• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment) will have another announcement in 2024

Kurotri

GCiPtRwW8AAsizV

Source: Masayoshi Yokoyama, RGG Studio director.

This is my 4th year in the Year of the Dragon! We are very happy to be able to release the new game ``Ryu ga Gotoku 8'' in such a year. I'm already looking forward to the release, but I hope to be able to make another big announcement sometime in 2024! Please look forward to Ryu ga Gotoku Studio in 2024!

Please let it be another Judgment, I really want to see Yagami again. But there is chance that it may be a new IP instead. Reason for my thinking is this article from 2021: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/yakuza-studio-ryu-ga-gotoku-is-creating-a-new-ip/1100-6498115/

In an interview with Famitsu (translated by Ryokutya), studio director Masayoshi Yokoyama says, "If we have an environment where we can make new works, not just Judgment, we will take on the challenge positively." He also went on to say that there are unreleased titles other than both of the studio's flagship franchises in progress.

nial

Gold Member
This was the leak a while back:

A part of it ended up being true, so I wonder if they are working on JSR and maybe one of those other new games they announced during TGA. And I wonder if the other announcement is actually VF6. The worst case scenario is that they're working on yet another Yakuza game.
New Demon Slayer game
Aaaaaand fake, I guess...
Those are from Aniplex.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
If its no Judgment 3 I'll be so fucking mad I might heat action the person next to me.

1f71d8060a855e2df6a7315911371af3e6fc7cc9.gif

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

They should've made Kaito Files a smaller standalone game like Gaiden. It's the only (modern) RGG content I haven't played because of the bad hours-price ratio.

Anyway whatever it is I'll play it, hopefully Gaiden's success will lead to more "smaller" releases.

Last edited:
Aaaaaand fake, I guess...
Those are from Aniplex.
Here's what was right in the leak:

New JSR game
New Yakuza/Like a Dragon(Kiryu was playable)
Sonic Frontier
Sonic Origins
Persona 4 Golden ported to other consoles
Animated Sonic Intro(It belonged to that Apple Arcade sonic game)

Mario/Sonic Olympics is on the rumor sheet and hasn't been announced yet(but is highly likely of an announcement).

And in another rumor thread from a year ago the following ended up being true: New Crazy Taxi, New Shinobi.
The only games confirmed that didn't start out as rumors were a new Golden Axe and SoR.

That's way too much that ended up being right for one small incorrect part to make it fake.

mdkirby

I want a new judgement with more detectiving…if they can get all the detective gameplay from the Sherlock games, but keep their fun combat, that’ll be a great combo

SCB3

I need a new Judgement after finishing the last one last week, especially if the Yakuza/LaD is going all in on Turn based combat

nial

Gold Member
Aniplex publishes them in Japan. They’re developed by CyberConnect2 and Sega has the worldwide publishing rights outside of Japan.
Which means they don't have any say on its development, but probably the leak comes from someone from SEGA of America or something, so maybe they have that knowledgement (they're doing the localization, after all).

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
What are people talking about too many games, the series exists for 2 decades and we have 9 main games including 0 & the upcoming Infinite Wealth and a couple side games, spin offs, a few remasters and 2 remakes as the first 2 games needed that the most. The west got some later/closer (and didn't get all the spin offs etc.) but it's only later ports that were densely launched, ie Steam/modern systems, would people prefer them staggered for no reason when the games are already done? Even if you include the Judgment games (really no reason to, might as well include their Fist of the North Star game) it's not that many at all, especially given how the last 2 games completely reinvent the gameplay of the series and might as well be a new IP anyway. Anyway, I doubt this will also be a Judgment or Yakuza game but even if so, bring it on, they're always high quality and fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom