• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New F-Zero project in the works?

TexMex

Uh Huh Yes GIF

Shut0wen

It wouldn’t surprise me. They know there is a demand for it. The longer we wait, the more likely eventually Nintendo will make a new one, or better yet, remake GX.
After what they have done to star fox id rather they remade gx, if a new f zero is in the works there's no way its from nintendo and will more then likely be third party dev, 2 times it was legit been considered and both times it was turned down by third party devs, last being the makers of burnout and i cant really think of any third party dev doing it justice

StormCell

I would be surprised if they opted for F-Zero over making a new Mario Kart.

Sadly, I feel like Mario Kart 8 was the last Mario Kart, but looking at Nintendo's social media and advertisement I get the sick feeling that Mario Kart trash mobile game is actually the latest Mario Kart.

Lognor

Banned
Fzero is cool but so damn hard. I probably wouldn't buy it but it's cool if it's true. It's a cool series

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

I'll believe it when I see it.

Ever since the Wii - I said I wont buy another Nintendo console until a new F-Zero is made and it has online play.
Been waiting nearly 2 decades and nothing...

Kataploom

Gold Member
Nintendo should focus on better game franchises like Xenoblade /s

Well, probably someone at Nintendo saw the outcry on internet and made a pitch which got approved, it's been making noise these days with the investor asking lol

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true...

Also if it true please for the love of christ don't let it be shit like Starfox.

AREYOUOKAY?

"manage your expectations" -> auto/endless runner game for mobile.
I'll take anything at this point so long as Captain Falcon gets in a new game.

Though I fear it may be another Super Mario Bros. 35 situation where it comes and goes... just like a mobile game.
Sorry that was too soon Dr. Mario World fans.

Last edited:

Doczu

See guys? All it took was one dude spending 40k and asking questions during a shareholder meeting.
If tou really wanted F-Zero that badly you just had to prove it to Big N all those years ago.

begotten

I can't tell if people actually played F-Zero games back in the day or they're just nostalgia jerking themselves off over the Melee stages still in 2022. Don't get the demand and want for one of the most "whatever" games I have ever played on SNES.

Kikorin

I don't want to give too much credits to these leakers, but if will be real, I'll be so happy. F-Zero GX is one of the best GameCube games and in general one of the best arcade games ever made and until today its gameplay is so perfect that can be enjoyed as much as during the original release, especially because the arcade racing genre is basically dead and had no improvements in late years.

Said that, I don't know who could be interested in this series today outside some boomers like me and you, but considering the low budget and effort that a remaster would require and the awful sales of F-Zero GX on GameCube, I'm pretty sure on Switch it would have better results and would be worth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom