• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I feel like the Japanese media and film industry could make a decent bit more money if they just put english subtitles on their blu-rays since we're the same region. Their blurays are always like $70, but there are some beautiful sets I'd gladly buy if they just had subtitles. Like:

0.jpg

I feel like the Japanese media and film industry could make a decent bit more money if they just put english subtitles on their blu-rays since we're the same region. Their blurays are always like $70, but there are some beautiful sets I'd gladly buy if they just had subtitles. Like:

0.jpg

That box set is probably way more than $70

kewlmyc

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/07/01/dragon-ball-super-complete-showcase-event-reveals-series-plot/

There was an event that explains what the story for Super is going to be. It's pretty interesting and I'll spoil tag it for those who don't want to know.

“Dragon Ball Super” is a complete continuation of the Majin Buu story arc. It’s got a bit of post-battle aftermath, continues with the “Battle of Gods” arc where the God of Destruction Beerus appears and the “Revival of ‘F'” arc where Freeza comes back to life, and then, I’ve written a strange new story where they finally depart from this universe. They’re fighting against their neighbors, Universe 6! They’ll yell at me if I give away too many spoilers, so I’ll keep the rest a secret, but they’re chasing after giant Super Dragon Balls; I think things will unfold in a bright and simple way, that will be really fun and exciting!

Since it’s another universe, loads of new characters will turn up. I’ll do my best to draw the tons of character designs necessary, so I’m looking forward to this too.

You know, it suddenly occurs to me that somewhere along the line the Dragon Ball anime has become quite a huge story. Since I’m the guy who drew the thing, it’s a bit weird for me to say this, but when I first started out I never dreamed it would have a universe as a setting (laughs). Don’t worry though, it’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always. Please be sure to watch Dragon Ball Super on TV!

Weirdest part to me is that they
plan on making the movies into arcs for the TV show. I wonder if they'll just use the movie footage or extend it.

Luigi87

0.jpg

That is a glorious set...
Though I wish the red case would have had one of Char's units on it (Preferably Zaku II or his Gelgoog).

So yeah this was spotted at FUNi's AX Booth:
h4jZHwU.jpg

Boy the first episode isn't even out in Japan and FUNi is damned sure to tell people this is their series now.

Also this is floating around Kaizex:
image.jpg

Vegeta: once a mighty planet conquering, bug eating kills a guy without a thought badass to riding on the choochoo with wifey and sonny boy.

Saiyan Saga Vegeta would vomit in horror.

The first episode is centered around Goku, the second one is centered around Vegeta. Here's hoping the third one is centered around Gohan.

image.jpg

Vegeta: once a mighty planet conquering, bug eating kills a guy without a thought badass to riding on the choochoo with wifey and sonny boy.

Is it just me or is Vegeta wearing the Badman shirt in that sketch?

541134-1358152_vegeta11_super.jpg

They both have similar collars.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So yeah this was spotted at FUNi's AX Booth:
h4jZHwU.jpg

Boy the first episode isn't even out in Japan and FUNi is damned sure to tell people this is their series now.

image.jpg

What game is that

image.jpg

Thats why it makes it so funny.

Also, glad the firsts episodes are lighthearted introduction at the status quo post-MajinBoo

From what a friend told me at AX it looks to be the Toei booth instead, so no word from Funimation. they are also showing the premiere trailer in japanese/no subs on that flatscreen in a loop and the people there handing out flyers are keeping their mouths shut on anything, most likely just some temps hired to hand out flyers and not anyone representing Toei there seeing as they were pretty clueless on what this show was.

So Toei is letting americans know this exists but thats it but they must have something planned if they even have a booth there at AX.

As proof heres my friend cosplaying as Kenpachi in front of their Goku statue at the entrance of the booth. damn I wish I could've gone this year I would've loved to have seen that Goku statue in person.

EDIT: Oh and also if your were curious of what that small monitor was by the opposite of the flat screen is, it takes your pic with a DBZ or One Piece character, like so.

I hope they take some time to explain what is God energy and how it works.

Can any Saiyan obtain God energy by that hand holding thing?

Is it something that tires you out?

In Revival of F, Goku doesn't even get the red hair. He goes right to blue. Is the Red Hair going to be phased out?
If SSGSS is just a matter of transforming to SS while in God form, can Goku go higher if he needed to? What if he was desperate and attempted to go SSJ3?

I know Goku doesn't want to go above SSJ for the sake of conserving energy and improving his natural abilities. But in a dire situation, I could imagine SSJ3 being useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom