• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGs

Industry Professional
I can’t speak for BGs BGs or anybody else for that matter, sorry. I think at one point he was joking about 13.8 and ...

This answer is a bit melancholic.

Initially I wasn't kidding. I presented a random example that crossed my mind. I will not say where that number came from. But it was an example. Then, from that example, some users made jokes with the number, and as a courtesy I continued joking with them. But everyone knows that he has followed the thread.

I cannot be responsible for giving someone an example and that example be used as absolute truth to generate news. That is a problem of those who want to manipulate or of those who do not want to read correctly. I think I've always been quite clear about it. Maybe what I can be to blame is for not writing correctly in English. But I think we all have an age to know how to interpret what is being said.

Likewise, the exact TFs that the commercial version of PS5 has, only Sony itself and its close circle knows. But having said all this of the TFs will have some relativity (as it always has). The important thing is the useful power and skill of the developer (I've always said it).

EXAMPLE
"You" can be boasting that you charge $ 12,000, but in practice, with the application of taxes, you can only spend $ 10,560.

In any case, if you lived well with $ ~2,000 imagine how well you will live with $ +10,000.

If the final version of PS5 is 13.8TF I hope that mine comes marked with a message similar to "for BGs with all my love. Mark Cerny".

I am sorry if this disappoints those who have not read the thread carefully, but I have "little" hope of seeing that message printed on the back of the console.

More seriously, I have the sad news that one of our projects has been canceled by the Coronavirus (I know that it matters little here but I am sad). It was intended for medicine and it has been decided that budgets be relocated to more important things right now. It is bad news, but logically necessary. Later we hope to return to retake it. I hope and wish that other development studies will not be affected by the same in their respective projects.

Take public health guidelines seriously to solve the problem as soon as possible.

-To cough or sneeze inside the elbow.
-Keep your hands clean.

Forget the masks, the virus only lives in the air which takes gravity to attract it to the ground.

Message sponsored by WHO.

Gamernyc78

Banned

Initially I wasn't kidding. I presented a random example that crossed my mind. I will not say where that number came from. But it was an example. Then, from that example, some users made jokes with the number, and as a courtesy I continued joking with them. But everyone knows that he has followed the thread.

I cannot be responsible for giving someone an example and that example be used as absolute truth to generate news. That is a problem of those who want to manipulate or of those who do not want to read correctly. I think I've always been quite clear about it. Maybe what I can be to blame is for not writing correctly in English. But I think we all have an age to know how to interpret what is being said.

Likewise, the exact TFs that the commercial version of PS5 has, only Sony itself and its close circle knows. But having said all this of the TFs will have some relativity (as it always has). The important thing is the useful power and skill of the developer (I've always said it).

EXAMPLE
"You" can be boasting that you charge $ 12,000, but in practice, with the application of taxes, you can only spend $ 10,560.

In any case, if you lived well with $ ~2,000 imagine how well you will live with $ +10,000.

If the final version of PS5 is 13.8TF I hope that mine comes marked with a message similar to "for BGs with all my love. Mark Cerny".

I am sorry if this disappoints those who have not read the thread carefully, but I have "little" hope of seeing that message printed on the back of the console.

More seriously, I have the sad news that one of our projects has been canceled by the Coronavirus (I know that it matters little here but I am sad). It was intended for medicine and it has been decided that budgets be relocated to more important things right now. It is bad news, but logically necessary. Later we hope to return to retake it. I hope and wish that other development studies will not be affected by the same in their respective projects.

Take public health guidelines seriously to solve the problem as soon as possible.

-Keep your hands clean.

Forget the masks, the virus only lives in the air which takes gravity to attract it to the ground.

Only morons would have not understood that your 13.8 reference was just an example. I mean you made it clear after the post. What we do and have inferred is tht PSV is getting close to 13tf or is double digits which is great.

Sorry about your canceled project.

Last edited:

DrDamn

they didn't they always called it "Next Generation RDNA", which is the exact same terminology AMD also used many times to refer to RDNA2

AMD have been mostly calling it RDNA2. I've seen only one instance where they referred to it as next-gen RDNA. There are still a few question marks over how RDNA2 XSX actually is.

LED Guy?

Banned

EXAMPLE

-Keep your hands clean.

Thank you for your contributions to this thread, my man, It's sad to know that your project got cancelled, I hope you find a much better future, have a good one, man.

Last edited:

Banned
AMD have been mostly calling it RDNA2. I've seen only one instance where they referred to it as next-gen RDNA. There are still a few question marks over how RDNA2 XSX actually is.

they called it Next Generation RDNA so many times that people were unsure the final name will be RDNA2...

only recently have they actually referred to it as RDNA2 more consistently.

they called it Big Navi, Next Generation RDNA and RDNA2, these are the terms used by AMD.
and on stage I'm pretty sure they never actually called it RDNA2, only on slides of future plans etc.

whenever someone spoke about it they used the terminology "Next Generation RDNA"

Microsoft only ever referred to their console's GPU as "Next Generation RDNA"

ANIMAL1975

Thank you for your contributions to this thread, my man, It's sad to know that your project got cancelled, I hope you find a much better future, have a good one, man.
I think it wasn't his project that was canceled. If remember correctly he was working on a VR game, and his company also does vr related work for the medical industry. That's the canceled project.

Banned
AMD themselves says RDNA 2 is the revision of RDNA to add support to Ray-tracing lol
That since RDNA release.

