• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer: The Newest Chapters in the Pokémon Series | Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet

Draugoth

Gold Member

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
200.gif

Last edited:
Let Monolith Soft or Level 5 either help make the next Pokemon game.

I'm sure its been said, but Game Freak is at a crossroads: They want to make a fully 3D game but cant decide to go fully stylized or Real., they need help with animation, open world design, and color

They have not fully developed how Pokemon animate. Take, for example CAPCOM and the Monster hunter Team and the imaginative animation for all those monsters. Now times that to almost 1000 pokemon animations not fully realized in 3D.

Mainline series had way more graphical fidelity in Ruby and Saphhrie than the recent 3d game.

They need t use anime accurate colors in these 3d games.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I wish there a demo… I’ve never owned a Pokémon game before and don’t want to risk $60

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
It looks really fun and the art direction is great. But on a technical level I'm still struggling with the visuals.

I just wish we had a Switch 2 already. It's so hard to play 720p games with no anti-aliasing on a 77" screen.

danklord

Gold Member
I didn't expect this trailer to go so hard. Typically don't like Ed Sheeran and don't really care for Pokemon, but this was executed really well.

Robb

Gold Member
I still can’t get over those legendaries..
pokemon-scarlet-and-violet-koraidon.gif

Why does it even have wheels?

Game looks pretty decent though, I’m sure it’ll sell gangbusters.

Kataploom

Gold Member
It looks really fun and the art direction is great. But on a technical level I'm still struggling with the visuals.

I just wish we had a Switch 2 already. It's so hard to play 720p games with no anti-aliasing on a 77" screen.
They'd be making the game look horrendous technically anyway somehow lol

I for once like the aesthetic and concept around this game a lot but it's appropriate at least some decent texture resolution

Top Bottom