• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

Strootman

1. Quantum Break
2. Gears of War 4
3. Scalebound
4. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
6. Mass Effect: Andromeda
7. Cuphead
8. ReCore
9. Sea of Thieves
10. Crackdown 3

Portugeezer

Honestly, some of these will likely change as there are so many games coming in 2016 that I will probably forget some...

1. Mass Effect Andromeda: Love the series, excited to explore another galaxy.
  2. Final Fantasy 15: Big budget console JRPG... is this real life?
  3. Uncharted 4: Never had a PS3, but the series looks great. MP looks fun too and I love TLOU SP and MP.
  4. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: RPG in cyberpunk setting, 'nuff said.
  5. Horizon: Zero Dawn: GG polish, open world, robot dinosaurs.
  6. Dark Souls 3: From the maker of 2015 GOTY and Dark Souls.
  7. The Last Guardian: Probably will never live up to the hype but... it will probably be good.
  8. Battlefield 5: Battlefield 4 still one of the best MP shooters this gen.
  9. No Mans Sky: Seen so much of this for years, but I'm still excited for it.
  10. PS VR/EVE Valkyrie: Haven't tried VR, but some games like EVE Valkyrie make me excited... hopefully it works well.
... something like this list I guess. Many others too, but I stick to PS4/PC as that is what I have currently (otherwise Zelda is an obvious choice too). No 3DS games in my top 10.

God, this was a tough list to make. There are so many exciting games coming out next year.

1. Shin Megami Tensei IV Final: It's the sequel to one of my absolute favorite games of all time, so it easily makes it to the top of my list. If the story can be as strong as the first game, and they can evolve the game play in some meaningful ways, then this will be a very, very special game. I only hope that they can make the difficulty level remain higher for the second half of the game this time.

2. Digimon World -next Order-: After loving Cyber Sleuth this year, I'm looking forward to playing another Digimon game, and everything about Next Order looks great. I also really enjoyed playing re;digitize, and this game looks to follow on from that in being a successor to the original Digimon World. This is going to be a very easy import decision. Playing a new World game with the benefit of all the Cyber Sleuth models sounds like a blast to me. I just hope that we get an even more awesome lineup of Digimon this time.

3. Zero Time Dilemma: 999 and Virtue's Last Reward were both favorites of mine, and for a long time it looked like that cliffhanger at the end of Virtue's Last Reward were never be resolved. So having this finally announced was very welcome news. I'm intrigued to see what new twists the team introduces this time, and how the story winds up resolving.

4. Yooka-Laylee: A new Banjo-Kazooie game? Sign me up. I've been waiting a long time for something like this, and I didn't really think it would ever happen. I'm really excited to feel like it's the N64 era all over again.

5. Yakuza 0: It's another Yakuza game, and we're getting it in English. That's enough right there. And with the 80s setting and playable Majima, this game looks to have plenty to really enjoy. It also sounds like they've really improved the combat in some interesting ways for this game.

6. Persona 5: Even after all of the delays, I'm still definitely excited for this. I still feel like we don't know that much about the game, but I have faith in this team to deliver a strong experience.

7. Ace Attorney 6: I'm sad we didn't get Dai Gyakuten Saiban in English, but this is still a very exciting game. I loved Dual Destinies, so I have faith in this team, and while some of the more heavy mystical elements from Phoenix's story in this game have me slightly nervous, I think that stuff can be handled really well. I've never been disappointed by an Ace Attorney game yet. My strongest hope is just that they don't hold your hand as much as Dual Destinies did during the cross examinations.

8. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II: Even though I haven't played Cold Steel yet (since the English version isn't out for another 10 days), I'm already excited for the sequel. After all, this is more Trails games than I ever thought we would get in English. Not to mention that many of the folks who played the Japanese version rave about Cold Steel II as being one of the best in the entire franchise.

9. New Danganronpa V3: The Danganronpa series has quickly become a new favorite of mine, and I'm really intrigued by them coming up with a new setting and not relying on the first two games. It's a testament to how strong 2016 is that I can't even find a place for this higher than 9 on my list, but it's definitely one of my most anticipated games. I'm eagerly awaiting more info about it.

10. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: It's a new Zelda game. It's kind of surprising how little we still know about this game, but the art style looks gorgeous, and I'm interested to see how Aonuma and his team handle an open world setting. A Link Between Worlds was an interesting trial run at returning to creating a more open Zelda experience, so I think they could do some really special things with this game.

Honorable Mentions:
Nier Automota
Project Setsuna
World of Final Fantasy
Bravely Second
Fire Emblem Fates
#FE
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
Xanadu Next
Final Fantasy XV

2016 is really shaping up to be an incredible year.

TheFatMan

1. Mass Effect Andromeda
2. No Mans Sky
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Uncharted 4
7. Star Fox Zero
8. Star Ocean 5

1. Dark Souls III
2. Yakuza 0 (West)
3. NieR Automata
4. Uncharted 4
5. Persona 5
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Street Fighter 5
8. Final Fantasy XV
9. Ni-Oh
10. Last Guardian

Honorable Mentions: Cuphead and Scalebound but I dont have an Xbox anymore so they just missed the cut.

1. Uncharted 4; Uncharted is probably one of my favorite series of all time, and though I'm sad to see it end, I'm excited for this last installment. All that they've shown so far makes me feel like it will be the best Uncharted yet, which is a great way to go out.

2. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided; I am a huge fan of HR, and have replayed it almost yearly since it came out. Everything about Mankind Divided looks great, and I'm excited to see where the story goes from the ending of HR.