RDNA2 also shifts from 7nm to 7nm+ and will have efficiency improvements.

and I bet there will be PC cards that will be labeled as RDNA2 cards that will not have any raytracing hardware.
so are these then not "real" RDNA2 cards?

newbong95

EXAMPLE

Quite an example it seems 😉

OsirisBlack

Banned
BGs BGs Im sorry about the project cancellation and I do hope your team gets to pick it back up at a later date. I do want to thank you for all of your insight and love the puberty riddle a few pages back. Also thank you for saying what you can when you can. Have a good day.”A true leak is always true at a specific time and under specific circumstances.” Poetic. Last thing thanks for the help with my PC but I do now feel cheated buying both of those gpus.

Interesting... did you also see one of the comments with the link to Sony Japan page, where it states RDNA. Why doesn't it say RDNA2? What do the insiders think of this?

Could be loose lingo and the page written by a marketing person who doesn't know the tech that well, but it is an "odd" way of saying RDNA2 given it's their official page and you'd think top brass would make very clear to concisely list what things actually are so as not to cause any confusion, especially when there isn't much info present in the first place.

But yeah, aside of that, it's March 3 here on East Coast....where's this PS5 reveal event at? C'mon 4Chan, you said it'd be today so let's gooooo!

it's not gonna happen

DrDamn

they called it Next Generation RDNA so many times that people were unsure the final name will be RDNA2...

only recently have they actually referred to it as RDNA2 more consistently.

6 months ago https://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/134732-amd-roadmaps-featuring-zen-4-rdna2-shared/

they called it Big Navi, Next Generation RDNA and RDNA2, these are the terms used by AMD.
and on stage I'm pretty sure they never actually called it RDNA2, only on slides of future plans etc.

Just slides of future plans like the link above - i.e. where you were only ever going to refer to it? Their messaging on what any of these terms actually mean is confused as you like.

Microsoft only ever referred to their console's GPU as "Next Generation RDNA"

Except for now obviously.

For me its not so much about the TF count as much as it is what Sony does . If Sony wants to play it safe after being on-top last gen (even after taking $ for plus and increasing those costs) then I won;t be partaking in their next console.
I usually buy two (of the same type) day one for my home. I do not buy both consoles, I see no value in that at all and I left MS last gen so I am not going back (ever) .

If the PS5 is an overclocked 36-40CU or < 11.5 TF then I'll just stick with my current PS4's until my Plus account runs dry ( think I have 3 years left ) and then call it quits.

I have no doubt that Sony will still have some great games but I have no intentions of taking possession of a room heater .

Fake

Everyone even Microsoft talk about seX being a RDNA... They never mention the version until Uncle Phil blog reveal RDNA 2.0.

Could be loose lingo and the page written by a marketing person who doesn't know the tech that well, but it is an "odd" way of saying RDNA2 given it's their official page and you'd think top brass would make very clear to concisely list what things actually are so as not to cause any confusion, especially when there isn't much info present in the first place.

But yeah, aside of that, it's March 3 here on East Coast....where's this PS5 reveal event at? C'mon 4Chan, you said it'd be today so let's gooooo!

it's not gonna happen

Tomorrow is PS2s 20th anniversary. Maybe tomorrow. :D

BatSu

Forza8 4K/120fps ...

PchB2WgP1aKc0.gif

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Everyone even Microsoft talk about seX being a RDNA... They never mention the version until Uncle Phil blog reveal RDNA 2.0.
They said Next generation RDNA. If all we know about is RDNA 1 and 2, then the "Next Gen" one must be RDNA 2. Unless you guys are implying there is a secret RDNA 3. It's possible that PS5 and XSX might both have similarities to RDNA and RDNA 2 to varying degrees and are basically both RDNA 1.5

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Phil is just winging it, I don't think he knew what Xbox Series X was gonna be until the Wired article lol

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Not in Finland. People already posted laws on here last time this rumor came about. Do a search.

In Finland you do not need to disclose to the public right away like you do in the US, especially if there is ongoing arrangements still being made.

Point is we would know. No point in speculating about it so much.

LiquidRex

I have a feeling the PS5 will be 9.2tfs, or even lower if they're having stability issues.... And Ray Tracing will be downgraded compared to Xbox series X too, due to less CU's available 🤔

If my gut is proven wrong, then feel free to punch me in it. 👊💪👍

Last edited:

hardseppo

Damn Sony, please end our pain and release the specs and show some glimpse of next-gen games. Is that too much to ask for? I wanna see games, not just some controller.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I think no one pays attention, the guy said the PS5 is a high end console which means as high as the series X.

Does 9.2tf vs 12tf mean a high end vs a high end?? Ofc no it means a mid vs a high end console. So plz pay attention to what these people are saying & stop the nonsense about the 9.2tf. smh
He9LpsV.jpg

I would still consider 9.2tf, SSD and zen 2 to be high end.

ANIMAL1975

Not in Finland. People already posted laws on here last time this rumor came about. Do a search.

In Finland you do not need to disclose to the public right away like you do in the US, especially if there is ongoing arrangements still being made.
True, i remember back then when all the discussion around Tommys leak broke down in the thread, someone managed to dig up Finlands law concerning the matter and it was conveniently disregard... much like the poster that claimed finding that most of Remedys stock belongs to the employees!?...
Maybe someone could dig up the quotes, I'm on phone and it's a pain doing it.

xool

Question, from what is known, what's the equivalent of what is rumored to be the next gen cpu's?
In the worse case, based on the "flute" benchmark leak,(8 core 16 thread, 1.6GHz base, 3.2GHz boost), about equivalent to a Zen (1) 1700X (search this thread for "flute") , but we've been promised Zen2 which should be much better.

Nobody talks about it, but there's a possibility we get nerfed Zen2 because thermals or something. Expectation should be similar to a Ryzen 3700, at "sensible" clocks, say 3.5GHz, don't expect higher. It could be a lot worse though (slim chance imo, but possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom