• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mana game for console in development

Mana_06-27-21.jpg

A new Mana series game for console is in development, producer Masaru Oyamada confirmed during the Mana series 30th anniversary live stream.

“We wanted to announce it by running a cool trailer, but we’re only at the start of the 30th anniversary,” Oyamada said. “But we are in fact developing [a new title], but please wait a little while longer until the proper announcement. Although we did have [Mana series creator Koichi Ishii] take a look at it a little bit ago. We’re at that level [of development], so please look forward to it. Development still has some way to go… We are developing for console, so I hope you can look forward to it.”

Thanks, Games Talk.

Quasicat

I would love another Mana game as long as it used the same everything as the Trials remake. I would love a new Sword of Mana!

I bought it on vacation like 20 years ago and played the heck out of it while visiting my girlfriend’s (now wife’s) family.
That whole family would be in bed by 10, and I would usually stay up until 2…and the only game system that was there was my GBA.

Metnut

I’d buy this day 1. Doesn’t need to be AAA or close to it but hopefully they give it a full team and some solid resources to make it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm down for this

Andyliini

Sure. Got into Mana series about a year ago, but have not played Trials remake yet. I can wait, but hopefully they can make a good one.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Another announcement made way too early.
I bet it’s only because of all the backlash over that mobile game they just announced. They wanted to assure everyone there’s a legit console Mana game coming even though there’s nothing to show yet.

Did Seiken Densetsu 2 (the jap only snes one) ever get an official translation and release? That was superb.

Kimahri

Banned
Damn good news. I hope it's the team behind Trials of Mana who are doing this. They can just keep that exact formula and just add a better story and spruce up the graphics to make it a bit more mahical and they'd strike gold.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Damn good news. I hope it's the team behind Trials of Mana who are doing this. They can just keep that exact formula and just add a better story and spruce up the graphics to make it a bit more mahical and they'd strike gold.
I’d love a combination of the best parts of Trials and Legend. Trials combat, graphics, and class changing mechanics. Legend nonlinearity, item creation, golem building, pet raising, etc. That could be amazing if done right.

This was announced earlier in the livestream. Trials of Mana is also coming to mobile and there is a new anime.

But as mentioned in the OP, they are developing a new game for console. A proper announcement (with a trailer) will come later

I just cant trust them to make a new Mana, they havent been able to make one worth anything since 3. they have been trying over and over but always seem to stray from what made the originals so good

Klayzer

Another announcement made way too early.
OMG. So much this. Square continues to announce projects before any kind of pre production have started. I like a lot of their games, but present day Square is one of the worst run dev/publisher in the business.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Dawn of Mana could have been better. Corny characters, but the fun combat kept it going. I have enjoyed Secret, Legend, and Trials. They all sorta start off being corny fantasy characters before the journey begins. Then you can’t put it down. 😄

demonstr8

Great. Trials was much, much better than Dawn which basically killed the series so I am happy to buy the next instalment if it's like Trials.

SkylineRKR

Did Seiken Densetsu 2 (the jap only snes one) ever get an official translation and release? That was superb.

Thats Secret of Mana.

If you mean Seiken Densetsu 3. Its translated as Trials of Mana. But the original SNES rom had a good fan translation for 2 decades.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Last edited:
Oh look, an Insight of a Teaser to an Announcement.

Can't wait for a game I know NOTHING about, which console it's being made for, staff and dev. teams working, or which decade it's coming out.

Trails of Mana remake is my first Mana game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I still have to jump back into it as I haven't completed the game yet but I'm definitely looking forward to a new one now.

I'm also going to have to pick up Collection of Mana.

SantaC

Trails of Mana remake is my first Mana game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I still have to jump back into it as I haven't completed the game yet but I'm definitely looking forward to a new one now.

I'm also going to have to pick up Collection of Mana.
Wtf at that bump...here i thought there was news at new mana game

Top Bottom