• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Head of Gust Teases Next Atelier Entry in Development

GHyfzL7asAAfM1V

Following the commencement of the half-year anniversary of Atelier Resleriana: Forgotten Alchemy & the Polar Night Liberator, Famitsu interviewed select staff, including the head of Gust, Junzo Hosoi. Naturally, most of the interview’s contents discussed the free-to-play game in various ways, such as its character designs, concept illustrations, upcoming gameplay features, and more.

However, the end of the interview contains an intriguing comment from Hosoi, in which he, albeit vaguely, teases the development of a new Atelier entry. The wording used here seems to imply it’s for consoles, but it’s not elaborated upon, meaning there’s no concrete understanding here aside from a new Atelier title being in development.

You can view a translation of the relevant interview exchange via Ryuji:

Interviewer: Lastly, could you give a message to the users who are enjoying playing the game?

Hosoi
: The half-anniversary marks a milestone with the completion of the first part, but Resleriana is not over yet. We are preparing for many things, so please look forward to the first anniversary as well as the half-anniversary. We are also working on a new consumer* version of the Atelier series, so we hope you are looking forward to that as well.

Translator’s Note: *Consumer: Usually, it’s a word that means “consoles.”
Thanks to NintendoEvery for sharing this news. You can view Famitsu’s full interview for additional comments.

JayK47

Well I was expecting a new Atelier game about this time of year and what we have gotten recently is a remake and a gacha game. I have yet to play the remake, as it is a very short game and I am waiting for a sale. The gacha game is meant to be played on a tablet, so I guess I will try that since it is free. As soon as I need to spend money on it, I will bail.

I get that the yearly releases were a bit much, but it was not my idea to make each new game bigger than the last. I fell in love with the series when they were making 30 hour games that were more focused. The last Ryza game was closer to a 60 hour game. I hope they plan to make more single player RPGs for the Atelier series. I guess remakes of the earlier games would be ok, if they were modernizing the graphics and art, which they didn't really do with Atelier Marie.

IAmRei

Atelier is yearly game like CoD and sports games. Nothing to see

Where's my new Surge Concerto/Ar tonelico, Gust?!

Ar.Tonelico.600.66021.jpg

oZ9fnm99GErfw6xsbeM-EPlwlS5fy_GHCcvqzXS8Sv8.jpg
dang i remember ArTonelico, 1 & 2 is my fave, the designs are superb, the music is blast, gameplay is fine, the environment is very imaginative in a good way. almost perfect game <3

I can't remember any game i was so disappointed in more than atelier ryza. The only time I regretted buying game lmao. (Granted i didn't play other games in the serwis, i bought this only for seemingly ligjt gameplay and rpg, fine characters and ryza thighs but...)

STARSBarry

Gold Member
dang i remember ArTonelico, 1 & 2 is my fave, the designs are superb, the music is blast, gameplay is fine, the environment is very imaginative in a good way. almost perfect game <3

Now what if I told you that most of the Dialog for 2 is just strait made up and there's a project that restranslated the entire thing, fixed bugs that the western version introduced because it changed lines so much and restores the full Japanese voice acting because the western version removed a majority to make room for the dub.

Believe it or not the second entry was meant to be the more serious entry, with more focus on the feelings and emotions of the characters.

NIS America literally bragged how they changed the dialog to make it sexy.

I mean how many times do people "retranslate" an entire project? It was literally that bad. And yet people still loved it, it's just they don't have the fantastic writing to praise alongside the other reasons they love it.

IAmRei

Now what if I told you that most of the Dialog for 2 is just strait made up and there's a project that restranslated the entire thing, fixed bugs that the western version introduced because it changed lines so much and restores the full Japanese voice acting because the western version removed a majority to make room for the dub.

Believe it or not the second entry was meant to be the more serious entry, with more focus on the feelings and emotions of the characters.

NIS America literally bragged how they changed the dialog to make it sexy.

I mean how many times do people "retranslate" an entire project? It was literally that bad. And yet people still loved it, it's just they don't have the fantastic writing to praise alongside the other reasons they love it.
ah i see Your Point, will check it. I'm an artist, i rarely care about story, i mostly coming from artstyle and concept art works, and for story, i just coming the concept story premise usually and lore or imaginative world building.
but if there is better translation, i will see it. as i did with FFVII, as far as i remember with beacause translation, there is some dialog that can changed the whole point, especially about characterization. i will check it and bookmark it. thanks dude

Atelier is yearly game like CoD and sports games. Nothing to see

Where's my new Surge Concerto/Ar tonelico, Gust?!

Ar.Tonelico.600.66021.jpg

oZ9fnm99GErfw6xsbeM-EPlwlS5fy_GHCcvqzXS8Sv8.jpg

Even though I love the Ar Tonelico Franchise, I'm more like nah not interested since they would likely just censor the games if they ever Remastered them or made a new entry

Top Bottom