MS had been in talks with them. Then they got bought and the studio founder laughed about it. But they were bought and MS was in talks with them at one time as MS was in talks with lots of studios about purchasing. Not really a "fraud" moment.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Take public health guidelines seriously to solve the problem as soon as possible.

-To cough or sneeze inside the elbow.
-Keep your hands clean.

Forget the masks, the virus only lives in the air which takes gravity to attract it to the ground.

Message sponsored by WHO.

Can someone explain the bolded to me? I know english isn't BGs BGs first language, but what does he mean gravity attracts it to the ground?

splattered

You take this shit way too seriously dude, chill out on attacking people for speculating and having fun on the interwebz please.

Banned
Why would ANYBODY want a FH4 game to run at 4K and 120fps? Why not native 4K\60 with RT on instead?

why not have options?

also Forza Horizon 4's reflections and lighting is already good enough for what the game is, so raytracing reflections and shadows wouldn't make the game drastically look better.
cars already reflect most of the environment in semi-realtime and with good enough detail, and for racing games using SSR on water surfaces also works for the most part as you can't really move the camera up and down, which is where SSR has the most issues.

so RT in Forza Horizon 4 would certainly make the game look slightly better, but 120fps would make it play better.

in the end a toggle would be optimal in this specific case where you choose graphics or framerate.

ANIMAL1975

They said Next generation RDNA. If all we know about is RDNA 1 and 2, then the "Next Gen" one must be RDNA 2. Unless you guys are implying there is a secret RDNA 3. It's possible that PS5 and XSX might both have similarities to RDNA and RDNA 2 to varying degrees and are basically both RDNA 1.5
If you think about it, RDNA was/is also the nex generation from GCN. Those AMD, Sony and Microsoft pr announcements are so old that could be really implying that _ and saving the RDNA2 surprise for the future reveals.

..according to the article (you read it right ;/ ) - the bounce back from a seasonal drop didn't occur this year. .. and though I agree with your potion about central government managing pollution - that looks like a total shutdown to me..

.. and though TSMC is in Taiwan, assembly is in china, typically Shenzen - which is the mainland zone next to Hong Kong - also very affected.

I don't consider consumer electronic system assembly to be part of semiconductor manufacturing.

Assembly also doesn't produce any meaningful quantity of chemical emissions like NOx.

I think no one pays attention, the guy said the PS5 is a high end console which means as high as the series X.

Does 9.2tf vs 12tf mean a high end vs a high end?? Ofc no it means a mid vs a high end console. So plz pay attention to what these people are saying & stop the nonsense about the 9.2tf. smh
He9LpsV.jpg

ZhugeEX also shouldn't forget that MS had multiple entry points this gen with XB1(S), XB1X and Windows PC and it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

So calling it a wildcard doesn't seem to be all that accurate, given it's a scenario we've seen already.

splattered

I don't consider consumer electronic system assembly to be part of semiconductor manufacturing.

Assembly also doesn't produce any meaningful quantity of chemical emissions like NOx.

ZhugeEX also shouldn't forget that MS had multiple entry points this gen with XB1(S), XB1X and Windows PC and it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

So calling it a wildcard doesn't seem to be all that accurate, given it's a scenario we've seen already.

Not the same thing... Xbox One was the lead platform beginning of last gen along with vanilla PS4. XB1S evolved from that and became entry point once XsX came out.

If Lockhart is real (which I dont think it is) then they would actually be starting this gen with two legitimate next gen technologically equipped systems at varying specs and prices.

Not new but shitty, then later still old but spec'd much better, and also PC.

It will be new, new, new with different price points and capabilities.

Not the same thing... Xbox One was the lead platform beginning of last gen along with vanilla PS4. XB1S evolved from that and became entry point once XsX came out.

If Lockhart is real (which I dont think it is) then they would actually be starting this gen with two legitimate next gen technologically equipped systems at varying specs and prices.

Not new but shitty, then later still old but spec'd much better, and also PC.

It will be new, new, new with different price points and capabilities.

The distinctions you raise mean very little to the average consumer.

XB1 and XB1X played the same games but with difference performance profiles.

XSX and XSS will allegedly do the same.

Commercially there's very little difference from product on the market perspective.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
BGs BGs Im sorry about the project cancellation and I do hope your team gets to pick it back up at a later date. I do want to thank you for all of your insight and love the puberty riddle a few pages back. Also thank you for saying what you can when you can. Have a good day.”A true leak is always true at a specific time and under specific circumstances.” Poetic. Last thing thanks for the help with my PC but I do now feel cheated buying both of those gpus.

Salute, King OsirisBlack OsirisBlack . I hope to show this map of my current motherboard that might help you understand any problems you're facing with Sli/Crossfire, my Lord:

147694.png

Most Sli's and Crossfires are worthless. Not sure of what kinda motherboard you're using, but you better look it up as I first wanted to put 2 NVMe M.2's then canceled it when I saw it would draw power out of the main GPU. Not to mention that the second GPU, which already uses half of possible power, would draw from the main (1st) GPU, causing up to 25% loss. Have both a sli/crossfire and second NVMe m.2 and you've official done fucked it up... sorry meant it's not worth your effort, my lord.

Not questioning your knowledge, my Lord, only tried to be helpful.

3r9jfd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom