• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There used to be so many NFL football games. Which did you play?

kunonabi

I don't know about NFL but as far football games go it was Tecmo Bowl on the NES, mutant league football on the Genesis Joe Montana football on the Game Gear, the NFL 2K games on the Dreamcast and then my all-time favorite sports game Eyeshield 21 Amefuto no Yarouze YaHa!! on the PS2.

DaGwaphics

Never played football on Genesis. On PS1 it was GameDay games, 2k on DC, and Madden from there on out.

Losing the competition here has really hurt the advancement. 2k and Madden going against each other in the early 00s was great.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
The one that got released for $20 to compete with Madden was amazing and I loved it.

But I played
Tecmo Bowl
Madden
10 Yard Fight
Blitz

I like NCAA Football more though.

Bond007

NFL Blitz
NFL 2K. I love it on Dreamcast when i could pick the plays privately on the VMU. I also loved it's final days trying to undercut Madden, if i recall correctly launching at like $20.

Never been huge on Madden. I think the last time i was wowed by a Madden was probably PS2

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Even for people who don't like American football, I would still recommend NFL Blitz and NFL Street with friends. They transcend the genre because of how fun they are, much like the Mario sports titles, NBA Street, SSX series, and Virtua Tennis.
The recent Arcade 1up NFL Blitz cabinet removed the late hits. The NFL doesn't want to encourage violence and concussions. Unbelievable! That was what made it fun.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Madden-NFL-21
014633152487.jpg
51CZVARX0GL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
61G+xUkWMEL.jpg
NFL_Blitz_cover.jpg

Kings Field

NFL quarterback Club
NFL blitz
NFL Fever

I played some Madden in the 360 days but haven’t really played one since that gen finished

Until Sega released 2K one year for $19.99, it outsold Madden, and EA went crying to the NFL with a huge check to buy the exclusive license and kill their competition.
Yeah, I played the shit out of it on the original Xbox. Such a great game. Too bad it was the last one :(

reinking

Gold Member
NFL was Tecmo Bowl and early Madden. Then I mostly switched over to Bill Walsh College Football and the NCAA series. I never really went back to NFL games.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
EA / Madden ruined everything. It's so depressing.

Every gaming company that grows into a corporate product mill like EA is braindead, cynical, slow, and generally worthless.

Top Bottom