• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next gen Fifa made available from today (4th Dec)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-21/news/fifa-21-next-level-deep-dive

Originally planned for the 10th I think, can be downloaded from today

Hi everyone!

With under two weeks to go until the launch of FIFA 21 on Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, we want to take some time to give you a special in-depth look at what you’ll be in store for when you first load the game up at release on December 4th. From stunning player visuals to lightning fast load times, immersive haptic controls (with Playstation 5 DualSense™) to stadiums that come alive before, during and after the game, every matchday in FIFA 21 will feel even more real than ever before.

Welcome to next-gen FIFA 21.

As anyone who’s played or watched the sport will know, getting around the pitch gets much harder throughout the 90 minutes of a match. The adaptive triggers on the DualSense controller allow us to increase trigger resistance as stamina drains, meaning you’ll feel the effects of players’ tiredness as their fitness decreases throughout the game. This is only available on PlayStation 5, and we’re excited for you to feel the difference the DualSense makes to FIFA 21, pulling you into the intensity of a match in ways that weren’t possible before.

Our teams have worked hard on Push-Pull Physics, with an expanded player interaction system that brings our Real Player Motion Technology (RPMT) into the fight for the ball. Feel enhanced physicality in the battle for possession during open play and in set-piece situations as players jostle, push and pull, with more realism than ever before.

Some of the situations where RPMT will be most noticeable include:
  • When a physically strong attacker holds the ball
  • When fighting for the ball in a race down the wings
  • When battling for position to win an air ball
  • On set-piece skirmishes, battling with opponents for the ball

And of course, more power means we can take a huge leap forward in visual quality to make players and stadiums look even better.

A new deferred lighting system called LiveLight Rendering means we can create ultra-realistic football environments in FIFA 21 on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. You’ll see stadiums like Anfield, the Parc des Princes, the Santiago Bernabéu and the Etihad in incredible detail, with enhanced pitch surfaces, stadium materials and atmospheric effects that come together to create visually stunning recreations of the world’s most famous grounds. Combined with more realistic managers, substitutes, stewards and home and away fans (more on them to come), the stadium will feel more alive than ever before.

When you score a crucial goal, you’ll be able to see the absolute scenes provided by high-fidelity crowds that celebrate and interact together and in connection with the players, as well as other elements such as ball boys celebrating a home goal and stewards interacting with any fans that get a bit too close to the pitch!

More power on the new consoles also means we can make players act and move more naturally too, with new animations and technology that improve their responsiveness and off-ball behaviour.

Responsive Multi-Touch Animations take player movement to the next level of realism.
This new gameplay technology enhances the visual quality and responsiveness of linked animations on the ball, enabling you to experience fluid and realistic player movement. You’ll notice players taking more contextual touches that better reflect how they move on the pitch in real life, with over 700 new animation combinations that improve responsiveness and enable you to move and control the ball better than ever before.

cormack12

Gold Member
Before
ea-says-fifa-21-on-pc-wont-get-the-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-features-to-keep-the-minimum-specs-down-1606214456341.jpg

After
ea-says-fifa-21-on-pc-wont-get-the-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-features-to-keep-the-minimum-specs-down-1606214456341.jpg

tenor.gif

DonJorginho

Banned
TBH Milner looks like a lego anyway
Very true, just is so weird when you see the Liverpool back 4 looking so great aside from Robertson who looks like a child.

Hope the mighty Chels get some new faces for the likes of Puli, Gilmour, Mendy and Reece!

cormack12

Gold Member
so its out now?! cant wait to check it out

i bet it will disappoint me lol

Yeah I just downloaded it now. Apparently being released in waves? I had it on PS5 it didn't find it via check game update. I had to go down and select the three little dots.

Very true, just is so weird when you see the Liverpool back 4 looking so great aside from Robertson who looks like a child.

B7EE183873984CD697DB3EB9868BCC790BE55EBB

Kokoloko85

I look forward to the day EA loses its license over Fifa and dies a fast death.
And some other studios can work with Fifa

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Animation wise looks rather bad, identical to PS4.

Did they just update the graphics? Even that, in-game, is not outstanding.

shoplifter

The stamina feedback on the triggers just feels bizarre at some points, but I suppose I'll get used to it. At one point I changed controllers because I wondered if it was broken.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Looks great to me. But I don't buy these futbol games, so I don't know what they used to look like.

REDRZA MWS

People complying about still photos of pics, aren’t considering new lighting which effects everything, also animations and pace of game. So many other things to consider, especially how it feels and plays on the controller in hand. Still pics don’t tell anything. Playing the game in motion, on your set, will determine how improved the game is.

Moomalade74

Banned
Looks very nice in 4k and the new ball physics are fun but the increasing trigger resistance on the dualsense as the players tire out is a pain in the arse, had to disable it.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
The stamina feedback on the triggers just feels bizarre at some points, but I suppose I'll get used to it. At one point I changed controllers because I wondered if it was broken.

Looks very nice in 4k and the new ball physics are fun but the increasing trigger resistance on the dualsense as the players tire out is a pain in the arse, had to disable it.

Yep do not like. Why the fuck it activates at 40 odd percent is stupid and it's also wildly inconsistent when switching players. You immediately ease off because you don't want to smash it down.

Jimx26

Hey guys, Can you access the next gen trial version through game pass? Had a search but couldn’t find it anywhere.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Hey guys, Can you access the next gen trial version through game pass? Had a search but couldn’t find it anywhere.

I have the same question, I swear it was there for Madden and Fifa, and now I can't find it.....

Top Bottom