• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mario Kart Arcade GP Gameplay Footage

olimario

Banned
The graphics are wonderful and the stages seem designed well, but I just have no interest in playing it after picking up Mario Kart DS.

ToxicAdam

There is just something cool about seeing your dumb friends face on the screen, and then launching a bomb into his ass.

It's a shame. THIS is what I think most Mario Kart fans wanted for the GameCube. Not that gimmick player switching crap that was in Mario Kart: Double Dash.

That being said: the player racing is terrible.

shinjijai

ManDudeChild said:
It's a shame. THIS is what I think most Mario Kart fans wanted for the GameCube. Not that gimmick player switching crap that was in Mario Kart: Double Dash.

I couldn't watch the whole thing because the player sucked so much... but the game's graphics is really nice... I really hope they port it to the GC or Rev...

Sunski

ManDudeChild said:

If Nintendo had released this Mario Kart for Gamecube for every "I love it!" comments we'd have had 10 "Same old crap! That's it Nintendo MILK MILK MILK" comments.

Instead Nintendo tried to do something different...a co-op racer and for every "I love it!" they get 10 "Gimmicky crap! Where's my REAL mario kart?"

Paladin69

Sunski said:
If Nintendo had released this Mario Kart for Gamecube for every "I love it!" comments we'd have had 10 "Same old crap! That's it Nintendo MILK MILK MILK" comments.

Instead Nintendo tried to do something different...a co-op racer and for every "I love it!" they get 10 "Gimmicky crap! Where's my REAL mario kart?"

At one time, I would have thought so too, but nobody is saying that about MKDS

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Paladin69 said:
At one time, I would have thought so too, but nobody is saying that about MKDS
To be fair, MKDS is online. This game wouldn't have been. Plus, people were saying "same old crap" before the DS version launched.

Sunski said:

The co-op implementation was poorly executed and, at BEST ... well it WAS a gimmick. They could have done so many other things to build and improve on the game, while avoiding the "milk" comments. Adding in additional multiplayer modes, more tracks, weapons, items that rely on time (say a time bomb for example), bring back the ability to actually jump with the karts. Online play, that would have probably given the game double the amount of sales it brought in. The list goes on.

M

muphins

Unconfirmed Member
That first level looks great; it's simple and small but it looks really fun. Actually, I don't think I like how big the levels are in Double Dash.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Looks totally different and fantastic. Lots of new characters and weapons, with the merging with Namco World.

Belfast

Sunski said:

The difference is that GP is developed by NAMCO. :p

Also, the player sucks because, if you watch the video preview he points out a couple things:

-Playing Mario Kary with a WHEEL is very different from using the D-Pad, which has been the de-facto standard in the past.

-The drifting mechanism is different. You tap the break to do the hop and he mentions that there is a bit more strategy in determining when to start drifting around a corner.

Considering those two things and the fact that this might be his first time playing GP, I'd give him a pass on sucking.

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
Actually, the real reason he played so sloppily is because he had to lean over sideways as he played so the camera could film the screen straight-on. He did a smashing job when he was allowed to play normally.

Shame the pictures of people`s faces seem to hover in front of you, just where you don`t want them, blocking the view of the next corner... still, looks fun!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Mejilan said:
Looks totally different and fantastic. Lots of new characters and weapons, with the merging with Namco World.

I agree, I too like how Namco's world is integrated with the rest of the game :)

Its a shame the US version wont get the data card enhancement. I think thats kinda crap right there.

At least next time have it where, I dont know, Mario Kart DS saves statistics and stuff from Arcade GP via wireless link.

Deku

Banned
olubode said:
To be fair, MKDS is online. This game wouldn't have been. Plus, people were saying "same old crap" before the DS version launched.

They were trolls. The tracks on DS were much more inspired, varied and interesting. Of interest were the N64 tracks which are wonderful near perfect recreations of the original, but with better framerates. The Superfami tracks has an awesome retro look to it with a greate homage to the superfami's old scaling board track design.

Online play is icing, but a very very sweet one.

it has that arcade look... I really don't see the old mario kart charm :(

that last bit was rainbow road? The heck, you can't fall off?

hope this stays in the arcades thank you!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Sunski said:

True enough. But I would settle for the Arcade one even if is 'teh milking'.

MK: DD was just so dull. They need to port this to the GC ASAP. Or at least, the Rev.

Top Bottom