3. Persona 5; I love Persona, so obviously I'm excited. Everything about P5 looks awesome, and I'm excited to get my hands on it whenever it releases.

4. Dishonored 2; When I purchased the first game, I never thought I'd love it as much as I do. Everything about Dishonored just hooked me -- from the unique art style to the lore and characters; I was enthralled. So not surprisingly, the sequel has me excited. There's so much they can explore lore wise, and I'm excited to see how Emily plays compared to Corvo. I'm also excited they're bringing Corvo back as well. I can't wait to immerse myself in the world once again.

5. Final Fantasy XV; We've all been waiting years for this, and after playing Episode Duscae, I'm even more excited. The combat is fluid and fun overall, and the story and world interest me. Here's to hoping it doesn't get pushed back and does launch in 2016.

6. Gravity Rush 2; The first game was such a charming, unique experience. The gameplay was fun and original, and I loved the art style and world. I'm happy the sequel is coming out on PS4, where it will hopefully get a larger audience; this series deserves a much larger following.

7. The Legend of Zelda Wii U; I am a massive fan of Zelda, so naturally I'm excited for the next installment in the main series. The trailer they showed off looked incredible. This game is probably the main reason I purchased my Wii U, so the release can't come soon enough.

8. The Last Guardian; I love Shadow of the Colossus and Ico, and I'm so excited this game still exists and is actually coming out. These games always feel like more than games to me; they feel like an experience, and The Last Guardian just looks so different and original. I can't wait to finally play it.

9. Horizon: Zero Dawn; The premise of this game is very intriguing, and I love that Guerrilla is getting a chance to step away from KIllzone. The game looks super promising and like it could be a lot of fun.

10. Kingdom Hearts II.8 Final Chapter Prologue; I'm a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts, and I never got a chance to play Dream Drop Distance, so I'm excited to finally play it on my PS4. The main reason I'm so excited for this though is the continuation of Birth By Sleep with Aqua. BBS is one of the best KH games, so a short continuation is more than welcome, especially using the KHIII engine.

Honorable Mentions:
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Resident Evil 0 HD
Attack on Titan
Outlast 2
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Telltale Batman Game

1. crackdown
2. gears of war 4
3. quantum break
4. doom
4. recore
5. Scalebound
6. any lego game
7. sea of thieves
8.mafia 3
9. the division
10. Zork!! sigh will this game get remade ever??

SPAW

1. Final Fantasy XV
2.Nier Automata
3.Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4.Rise of the Tomb Raider
5. Persona 5
6.Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
7.Dark Souls III
8. The Last Guardian
9.Firewatch
10. Star Ocean 5

kek_lel

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: got a damn wii u for this game.. in 2013 at launch
2. Shadow Warrior 2: The first entry (2013) had me positively surprised since this is a genre I usually avoid
3. Dark Souls 3: need the fix
4. Dragons Dogma Arisen PC: heard only great things about it, need to try myself although Im not 100% sure it qualifies for this list being a late port

nothing else ATM, there are other games Im interested in but these are the only ones that I really want to play

Rodin

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: the first entry in the franchise built in HD will feature a true, giant open world and boy do i want to see what Aonuma is going to do with it. Is there anything else to say? Oh yes, its artstyle is possibly the best ever seen in a videogame and it definitely seems to be the most ambitious Nintendo game in years.

2. Fire Emblem Fates: a new (double... triple?) chapter in my favorite strategic series. Looks incredibly inspired, and after spending more than 100 hours into Awakening i can't wait to the same thing with this one.

3. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: the first Deus Ex is one of my favorite games ever and i had no faith in Eidos being able to live up to it with Human Revolution, and boy was i blown away by that title. Easily one of my favorite games from last gen so i obviously can't wait to play its sequel, which looks even better.

4. Nier Automata: huge fan of the first episode, might end up buying a ps4 just to play the sequel.

5. Far Cry Primal: Setting in this one looks incredible and gameplay seems to be a natural evolution for the franchise.

6. Star Fox Zero: one of my favorite Nintendo franchise returns after ten years.

7. Uncharted 4: i'll probably steal my brother's ps4 to play it. More open level design and one of the best graphics around should be enough to be pretty excited about this title.

8. Yo-kai Watch: i really want to see what all the craze is about. Design looks appealing to me and gameplay seems to be tons of fun.

9. Gran Turismo Sports: huge fan of the series, can't wait to lose myself in it for hours and hours and to see on my TV what Yama did with the PS4.

10. Persona #FE: seems to be a great jrpg for Wii U, with amazing artstyle and cast.

1. Torment: Tides of Numenera: This year we got Pillars of Eternity, a great cRPG with sadly too little emphasis on storytelling. Tides of Numenera should provide what I was looking for in Pillars. Let's hope the team at inXile can come close to the quality of the original. I don't care about the combat, just make sure you get the writing and story right.

2. Dishonored 2: Dishonored is one of my favourite stealth games of all time. Take Thief but replace the shadows with verticality. The whale theme and freedom it offers are great as well.

3. Kingdome Come: Deliverance: Long in the making but 2016 will be the year Warhorse Studios will take us on a journey through medieval Bohemia. Surprisingly there are very few RPGs in a realistic medieval Europe setting. The Hussite Wars seem like a great background choice for the game and the combat system also looks like fun. All in all Deliverance looks like a super ambitious project, let's hope it can deliver.

4. Divinity: Original Sin 2: The sequel to the best game of 2014? Don't even have to think twice about that.

5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Haven't really followed the news around Mankind Divided but any Deus Ex entry would make it far in my list of most anticipated games.

