• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

tim.mbp

1. The Witness : Been waiting for a while now, but I am still really interested in exploring the island. The hype has only gotten stronger.

2. Firewatch : Game looks fantastic.

3. XCOM 2 : XCOM reboot was a lot of fun, and it sound like they have put a lot of thought into the sequel. Mods should be fantastic.

4. Fire Emblem Fates : Great series plus multiple storylines.

Brew124

1. Persona 5
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
4. Mass Effect: Andromeda
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
6. Star Ocean V: Integrity and Faithlessness
7. The Last Guardian
8. Nier: Automata
9. Uncharted 4
10. Gravity Rush 2

Certain games could easily make this list though, like Ni no Kuni 2, if they get confirmed for 2016.

Honorable Mentions go to:
- No Man's Sky
- Ratchet and Clank
- Yooka-Laylee
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- World of Final Fantasy

1. Dark Souls 3
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Uncharted 4
4. No Man's Sky
5. Persona 5
6. The Last Guardian
7. Yakuza 0
8. Valkyria: Azure Revolution
9. Cuphead
10. Hitman

Lots of really exiting japanese games hitting next year. Hopefully this is the start of new trend.

Tevren

1. Persona 5: My levels of hype for this know no bounds. Just shoot it straight into my veins.
2. No Man's Sky: While it might not be everything i hope it is, i can still see a lot of time being spent on it. The scope if true is staggering.
3. Horizon Zero Dawn: Hunting mechanized dinosaurs. Nuff said.
4. Dark Souls 3: Time to die lots, so the world might be mended.
5. Nier Automata: This might even overtake my #2 spot. Love the original, eager for more.
6. Final Fantasy Explorers: Going to lose a LOT of time on this one. Blue Mage!
7. Uncharted 4: Ready to see how this shakes the series up.
8. Dishonored 2: Owning shit up as Emily will be great. Love the world of Dishonored so much.
9. Zelda U: This would be higher if there weren't so many lingering doubts and questions surrounding it.
10. Firewatch: that trailer left me wanting more. Lots more. Want to know who is in the tower.

Mathieran

Banned
I'll try to add more later but for now:

1. No Man's Sky: I don't know for sure how this game will turn out, but the potential is sky high. Even if the gameplay is shallow, as long as there is good variety in the planets for exploration I will thrilled.

2. Legend of Zelda Wii U: Looks great from what we've seen so far. It's a Zelda game I don't really need much more reason.

3. Horizon: Robot dinosaurs? Good enough for me. Seriously, based on what we saw the combat also looks like it will be a lot fun too.

4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: I like what I see so far and Human revolution was awesome.

Will add more later.

Makonero

Not a lot of love for Pokemon GO in these lists. I mean, c'mon, catching pokemon in the real world. It's the dream! :p

Lunar15

Oh boy, I can't wait to see which games are most likely to get delayed!

1. Persona 5. No question, it's been my #1 for 3 years now. Everything they show looks better and better.

2. Zelda. It's Zelda. They're always good.

3. Witcher 3: Blood and Wine. Hearts of Stone was excellent and this looks even better

4. Gravity Rush 2

5. Dark Souls III

6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

7. Fire Emblem Fates

8. #FE. After a ton of initial reservations, I'm quickly becoming interested. It looks like its got the chops, idols aside.

9. Monster Hunter X

10. The Last Guardian

gasb0705

Banned
Here's mine:

1 - The Last Guardian
2 - Final Fantasy XV
3 - Persona 5
4 - Dark Souls 3
5 - Uncharted 4
6 - Gravity Rush 2
7 - Quantum Break
9 - Mass Effect: Andromeda
8 - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
10 - Horizon: Zero Dawn

1. Persona 5 - Sequel to my favorite JRPG? Yes, please.
2. Gravity Rush 2 - Loved the first game so a sequel with drastically better technology & more varied combat sounds amazing.
3. Rain World - Love the art style & the gameplay sounds very unique.
4. Dark Souls 3 - Big Souls/Bloodborne fan.
5. Genei Ibun Roku #FE (SMT x FE) - Secret shame - I've always wanted to make a pop idol RPG.
6. Dragon Quest VII remake - One of my least favorite games in one of my favorite series. Interested to see if the remake turns it into one of my favorites.
7. Uncharted 4 - The series has been good, dumb fun up until now.
8. Horizon: Zero Dawn - A lot of questions about this one but looks very promising.
9. The Last Guardian - Looks more ICO than SotC, but I like both so I'm game.
10. Salt & Sanctuary - 2D Dark Souls by the ever amazing Ska Studios.

Flunkie

Banned
1. Uncharted 4
2. Firewatch
3. Danganronpa V3
4. No Man's Sky
6. Mass Effect: Andromeda
7. Ratchet & Clank
8. Crackdown 3
9. Scalebound
10. Quantum Break

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. NieR: Automata
3. Star Ocean 5
4. Persona 5
5. Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
6. Mirror's Edge - Catalyst
7. Project Setsuna
8. World of Final Fantasy
9. Mass Effect: Andromeda
10. Telltale Batman Game

hughesta

Banned
1. Persona 5; Persona 4 and 4 are two of my favorite games of all time, and this sequel is not only a long time coming, but legitimately looka like a game that could best them both.

2. Dark Souls 3; I love Souls games, even Dark Souls 2. With Miyazaki back at the helm for this one, it's sure to be a proper sendoff.

3. Uncharted 4; The Naughty Gods are gonna do it again. No doubt.

4. NIER Automata; The Platinum touch, baby! NIER is a hugely underrated classic with one major flaw - its combat. With Platinum taking the reigns this time, it's going to be good.

5. #FE; It might not be what a lot of people wanted, but the game still looks like a blast to play, and its art is gorgeous too.

6. The Last Guardian: I've been waiting a very, very long time for this game. It's finally here.

7. The Legend Of Zelda Wii U (/ NX?); It's Zelda. It's open world. It's the Wii U's swan song, and hopefully the beginning of something beautiful with the NX. It can't not be spectacular.

8. Scalebound; Kamiya can do no wrong.

9. Firewatch; The game looks gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. One of the best looking games of the year, and if it really does have those subtle horror elements that write-up mentioned, it's going to be a spooky good time.

10. Final Fantasy XV; Another game that's been a long time coming. I'm not a huge FF fan, but the games can be great, and after its long development I'm cautiously optimistic that this game can be something special.

Will update with pics/gifs later.

RK128

My list will be from ones I know will be great too ones that I am more skeptical off.
1) Persona 5: This will be a classic, just like Persona 3 and 4, so I have no doubt this will be amazing. P5 will likely be my game of the year, so I am very excited finally play this next year :D.
2) Nier 2: Platinum's great action and quality gameplay mixed with the great elements from the original Nier? What is there NOT to be excited about XD! Just like Persona 5, I know this will be a really damn good game, so I am letting myself be excited about this :).
3) Ratchet & Clank: This game is one that mirrors the above; a series that is known for quality games and a developer that ensures they are really fun adventures. Between the game looking amazing, modernizing elements from the original Ratchet that I always wanted to see (strafing like in the latter games, upgrade system) and the levels being even more open then they were before (and the game had more of a platformer style than latter games); this will be a blast next year. One of the reasons I'm getting a PS4 honestly.
4) Uncharted 4: I enjoyed UC2 a lot, enjoyed the little I played of UC3 and loved GA on my Vita; like the series a lot. UC4 is something I know will be a great time and after seeing that narrative choice will have some part of the main story, I am interested in seeing how much control Naughty Dog is giving you throughout the game.
5) Final Fantasy XV: This is another game after Ratchet that has me pushing to get a PS4 next year. I want to play this after it having such a rough development cycle and after seeing how the game works (combat, overworld, design, ect) thanks to the open development, I am hopeful that this is an amazing game. This is low on the list due to expecting it to fumble into issues after launch (performance issues mainly) but still excited about it.

1)Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2)Horizon. Zero Dawn
3)Deus Ex Mankind Divided
4)Street Fighter V
5)Telltale Games Batman
6)Mirrors Edge: Catalyst
7)The Last Guardian
8)Yakuza Zero

Maybe
9) Resident Evil 2 Remake
10)Visceral's Star Wars Game

Par Score

1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
2. No Man's Sky
3. HITMAN
4. Mafia III
5. XCOM 2
6. Star Citizen
7. Mass Effect: Andromeda
8. The Witness
9. Torment: Tides Of Numenera
10. Master of Orion

So many good games coming out next year (until they're delayed to 2017 at least).

In order of anticipation:

1. Uncharted 4
2. Quantum Break
3. Dark Souls 3
4. The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
5. Mass Effect Andromeda
6. Firewatch
7. Zelda U
8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
9. Nier Automata
10. Horizon Zero Dawn

Hektor

1. Nier Automata
2. Persona 5
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Danganronpa 3
5. XCOM 2
6. Divinity: Original Sin 2
7. Total War: Warhammer
8. Torment: Tides of Numera
9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
10. Dishonored 2

1. The Last Guardian : I mean, how could this not be in my top spot? After years of speculation, dozens of rumors, and a man claiming he heard at a dinner table it was cancelled (or something like that) it is here and in the flesh. I have been hyped for TLG since it was first shown all those years ago, and I can not wait until I can finally get my hands on the finished product.

2. Horizon Zero Dawn : Dinosaur mechs you kill with explosives is something I have wanted forever, it is like a studio found my notes from when I was 12 and thought it would make for a pretty solid video game. After the E3 presentation it had this past June, I am literally foaming at the mouth in anticipation for this title, I need it NOW!

3. Persona 5 : I know for a fact this is at least the second year it has been on my list, maybe even the third? No matter, I am stupidly hyped for what Atlus is bringing to the table. Plus, that hype music they use in the trailers oh my goodness let me play it please.

4. Zelda U : My hype has unfortunately died a bit for Zelda U just due to the fact it has been MIA for the last year, and it's hard to keep up the hype so long. However, from what we have seen it looks so damn good and the thought of an open world Zelda is mouth watering. Hopefully Twilight Princess HD can keep me occupied until this releases sometimes next year.

5. No Man's Sky : Holy shit if this game delivers what it is promising then we are in for something special. Flying through an endless display of gorgeous planets just seems so relaxing and the fact that it just there oh my GOD. Let me get my hands on this ASAP, because despite everything I am still excited for this game and can't wait to see what it is all about next year.

6. One Piece Burning Blood : By far the most obscure game on this list, but my goodness just the little we have seen is enough to get me excited. I have been a fan of One Piece for nearly a decade and the fact that a game like this is coming out is too much for me to handle. Imagine not being hyped for Bartolomeo, because I can't.

7. Tom Clancy's The Division : I have a bit of trouble placing this so high, solely because of what Ubisoft has delivered in the past (and I was so damn excited for Watch Dogs). However, from the little we have seen and the fact I can play with my friends seems so good, and this game hits all the right notes for me. Can't wait to get my hands on this come March.

8. Cuphead : Not going to lie, this game coming to Xbox One was a driving force in me getting a Xbox One. That old Disney cartoon vibe it gives off is just too much, and I need to play this game as soon as possible.

9. Overwatch : Yup, I told myself I would not get excited for this, but here we are. All the gameplay I've seen thus far looks so good and there is a gorilla in the game so we might as well wrap up the 2016 GOTYs now.

10. Pokken Tournament : POKEMON FIGHTING. I was so excited when this got announced, then deflated it was on arcades only, now pumped for Spring 2016 when I can play as a Gengar, let's go.

Between all of this and some games that just missed my list, such as Final Fantasy XV, Ni No Kuni 2, South Park and Scalebound, next year is looking like a pretty expensive year for me and I could not be more excited.

Deku89

1) Zelda U
2) Fire Emblem Fates
3) Horizon: Zero Dawn
4) Scalebound
5) Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE

Sad, not too many big Nintendo games announced at the moment.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
1. Zero Escape Zero Time Dilemma
2. Ace Attorney 6
3. Bravely Second
4. Fire Emblem Fates
5. Zelda WiiU

2016 Wish Upon a Star: The Great Ace Attorney translation

... Not really in that order, but there ya go.

haikira

1. Uncharted 4
2. Quantum Break
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Dishonored 2
6. Shadow Warrior 2
7. Doom
8. Firewatch
9. The Last Guardian
10. Hitman

x. Gravity Rush 2
x. Mirrors Edge: Catalyst
x. Ratchet & Clank

1. Dark Souls 3
2. XCOM 2
3. Uncharted 4
4. Zero Time Dilemma
5. Persona 5
6. Firewatch
7. Street Fighter V
8. Horizon Zero Dawn
9. Fire Emblem Fates
10. Ratchet & Clank

I reserve the right to change my order since I had to leave out things like Day of the Tentacle Remastered and Danganronpa V3, but the top 5 will likely not change in order. It's crazy that a good chunk of what I'm most excited for is coming in the first half of the year - can't wait to see what the second half of 2016 brings.

Liha

Banned
1. Uncharted 4
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Persona 5
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. The Last Guardian
6. Deus Ex
7. Horizon
8. Star Ocean 5
9. Street Fighter 5
10. Mafia 3

1. Zero Escape 3
  2. Danganronpa 3
  3. Exogenesis (kickstarter)
  4. Obduction (kickstarter)
  5. Elysian Shadows (kickstarter)
  6. Yooka-Laylee (kickstarter)
  7. Jenny Leclue (kickstarter)
  8. The Witness
  9. Wanderer (kickstarter)
  10. Gravity Rush 2

Next year will hopefully be the year of the kickstarter lol. I might rearrange the ordering though.

speedomodel

1) Quantum Break: Remedy has released some of my favorite games of all time. Never let me down
2) Uncharted 4: Looks absolutely wonderful. One of my favorite game series. Complete faith in ND.
3) The Division: Everything I have seen looks wonderful.
4) Cuphead: So lovely, looks like a frustrating fun old time.
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior 3: Enjoyed the first two, early looks seem to indicate this will be a wonderful experience.
6) Deus Ex Mankind Divided: Love the series, haven't been disappointed yet. Looks excellent.
7) Horizon: Cautiously optimistic about this one. Killzone has continually disappointed but hoping this delivers.
8) ReCore: Haven't seen much, but I love the premise and the team behind it.
9) Homefront the Revolution: So ready for this, been wanting it since Crytek was working on it.
10) Gears of War 4: Starting to get back into the series with Ultimate and really loving it.

1. Senran Kagura Estival Versus: Gotta have my busty, cheesecake ninja girls game yo!

2. Fire Emblem Fates: I always loved the FE series, but Awakening really cemented its place in my heart and since fate is offering more of what Awakening had and more, how could I not be excited?

3. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: I've been looking forward to playing another digimon game for years and finally one is coming over. I cannot miss this one, who knows when the next is coming?

4. Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness: Finally another Star Ocean game. After the disappointment that was 45 I've got high hopes for this entry.

5. Megadimension Neptunia VII: Gotta have my Nep neps.

6. Dark Souls III
7. Final Fantasy Explorers
8. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
9. Street Fighter V
10. Uncharted 4

Heh, once again guys, these are not eligible as they haven't been officially announced for 2016:

-Cyberpunk 2077
-Final Fantasy VII Remake
-WiLD (despite GI's listing, it has no release window)
-The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine (expansion)

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Scalebound
3. Uncharted 4
4. The Last Guardian
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Street Fighter V
7. Persona 5
8. Ni-Oh
9. Raiden V
10. Toukiden 2

2016 is going to be incredible.

1. Persona 5 : loved P4G, wasn't a huge fan of 3. I have high hopes for 5.
2. Zelda Wii U : looks beautiful.
3. Yooka Laylee : the music alone will make this a winner.
4. Gran Turismo Sport : I'm hoping this is both a return to form and a reinnovation of the GT brand.
5. Uncharted 4 : it's UC4.
6. Ratchet and Clank : looks great, and the PS3 games were a blast.
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn : most promising new IP IMO.
8. South Park; The Fractured But Whole : more hilarity please.
9. Dark Souls 3
10. Danganronpa V3

p.s. thank you mods.

