• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Madden 360 screens...

Smilebit

927449_20051021_screen001.jpg

927449_20051021_screen002.jpg

927449_20051021_screen006.jpg

More Madden screens

If they have Culpepper doing that stupid fucking disco dance thing he does, no sale for me! :)

But seriously, I'm looking forward to the "Viking's Lake Cruise Mini-Game"! Hot Coffee II!

Ryck

*Follows link to more madden pics*

Two things

1. What is up with the Chargers jersey? The lightning bolt on the helmet is perfect but on the jersey, wtf?

2. They left out the barbed wire fences in Azteca Stadium

GhaleonEB

Everything looks great except the grass texture and the numbers - those look terrible. The models and stadiums are very impressive.

GhaleonEB said:
Everything looks great except the grass texture and the numbers - those look terrible. The models and stadiums are very impressive.

I don't know. Some of those models still look awful. Look at the Steelers Defensive Linemen in that picture with Carson Palmer. Yuck. That's awful!

Dante

These are the best batch of shots from this game i've seen. Still not close to the target render, but not looking too shabby either.

I think the players models look improved. The game is starting to look a whole look more like Madden, which I think is a good thing. You have to love those stadiums. I bet it'll be all good for launch, graphically.

shpankey

not an idiot
hate to sound like a broken record...

the stadiums are breathtaking, but the field looks fucking stupid. like they are playing on a big green basketball court.

the player models have been improving though, so that's good to see.

p.s. :lol @ DM's shoker comment. :lol

p.p.s. what's wrong with the DOF element? just curious.

Jeff-DSA

I think it looks fine. Sure, it's not up there with Kameo or Gears of War, but it looks good enough. I'm pretty excited to see if the AI has significant upgrades or not.

SonnyBoy

Jeff-DSA said:
I think it looks fine. Sure, it's not up there with Kameo or Gears of War, but it looks good enough. I'm pretty excited to see if the AI has significant upgrades or not.

:lol That'll be held back till the 2008 release.

shpankey

not an idiot
well, there is a real issue with the videos though, they have extremely herky jerky animation (along with a poor framerate). i'm sure it'll be fixed, but that is the main thing i need to see before i commit to this at launch.

they need to get the NBA Live 360 developers over on Madden though, the graphics on it blow this shit out of the water in a huge way. of course, they blow everything else away too, but just sayin'. ;)

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
shpankey said:
p.p.s. what's wrong with the DOF element? just curious.

I think I know what he means. Check the NBA 2k6 vids, to find quality depth of field. It looks a bit wonky in these screens. I'd have to see it in motion to judge.

And while I'm responding, where in OK are you located? I'm in Norman.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
shpankey said:
Glenpool and I'm a huge Sooners fan (save you from asking). :D

As I live in Norman, you might understand how much I dislike the Sooners. They mean nothing but trouble for me, especially on Saturdays when I'm trying to drive through the city. ;)

shpankey

not an idiot
Jeff-DSA said:
in that Madden interview recently he commented on their new AI... link is in another thread (forgot where though).

SonnyBoy

When I watched the madden vids the players still look extremely stiff. Their arms and legs I assume go to their default position when laying on the ground. Is this something we can expect to be fixed with this release or not till 2009?

FightyF

Banned
All it needs is self shadowing players and grass, and I think it would look SUPERB.

The player models are pretty good. Stadiums are awesome.

shpankey

not an idiot
i just don't understand why EA, seemingly, is so damn resistant to update the graphics of the field. other than the players, it is the most observed thing in the game. it also makes the most dramatic impact on the visual appearance of the game. it would seem only so obvious then that it should be one of the first things to get updated in next-gen.

hell, i remember seeing awesome grass in one of the first xbox 1 games (that first tony hawk port - which was taken out in subsequent tony hawk games for some reason) and being greatly impressed with it.

the fields in these Madden screens don't even have Anisotropic filtering on them, which would in itself make a big difference in how they look. it's almost like they're trying to make the field as shitty looking as possible.

this is next-gen, add some parallax mapping on it, hell, normal mapping, for the love of God, at least some bump mapping on that shit so it can at least look a bit better than this generation. as it is, the field sticks out like a sore thumb next to all of the other graphical upgrades and just brings the overall graphical 'wow' of Madden 360 down as a whole.

when i look at the stadiums i'm blown away, then i look at the field and say "WTF!?". to me, the field is more important than some obscure details way back in the back of the stadium that can only be seen in the stadium intro flyby but is never seen during gameplay.

i'm holding out hope they have planned all along to upgrade the field and just haven't gotten to it YET.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Other than the field this looks freaking awesome. especially when you consider what it will look like from actual gameplay angles. I can't wait!

CHYME

Banned
927449_20051021_screen002.jpg

That's the same retarded-looking catch animation they've had since 2000 (at least). Why is everything so bright? I guarantee you VC would have made a prettier game. Maybe the next generation would have allowed VC to fix the dumb DBs and the poor WR control. Too bad we'll never know...

shpankey

not an idiot
that goes on in any forum on the internet, on any hardware. its not exclusive to GAF or the x360. learn to deal with it.

FightyF

Banned
vantastic said:
i won't say anything bad because any negative statements towards x360 games = sony fanboy or nbot :lol

You can make valid constructive comments. The more specific the better.

Give it a shot...

;)

fatboyee

Banned
I posted this in another 2K6 thread, but it still applies.

"Waiting for PS3 won't do you any good as the game would look the same on PS3. The problem isn't the console, it's the time the artists need to make a good looking game. use your head!"

Kangu

Banned
fatboyee said:

"Waiting for PS3 won't do you any good as the game would look the same on PS3. The problem isn't the console, it's the time the artists need to make a good looking game. use your head!"

And it was just as out of place there as it is here. Do you even read the threads? Here's a hint of what to wait for before you post your insightful quote in another thread
someone saying "I'm going to wait for the PS3 version."

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
fatboyee said:

Well, at the very least, it might run at 60 fps on PS3. :p

shpankey

not an idiot
dorio said:
I hope the final game looks as amazing as nba live does.
no way that happens. nba live 06 is on a whole other level, pretty much above any and everything else, graphically. nothing even comes close to touching it. for anyone who is confused by me saying this, go watch the IGN Insider videos of it, but bring some diapers, cause you are gonna shit. i watch those 3 videos every single day and every single time my jaw still hits the floor.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
dorio said:
I hope the final game looks as amazing as nba live does.

I never thought I'd ever hear these words uttered. Says a lot for EA and the efforts they are doing

ocelittle

Banned
Are there any threads about Madden 2001 when it came out for the PS2?

I'd love to see what people were saying about its graphics.

EAJAPAN

Madden 2001 on PS2 didn't even look as good as NFL2K/2K1 on Dreamcast. Short, fat player models, hideous beyond belief shimmering. Not pretty.

This on the other hand looks EXTREMELY good for a first-gen football game.

Ramirez

Nah...I remember being pretty damn amazed by Madden 01 on PS2...I was a hardcore DC fan at the time,but I still thought Madden looked like a pretty good leap ahead...just me though.

Ramirez said:
Nah...I remember being pretty damn amazed by Madden 01 on PS2...I was a hardcore DC fan at the time,but I still thought Madden looked like a pretty good leap ahead...just me though.

No it wasn't just you, many others thought so too. I was wowed by PS2 Madden.

shpankey

not an idiot
it wasn't just you... i remember seeing the video's of it at e3 before ps2 hit and being pretty much wow'ed by it.

Top Bottom