• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Yorker: Harvey Weinstein's Accusers Tell Their Stories

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
The story, however, is more complex, and there is more to know and to understand. In the course of a ten-month investigation, I was told by thirteen women that, between the nineteen-nineties and 2015, Weinstein sexually harassed or assaulted them, allegations that corroborate and overlap with the Times's revelations, and also include far more serious claims.
Three women––among them Argento and a former aspiring actress named Lucia Evans—told me that Weinstein raped them, allegations that include Weinstein forcibly performing or receiving oral sex and forcing vaginal sex. Four women said that they experienced unwanted touching that could be classified as an assault. In an audio recording captured during a New York Police Department sting operation in 2015 and made public here for the first time, Weinstein admits to groping a Filipina-Italian model named Ambra Battilana Gutierrez, describing it as behavior he is ”used to." Four of the women I interviewed cited encounters in which Weinstein exposed himself or masturbated in front of them.
It is a long read.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...harvey-weinsteins-accusers-tell-their-stories

Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie and Others Say Weinstein Harassed Them

When Gwyneth Paltrow was 22 years old, she got a role that would take her from actress to star: The film producer Harvey Weinstein hired her for the lead in the Jane Austen adaptation ”Emma." Before shooting began, he summoned her to his suite at the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel for a work meeting that began uneventfully.

It ended with Mr. Weinstein placing his hands on her and suggesting they head to the bedroom for massages, she said.

”I was a kid, I was signed up, I was petrified," she said in an interview, publicly disclosing that she was sexually harassed by the man who ignited her career and later helped her win an Academy Award.

She refused his advances, she said, and confided in Brad Pitt, her boyfriend at the time. Mr. Pitt confronted Mr. Weinstein, and soon after, the producer threatened her not to tell anyone else about his come-on. ”I thought he was going to fire me," she said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/...ina-jolie-harvey-weinstein.html?smid=tw-share

Ronan Farrow's story just got posted. 13 women, 3 rape accusations https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...harvey-weinsteins-accusers-tell-their-stories

In the course of a ten-month investigation, I was told by thirteen women that, between the nineteen-nineties and 2015, Weinstein sexually harassed or assaulted them, allegations that corroborate and overlap with the Times’s revelations, and also include far more serious claims.

Three women––among them Argento and a former aspiring actress named Lucia Evans—told me that Weinstein raped them, allegations that include Weinstein forcibly performing or receiving oral sex and forcing vaginal sex. Four women said that they experienced unwanted touching that could be classified as an assault. In an audio recording captured during a New York Police Department sting operation in 2015 and made public here for the first time, Weinstein admits to groping a Filipina-Italian model named Ambra Battilana Gutierrez, describing it as behavior he is “used to.” Four of the women I interviewed cited encounters in which Weinstein exposed himself or masturbated in front of them.

Sixteen former and current executives and assistants at Weinstein’s companies told me that they witnessed or had knowledge of unwanted sexual advances and touching at events associated with Weinstein’s films and in the workplace. They and others describe a pattern of professional meetings that were little more than thin pretexts for sexual advances on young actresses and models. All sixteen said that the behavior was widely known within both Miramax and the Weinstein Company.

Much more in the link

I mean if the dude is on tape admitting it, I don't think there's any question about whether or not the allegations are true, eh?

I mean if the dude is on tape admitting it, I don't think there's any question about whether or not the allegations are true, eh?

I think they pretty much admitted as much with the "he's a dinosaur needing to learn new ways" quote from his advisor/PR person..

This makes you think just how many films and famous people will be 'ruined' in the public eye in the next decade or so when more of these stories start coming out.

I recognise that that's not the first thing we should be taking out of this horror story but when taken with all the Corey Feldman stuff it just makes Hollywood sound like way worse of a nightmare than I'd imagined.

Don't know that I can watch Good Will Hunting again without thinking whether or not people were abused during the filming.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Disgusting. Get as far away from the democratic party as possible. We don't want your help with the NRA.

Ridley327

Considering what's known about her relationship with her own father, it's truly harrowing to see Asia Argento having to deal with this on top of everything else. Harvey needs to suffer greatly for what he's done.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
That article makes me want to throw up. Throw this fucker in jail for as long as possible.

entremet

Mia's son and noted GAFfer.

The DA Cy Vance isn't looking hot good, either. He had audio and declined to prosecute (and let Ivanka and Don Jr off the hook for fraud, too).

The US Criminal justice system is a farce and the evidence continues to mount.

Disgusting. Get as far away from the democratic party as possible. We don't want your help with the NRA.

It would be one thing if no one knew about it...then Dems could just say “We had no idea” and give the millions of dollars back.

But it is increasingly looking like a lot of people knew about him way before this news release. It’s looking like it was very well known what he was like, and no one seemed to care, or were scared to speak up. Such a horrible person, I feel so bad for the victims. :(

Harmen

Actually hearing him on that tape is disturbing. And some of these accounts are horrifying. Raping them with the threat that he could end their careers. Yeah, fuck this guy, he should be in jail.

Don't believe (noteworthy) politicians who claim they had no idea about any of this. Major donors tend to flaunt extravagant and/or distasteful behavior in front of major politicians, including presidents. It's about control and power. You want my money, you're going to get all of me.

I've seen and heard of disrespectful and downright ugly behavior from rich donors, from sexual stuff to drug use.

Boke1879

Don't believe (noteworthy) politicians who claim they had no idea about any of this. Major donors tend to flaunt extravagant and/or distasteful behavior in front of major politicians, including presidents. It's about control and power. You want my money, you're going to get all of me.

I've seen and heard of disrespectful and downright ugly behavior from rich donors, from sexual stuff to drug use.

I mean shit. One of them is President of the United States

JABEE

This is fucking disgusting.

It talks about his system of using non-threatening female employees to entice young, sometimes foreign girls to take meetings with him. Every meeting ends with him in a bathrobe requesting sexual favors.

His ability to use the tabloids to bury those who scorn his advances makes the Hollywood Press complicit in these assaults.

JABEE

I mean shit. One of them is President of the United States

And there have been others before him and there will be others after him. America likes to pretend their heroes and the champions of their political heroes are sterling examples of humanity's virtues. Power and money allows people to do a lot of things and repair their name with press connections and extortion.

This is fucking disgusting.

It talks about his system of using non-threatening female employees to entice young, sometimes foreign girls to take meetings with him. Every meeting ends with him in a bathrobe requesting sexual favors.

His ability to use the tabloids to bury those who scorn his advances makes the Hollywood Press complicit in these assaults.

Wasn't there a famous photographer who worked for one of the big entertainment magazines who had the same MO?

According to an actress I know, there's apparently some other name who is retweeting all the bad news about Weinstein and saying stuff about how "we have to do better," but this guy is just as gross. She's waiting for someone else to speak up first before she goes public, but I suspect we won't be waiting long.

ugh

Pau

According to an actress I know, there's apparently some other name who is retweeting all the bad news about Weinstein and saying stuff about how "we have to do better," but this guy is just as gross. She's waiting for someone else to speak up first before she goes public, but I suspect we won't be waiting long.
God, that must be frustrating. And being the first must be terrifying; I totally get why she's waiting. I wish your friend the best whether or not she decides to go public.

Top Bottom