• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

Almond

1. NieR Automata - Was not expecting this, so it got instantly bumped to number one.

2. The Last Guardian - Still excited, and I'm glad to see it looks exactly the same so many years later.

3. Legend of Zelda Wii U - We don't really know much about it yet, but I know I'll like it.

4. Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories - Because no one else is going to care.

*Finally a member after all these years.

SxP

1. Uncharted 4 : I’m looking forward to this game more than I did last year. The more open world games I play, the more I long for some Uncharted.
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn : The setting looks great, the graphics look great and… mech-dinos. How can anyone not want this.
3. The Last Guardian
4. Persona 5
5. Zero Escape 3
6. Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst
7. Mass Effect: Andromeda
8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
9. Trails of Cold Steel
10. Danganronpa V3

I could sum up my comments for 3 until 10 with "I liked the previous entry/entries in the series, and the footage shown so far looks pretty good."

v0yce

1) The Last Guardian
2) Ni-Oh
3) The Legend of Zelda Wii U
4) Scalebound
5) Street Fighter V
6) Cuphead
7) Nier: Automata
8) Fire Emblem Fates
9) No Man's Sky
10) Horizon: Zero Dawn

Honorable mention
Ace Combat 7 (fingers crossed for a 2016 release)

1) Horizon Zero Dawn: I love everything revealed about this game so far. The art, graphics, gameplay and concept all put this comfortably at my top.

2) Uncharted 4: Coming off of The Last Of Us which I might say is my favorite game of all time, my expectations for this game are at an all time high. I'm pretty sure anything less than a masterpiece, generation defining game will leave me disappointed.

3) The Last Guardian: I love ICO and SOTC. I can't wait to expolore the atmospheric and mysterious world with Trico.

4) Dark Souls 3: Souls games are awesome. Bloodborne is one of the best games ever made and Miyazaki is directing again. Can't wait.

5) Ni-Oh: Game looks like it has really fun, challenging combat and a eerie world to explore.

1. Zero Escape 3 - Zero Time Dilemma: This only needs to be half as good as the other two ZE games to be the best game of 2016, such is my excitement for the game and the series.
2. Star Fox Zero: I don't care what anyone says, this game looks great. I have faith in Platinum to help deliver the first good Star Fox game in nearly twenty years.
3. The Legend of Zelda Wii U - Whatever the Subtitle Will Be: Not a lot to be said given how little we know about it, but at least it looks pretty! And as of yet it doesn't appear to have any obnoxious gimmicks, like the wolf crap from TP or the Motion+ controls from Skyward Sword.
4. Nier Automata: Just give me a depressing story. The gameplay already looks great, so just make me want to curl up in a ball and cry.
5. Dead or Alive Xtreeeeeeeme 3: This is the game that'll get me to buy a PS4. There are other games that I thought looked cool, and when Nier was announced, I thought "I hope I can borrow someone's PS4 for that," but with DoAX3, well, now a purchase is guaranteed. Eventually.
6. Genei Ibun Roku #FE: Big, bouncy anime breaseses. Hopefully NoA doesn't censor the hell out of this.
7. Fire Emblem Fates: More Fire Emblem! That NoA will probably censor the hell out of. If we're being specific, I plan on getting Conquest and then we'll see what the consensus is on the other ones.
8. Cosmic Star Heroine: I just googled this game to find out its release date and it looks like it's getting a physical release. Neat! And I own a Vita now, so I don't have to say I'll play it whenever I eventually get a PS4.
9. Project X Zone 2: Bouncy Morrigan boobies and I think there's some gameplay in there somewhere
10. Scalebound: Don't own an Xbone and don't know if I ever will, buuut it's a Kamiya game, so I'll play it one way or another

Honorable mention to The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa, which would've made my list if it didn't currently have a release date of 2023.

1. Horizon: Until Dawn: game looks absolutely gorgeous. I expect Guerilla to deliver a great game.

2. Dishonored 2: Dishonored was probably my favorite game of last generation. I'm really looking forward to the sequel and the new protagonist.

3. Uncharted 4: Naughty Dog. Nuff said.

4. Mass Effect Andromeda: looking forward to the next installment to this awesome series

5. Doom: I like what I saw from E3. I'm hoping for a classic FPS experience especially after playing the wonderful Wolfenstein: The New Order

6. Batman Telltale series: I haven't played any Telltale games, but I'm down for this.

7. Nier Automata: looks cool as hell.

8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: I really enjoyed the first game. Looking forward to the sequel.

9. The Witness: Beautiful game. Can't wait to experience this.

10. The Division: looks cool. Hope it lives up to my expectations.

Suzzopher

1. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
2. Uncharted 4 A Thief's End
3. Ratchet & Clank
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. Street Fighter V
6. Dishonored 2
7. The Last Guardian
8. Mass Effect Andromeda
9. Persona 5
10. Alienation

P90

1. Fire Emblem: Fates
2. Persona 5
3. Yookalaylee
4. Project X Zone 2
5. Zelda WiiU
6. Star Fox Wii U
7. #FE

1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
2. Quantum Break
3. Dishonored 2
4. Crackdown 3
5. Mass Effect Andromeda
6. Scalebound
7. Halo Wars 2
8. Gears of War 4
9. Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
10. Recore

1. Uncharted 4
2. Persona 5
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. Nier Automata
6. SMT IV Final
7. Zero Escape 3
8. No Man's Sky
9. Scalebound
10. The Last Guardian

Xena

1. Persona 5 : I loved Persona 3 and 4 (but I did get LTTP on this series), and I’m looking forward to this one mostly because it will be the first time I actually get to experience the series when the game is released. It’s looks super stylish, I just hope the dungeons are not as bland as in the other games.
2. Mass Effect Andromeda : I hope it’s more like ME1, with tons of world building codex, dialogues, information about the world and its habitants
3. Fire Emblem Fates : I love this series, and from what I read from the Japanese impressions on the game, I believe it will be as good as the others so it's a day-one buy from me
4. Horizon Zero Dawn : It blew me away when it was announced and I really hope it makes it to release this year.
5. Street Fighter V : My go-to fighting game, can’t wait for this iteration.
6. Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 2 : I got hooked on this series when I played the Trails in the Sky FC game when it came on Steam. Now I do my best to support this series that respects my time by providing with tons of coherent storylines and charismatic characters.
7. Quantum Break : I’ll borrow my brother’s Xbox One just as I had to borrow his WiiU for Xenoblade. I like the premise and the visuals of the game, I hope it turns out great
8. Final Fantasy XV : I have been playing FF since the mid nineties, but I’m not really feeling it with FFXV. Regardless, I always end up getting on release day so I’d be lying to myself if this game didn’t make it into my list
9. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness : I know. Here’s hoping it’s more like 2 and not like 4.
10. Uncharted 4 : Mostly to see if ND can surpass what they did with Last of Us. Not much of an Uncharted fan

1. Persona 5
2. Horizon:Zero Dawn
3. X-Com 2
4. Mass Effect: Andromeda
5. No Mans Sky
6. Alienation
7. The Tomorrow Children
8. The Division
9. World of Final Fantasy
10. Hitman

1. Persona 5; The same key figures that brought P3 and P4, two of an increasingly small number of "classic" JRPGs with turn-based play, lots of text and a relentless focus on setting, character and music, Katsura Hashino (director), Shigenori Soejima (character design) and Shoji Meguro (composer) are heading up P5, and I can't wait to get lost in it. There's a certain continuity of style inside P3 and P4 that made them so polished and memorable, and from the evidence of P5's trailers, it's going to be back again.

2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U; It's Zelda with a big, inviting, beautiful, world map, as well as great dungeons. I hope. A mainline Zelda still feels an event to me.

3. Uncharted 4; After The Last of Us I would buy whatever Naughty Dog came out with sight unseen, but the kinetic, spawling gunfights in the glorious UC4 gameplay trailer got me excited that they might well get back to the heights of UC2 in their main series.

4. Horizon: Zero Dawn; I watched the trailer and got hyped. That doesn't happen often at big conferences for me nowadays.

5. Final Fantasy XV: I'll buy it and play it and enjoy what I can. I thought FFXIII was a creditable dungeon crawler after an excruciatingly slow start, and FFXV may well be more than that.

6. Valkyria Chronicles: Azure Revolution; Because I thought VC was never going to be seen on consoles again.

7. Rime; Cooled on this since I fear it's fallen into bad times with the lack of information since the 2014 trailer, but the fact I still immediately remembered it says something.

8. Scalebound; "Directed by Hideki Kamiya." I am interested.

aechris

1. Nier: Automata
2. Persona 5
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. The Last Guardian
5. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
6. Gensei Ibunroku #FE
7. Yakuza 0
8. Amplitude
9. Fire Emblem Fates
10. Bravely Second

Kyoufu

1. Horizon: Guerrilla Games's new IP not only looks beautiful but also looks like a Western RPG with good combat. Any game that draws inspiration from Dragon's Dogma shoots up to the top of my list.

2. Final Fantasy XV: It's been TEN years since the announcement of Versus XIII. While XV may not be the same as Nomura's vision, it'll hopefully be the first mainline FF I enjoy in a decade.

3. No Man's Sky: The sheer scale of this game pulls me in and fascinates me. Having played Elite: Dangerous I'm fully aware of what to expect, and I expect a great game.

4. Gravity Rush 2: Loved the original on Vita so this is obviously going to be something I look forward to. Not only does it look pretty but it looks bigger and better than the first game.

5. Ni-Oh: The marriage of Onimusha and Dark Souls with a hint of Ninja Gaiden, the gameplay footage at TGS and PSX sold me instantly. Koei Tecmo look like they have a winner on their hands with this one.

6. NieR Automata: The first NieR was one of my favourite RPGs of last generation, with its dark, grim world and superb writing, I'm hoping this continues in that fashion.

7. Star Ocean 5: tri-Ace with a budget? Count me in. Wasn't a fan of SO4 so hopefully this is a big improvement.

8. Valkyria: Azure Revolution: Another Valkyria game? Granted this is more of a spin-off of sorts than the SRPG we've come to adore, but I'll take any game set in the Valkyria universe.

9. World of Final Fantasy: Too adorable to pass up, and a turn-based FF is always welcome. Looks like there's a lot of fanservice in this one, and I'm a fan, so yay.

10. Dragon Quest VII: Continuing my series playthrough, I was worried that I would never get to play the remake of DQVII, but I'm grateful that Square-Enix are localising this even though nobody is going to buy it.

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : Everything about this game excites me. The gorgeous aesthetic, the potntial story hints, the teases at game play mechanics, the possibilities really.As a person who really enjoyed Skyward Sword I like this type of experimentation and given the realities of the industry I feel that the utter lack of other games of this type enhance that feeling. It is this off feeling of new and old in a syntactic fusion of east and west.

2. Fire Emblem Fates : Despite having played many of the games that have come over to NA it wasn't until Awakening that the series really clicked for me. As such I cannot wait to see what the follow up entails.

3. XCOM 2 : The first game was one of the standouts of the generation and I can't wait to see where they go with it. Also I'm just a sicker for these types of alien resistance stories.

4. Warhammer Total War : This is my jam! As a huge fan of the world this is the type of game I have always envisioned. Giant battles and political drama all set in the original Grimdark world.

5. Ibun Roku #FE : Maybe this will be good or not but it is intriguing to me. These sort of odd cross overs are always interesting to me if just see how different people interpret the series involved and where that can take off.

6. Yooka-Laylee : In a world where there are fewer big 3d platformers than ever something like this is exciting. A chance to see how these old standards can be updated to the modern era and show that is still an audience for this type of experience.

7. Ni-Oh : This was one of the first games of last generation to interest me. To see it return it such a form dripping with atmosphere I can not help but be excited. A game that draws heavily on Japanese history and myth is something I have wanted for years.

8. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD : One of my favorite games is getting remastered and I cant wait. I would love to see what changes they will make to it.

9. Mirrors Edge Catalyst : The first game got none of the respect it deserved as a first person plat former. Though I'm iffy about some of the open world aspects if they can nail that feeling of moving through the environment I it would be so great.

10. Horizon Zero Dawn : I'm very uncertain about the actual game structure and mechanics but that aesthetic may well be able to pull me through that.

Muzy72

Banned
1. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) : Once again, Zelda Wii U tops my list. Disappointed that it did not release in 2015, but still as excited as ever! Since last year, all we've seen is a 13 second clip from November's Nintendo Direct, but man oh man did that clip have me salivating. Hoping to see it be an NX launch game but we'll see.

2. The Last Guardian : Lord knows how long I've been waiting for this game. Shadow of the Collosus is easily in my top 10 games ever, and the wait for the follow up has been too damn long! No one in this industry can create games like Fumito Ueda. The glimpse of gameplay we saw at E3 is extremely promising, and I have full faith this game will live up to the hype.

3. Fire Emblem Fates : Fire Emblem Awakening was one of my surprise hits from 2013, so it's only natural I'm excited for the follow up. The 3 branching storylines is a great concept which will have me playing the game for a long time.

4. Gravity Rush 2 : Thank God Sony is giving this franchise another shot on PS4. The first game is one of the best games on Vita and I've been dying for a sequel ever since I beat the first game. The game looks gorgeous and I love the new gravity mechanics. Also looking forward to replaying the first game remastered!

5. Final Fantasy XV : The long awaited Versus XIII is finally going to come out. All the hype around this game got me to finally play some Final Fantasy games (played through 1, 4, 6, and currently playing 7), and it's now become one of my favorite franchises ever. Interested to see how this one shapes up.

6. Ace Attorney 6 : While it sucks that Capcom won't localize Dai Gyakuten Saiban, I'm still very much looking forward to playing AA6. Dual Destinies is my second favorite game in the series, so I'm excited to see what the team comes up with this time! And for the love of God, bring back Maya!!!

7. NieR Automata : I quickly dropped the first NieR because I wasn't really feeling the gameplay, but now that Platinum is developing my interest has shot up 1000x. The Paris Games Week footage looks phenomenal, and I've heard nothing but great things about Yoko Taro's story telling. Recipe for greatness!

8. Scalebound : Any game Hideki Kamiya directs is a day 1 purchase for me. This game is why I bought an Xbox One.

9. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD : While I'm not the biggest fan of the original release, I'm willing to give this game another shot. The improvements made in Wind Waker HD very much changed my opinion on the game and I'm hoping the same thing happens here.

10. Star Fox Zero : Miyamoto x Platinum, what could go wrong? While the E3 footage didn't look so hot, the game looks much improved in the recent Nintendo Direct. And with the delay giving them time to polish things up, this game could easily be the best in the franchise since Star Fox 64.

Had to leave out some other fantastic games I'm looking forward to like Persona 5, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Overwatch, Ratchet and Clank, Below, Cuphead, The Witness, DanganRonpa 3, Zero Escape 3, and others, which shows just how damn good of a year 2016 will be!! Probably the first time I could make a top 25 list of games I'm looking forward to!

1. Uncharted 4 A Thief's End : I'll buy whatever Naughty Dog sells. I enjoyed the multiplayer a lot.
2. Horizon Zero Dawn : Looks sooo good.
3. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : Can't wait to do a 'no shooting run'.
4. The Last Guardian : Hopefully this year.
5. Thimbleweed Park
6. Oxenfree : Really interesting story.
7. Day of the Tentacle Remastered
8. The Witness
9. Inside
10. Rime

Fbh

1. Dark Souls 3: Some might argue that franchise fatigue is starting to become a thing with the souls games. And I can see why, with Dark Souls 2 last year (and Scholar of the First Sin), Bloodborne this year and Dark Souls 3 next year it pretty much feels like an annualized franchise now (Bloodborne technially isn't but it feels similar). But it's my favorite franchise of all time and as long as souls style games directed by Miyazaki don't show a drop in quality, and so far they haven't IMO, this franchise will continue to be on the top of my hype list

2. Nier Automata: Nier is one of my favorite games of last gen. And now here comes a sequel with the same core members that made the original great but this time developed by one of my favorite developers (Platinum)

3. Uncharted 4: Love this franchise and I can't wait to finally play a Naghty Dog game made from the ground up for the Ps4

4. Persona 5: While I like the mainline Shin Megami Tensei franchise better, Persona 5 looks great. I really liked everything they have shown and at least from the trailers they seem to have worked on my biggest issue with previous games: the dungeons.

5. Horizon Zero Dawn: I really like Guerilla as a dev. Their games are flawed but I've allways enjoyed them. I'm happy to see them working on a new IP and it looks great. Cool main characters, nice visuals, great looking world and mecha dinosaurs, what more can you ask for?

6. Gravity Rush 2: Vita fans forgive me but ever since I got the chance to play the original I've felt that it was too good of a franchise to let it die with the Vita. So seeing the sequel made for Ps4 has me incredibly hyped. With the extra hardware (and probably budget) they can take this franchise to the next level

7. Firewatch: I've tried not to watch too much footage to not spoil the experiene. But from what I've seen I'm loving the visual style and the story seem really intriguing. Something tells me this will be on to remember

8. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: From the story to the gameplay I really liked Human Revolution, it's easily in my top 10 of last gen games. So I'm hyped for the sequel. Would have ranked higher but Thief had a negative effect on the my confidence in Eidos Montreal

9. The Last Guardian: I'm more of a Shadow of the Colossus guy than an ICO guy. ICO was a fun puzzle game but SOTC was a one of a type experience. This one seem to be aiming for the same style as ICO and for all we know has been faced with lots of development issues, so I'm still not sure it will be as good as I hope it is. But the hype is still there

10. Ni Oh: Did someone say Souls inspired Samurai game?

Neff

1. Zelda U : Ultimate no brainer, first Zelda constructed from the ground up in HD, it's gonna be fuuuuucking amazing.
2. Scalebound : Kamiya does dragons, he loves dragons, it's gonna be amazing.
3. Dark Souls III : It says something of the strength of this franchise that I'm happy to buy the latest game based on the name alone, and despite minimal changes to the format. It's probably gonna be amazing.
4. Star Fox U : Hashimoto sadly beat Kamiya to the punch, but I'm confident that a Star Fox game from PlatinumGames simply cannot go wrong.
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : See above.
6. Tekken 7 : I love Tekken.
7. Street Fighter V : I love Street Fighter, but not as much as Tekken.
8. Dissidia 3 : May just make it into this year.
9. Final Fantasy XV : I didn't get on with the demo at all, but it's hard not to be incredibly curious about a game this big, or this long in the making.
10. Ni-Oh : I'm not sold on it by any means, but it looks nice.

I will of course be buying Resident Evil 0 Remaster and the rumoured PS4 version of Resident Evil 6 without hesitation, in addition to any other Resident Evil/Zelda/Metroid anniversary goodies lurking round the corner.

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : I've loved everything I've seen of this thus far, and I enjoyed playing the beta. My favorite part has to be the scene from PSX where Nate and his brother Sam reunited. I'm very confident that Naughty Dog will deliver something special once again.

2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : We haven't seen much of late, but it's the Legend of Zelda we're talking about. So it will probably be amazing.

3. Horizon Zero Dawn : Horizon is the most exciting new I.P. I've seen in years. This is the type of game Guerrilla should be making. I can't wait to see more of Aloy and her world.

4. The Last Guardian : It's taken forever for TLG to reappear, but I really hope this will be the year we finally get to play the follow-up to Ico and my favorite PS2 title Shadow of the Colossus.

5. Final Fantasy XV : Another game that's been cooking for a while, I along with many others have been eagerly anticipating this game since it's original reveal as Versus XIII. The XIII trilogy was a letdown but I'm hopeful that Tabata and his team will make this worth the wait.

6. Fire Emblem: Fates : Awakening was my first foray into this SRPG series and I liked what I played, waifus and all. I have the Collector's Edition preordered and am ready to play both storylines.

7. Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue : I never got around to playing Dream Drop Distance so this is a good chance for me to catch-up. I also look forward to the bonus chapter featuring Aqua.

8. Gravity Rush 2 : It's great that Sony is giving the franchise another chance on PS4. The original was a fun and unique experience.

9. Persona 5 : I've never played a Persona game before but the trailers look great and have convinced me to give the series a shot.

10. Wattam : I dug Katamari Damacy and Nobi Nobi Boy so I'll probably like Wattam too. It seems right up my alley.

1. Legend of Zelda Wiiu
2. SMT IV Final
3. Nier: Automata
4. Doom
5. No Man's Sky
6. Unravel
7. Persona 5
8. Star Fox Zero
9. Dark Souls 3
10. Dishonored 2

Just making a last minute list. Don't mind me.

Jarlaxle

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: My favorite game series getting a new mainline entry. How could I not be most excited for this.

2. Final Fantasy XV: Still the premier JRPG experience and I'm super psyched to play it.

3. Neir: Automata: The reason for me to probably wind up picking up a PS4. The first one is still so haunting.

4. The Division: I'm still psyched to see what this turns into and hope that I can convince my friends to pick it up and play with me.

5. Uncharted 4: I've enjoyed all the other Uncharted games and therefore assume I will with this as well.

6. Mass Effect Andromeda: More Mass Effect. 'Nuff said.

7. Scalebound: Looking to see more from this but an RPG made by Platinum Games that features dragons? Sounds right up my alley.

8. Killer Instinct Season 3: Looking for more KI goodness and interested to see how Kim Wu, Tusk, and Gargos are reimagined along with more phenomenal new characters. This really is my favorite fighter of all time I think.

9. Mirror's Edge Catalyst: I really enjoyed the first one and have high hopes they can take it to the next level.

10. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: I definitely asked for this.

N E R O

1- Persona 5: Persona never fails me as a series , the quality that Atlus put in their games is just beyond the imagination. P4G has the best pacing in the Jrpg games.I spent 90 hours on the game with out getting bored. Can't wait for P5

2- FFXV: looking forward to play yet another FF game.I haven't finished any of the 13's game since I really did not like the setting. But this one looks so charming and I have no problems with Tabata San.

3- Uncharted 4: i was a little bit disappointed with the delay.but Uncharted as a series fulfilled whatever I need from an action adventure game.can't say no more to Naughty Dog.

4- Dark Souls 3: Can't wait to Play yet another Souls game from Miyazaki San. I had a blast playing every game in series.

5- Dragon Quest VII: I thought SE and Nintendo skipped on the 3ds western release since we've been waiting for such a long time before it got announced to be released.this the only DQ game I haven't played.looking forward to play it.

6- Geni Ibun Rouku#FE : can't say no to an Atlus rpg game.it's just filled with colores and looking so nice.

7- Horizon: everything about that game looks perfect. Just wanna know how Gorilla Games is going to implement this new approach

8- Danganronpa 3: the main Danganronpa games were so crazy,I had a blast playing them last year. Never say never to more craziness with different approach this time

9- Zelda WiiU:I'm not the biggest Zelda fan out there, but damn this looks so gorgeous.

10- Gravity Rush 2: this game looks fabulous and I hope it's going to be released sometime next year

My numbers are mostly arbitrary. Other than Mirror's Edge there's not much separation in my mind.

1. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
The first is one of my favorite games of all time. They seem to be heading in the right direction with this one, so it's easily on top of my list.

2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
It's this high because it's a competent game, looks like it should be a solid port and it's releasing soon.

3. Mass Effect: Andromeda
I can't help myself.

4. Shadow Warrior 2
I'm glad these sorts of games can still get made. The remake and the original are both great and I'm hoping this will be, too.

5. X-COM 2
Not much longer to wait.

6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
I think they know what they are doing. They mostly did with HR.

7. Zelda U
Or Zelda NX / U. Or whatever. I don't care. I'll probably play it.

8. Unravel
Just about the cutest thing ever.

9. Little Devil Inside*
They say 2016. I hope it's 2016.

10. Necropolis*
Everything about the aesthetic seems designed for me. Combat looks good. Really looking forward to more information and a (I think) 2016 release.

*I'm not sure if these are solid enough in 2016 to count.

Also: BARKLEY 2, Astroneer, Limit Theory (uhhhhh maybe?), Aer, Road Redemption and Firewatch are all games I'll keep an eye on in 2016.

1. No Man's Sky : This has the potential to be my dream game. Let's hope it lives up to the hype.
2. The Witness : I still don't really have any idea what this is, and I don't want to know anything more until I boot it up.
3. Superhot : The demo is an incredible concept, and I can't wait to see what the final game has to offer.
4. Firewatch : This game has style for miles.
5. Tacoma : I enjoyed the ideas behind Gone Home but didn't connect with the story on a personal level. I hope Tacoma changes that.
6. Adr1ft : What can I say? I'm a sucker for atmospheric exploration games.
7. Enter the Gungeon : Nuclear Throne has never really clicked with me, but Enter the Gungeon looks more up my alley.
8. Yooka-Laylee : I'm trying to keep my expectations for this game low. I hope it blows them out of the water.
9. The Division : I might be a sucker for putting this game on my list, but I'm holding out hope that it can deliver on its promises.
10. Dreadnought : I honestly just found out about this game based on this thread. I jump at every opportunity to play a new spaceship sim.

(Keep in mind this is all from the perspective of a PC only player. Lots of stuff on other platforms that looks interesting, but not enough for me to buy a console.)

Zafir

As someone who doesn't get super excited for much any more, I have a very short list.

Final Fantasy XV sadly gets removed this year because ironically despite it actually possibly being released this year, I'm really disappointed in what I've seen. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

1. Persona 5 : As someone who loves Persona 3 and rather likes Persona 4, I'm excited that we might finally see Persona 5 this year. The characters, setting and story all seems really interesting. Can't wait for more Persona goodness, and not the franchise milking kind.
2. Yakuza 0 : Big Yakuza fan, so I'm excited to see they're localising them again.

My list :)

1. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Persona 5
4. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Horizon zero dawn
6. Dishonored 2
7. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
8. Danganronpa 3
9. Uncharted 4
10.Ratchet & clank

Slashlen

1. Persona 5: P4 is one of my all time favorite games, and this one is looking like a step up from that.
2. The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 2: I hear it's as good as SC, and SC was probably my favorite game this year.
3. Shin Megami Tensei IV Final: IV was great, looking forward to more.
4. Final Fantasy XV: The demo gave me some more faith in this game than I've had before.
5. Cosmic Star Heroine: Backed it, and it's looking good.
6. Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3: We have a chance at a well done T&A game.
7. Project Setsuna: This looks like Braverly Default, but I like the style more.
8. Star Ocean 5: I *think* SE has figured out how to fix things from SO4.
9. Bravely Second: Hoping this turns out well, even with Nintendo's BS edits.
10. Valkyria Azure Revolution: I have my fingers crossed, even though this seems like a bit of a departure.

Reisläufer

Neo Member
1. The Last Guardian : What we’ve seen of the game has been breathtaking, even more so when taking into account that everything shown was real-time. Trico is the most lifelike creature I’ve ever seen in a video-game! I’m really looking forward to a new game that shows Ueda’s specific approach to story-telling. The waiting game hasn’t been able to lessen my hype-level.

2. Persona 5 : Thinking about the graphics I was totally satisfied with in P3 and P4 P5 with its upped presentation will blow me away, I’m sure of it. Soejima also at his best regarding character/persona designs.

3. Final Fantasy XV : Another one that we’ve waited for for such a long time. Nomura removed from the director chair and the things that were shown in the meantime have lessened my enthusiasm for the game a bit but I still hope for the best.

4. Gravity Rush 2 : I thought about putting this lower in my list but after replaying the remastered Gravity Rush 1 which I liked even more than the vita version thanks to better playability (sliding races are now actually fun) I was inclined to rank it this high. Superb art-style and world-building are a given and with the new abilities I’m sure it will be a blast to play.

5. NieR: Automata : A Yokoo Taro game with a battle-system by PlatinumGames is a dream come true! Enough said.

6. No Man’s Sky : Truly a new kind of game I’m really looking forward to playing (maybe in VR?). I hope the team can deliver on all the promises.

7. Horizon Zero Dawn : This looks really good and has a unique premise. Really like the story background for the loot system.

8. Dark Souls 3 : Bloodborne has spoiled me, I’d prefer a new game with similar systems that’s why I ranked DS3 so low. However I’ll be there day one and will surely like this. Just not as hyped for it as I would be for a new title.

9. Ni-Oh : I still remember the first unveiling of this title, the tone of the game has somewhat changed but the gameplay of the new version looks solid. First new "samurai game" in a long time.

10. Hyper Light Drifter : I had this on my list last year. Played and really liked the demo even though it ran terribly on my low-spec lap-top

1. Dark Souls III : Miyazaki games speak to my heart
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : Expecting great things from Druckley, but I put it below Dark Souls because it'll probably have some forced walk or tedious puzzles that will bug me
3. Street Fighter V : The beta is giving me great hope for this. Simpler than SF4 to learn, but still hard to master. Netcode seems on point.
4. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) : After Skyward Sword, who knows. But the potential here is staggering.
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Human Revolution was my first Deus Ex game, and I fucking loved it. Give me more.
6. Dishonored 2 : Similar to Deus Ex. I love me some first-person stealth with choice and consequence.
7. Final Fantasy XV : Bring us back to the glory days of FF, Tabata-san. The world size and monster scale looks insane.
8. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : Didn't play the original, but wall running is one of my favorite things to do in games.
9. Yooka-Laylee : Suck it, Microsoft.
10. Metroid Prime: Federation Force : Please understand

TRI Mike

1) Persona 5: P4G became one of my favorite games ever and the fifth seems like a title that will deliver more of the same... In HD.

2) Final Fantasy XV: huge fan of the series, been waiting a lot for it and it still looks good despite Tabata constantly saying bad news.

3) Zelda U: Been ages since a good 3D Zelda. Skyward was OK but I expected more. Hoping this one will deliver.

4) Senran Kagura Estival Versus: I'm a fan ofnthe series and own the Jap ps4 version. I can cnfirm the game is excellent. Cant wait to play it in english.

5) Star Ocean V: looks like a very solid JRPG mixing modern stuff with classic gameplay. Also Fiore.

6) Nights of Azure: I like Gust's Ateliers so I'm excited to play their new IP.

7) Atelier Shallie Plus: Seems like the definitive Atelier game and Ayesha comes back. More than enough reason for me.

8) Miku's Project Diva X: I like Miku and her games. They've yet to disappoint me with one so I can trust them.

9) Project Setsuna: Seems like a nice classic JRPG. Need more of those

10) Bravely Second: I liked the first's battle system.

Top Bottom