• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed title is in development, lead by Ubisoft Sofia gearing for release in early 2022

Sleepwalker

Map bigger than Valhalla which was already way too big if the leaks are to be believed. Hopefully it won't be full of markers lol who am I kidding?

I wouldn't mind getting a single main character's streamlined history and none of this gender swapping stuff, If you want to make the female character canon then just have the balls and make your game with only a female protagonist. I usually prefer male protagonists but I'm down for whatever. Cautiously optimistic about this.

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

AC Feudal Japan or death!

You got Ghost of Tsushima already. This boat has sailed.

Here is a cool list of civilization they could do:
  • The Maya
  • The Incas
  • The Khmer
  • The Maori
  • The Mali Empire

History is filled with great stories and they keep using the same old, same old.
I'm sorry but Vikings and Pharaoh have been overdone and it's boring at this point.

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
I've just completed the curse of the pharaohs this morning and I enjoyed it greatly, so there's some trust in this studio.

On the other hand, I highly doubt Ubisoft would release an assassin's creed game in that time period when ac is historically their fall title.

Mista

Banned
donald duck vintage GIF

MadPanda

Banned

• The Maya
  • The Incas
  • The Khmer
  • The Maori
  • The Mali Empire

History is filled with great stories and they keep using the same old, same old.
I'm sorry but Vikings and Pharaoh have been overdone and it's boring at this point.

I really hope it's not going to be something in Europe, I'm already bored of it. I enjoyed Origins as it wasn't in Europe, architecture was different, animals, people everything was different. Mithology was also different and unfamiliar to me. Your list is very good and I hope they broaden their horizons.

Roufianos

Just don't see how this will peak my interest unless they fundamentally overhaul the combat and bloated design.

I liked Origins and loved Odyssey but Valhalla has been a slog at times.

YuLY

No it hasn’t
Between Ghost, Sekiro and Nioh1+2, yes it kinda has. I can see them doing it in like 6 years or so after another 3 games maybe, but if they make it now, it gives a vibe of later to the party.

What needs to happen before we move to wild/more obscure themes (mayans, maori etc) is Ancient Rome. I still want a game with the roman empire at its peak, with gladiators and shit. The reason why I hope it happens soon is that, if Ubisoft moves on from this "ancient times" periods I just dont see another developer that might make this type of game in this type of period, they are kinda the only ones that keep doing this stuff , for the most part non-fantasy.

After that, yes, I wouldnt mind Japan, China, India, maybe even tsars in Russia. Heck maybe WW2 could be cool, something more stealthy...maybe russian sniper/assassin in stalingrad.

Prison Mike

Banned

• The Maya
  • The Incas
  • The Khmer
  • The Maori
  • The Mali Empire

One game and the boat has sailed?

Double Take Smh GIF by Farmers Insurance ®

Valentino

I'm definitely the only one not mad on Japan 🙇‍♀️
I miss the dark thin alleys and tight building architect. But ironically Origins is my favourite after AC2

Strider311

Normally I’d be stoked, but I think Valhalla finally broke me. It’s just too much filler and devoid of an intriguing story. The juice just isn’t worth the squeeze anymore when it comes to AC, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
Between Ghost, Sekiro and Nioh1+2, yes it kinda has. I can see them doing it in like 6 years or so after another 3 games maybe, but if they make it now, it gives a vibe of later to the party.

What needs to happen before we move to wild/more obscure themes (mayans, maori etc) is Ancient Rome. I still want a game with the roman empire at its peak, with gladiators and shit. The reason why I hope it happens soon is that, if Ubisoft moves on from this "ancient times" periods I just dont see another developer that might make this type of game in this type of period, they are kinda the only ones that keep doing this stuff , for the most part non-fantasy.

After that, yes, I wouldnt mind Japan, China, India, maybe even tsars in Russia. Heck maybe WW2 could be cool, something more stealthy...maybe russian sniper/assassin in stalingrad.
Nioh and Sekiro scratch a different itch than AC does. You may have a point with GoT, but that doesn’t hinder a Samurai/Ninja AC with being successful next year.

