• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed title is in development, lead by Ubisoft Sofia gearing for release in early 2022

Woman7

Banned
zoom in donald trump GIF

Sejan

I don’t think it’s a rumor to suggest a new AC is coming. That’s pretty well fact at this point.

iorek21

Sofia is a good studio, and they are probably developing this one for quite some time already.

I just hope it is as inventive as Rogue was.

sublimit

Banned
Hope it's a return to form in terms of setting and atmosphere.Something more like AC1,AC2 (or even Unity) than the generic open-world RPG crap in the last 3 games.

But now where would they go with the story? China, Russia (Tsar Period or Rus Empire), India, Mongol Empire?
Spain and France during the time of Cathars and the Albigensian crusade would have been a great setting IMO.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Not releasing October this year?
I call bullshit..

Aesius

But now where would they go with the story? China, Russia (Tsar Period or Rus Empire), India, Mongol Empire?

Roman Empire at its peak needs to happen, IMO. We had medieval Rome in Brotherhood but not quite the same.

I also would love to see 14th century England (Robin Hood?!), but that seems unlikely to happen for quite some time after Valhalla.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Ubisoft is always late to the party so after 2 niohs, sekiro and ghost of tsushima I am assuming they will release an AC game in Japan

It's either AC Sengoku or AC Nobunaga.

I'd be interested.

Last edited:
Montreal just wrapped up Valhalla and Quebec Immortals Fenynx. Sofia is the best candidate

Immortals was co-developed with Ubisoft Bucharest, who designed everything from large parts of the world to major gameplay systems like abilities, combat, fauna and enemies. I don't think a mainline AssCreed will be developed by a satellite studio.

Kenpachii

sounds about right no ac game will release this year most likely, next year is what we can expect. i hope its a next gen game tho and not holded back by old gen consoles this time around.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm definitely expecting a new Assassin's Creed game in October/November 2021 or March 2022. Ubisoft seems to now release a game in back to back years with the third year being an off year. So basically, 2020/2021, off 2022, on 2023/2024, off 2025, etc.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Extra Extra: Pope is Catholic

I expect an almost yearly effort so I'd rather the setting or bust. I'm confirming that EA are developing a new NFL game codenamed Madden 22 with a release date later this year. Can't say more and compromise my sources.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I'm shocked.

It is like anybody trying to tell me the new CoD is in development.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
As someone who havent played any AC game since Syndicate

Can anyone make a story recap on whats going on right now

The story seems to be all over the place now and getting confusing

Last edited:
Valhalla ain't it for me. Stopped playing after 40 hours. Game is way too long for what it is.

Gameplay is ok. Story is ok at best, same with the acting.

Again just too long for what it is. Safe to say I won't be buying the next one.

Ubisoft just don't make very good game anymore for the most part.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
We haven’t seen a historical franchise like this in back to back years and old assassins creed conditioned people into thinking you have to stealth kill everything the series has come a long way.

Rikkori

AC India would be incredible, but it's just too good to be true. And also, fuck off Ubi, give me Ancient Rome! I really wouldn't believe they'll go back to single-gender protagonists either, it's going to be a choice.

Imo it's a very low credibility rumour.

EDMIX

Hopefully it's true, I loved AC Rogue it was my favorite Assassins Creed game.

If you trust them, so do I.

I admit I'm not a big AC fan. I hated the first game and pretty much ignored the series and then bought Origin years after it came out and loved it and many of you told me how good Odyssey was and bought that too so, I'm hopeful and trust this team can do it.

I don't think this team has made one of their big open world RPGs though.

Top Bottom