My hype list is as follows

1. Dark Souls III : I have a fever, and the only prescription is MORE SOULS!
2. Eve Valkyrie : When I saw the trailer with the Titan drop I could not breath. I need PS VR just for this one game!
3. No Man's Sky : I still believe in this childhood dream. Starship Hype is ready to GO!
4. Final Fantasy XV : Gives the same feeling as waiting for VII back in the day. Not sure what I'm getting but it looks SO COOL!
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Robosaurs, dinobots, whatever they are, they are AWESOME!
6. The Division : I still hope this will be as cool as the first trailer promised. I want to close that cop car door!
7. Mass Effect Andromeda : Kept this one under my radar, but I'm all for some grand scale science fiction storytelling!
8. Ni-Oh : Samurai Souls? Sign me in!
9. Paragon : This might actually the first MOBA I get into. Love the visuals!
10. Rise of the Tomb Raider : Enjoyed TR2013 and it seems the sequel holds the candle. Better late than never!

There are some other games I'm kinda looking to get, but I remain pretty neutral on them, so they are not getting my list of anticipated games.

Edit.: or I'll just fill this list with games that spring into mind.

Edit. 2: I forgot VR completely!

Burbeting

Banned
1. Final Fantasy XV - Want to see it actually come out, even if it means that the company and the fans are finally able to move on to new mainline games, that weren't introduced in 2006. Also hoping for the game to be good, as well!

2. Persona 5 - I immensely enjoyed Persona 4 Golden, and the trailers of 5 have been so far quite promising.

3. Uncharted 4 - The previous games in the series have been fun rides, and I expect for this game to be the same, even if it doesn't look revolutionary anymore.

4. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma - 999 and VLR were both very wellcrafted games. Here's hoping for ZTD not to disappoint!

5. Gravity Rush 2 - GR1 was one of my favorite Vita games, together with P4G

6. Ratched & Clank PS4 - Have always had a soft spot for this series, even though the last few games have been quite lackluster. This game looks very promising though.

7. No Man's Sky - It's sad, that a new IP is only at the seventh spot, but all of the six above have been on my waiting-lost for quite some time, sorry NMS! NMS looks very nice art-wise, and I like games that just let you explore places.

8. Gravity Rush Remaster - As I said, GR1 was one of my favorite Vita games, and I'm all for re-experiencing it all.

9. Horizon: Zero Dawn - Idea looks quite interesting, I just hope it has some actual plot in it, and not just monster-hunter style gameplay. The clash of two different eviromental styles work well.

10. NieR Automata - Have never played original NieR, but Automata has my interest.

Here's my list:

1. Persona 5
2. SMT IV Final
3. Gravity Rush 2
4. Digimon Cyber Sleuth
5. Danganronpa V3
6. Ray Gigant
7. Demon Gaze 2
8. Zelda Wii U/NX
9. Fire Emblem Fates
10. Zero Escape 3

yukonrye

1. Overwatch
2. Zelda WiiU
3. No Man's Sky
4. Horizon Zero Daen
5. Doom
6. Ratchet & Clank
7. Street Fighter V
8. Might No. 9
9. Fire Watch
10. The Witness

#1 is really Monster Hunter X NA release

Despera

Banned
1- Persona 5
2- The Last Guardian
3- Dark Souls 3
4- The Witness
5- No Man's Sky
6- NieR: Automata
7- Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time*
8- Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final
9- XCOM 2
10- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Runner up:

- Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness
- Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
- Fire Emblem: Fates
- Ni-Oh
- Hyper Light Drifter
- Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Rain World
- Zero Time Dilemma
- Outlast 2
- The Tomorrow Children

* subtitle pending localization.

CGwizz

1. Final Fantasy 15
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Mass Effect : Andromeda
4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
6. Street Fighter V
7. Dark Souls 3
8. The Last Guardian
9. No Man's Sky
10. Far Cry Primal

tim.mbp

reserving my spot.

So we can't list Dissidia or FFVIIR despite that both might be possible...

reserved

Haha, man, thinking back to the games that consistently get delayed for these things. I'll list mine in a bit.

Uh, *reserved.*

Gonna reserve this spot for later once I decide

I'm one of those "reserved" people. 2016 is a hard one, man.

Reserved, currently working on.

Can this be my spot? Ok. Reserved!

RESERVED

Will have to finish after I get back home.

I'll be back later

*reserved*

Reserved for later.

Oh boy, here goes the thinking

reserving here

Hey... I guess I'll reserve a spot! XD

Reserved.

reserved

gonna have to ponder on this over the afternoon

Reserving my spot for update tonight.

Reserving my spot while I think.

Reserving this badboy!

Reserving my spot.

lol

Menome

Honestly, "reserved"? Your vote gets counted anyway, guys.

1. Dark Souls III: 4 points
It's a game series where even the weakest entry can be termed "Very Good". Even if Miyazaki wasn't as involved as he was, this would still be my most anticipated game.

2. Battleborn : 3 points
Yes, honestly. I've wanted to get into MOBA-style games but just didn't enjoy how DOTA and LOL actually played. So, transporting the gameplay into a first-person shooter setting, replete with a diverse set of characters and Gearbox's humour and you've got a game the world may ignore but I think I'm going to love

3. Mirror's Edge - Catalyst : 3 points
The sequel we could only dream of a couple of years ago is finally seeing the light of day. I have some reservations over the open-city approach but I'm putting my faith in DICE to pull it off.

4. Gravity Rush 2 : 2 points
You could fit the original in here too, as I've never been able to play it due to lack of a Vita. The gameplay looks brilliant as does the setting, so I'm eager to finally get my hands on it.

5. The Tomorrow Children : 2 points
One of the most unique-looking games coming out next year, I'm intrigued as to how well it will work with everyone playing in conjunction with each other in the full release.

6. Bound : 2 points
And this is the other unique-looking game of next year. We don't know very much about it yet, but it's got me excited.

7. Deus Ex - Mankind Divided : 1 point
Human Revolution was a remarkably decent follow-up for my favourite game of all time. Hopefully they'll be able to continue the trend and give us another slice of uber-broody stealth gameplay.

8. Street Fighter V: 1 point
I've never owned a Street Fighter game in my life, but without a clear release date for Tekken 7, this will scratch my fighting-game itch.

9. Uncharted 4: 1 point
It's Uncharted. We know what it will be, we know it's likely to be a solid action-adventure and I'll gladly go through it.

10. Persona 5 : 1 point
I thoroughly enjoyed everything in Persona 4 except the dungeons and combat. Which is a problem when it's half the game. If Persona 5 can prove it's progressed sufficiently from that, I'll definitely pick it up.

KeigoNiwa

1. Legend of Zelda WiiU: The new game looks gorgeous and I'm a huge Zelda fan so I can't wait to get more info from this title.

2. Final Fantasy XV: We've all been waiting, and although the more I hear about it the more I don't like certain aspects of the game, I still find myself just wanting more. I really hope Square Enix really pushes for 2016. I don't want development of FF7 remake to hold this back (not sure if there has been confirmation of there is or isn't

3. Fire Emblem Fates: This was hard, choosing this or Bravely Second for third spot, while story wise I can honestly say I'm anticipating both the same, it's the OST that puts this game over the edge. This game has an OUTSTANDING soundtrack that far surpasses its predecessor IMO. And I can't wait to experience it in game.

4. Bravely Second: I really want this game to do well, because I do believe there is room in the market for a modern turn based RPG. The soundtrack is a let down for this title, but I'm hoping the gameplay and story holds well in the west.

5. Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD: it's my favorite of all the Zelda's. I seriously can't wait to replay this in HD :)

6. Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2: the first was fun, no need for a long explanation here :p

I think that's it, I can't really think of 4 games that I'm anticipating haha

Stealth edited to add LOZ:TP HD

1. Persona 5 It has to come out right?
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Uncharted 4
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Legend of Zelda Wii U
6. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
7. Mass Effect Andromeda
8. Gravity Rush 2
9. The Last Guardian
10. Overwatch

Jawmuncher

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. Ni-Oh
3. Scalebound
4. Bravely Default 2
5. Fire Emblem Fates
6. Persona 5
7. Gears of War 4
8. Nier: Automata
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. Uncharted 4

#FE or whatever the hell that SMT x FE game i'm pretty excited for as well but there has been no news on the US release or name sadly.

1 Cyberpunk 2077
2 Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
3 Zelda Wii U
4 Deus ex mankind divided
5 Uncharted 4
6 Zelda twilight princess
7 Horizon zero dawn
8 mass effect Andromeda
9 Persona 5

Cyberpunk deserves Top spot for me based on how good witcher 3 was. I think I will probably prefer the setting to witcher.
Mount and blade warband is excellent so I am very excited v for the sequel. It has been a really long wait, so I hope it is good.
The others are fairly self explanatory. I wouldn't normally list a remaster but I have never played twilight princess.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
1. Mass Effect Andromeda:

Through all my years of gaming, there has been nothing like Mass Effect. I grew up on Star Trek, on Star Wars. On Battlestar, and Farscape, and Babylon 5. I wanted something like that, but interactive. I needed it. In 2004, I stopped gaming. My library, paltry as it was, was stolen. I gave up on the whole scene (with the exception of FFXII at a friend's house) for four years. Then in 2008 I was persuaded to get an Xbox 360 and give the first Mass Effect a whirl. Everything changed. Gaming was back. I lived and breathed that trilogy. I attended conventions, volunteered to assist the company, toured Edmonton's studio, net countless friends, cracked jokes with Patrick Weekes. I get the criticisms, but they're all marvelous experiences. Flawed but marvelous, and custom-tailored to my exact interests. Andromeda is a huge departure from what has come before us... and that's terrifying in the best possible way.

2. Final Fantasy XV:

I mentioned my space-bound passions in the previous write-up. What I didn't mention was my love of Squaresoft. I was 17 when Versus was announced. 17. That same year, I found a way to play FFXII, breaking from my lengthy gaming hiatus. I had hope. Faith. That was all betrayed repeatedly with Square's output across the last generation. But things look good now. They really, truly, honest-to-Elhaym do. The new president is righting the ship, but is it too late? Is the ship already sinking? Who knows, but FFXV looks like a good time. The bro trip gig has limited appeal for me, but the lore sounds cool and the world looks neat. I really hope this game doesn't release when Andromeda does. Don't play such games with my heart.

3. Uncharted 4:

The legend ends. Supposedly. I got into Naughty Dog late (2013) but rushing through UC1-3 absolutely guided me toward a passion for their output. Strong cinematic gaming experiences are a huge deal for me. Can't wait.

4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:

I played Human Revolution recently and I liked it. I wouldn't say I loved it. I felt the character work and script could have been more detailed. Still, it was a solid sci-fi performance and I eagerly await the sequel. And for once a game is coming out near my birthday! Hype!

5. Setsuna:

A return to "Old Square" will grab mg attention every single time. Let's all support this new studio!

6. Star Ocean 5:

The first Star Ocean in seven years? More like, the first Star Ocean in twelve years. 4 never happened. It never. Happened.

7. Horizon:

Tentatively excited. I don't much care for collect-o-thons, and I worry that that's what we will get. The setting is fantastic, though. Just... it will need a deep story to really get me interested.

8. Zelda:

I try not to think about this game, because I don't care for many Nintendo properties outside of Zelda, and the open world approach worries me. But y'know, I mean, my favorite Zeldas are WW/TP/SS. Yep, those three. So obviously I am a fan of the more recent big 3D entries above all. So I really should get hype. I just don't know if even Zelda is enough anymore for me to invest in Nintendo hardware.

9. Persona 5:

I'm a recent convert to the world of Persona, and honestly, I'm still not its biggest fan. There are parts to it that I could really do without. The high school scene is... well... it doesn't really appeal to me. But it's a good series and I enjoyed my time with 3 and 4 well enough and 5 looks more serious, more driven. Definitely picking this up.

Top Bottom