But I get it, you want something else for now and i can respect that. Our earth features many awesome cultures and countries.

Last edited:

Ladioss

Keeping my fingers crossed for Song (or later) China.

Also, Ubi really need to upgrade their Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla formula - the current AC engine is really starting to show its limits.

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned
Seems early - hopefully it's a generational leap game at this point. Valhalla is great but once again very very long and the formula after 3 games is pretty much worn out. Not to say that all other Ubi games keep pulling out of the same playbook.

AC needs a course correction, it needs more focus. I hope Ubi sees it and takes steps to get us something great for next-gen consoles.

D3SCHA1N

Back in the early days of AC I wanted feudal Japan, but with the new grindy RPG structure I don't think it'd work as well. Also Ghost of Tsushima pretty much did it better than AC would anyway so any interest I had has disappeared. I would like to see India or something though.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Indians were shit at combat and pretty much let the East india company take over india without putting much of a fight.

Should be perfect for an AC game since they already have shit combat.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Early 2022 my ass. They always release in October.
Yes, but maybe it is time for a change. Maybe Valhalla's sales were lower against Cyberpunk and other big releases. If AC:V came out Late Feb maybe more would be excited for it right now. I have no clue. I liked the game but couldn't be assed to play anymore AC until at least October, probably March 2022.

Malakhov

Banned
Yes, but maybe it is time for a change. Maybe Valhalla's sales were lower against Cyberpunk and other big releases. If AC:V came out Late Feb maybe more would be excited for it right now. I have no clue. I liked the game but couldn't be assed to play anymore AC until at least October, probably March 2022.
valhalla was the best selling pc launch ever, doubt it

EDMIX

valhalla was the best selling pc launch ever, doubt it

Agreed. Especially when you factor AC Valhalla didn't get record refunds in the millions and is still charting.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/05/anim...no-1-of-2021-games-charts-2-january-13852595/

I don't see how any can even spin that as bad for Ubisoft or something. That RPG reboot is clearly helping the series.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely would be an interesting time if true. I admit I don't know much about Indian history or culture, so I'm not immediately excited, but I felt the same way about Egypt and I really enjoyed Origins, so I would definitely be interested in checking it out.

EDMIX

Definitely would be an interesting time if true. I admit I don't know much about Indian history or culture, so I'm not immediately excited, but I felt the same way about Egypt and I really enjoyed Origins, so I would definitely be interested in checking it out.

Same. Their artist do an amazing job with the world. I think we all know that Inca, Maya and or Native American AC open world RPG is pretty much a given. Its just a matter of time lol

I'd be shocked if we didn't get one of those in the next generation or 2. I feel a Native American one makes so much sense as the history and culture is rich with material. Though people understand they are playing a people that ultimately lose, i feel it will make the battles and epic fights that much more somber. I'm hype for what ever the team makes tbh.

Semi OT but I feel one of their teams needs to remake, remaster Unity to make it playable lol. If they remastered the first ones last gen, I feel Unity alone is deserving based on that horrid launch. Folks out here missing faces and shit lol Be like "AC Unity PS5 and Series X, definitive Face Edition, now with mo faces and less people flying"

Caio

Wake me up when an Assasin's Creed Game will get a 90+ on Meta, and I will buy it. I only apply this rule to franchise which release every one or two years, and they are not exactly my cup of tea. If an Assassin's Creed Masterpiece will ever come out, I will jump in and maybe it will help me to like the Game.

Last edited:

Arun1910

Looking forward to the revamp.

Origins was the best out of the last trilogy by far. Wasn't huge, wasn't bloated with story, had a great VA and Protagonist... the other 2, not so great.

But, we are at the start of a new console gen and at the end of that trilogy so that means a gameplay refresh which is exciting.

The 2 game rumour could be true. Last time we had a new gen we got AC Rogue for PS3/60 and then AC Unity for PS4/Xbox One.

Top Bottom