• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet - Expansion Announced | New Paradox Pokémon coming March 12, 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero for Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet is coming! You’ll be able to adventure for even longer and delve even deeper into the world of Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet with this paid additional content. The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero includes a New Uniform Set, made up of new apparel items that you can use at once in your Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet game, and two DLC expansions. These are Part 1: The Teal Mask and Part 2: The Indigo Disk. While this tale is split into two parts, they link together to tell a connected story.

Meet the newly discovered Paradox Pokémon Walking Wake and Iron Leaves! Both will be appearing in a Tera Raid Battle event from Monday, February 27th to Sunday, March 12th.

DryvBy

I'm so happy I haven't had performance issues because without them, this is my favorite style of Pokemon game. It's the most fun I've had since Black/White.

SCB3

Hmm, not super feeling this, its kinda weird that a japanese festival is happenign in whats supposed to be Spain but ok

I know I'll be getting it, but theres not much to go on yet

Saber

Gold Member
Kinda weird cultural event in contrast with the base game theme. Doesn't match at all.

Other than, seems to be just ok. Not really feeling with those expansions, only time will tell. Oh and they will launch later, GF going at a snail speed. At least the patch fix is up, could aliviate the user experience.

Last edited:

Tams

Hmm, not super feeling this, its kinda weird that a japanese festival is happenign in whats supposed to be Spain but ok

I mean, at the end of the day it's a Japanese game made by Japanese devs.

Core parts of Pokémon have since the beginning been based on Japanese culture.

So, along with devs wanting to do something they like (which many do), and Japan not really caring about appropriation and minding a miss mash of stuff... you get this.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
No Black & White remakes is odd. I guess that's 2024! For the sake of the next mainline games actually being playable, I am hoping they don't release til 2025. But I have very, very low hopes.
Just play the original games, they will be 1,000,000% better than anything Pokemon Company outsources, I bet my account on it.

AetherZX

Because it doesn't take place in Paldea. They specifically mentioned it's a new region.

Fake

You must be playing on a special overclocked Switch :p

Most of them (even smogon, Bulbapedia and serebii) will never admit they play on the emulator.
BTW, the emulator version solve almost all those problems with custom room, not to mention put the game at 60 fps. Some even remove that horrible OST.
The dragon Suicune is dope, everything else is meh.
Its a shame they don't exist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom