• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Judgement - Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio's Judgement sequel leaks

Nankatsu

Gold Member

Seems like it's coming September 21st, both on PS4 and PS5. Appearantly it will have a season pass, which is new thing for a a Ryu Ga Gotoku studio game.

Let's goooo! So glad this is happening and my boy Yagami comes back for another private investigator journey. Narrative was damn good on the first one.

Last edited:

xion4360

Awesome, im playing judgement now and its all the fun of yakuza but without all the baggage of backstory and who is this character again....cant wait

Nankatsu

Gold Member
How long does it usually take to get a Yakuza/Judgment game localized in the west?

Judgment was faster than Yakuza - Like a Dragon. Release most likely won't be worldwide, still a guy can dream.

Happy The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air GIF

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned
i just hope, there will be no shitty turn based combat. real time fighting is the only right way or very least as FF7R.

Day 1 for sure.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
i just hope, there will be no shitty turn based combat. real time fighting is the only right way or very least as FF7R.

Day 1 for sure.

Pretty sure Lost Judgment will be classic Yakuza combat.

As it stands, it is pretty clear that Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio's want both protagonists to coexist under the same space.

Yagami = classic Yakuza combat.
Ichiban = turn based combat.

In my opinion it keeps things fresh and unique. Like a Dragon is a hell of a turn based RPG, you shouldn't sleep on it just because they shifted gears towards a different type of gameplay.

As a huge Yakuza fan I did not like the idea of the change too, but ended up picking it up, I'm currently playing it on PS5 and it's fantastic in every possible way.

It's Yakuza 0 craziness and goffiness, but turn based.

Last edited:

TwistedSyn

Fuck yes! I thought this would have been another year but, I am glad I was wrong. Hopefully the localization isn't to far off from the Japanese release.

Tiamat2san

Great news!
I am replaying the first game now with the remaster.
I hope they’ll Keep the 60fps .

Last edited:

Bridges

Fingers crossed this also comes to Xbox since the remaster did. If the mainline games are going to be turn-based now then it's cool that the old formula might live on through Judgement. Can't wait.

Karmic Raze

Judgment was actually the last game I beat. I was absolutely captivated by the narrative, the characters, everything. I thought the combat and the story were both excellent. I couldn’t put it down! I was hoping we’d get a sequel, and I can’t wait to see where Yagami’s story goes next. I don’t stick with most games long enough to complete them, but Judgment had me freakin’ hooked. Bring it on. I will get this day one for sure!

SkylineRKR

Judgment is my fave Yakuza game.

The atmosphere, the gameplay, I think it beats Yakuza. I just loved the whole detective stuff and whodunit story. The actual crime solving gameplay was simplistic, but I didn't mind. The drone however was massively underused in the campaign though, which was weird. I think Judgment also had the best minigames, it had fucking Motor Raid. I played it a ton and loved it. I bought this game on the first day of my summer vacation in 2018, and it was the only game I fired up in those weeks.

I was also very impressed by the ENG voice acting, don't sleep on it. They did a great job. Judging by the summary it will be real time battling again, which I prefer in the end.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Officially confirmed. It's coming to PS5, PS4, and Xbox Series on September 24 global launch.

FUCK YEAH BOYS. It was my goty when it came, very underrated and I'm super glad they decided to make a sequel despite lower sales.

LordCBH

Officially confirmed. It's coming to PS5, PS4, and Xbox Series on September 24 global launch.

FUCK YEAH BOYS. It was my goty when it came, very underrated and I'm super glad they decided to make a sequel despite lower sales.

Fucking. YES! No having to wait on this one!

graywolf323

I'm tempted to buy the PS5 release now just to show support for their decision with Lost Judgment

kingwingin

Finishing up yakuza series after playing them all over the last year and I want more. Love the gameplay so much.

Never played judgment but it will definitely be my next purchase to prepare for this!

Sakura

Never cared for the Yakuza games, but I enjoyed the first Judgement. It did have some issues though so here is hoping they improve upon it with the second game.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Cool! I never been a fan of Yakuza,,,maybe because of the sillier side of it. This game looks to be all business though. I hope they put the first one on sale so I can at least play on PS4 first.

EDIT: Psyche...just looked it up and a complete edition with all the dlc released last month on PC for $39.99 apparently.

Second EDIT: Nope, just Stadia, but not Steam. WHAT!? Stadia has some sort of exclusive deal.

Last edited:

Aenima

Hyped. Judgment main story was really good. Im more a fan of the side content from the main Yakuza games, but Judgment main story was one of the best from this studio.

If they keep the brawl action combat for this series, is a nice way to keep things fresh by doing turn based on the main Yakuza and action combat for Judgment. Also hope they go deeper in the investigation mechanics.

Disappointing to see SEGA going the DLC, Deluxe Editions and now season pass route. Will probably wait untill all the content is out before purchasing the game.

Top Bottom