6. Hitman: The developers are really saying all the right words in their interviews and the demo's they have showed so far look very impressive. Please, be good.

7. Dark Souls III: While Dark Souls II was a bit disappointing (haven't finished it) I remain hopeful that the third entry can come close to the greatness of the first entry. Anyway, it will be great to reconnect again with the excellent gameplay of the Souls games. Let's hope they can deliver on the worldbuilding and storytelling front this time too.

8. The Banner Saga 2: The Banner Saga was a great game that came out of nowhere for me. Artistically very distinct, a lot of choice & consequence and interesting characters made it one of the better games of 2014. They should work on the combat system though, it was a little barebones in the original.

9. Expeditions: Vikings: The successor to the great game Expeditions: Conquistador (which, surprisingly, very few people seem to have played) is coming in 2016. This time we leave the New World behind for the Old World, more precisely the freezing coasts of northern Europe. It seems like the game will be improved a lot mechanically while maintaining the same aspects that made the first game so great: camping and wilderness survival.

10. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen: I have heard a lot about Dragon's Dogma but never actually played it. Now it seems to be coming to PC and I will be certain to try it out, if the port is good enough at least. From what I've seen the combat looks really exciting. It would be higher on my list if I weren't mainly a sucker for good writing and storytelling which seems to be very low on the list of priorities of Capcom. Anyway, really glad this is coming to PC.

1. Persona 5
2. Zelda Wii U
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Street Fighter V
5. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
6. Genei Inburoku #FE
7. Cuphead
8. Star Fox Zero
9. The Last Guardian
10. Uncharted 4

MrV4ltor

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Scalebound
4. Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
5. Mass Effect Andromeda
6. Star Fox Zero
7. Firewatch
8. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
9. Dishonored 2
10. The Last Guardian
(Would’ve been my number 1 if I wasn’t so sure that I’m going to be disappointed, sadly)

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn : I am not a FPS fan whatsoever. So, while GG's games are visually splendid, the gameplay is just not my cup of tea at all. With Horizon, however, they did a complete 180 by making it third person and getting into non-shooting elements. It looks amazing, the gameplay is right up my alley and I am hoping it has a great narrative to support it all. I am really looking forward to this one. I am sure GG is happy to finally spread their wings as well!

2. The Last Guardian : Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favorite games of all time. It blew my mind seeing it all in action on the PS2. It made me wonder where games could go from there. The gameplay in the re-reveal trailer looks like a nice blend of platforming, mood and character development/interaction. I am ready for TLG to break me down emotionally.

3. NieR: Automata : I have heard of how good the narrative in Nier is. It was just the gameplay that was lacking. I enjoy a good narrative and based on the gameplay reveal trailer, it looks like it is going to more than make up for what the first game lacked. I am really interested in seeing if it all comes together.

4. Persona 5 : This will be my first ever Persona game. The gameplay trailer just grabbed me and hasn't let go. The stealth and RPG elements look really good.

5. Ni-Oh : It is essentially a samurai game with Bloodborne-esque gameplay and tone. Of course it is one of my most anticipated games.

6. Uncharted 4 : I still need to buy the Uncharted Collection as I have yet to play an Uncharted game. From what I have seen of Uncharted 4, it looks to expand on the open setting like The Last of Us and add a bunch of dynamics to it. The PSX gameplay made it a must for me.

7. Ratchet and Clank : I played through several of the PS3 games and I enjoyed all of them. The gameplay is just so chaotic and colorful and lively. I especially like how the performance holds when all of it is going on too. I am more than ready for the first R&C game on PS4.

8. Gravity Rush 2 : I will be experiencing Gravity Rush for the first time when the remaster comes out February next year. From what I have seen, it looks like fun to slide and glide through the air and rely on the gravity mechanic in combat. If Gravity Rush 2 is all that but better, what isn't to like?

9. Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness : This will be my first Star Ocean game. It looks good in terms of visuals and combat.

10. Dark Souls III : Bloodborne was my first Souls type game and it made the Souls series a must for me now. Miyazaki is at the helm as well. Will buy.

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda.
2. Scalebound.
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
4. The Division.
5. Crackdown.
6. Quantum Break.
7. Hitman.
8. Dishonored 2.
9. Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
10. Doom.

I did want to include Terraria: Otherworld but i couldn't find any solid release date information on it.

yurinka

1. Street Fighter V
2. Uncharted 4
4. Gravity Rush 2
5. Rime
6. No Man's Sky
7. Dreams
8. Ni-Oh
9. The Last Guardian
10. The Division

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U (and maybe NX)
2. Yooka-Laylee
3.Fire Emblem Fates
4.Gravity Rush 2
5.Genei Ibun Roku X FE
6.Dragon Quest VII
7. Dragon Quest VIII
8. Star Fox Zero
9.The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
10.Gravity Rush Remastered

JarlRaven

1. Persona 5
2. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
3. XCOM 2
4. Street Fighter V
5. Scalebound
6. Uncharted 4
7. Firewatch
8. Danganronpa 3
9. Zero Escape 3
10. Cuphead

Trickster

1. Street Fighter 5
I got into fighting games 2½ years ago when I bought SF4. And SF5 just looks like such a good game, was also the impression I got when I played the beta, haven't been able to play SF4 since.

2. Mass Effect Andromeda
The Mass Effect universe is one of the most interesting and exciting places I've ever seen in a game, and outside despite the horrible story handling in the second and third game, overall I think all 3 games were super enjoyable to play. So a new Mass Effect game that seems like it will be exploration focused and basically wipes the slate clean in terms of established characters and locations just has me super excited and antsy to play it.

3. XCOM 2
It's the sequel to XCOM, a game I enjoyed immensely, and it just looks like it will be better than that last one in every aspect.

4. Horizon Zero Dawn
It's reveal at E3 had me instantly hooked, it being an open world rpg set in a post apocalyptic world with crazy robot dinosaurs is such a fantastic mix, I mean you could probably ask anyone on the street if they thought it sounds like a cool a idea and they'd say yes.

5. Resident Evil 0 HD remaster
I love the way the old RE games played, and the RE1 remaster earlier this year was just an absolute joy to play. I also never played the RE0 game, so I am really glad they are making this, gives me the opportunity to play a classic an old school style RE game updated for 2015.

6. Nier Automata
Never played the first Nier and know practically nothing about it. But the fact that this is a Platinum game + the reveal trailer pretty much sold me on it.

7. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Honestly haven't looked at most of the footage or information about this game. But Human Revolution was really good, so a sequel to that for current consoles is gonna be an instabuy for me.

8. Mirrors Edge Catalyst
It's a sequel I didn't think would ever happen, but I am so glad that it is. The first one was such a wonderful game, the visual style of the world and the music just made for such a relaxing and chill game to play.

9. Dark Souls 3
Another sequel to other amazing games. Only reason it's not higher is because it's kinda lost it's excitement factor after playing Demon Souls, DS1, DS2 and BB within 4 years.

10. Torment Tides of Numenera
Rpg's is the best genre for single player games imo. And this being a spiritual sucessor to the first Torment which I never played, but people having praised that game to high heaven have made me extra excited to try this.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
1. Persona 5: P5 doesn't look like it's going to dramatically change up the formula behind P3 and P4, but it's a formula I really love! The music we've heard so far sounds really fresh, the visual style's combination of super-clean elements with punk accents is beautiful, the cast looks promising, and the picaresque theme is immediately appealing.

2. Dishonored 2: Dishonored 1 was a game with a lot of flaws, but the change of protagonists to Emily Kaldwin for the sequel is enough for me to forgive pretty much all of them. Her visual design combines regal high fashion with lithe aggression in a really unique way, and her grappling hook power looks incredibly fun to mess around with (and is hopefully a bit less game-breakingly overpowered than Blink).

3. Mirror's Edge Catalyst: I have zero confidence in DICE's ability to tell an interesting story in the City of Glass, but none of that really matters if the gorgeous environmental design and expressive first-person platforming of the original remain intact! The news that Faith can't pick up or use guns at all is incredibly encouraging.

4. Fire Emblem Fates: Fire Emblem is one of my all-time favorite videogame series, and everything I've heard about Fates seems to indicate that the map design is better than it's ever been. Plus, naginatas!

5. XCOM 2: I've logged over 200 hours in Enemy Unknown, and I can't wait to do the same for this one. The mobile home base sounds intriguing, and the addition of more significant stealth mechanics will hopefully shift the focus away from the slow and meticulous popping of enemy pods that any ironman run of the original required.

6. Mass Effect Andromeda:
The move from the Milky Way conveniently does away with all the weird narrative baggage of Mass Effect 3's ending, so hopefully Bioware will replace it with something less dumb. Whatever the case, the characters are sure to be fun to hang out with, and the planet exploration stuff sounds neat!

7. Tacoma: I don't really know very much about this game, but I loved Gone Home and I'm super excited to see whatever Fullbright comes up with next!

8. Street Fighter V: I've been a casual EVO-watcher for years now, but I'm really hoping SFV will be the right opportunity for me to jump in and finally get my feet wet with the game itself. Plus, R. Mika looks ridiculously entertaining to play.

9. Dark Souls 3: It feels weird putting a Souls game this far down in the list, but it's kind of a known quantity at this point. I will explore some dilapidated castles and I will love it.

10. Zero Time Dilemma: The Zero Escape series is routinely plagued by weird pacing issues and a tendency to favor novel twists over narrative coherency, but the first two games were wild rides even so! I am eagerly anticipating the pseudo-scientific nonsense of the third game (and hopefully some actual resolution as well).

eMpTy23

1. Legend of Zelda
Zelda. HD. We know little about it (this is good IMO). Hopefully it's better than the last two.

2. Horizon: Until Dawn
I like the setting. A lot. Looks fun.

3. Dark Souls III
Loved DaS, thought DSII was enjoyable. I don't have high expectations, but I think it will be fun.

4. Star Ocean 5
JRPG from SO series. Looks fun. Drill girl has awesome design.

5. The Last Guardian
Love the art direction. Looks relaxing and fun to play.

6. Persona 5
JRPG. Has a cool art style. Haven't played Persona before, but they sound like games I would really enjoy.

7. Nier: Automata
Cool trailers.

8. Ratchet & Clank
Really liked R&C back in the day. Hopefully this is as fun. Miss this style of game.

9. No Man's Sky
Not sure how this will turn out. I imagine it will either be amazing or completely forgettable. Probably the latter, but I'm still interested.

1. Mass Effect Andromeda
I love the previous three and it's definitely one of my favourite game series'. Hopefully Bioware find a good mix of exploration and combat again.

2. Uncharted 4 A Thief's End
Another of my favourite series'. The graphics look spectacular but I've always enjoyed the gameplay, as well as the cast of characters. Hopefully it's a fitting end.

3. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Human Revolution was excellent. Ghosting through the entire game without killing anyone (bar the bosses) was one of my highlights of last gen. More of the same would be great.

4. The Last Guardian
It can't finally happen can it?

5. Fire Emblem Fates
Awakening was my first FE and I loved the hell out of it. It doesn't look like a huge upgrade but some more FE should be great anyway.

6. No Man's Sky
Just exploring the galaxy and traversing from planet to planet looks really entertaining. Hopefully it'll keep me interested for a while.

7. Horizon Zero Dawn
I've always liked Guerrilla. Hopefully they can go one step further with this.

8. Dark Souls 3
It finally clicked with Bloodborne. I'm looking forward to more Dark Souls

9. Alienation
I always have fun with Housemarque's games.

1: Uncharted 4
2: Horizon
3: Zelda U
4: Dark Souls 3
5: Street Fighter V
6: Last Guardian
7: Mirrors Edge
8: Ratchet and Clank
9: No Mans Sky
10: Mass Effect

Sciortino

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
3. The Last Guardian
4. Nier Automata
5. Persona 5
6. Uncharted 4
7. Ratchet and Clank
8. Scalebound
9. Mass Effect Andromeda
10. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Dolobill

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
5. Dark Souls 3
6. Scalebound
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Uncharted 4
9. No Man's Sky
10. Star Fox Zero

maltrain

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. Persona 5
3. The Last Guadian
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. Dark Souls 3
6. Horizon: Zero Down
7. For Honor
8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
9. No Man's Sky
10. Nier: Automata

u_neek

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Persona 5
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. Uncharted 4
5. World of Final Fantasy
6. Project Setsuna
7. Firewatch
8. Disaster Report 4
9. Unravel
10. Yakuza 0

Honorable mentions:
x. Zelda WiiU
x. Tokyo Xanadu
x. No Man's Sky
x. Last Guardian
x. Star Ocean 5
x. Yooka-Laylee
x. Scalebound
x. RiME

So many games!!

1. Street Fighter V - Favorite series of ALL time so of course it's #1 and also the main and only reason I bought a PS4 after I heard it was exclusive. Participated in all the betas and the gameplay feels really damn good and reminds me of the older SF games. I wished the launch roster was a bit bigger and released it "just" a little later but still, some older characters got lots of new updates so every new reveal on an old favorite will be a fun surprise just to see the changes to them.
2. Killer Instinct: Season 3 - Was hoping it launched during the fall of this year but this is for the best since now a PC version with XB1 cross-play is coming with it! I really hope this makes the KI fanbase bigger because for the last few years, it's been a pain being bullied/ignored by all the big competitors fans because people didn't want a XB1. Anyway 2 older KI characters, Kim Wu and Tusk will finally return along with Rash from Battletoads as a guest character! With 5(or 6?) more unannounced characters, the game will have plenty more variety and be much more hype than ever before!
3. Tekken 7: Fated Revolution - While SF is my favorite fighting series, Tekken has always been my favorite 3D fighting series(I f'in love VF too, where you at SEGA?)! Always loved the fighting/juggle system in Tekken and this one looks great along with a TON of new characters. The recently announced Akuma being in is just f'in awesome and unexpected that brought my hype to another level lol!
4. Pokken Tournament - Always wanted a Pokemon fighting game since the original Smash Bros and it finally happened.....by the Tekken Team nonetheless! Finally Wii U has another great fighter to look forward to besides the SSB series and I hope it does really well so we can get more sequels! While the roster is small atm, it's really diverse and hopefully that add lots of fan favorites............like BLASTOISE DAMNIT!
5. Fire Emblem Fates - FE: Awakening is one of my favorite and most played 3DS games so I expect this to be even better! While I could do without the weird touch stuff, I liked what I saw in the trailers and how they're trying something pretty different from the series with the 2(3) version stuff.
6. The Legend of Zelda Wii U - What do I have to say, it's a console Zelda game and that's enough said. If it comes on Wii U or NX, it doesn't matter since I'll buy it Day 1.
7. Scalebound - An open world game by Platinum Games by Kamiya?! Count me the F in! While it isn't as crazy combat wise as the usual Platinum Games, I just wanna see how they do an open world game with a crazy Platinum story. Would love to see a new trailer and if the world is anything like Monolith Soft's Xenoblade Chronicles X, I would be really happy!
8. Mass Effect Andromeda - Always loved the series and it's probably my favorite Sci-Fi series and I hope to see more. ME's universe is just filled with great potential and I really hope to see what cool things they do with this gen's hardware. Hope to have even more freedom of choices in this game.....please. Also they REALLY need to bring back the unexpectedly awesome multiplayer from ME3 with even more classes and races.
9. Ace Attorney 6 - Probably my favorite handheld series outside of Pokemon! The series always had great characters, great cases, AWESOME music, funny dialogue, really interesting stories and I don't expect anything less from 6. I personally don't think it'll be released in the US by next year but I really hope it do!
10. Final Fantasy XV - Haven't played a mainline FF game since XII and I'm looking forward to this as the demo was pretty fun and different to usual FF games.

Honorable Mentions:
Pokemon Z - While not confirmed, I really hope Nintendo announces a new mainline Pokemon game soon as it'll instantly be on the list.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan - TMNT by Platinum.....that is all......and if confirmed that is.

1- Uncharted 4 A Thief's End:

I've always loved Naughty Dog games and I'm one of those people that prefer this new era of "mature" games for the company. Uncharted was my favourite franchise on PS3 and I can't wait to see it's end. It's gonna be... a very nostalgic trip.

2- Horizon Zero Dawn:

It's incredible that this game is on my number two spot, I don't hate Killzone but I consider them weak games outside of their fantastic technical capabilities, but the new people hired to work in Horizon and the powerfull presentations the game had makes it impossible for me to not take notice.

3- The Last Guardian:

Been waiting for this for so long, from a developer that made two of my most beloved games of all times with impecable art and subtle emotional plots, I really can't wait to play this.

4- Final Fantasy XV:

I still can't believe that this is going to happen, either way it's the first Final Fantasy I'm psyched about since XII, that's a very long time. The game looks awesome and even if I'm a little worry about it's quality I hope that it captures the feel of the PSX era.

5- Dark Souls III:

New Souls fan here, after Bloodborne I'm ready to become a follower, I've only played a couple of hours of Demon's Souls back in the day but it wasn't until Bloodborne that I really dug into it. Not too worry about the change between one game and another but still, I know that this is a little different gameplaywise. It's gonna be awesome.

6- Dragon Quest XI:

I'm so happy to see Dragon Quest again on a Sony's console, the only one I've played was VIII and I really loved that one. This is so welcome by me, and what's best is that there're still lots of JRPG comming to PS4.

7- Mass Effect Andromeda:

Mass Effect could very well be my second favourite saga on PS3, the reason why this isn't higher on my list is because I haven't seen anything yet (besides empty teasers) and because it saddens me to understand that my friends won't be in this game (Shepard, Garrus, Tali, Liara...) even if it's for the best.

8- No Man's Sky:

Still one of the most impressive things I've seen on this gen but it should have been out like a year ago, I'm really bored of trailers and gameplay sessions, I just need the damn game.

9- Firewatch:

Love this new trend of narrative driven adventure games, everything I've seen about this one has been great, besides the people involved are really talented.

10- The Witness:

Same as above, I'm a great fan of Braid and everything I've seen about this game is really interesting, gorgeous to look at, beautiful music, probably clever puzzles and a criptic story to discover.

* Dreams would be on this list but since Firewatch and The Witness are just one of two months away I'm more pumped about those games but for something that it could be a 2017 game.

sgjackson

For me, there are two very explicit tiers and they're unordered outside of that: "I'll buy this unless it ends up being a trainwreck", and "It's very likely I buy this if it lives up to the hype." But I'll make an attempt at an arbitrary ranking since I have to.

I'll buy this unless it ends up being a trainwreck tier:

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda: I didn't like Dragon Age: Inquisition, but I've always been way more into Mass Effect than Dragon Age, and conceptually the idea for Andromeda allows Bioware to both move away from the shackles of the Shepard trilogy's remnants while building on the theme of exploration that made Mass Effect 1 so resonant for so many people.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Wii U: Skyward Sword didn't appeal to me because of how the sky world was kind of like a lamer version of Wind Waker, and the stuff on the ground felt very gamey and linear. Coming off of that, going in the total opposite direction with what appears to be a western-style open world is a very appealing idea. I still have a ton of faith in Nintendo to knock the concept out of the park, also - I thought Skyward Sword was well-made, even though it didn't really resonate with me.

3. Persona 5: I loved Persona 4 and Persona 3 was also amazing, and this appears to have even more of the fantastic style and personality that makes the latter Persona games so great. The only reason it's not an easy number one on my list is because I have misgivings about the stealth/platforming elements from the trailers, and those outweigh any issues I'd have with Bioware or Nintendo.

4. Yooka-Laylee: I've recently replayed Banjo-Kazooie and I still think it's great, so a lot of old-school Rare talent coming together to make a game like that is an appealing idea. Gets 4th because it's way less of a safe bet than the top 3, but I could easily see being charmed by this game and having it top my game of the year list.

It's very likely I buy this if it lives up to the hype tier:

5. Horizon: Zero Dawn: This game looks cool as shit and if it plays as Monster Hunter as it looks it's going to force me to buy a PS4. For what it's worth, I have a serviceable gaming PC, and I'd been coasting along pretty well with that, but both Microsoft and Sony are putting together a hell of a list of first-party games that are making me consider picking up one or both consoles. Well done.

6. Firewatch: The writers of the original Walking Dead game and Olly Moss making a Gone Home-style first person adventure game. That's a hell of a foundation for a dev team, and it's very likely I'm more positive on Telltale/Gone Home style adventure games than most. It's probably a bit disingenuous to lump them together, but eh.

7. Final Fantasy XV: I'm finding myself missing Japan's presence as a AAA gaming power more and more as I get older, and I think the direction they're taking FFXV based on what I saw of the beta looks neat. This could be a disaster, but I'm still intensely curious, significantly moreso than I've ever been about a Final Fantasy game.

8. No Man's Sky: I fully expect a decent number of the people that are hype for this to hate it for the same reason that Spore was underwhelming - when you try to tackle the universe in a video game, it's never going to be as deep as people imagine. But I think it'll be sweet if I go in thinking of this as a fun sandbox to tool around in as I listen to podcasts or whatever, and I've seen nothing to indicate it won't give me at least that.

9. Tacoma: I forgot this existed until I skimmed the thread to come up with ideas for what to put on the list. I thought Gone Home was really cool and I'm really curious to see how Fullbright's next game turns out, and putting it in space is a great start.

10. Ni-Oh: It's probably more likely I end up playing The Division (which almost took this slot), but the trailer for this was cool as shit and while the Souls games haven't hooked me yet, I feel like another dev's take on them could be a good enough gateway drug to give me an entry point into the series.

1. Mass Effect Andromeda

2. X-Com 2

3. Uncharted 4

4. Fire Emblem Fates

5. Final Fantasy XV

6. Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC)

7. Nier Automata

8. Persona 5

9. Dark Souls 3

10. The Last Guardian

Pretty excited for 2016.

