• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Scarlet and Violet trailer shows off rideable legendary Pokémon, New Region, Features & More

Draugoth

Gold Member

A new trailer for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet has shown off rideable legendary Pokémon as well as more of the new region.

Players in the Paldea region will be able to traverse the world using Koraidon and Miraidon, the two legendary Pokémon, which will serve as the player’s bike, method of flight and even a surfboard.

FZPUiA1WAAIajCC
FZPVmf8XgAEwmL5

Players will embark on a “treasure hunt” which will serve as one of the main storylines. Traditional Pokémon Gyms and Gym Leaders are also in the game, however, unlike in most Pokémon games, they can be approached in any order.

The video also showed off some new Pokémon including Paldean Wooper, a new variation of a Pokémon from Gold & Silver. Fidough is a small dog made out of bread and Cetitan is a large ice-type Pokémon.

FZPVW77WQAAJhB9
FZPVNJNXEAA7jxZ
FZPVSyyXkAEgezO

Terastal Pokémon were also introduced, which is a new mechanic which changes the design and stats of your Pokémon. Terastal Pokémon are crystal-like, and feature changes to their appearance, such as flowers and balloons on their heads. Every Pokémon in the region will be able to Terastalize, and doing so will increase their stats. In certain cases, Pokémon may adopt new types as part of this process. Terastal Raid Battles will also be part of the game and will allow up to four players to battle powerful Terastal Pokémon as part of a group. Unlike raids in Pokémon Sword and Shield, players will be able to attack in any order, and at any time they want, which is similar to how the mechanic works in Pokémon Go.

FZPViYwWYAEdn68
FZPXBWiVUAELhsH
FZPXIDtUUAAj3Hl

Thanks to VGC

Last edited:

theclaw135

Banned
I'm convinced some of you exist in a weird echo chamber. Yes the 'creative' bankruptcy while the series continues destroying records... lol, just lmao.

The funny part is how out of touch the "fans" are, with the people actually buying the games.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon featured the most Pokemon ever, but were the lowest-selling version pair in franchise history.

Last edited:

AetherZX

The funny part is how out of touch the "fans" are, with the people actually buying the games.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon featured the most Pokemon ever, but were the lowest-selling version pair in franchise history.
No it wasn't lmao. USUM was a scam and barely added anything new over base SM. It even downgraded an otherwise interesting narrative surrounding some key characters. USUM sold like ass because it had nothing special beyond the usual legendary catching spam they tend to add to end of generation games.

You'd have a point if you brought up HGSS, which genuinely had the most content of any series. So no, you are in fact out of touch with reality.

Last edited:

theclaw135

Banned
No it wasn't lmao. USUM was a scam and barely added anything new over base SM. It even downgraded an otherwise interesting narrative surrounding some key characters. USUM sold like ass because it had nothing special beyond the usual legendary catching spam they tend to add to end of generation games.

You'd have a point if you brought up HGSS, which genuinely had the most content of any series. So no, you are in fact out of touch with reality.

Not quite what I meant. I was referring to how many species of monsters were present in the game.

USUM players could obtain up to 807 Pokemon.
HGSS had "only" 493.

AetherZX

Not quite what I meant. I was referring to how many species of monsters were present in the game.

USUM players could obtain up to 807 Pokemon.
HGSS had "only" 493.
Ah, I read that wrong. That was about the roster then.

In reality most people didn't end up caring enough about the cuts, and they've rewarded the games doing this with even more sales over their contemporaries as a result.

Fbh

Some lame designs (particularly those legendaries turning into bikes with legs) but the game itself looks fun. Visually it also looks way better than Arceus IMO.

So was that voice acting just for the trailer or is this $60 game in a multi million selling games franchise which is part of a multi billion media franchise finally getting voice acting in 2022?

ebevan91

The Skiddo and Tynamo lines being in these games automatically make them at least a 9/10.

Last edited:

tmlDan

ah yes, ruin the novelty of finding and catching legendary Pokemon by giving them to you.

how evolved Pokemon games have become.

I skipped Arceus hoping this would be good, ill wait and see.

theclaw135

Banned
Ah, I read that wrong. That was about the roster then.

In reality most people didn't end up caring enough about the cuts, and they've rewarded the games doing this with even more sales over their contemporaries as a result.

Personally I have no use for a huge roster. You must understand that I never wanted the games to keep every pokemon.

But it changes nothing. In reality, the motives for the cuts were scummy.

Elysion

Banned
Wtf is it with these weird gimmicks!? I swear, they get more random with every new generation. Last gen’s Gigantamax thing was already stupid enough, and now they have crystallized Pokémon, really? Why not just stick with Mega evolutions?

Gambit2483

They should have gone this route years ago...now I feel like I'm getting too old for Pokemon.

I'll still pick it up of course.

Last edited:

Ellery

I agree with the general sentiment here. What I am seeing there just doesn't really work for me, but in all fairness also probably isn't aimed at me.

Would be a great time for a big jump in quality. Both in hardware and software.

Fredrik

I don’t understand, how can they look do bad? Is it because they release new games too often? ”Good enough. Next!”

Top Bottom