• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Escape from Tarkov update finally adds the long-awaited Streets of Tarkov map

SJRB

Gold Member

Truth be told that trailer is pretty whack, but Battlestate Games finally added the long teased, long awaited Streets of Tarkov map to the game in a free update.

The infamous wipe happened earlier today, everyone and their mom is hopping back on so naturally the servers are a pretty big clusterfuck at the moment [as always after a wipe].

Anyone here playing? I greatly enjoy watching skilled Twitch streamers but man I am terrible at the game.

Played a handful of hours a couple of years ago and won't be going back to it. It's just such a time sink and is too unforgiving for me personally. I really enjoyed the combat and the short to mid range firefights though.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
This game and star citizen are kings of vaporware. Anyone remember the road map and things they had planned from this game in year one ? Lmao.

They are lucky streamers picked this up when a big lul happened with nothing to play.

I mean patch .13!? Years of testing and little content ever added to get closer to what was planned .

That trailer is a perfect representation of these devs lol. Probably a skeleton crew that just does wipes .

I_D

Interesting feedback in this thread, thus far. Tarkov is my favorite shooter ever. I have over a thousand hours in it, and I'm just getting started. It's interesting to see that some people dislike it so strongly.

The queues - today - are horrendous, as expected, but that always happens with a new major update. It should be fine within a day or two.
As for Streets itself, I'm a bit torn. I was expecting more explorable areas. The map is already gigantic, and very tense, but still not quite what I was hoping for. Mind you, this is still just a small piece of the final map.

This game still has a very long way to go. If anybody is hoping for a nearly-finished product, this isn't the one for you.
But if you want basically the most-tactical shooter game on the market, this is one to check out.

Can they release it on console for us plebs?

Tarkov has a whole lot of commands. I don't think it could be done on a controller without sacrificing many elements of the core gameplay.

Last edited:

Mikado

Fuck putin, fuck ruZZia, and fuck tarkov. Not one dollar of mine will ever cross the border to mordor.

Fortunately, fans of the Survival Extraction genre will be well-served in the coming months as it's already replacing BR as the game-mode du jour. Even mainstream games like COD and Division are getting in on the action.

Last edited:
Top Bottom