• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ryu ga Gotoku Movies

Bebpo said:
Would be tough to localize correctly due to the subject matter. But yeah, to make up for the budget of the game they'd need a worldwide release.

The budget is still amazing when you consider how much MGS games cost. After Shenmue I didn't think Sega would be so quick to put down another 20m+ for a game.

Bebpo said:
Would be tough to localize correctly due to the subject matter. But yeah, to make up for the budget of the game they'd need a worldwide release.

Not according to Nago:
http://games.kikizo.com/features/sega_toshihiro_nagoshi_iv_nov05_p1.asp

Kikizo: The Yakuza is a Japanese organization, but it's similar to Western forms of organized crime. Do you think the concept will be easily understood in these markets?

Nagoshi: Right now we're a bit more focused on the market of Japan itself, but I think we probably won't have to explain too much to foreign audiences.

Kikizo: There are a lot of gang-based games in the west recently. Why did you make a game centered around Yakuza rather than a wider-known western concept?

Nagoshi: It's a pretty common and easily understandable theme here in Japan. But at its core, it's really a human drama with an exciting theme.

and http://games.kikizo.com/news/200509/017.asp

Kikizo said:
Ryu Ga Gotoku - which will get an official western name very soon...

Ryu Ga Gotoku, which means "Dragon-Like" in English but will be getting a slightly snappier name for its yet-to-be-confirmed western release,

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Holy friggen crap! My jaw dropped during the combat scenes. Some awesome stuff in there. It's like Sega tailor-made a game especially for me. I'm importing this sucker on day one.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
SolidSnakex said:
MGS2 cost 10m to make.
SSX what happen? I like the other avatar better. that girl was very cute.

specially the face she makes awww I love me some japanese girls.

I'm going to make file on my PC SSX avatars whenever you have one of a cute girl I'm gonna save it, if you don't mind of course.

Top Bottom