• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“No Chance” for Persona 3 Portable Female Protagonist to be Added to Persona 3 Reload, Says Persona Series Producer

GIJ59teaoAA1jgO

Following the announcement of the Persona 3 Reload Expansion Pass, with the final wave being the long fan-requested remake of The Answer from Persona 3 FES, producer Kazuhisa Wada was interviewed by the Japanese outlet Famitsu.

Various facets of the upcoming Expansion Pass, most notably Episode Aigis -The Answer—are discussed. However, the interviewer also asks about the numerous fan requests for the female protagonist from Persona 3 Portable to be implemented. Unfortunately, Wada outright denies this possibility, saying that while they initially considered plans to include her, the development costs for such a task would’ve been even greater than Episode Aigis. Consequently, this addition never came to fruition.

You can view a translation of this quoted exchange below via Persona Central:

I would like to take this opportunity to ask a question. I’ve heard a lot of requests from fans that they wish that the female protagonist from Persona 3 Portable would be included in the remake. Is there a possibility that this will be added in the future?

Wada:
I feel bad for the female protagonist, but unfortunately there is no chance of that happening. Of course we also considered plans to include her, but the hurdles were too high. It was expected to take a long development period and would have cost several times more than Episode Aigis. Additionally, we as the Persona Team need to work on completely new titles in addition to remakes. Our staff are working to ensure that there are future developments you can look forward to, so we appreciate your understanding.

You can view the full Famitsu interview for additional comments.

Kurotri

I swear the only place where I see people clamoring for this is twitter. The producer is right. It's completely unnecessary extra work that would take a lot of time away that is better spent elsewhere, and the majority don't care or even know of Kotone.

graywolf323

didn’t they also claim they weren’t going to include The Answer in all the lead up to the release as well? eh he says that now but Persona clearly has a reputation now for the series having re-releases with added content and what better way to sell Persona 3 yet again then bring in Kotone?
I swear the only place where I see people clamoring for this is twitter. The producer is right. It's completely unnecessary extra work that would take a lot of time away that is better spent elsewhere, and the majority don't care or even know of Kotone.
Arrested Development Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

EDMIX

Wait for the complete edition, which you will have to buy again.

lol I'm saying!

Why even remake it like this only to then provide less content? smh.

The character doesn't say shit, imho.....they might as well make em all have some option for a female character and male character to provide different social links, cause if the fucking character isn't going to speak, I don't see the point in removing an option from the Portable game that released prior.

didn’t they also claim they weren’t going to include The Answer in all the lead up to the release as well? eh he says that now but Persona clearly has a reputation now for the series having re-releases with added content and what better way to sell Persona 3 yet again then bring in Kotone?

Arrested Development Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Truth, for all we know they are saying this to hype up the re-release of the remake lol

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The character doesn't say shit, imho.....they might as well make em all have some option for a female character and male character to provide different social links, cause if the fucking character isn't going to speak, I don't see the point in removing an option from the Portable game that released prior.

Truth, for all we know they are saying this to hype up the re-release of the remake lol

They already removed the options to join the swim team and kendo club from the remake because apprently it was just too much effort to have the players get any choice. Too much dialog for the protagonist perhaps

1. ...
2 .....
3 ..... uhhhhh

It's funny how they have such a reputation that no one will believe them when they tell us they arnt doing it. That's their own fault and they tottaly will.

Last edited:

Doom85

Ah yes, “better spent elsewhere”, when they just announced they’re doing The Answer, which is well known to be divisive among the Persona community.

I’d rather have Female Protagonist over The Answer because the former is part of the good section of Persona 3, whereas The Answer sucked back then and will likely suck now. Unless I hear they’re significantly rewriting it, I’m not buying that Answer DLC.

Also, of the original 3 versions of Persona 3, Portable sold the most.

And it was the version of 3 that was re-released last year. So no, the vast majority of Persona 3 fans are well aware of the character.

Kurotri

Ah yes, “better spent elsewhere”, when they just announced they’re doing The Answer, which is well known to be divisive among the Persona community.

I’d rather have Female Protagonist over The Answer because the former is part of the good section of Persona 3, whereas The Answer sucked back then and will likely suck now. Unless I hear they’re significantly rewriting it, I’m not buying that Answer DLC.

Also, of the original 3 versions of Persona 3, Portable sold the most.

And it was the version of 3 that was re-released last year. So no, the vast majority of Persona 3 fans are well aware of the character.
We'll just have to agree to disagree then. I loved The Answer and think it needs to be included no matter what, while I don't see Kotone's sections to be so necessary for them to shift resources into it prolonging Reload's development and in turn P6 as well.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

We'll just have to agree to disagree then. I loved The Answer and think it needs to be included no matter what, while I don't see Kotone's sections to be so necessary for them to shift resources into it prolonging Reload's development and in turn P6 as well.
Yeah, I will disagree with you there. Personally I think the ending was good as is and the Answer makes the concept for the ending not as good. Not to mention being a crappy expansion itself.

While FeMC route had the best Social Links (we don’t talk about Ken), and was great to play overall.

graywolf323

I wanted The Answer included as well but by and large it seemed like the blowback when they initially announced both it and Kotone wouldn’t be included was people wanted FeMC more than they wanted The Answer

Top Bottom