1. World of Final Fantasy: STACKING CHIBI CHOCOBOS! GOTY!
2. Blossom Tales: I like the look of Castle Pixel's games and this one is a cute mix of the Princess Bride and a top down action RPG.
3. Gravity Rush Remaster: It will be great to play this with better controls and on the big screen.
4. Ittle Dew 2: Loved the original and this looks like more of the same but with newer visuals.
5. Final Fantasy XV: No matter how far this series falls I'll still be interested.
6. Stardew Valley: I check the developers blog every 6 months or so ever since I saw the gaf thread calling it "Harvest Moon meets Minecraft." Hopefully it is done next year.
7. Crashlands: A crafting game with unlimited and self managing inventory. God that sounds nice.
8. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2: The first one was fantastic and I'm looking forward to spending some time with this one.
9. Torchlight mobile: I could use a good, simple hack&slash game to waste time with and thankfully Torchlight is coming. Never played the first, only the second. Lets hope its not a F2P disaster.
10. Zelda Wii U: Nice little send off for the Wii U.

Honorable Mention: VR - The thing I'm most interested to see in 2016 is how all the VR headsets and software turns out.

RiverKwai

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda

2. Horizon: Zero Dawn

3. Persona 5

4. Yakuza 6

5. Uncharted 4

6. No Man's Sky

7. RIGS

8. Battleborn

9. Street Fighter V

10. The Witness

FLD

1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : The Deus Ex series is a long-time favorite of mine. The original is probably my favorite game ever and Human Revolution was definitely a worthy successor, so this is easily my most anticipated game of 2016.

2. XCOM 2 : XCOM: EU is my game with the most playtime on Steam. Based on what we know so far, it's very likely XCOM 2 will dethrone it. The only reason it's not number 1 is because it's not called Deus Ex.

3. Persona 5 : It's Persona 5, what more needs to be said?

4. Dishonored II : The Thief series is another long-time favorite of mine. So, when you mix equal parts Deus Ex and Thief, you get something that is way up my alley. Really looking forward to seeing how Arkane follows this one up.

5. Dark Souls III : The only reason this one isn't higher up is because of Dark Souls II. I certainly didn't think it was garbage like some people insist but there's no denying that it was a massive disappointment. So far, it's looking like Dark Souls III might actually make up for that disappointment and be the true sequel the original deserved. That's reason enough to get excited.

6. Zero Escape Vol. 3: Zero Time Dilemma : That's we're getting this game at all is a small miracle and the fact that it's not higher up on this list just goes to show how insane 2016 is. Especially after VLR's ending.

7. Trails of Cold Steel II : Another Vita game, another release that seemed all but impossible just a few short months ago. After finally playing TitS SC last month, I am beyond hyped for more Trails.

8. Rise of the Tomb Raider PC : Does this one count? I loved the first one and it looks like more of the same. Good enough for me.

9. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : This is the first EA game I'll be buying at launch since Mass Effect 3. Hell, I think it might actually be the first EA game I'll be buying since then, period. They just haven't made anything else I gave a shit about the past few years.

10. Hitman : Most people disliked Absolution but, while it was certainly no Blood Money, I still had a blast with it. More Hitman is always welcome, as far as I'm concerned. Not super keen on the business model, if I'm being completely honest, but I'm still looking forward to playing the game regardless.

Honorable mentions: Uncharted 4 and Quantum Break. Both look incredible but are on systems I neither own nor plan on buying anytime soon. :(

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
1. Uncharted 4: I loved the Uncharted games and even when i played the first one i knew this series was going to get better. Sad to hear this may be Drake's last bout but i cannot wait to play it.

2. Final Fantasy XV: the game that has been on my radar for a decade and i still want to play it, that says something. I love that there is no turn based gameplay and it is as faraway from FF13 as possible.

3. No Man's Sky: This is my dream game. I've always wanted to play a game that i can land on planets or take off into space. Throw in a huge galaxy, space battles, exploration and you might have a star trek/star wars game that should have been.

4. Nier: Automata: Never played the first one but seeing how platinum games is behind the development piques my interest.

5. Persona 5: Never been a huge Persona fan, I did play Persona 3 and loved it. Persona 5 looks incredible and has style and insanity other games don't.

6. The Last Guardian: I've been a huge fan of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus so TLG makes me giddy inside to play it.

7. Mass Effect:Andromeda: I love the Mass Effect universe despite the terrible ME3 ending. I cannot wait to explore the ME universe again.

8. Ni-Oh: Didn't think i would be interested in this game until E3 and saw some of gameplay/trailer. Feels like an Onimusha type of game which i like.

9. Horizon: Zero Dawn: the E3 trailer was incredible. This game came out of nowhere and now i want to play it.

10. Everspace: from the people that made my favorite iOS game, Galaxy on Fire 2, i cannot wait to download this on my pc when it comes out. I need more space sim combat games in my life.

1. Zelda Wii U
2. Persona 5
3. Mirror's Edge
4. Uncharted 4
5. Street Fighter V
6. No Man's Sky
7. Ratchet and Clank
8. The Last Guardian
9. Nier Automata
10. Final Fantasy XV

1. Uncharted 4: I love this series so much. I can't tell you how many times I've played the 2nd one. Here's hoping the final entry (made by ND at least) blows it out of the water.
2. Mass Effect Andromeda: I really enjoyed the Mass Effect Trilogy. It may sound crazy, but I also got a TON of enjoyment reading the codex and reading about all the planets, too.
3. XCOM 2: The first one was a blast to play. I first tried the last game out on the PS Now streaming service, and then played through it on the iPhone.
4. Rise of the Tomb Raider: The PS4 is my main platform and I want to play this game so bad. I went into the last entry with zero expectations and it quickly became probably my favorite game of that year.

Vuapol

1. South Park: The Fractured but Whole : I'm a huge South Park fan, so Stick of Truth was amazing. With Trey and Matt's heavy involvement it felt like you were playing through a South Park movie. Once I finished Stick of Truth, a sequel focusing on the late-night exploits of Mysterion and Coon and Friends quickly became my dream game. So I was pretty psyched when this was announced at E3, pretty psyched being an incredible understatement.
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : The grand finale. This is gonna be sweet.
3. Final Fantasy XV : Full Disclosure: I've never played a Final Fantasy game before. XV should be my first. From the first time I saw it at E3 2013 I knew this was something special. The game looks incredible, as does the scope. Plus the idea of a massive JRPG like this basically being Bro Road Trip: The Game is hilarious. Sure, I'll go back for VI, VII, and XII eventually, but XV seems like an acceptable entry point to me.
4. Pokken Tournament : It is about damn time Pokemon got the fighter treatment. The game looks fun, and I think the open arena style lends itself well. The only downside is that the number of Pokemon out there is so ridiculous there's bound to be some very notable absentees.
5. Cuphead : My jaw dropped when I first saw this game. It's honestly incredible. They nailed the thirties cartoon look, style and feel.
6. Ratchet and Clank
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. Zelda Wii U
9. Ni-Oh
10. Persona 5

1. Dark Souls 3 - Final Myazaki game. Everything from the lore to the score will be perfect this time around, I can feel it. If it's half as good as DS1 it will be the best game of 2016.

2. Rise of the Tomb Raider - Still bitter about the fact that I should be playing it now. Love the new Lara.

3. Uncharted 4 - Two words: Neil Druckmann. Knows how to direct a game. He's top 5 with Kojima/Myazaki and others.

4. Mass Effect: Andromeda - Never got into the old games, but it looks like they're taking cues from Interstellar, which is a great thing. If only the score could be half as good as Zimmer's.

5. Persona 5 - Peer pressure from everyone else.

bounchfx

reading the winners for 2015 is kind of hilarious and sad. half didn't even happen

for me in 2016:

Mirrors Edge 2
the witness
Street Fighter 5
Firewatch
Ratchet and Clank
Overwatch
No Man's Sky
Zelda Wii U
Yooka Laylee (doubt it's 2016)
The Last Guardian (doubt it's 2016)

ubiblu

1. Zelda Wii U
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Persona 5
4. Uncharted 4
5. FFXV

5 of my favourite franchises release new games. 2016 is going to be the best year in gaming for many years.

1. Zelda Wii U
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. Persona 5
4. Fire Emblem Fates
5. South Park: The Fractured but Whole
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Star Fox Zero
8. Uncharted 4
9. The Division
10. Quantum Break

Street Fighter V
2. Uncharted 4
3. Ni-Oh
4. TMNT by platinum
5. Dark Souls 3
6. No Man's Sky
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Zelda wiiu might make me get a wiiu
9. The Last Guardian
10. The Division

Jamix012

1. Persona 5; In a year that looks to surpass all others before it, Persona 5 still sits at the top of roost for me with it's amazing art style and iconic character designs. I'm ready Atlus.
2. Zero Escape Vol. 3: Zero Time Dilemma
3. New Danganronpa V3
4. The Legend of Zelda U
5. Gravity Rush 2
6. Star Fox Zero
7. Ace Attorney 6
8. Dark Souls III
9. Fire Emblem Fates
10. Yooka Laylee

x. Scalebound
x. Nier: Automata

1. Dark Souls III
2. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
3. Persona 5
4. Hitman
5. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

kewlmyc

1. Persona 5:

P3 and P4 are both probably in my top 5 games of all time, can't wait for this game.

2. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma

I didn't think this game would ever exist. I'm glad it's going to finish the story VLR left off.

3. DanganRonpa V3

There's probably 0 chance we get this in the US next year, but I'm looking forward to it so much that it's on the list regardless. I just hope it's more in line with the writing of DR1 and 2 and not Another Episode.

4. Dark Souls 3

After falling in love with the Souls series after Bloodborne and playing DS1 and 2 after BB, I can't wait for DS3.

5. Street Fighter V

Gonna main Juri and Rashid.

6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

I loved Human Revolution and can't wait after seeing all of the improvements in the demos.

7. Nier: Automata

Never played Nier, but a Platinum RPG on a platform I actually own sounds awesome.

8. Zelda Wii U

Console Zelda, I'm in.

9. Final Fantasy XV

I honestly expect this game to suck complete ass, but I'm optimistic.

10. Dragon's Dogma PC

THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEEEEE

suzu

1. Persona 5 : No more spin-offs. Give us this already.
2. Final Fantasy XV : It's an FF game.
3. Ace Attorney 6 : I wish we got DGS, but this is fine.
4. Mass Effect Andromeda : I love this series.
5. Fire Emblem Fates : FEA was my first one. I hope it's fun.

Astral Dog

.1-Final Fantasy XV: After all this time, it has to be good, right?
2-Zelda U, Zelda for U has a lovely artstyle so far, and hopefully will be able to overcome the flaws of its predeccessors.
3-Persona 5 Looks great and its finally coming. we needed this game this year.
4-#FE
5-FE FATES.
6-Zero Escape 3
7-Scalebound.
8-Horizon
9-Uncharted 4.

Top Bottom