• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U : Zelda is one of my favorite game series of all time, I love the art style shown and, even though I was a little disappointed with the hand holding and easy puzzles of recent titles, I can't wait to play this. And I hold on to hope that Nintendo listens.
2. The Witness : Everything that I've seen about this game excites me. I love the puzzles and that you get to discover them without explicit explanation.
3. The Last Guardian : This looks like a worthy successor of ICO and SOTC. Most games that try to be art just seem pretentious to me. Not these.
4. Yooka-Laylee : I really liked Banjo-Kazooie even though I'm not very fond of most collectathons. Also, 3D platformers are far and few between, now. OST should be good, too.
5. Yokai-Watch : It looks kind of cute and I like the collecting aspect of Pokemon. I hope NPC interaction is rewarding.

Mutombo

I actually don't know that much, but it's good I can sneak a peak from all your lists. It's basically:

Definite buy:

1. Dark Souls 3. Pure, escapism, hardcore gameplay fun. Souls games are The reason I own a game console.
2. Mass Effect. Got me back into single player gaming, and the games are so, SO good. RPG AND awesome gameplay AND science fiction universe AND a story?
3. Last Guardian. I expect the unexpected.

If the score/word of mouth is good:

4. Overwatch. This looks like so much fun and is sadly going to eat up so much time.
5. No Man's Sky. Maybe my most anticipated title, even though I'm not sure if I'll end up buying it. Just really curious how it will turn out.
6. Horizon. Seems like quality AAA fare, but I don't expect to be blown away.
7. Deus Ex. Really liked the first game. I'll probably like this one.
8. Mirror's Edge. Big fan of the original. Really unique.

1. No Man's Sky: It's my dream sci-fi game that I have been waiting for! Pure exploration, no narrative to speak of, total freedom to do whatever you want to do. It's literal escapism. And the infinite possibilities because of procedural generation. I can't wait!
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn: The pure sci-fi imagination that Guerilla Games came up with to create this world is something else to behold. It's also a new IP, which to me, makes me even more interested in playing this game and understanding and exploring this brand new universe. It's also very beautiful to behold.
  3. Mass Effect Andromeda: Huge ME fan here, so the announement that a brand new ME is coming in 2016 has me pumped EA/Bioware screwed up ME3's ending but I loved the overall concept of the universe and with priority being exploring new worlds especially prominent in this game, I am very much looking forward to playing this new game.
  4. Persona 5: Not much a JRPG fan, but Persona 4 Golden was an amazing game to watch an LP for. The story was intriguing, the characters were relatable, and the sheer amount of content packed into this Vita game amazed me. Persona 5 looks similiarly intriguing and the stylistic choices made in this game intrigues me. Can't wait to find out if P5 lives up to the hype!
  5. Uncharted 4: Naughty Dog's final Uncharted game? Of course I would be hyped to play this final game of this iconic franchise. It is what cemented ND as one of the best developers in the industry. Although rumors have been circulating that the departure of Amy Henig could drag this series down in terms of story, I have faith in ND and the quality that they bring to all of their games. Initial impressions have been promising. This game looks very good. Only reason for this being at this spot in the list is because it's the 4th game in an already established franchise. I prefer new, fresh ideas; new IPs.
  6. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: If there was anything I learned after playing HR, its that Eidos Montreal really knows how to create a vast, sprawling, almost infiniteless, open-ended gameplay mechanic. You can choose however to approach each situation. HR was okay, but I am sure Eidos has learned its lesson about the almost laughably bad control scheme that they implemend in HR. Sci-fi/cyberpunk theme is always a + in my book.
  7. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: OoT was one of the 1st action-adventure that I played. Zelda will always have a special place in my heart. However, with the recent passing of Iwata and Nintendo delaying this game into an unknown 2016 release date, my hopes for this are quite ambigious. The recent releases of console Zelda titles have had a hit/miss record: Skysward Sword was pretty bad, Twilight Princess was wierd (in terms of story) and graphics. Cell-shaded graphics for the Wii U edition of this franchise seems interesting, but I have to see more this game to make an honest judgement.
  8. Quantum Break: Honestly, if you asked me in 2013 about my most anticipated game, it could've been this. However with delays and new trailers basically showing us nothing new about this game, I am worried about this new IP from Remedy. Don't get me wrong, Alan Wake's story was AMAZING and the gameplay was mediocre but innovative at the time. I have yet to see how the TV show and the game will work with each other in a meaningful way, as of yet, Remedy hasn't shown us EXACTLY how this works. As a result, I have basically mixed feelings about this game, although the concept of this IP is very, very intriguing. Sam Lake is a very creative individual.
  9. Adrift: A really promising concept, especially for VR. The story grabs me, but it could all fall apart at the end as this type of story has been done before many times. Wait and see for me.
  10. Firewatch: Honestly, earlier this year, this game was near the top of my anticipated list. However, with E3, TGS, and other gaming trade shows, other games were announced and this game unfortunately landed at this place on my list (I am way more excited about NMS, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc than for this game). I love the art direction that Campos Santos/Ollie Moss has chosen for this game. The story also sounds perplexing and who doesn't love spending some time in the outdoors and in the wildlife? When it comes early next year, you know that this will be a Day 1 purchase, but in terms of content and bang-for-the-buck, I am guessing that NMS, Horizon, ME:A, and other AAA games will have this game beat, thus why Firewatch is at #10.

Phinor

1. Mafia 3
I can't even explain why. In my opinion both of the previous two games were great and I guess I just want more.
2. Torment: TIdes of Numenera
Wasteland 2 was good but now they are competing with one of the all time greats. Expectations sky-high, hopefully they have the right writers so they can deliver.
3. XCOM 2
Another one I can't really explain. I enjoyed XCOM and Enemy Within but I only played through them once because ultimately both games got old pretty quickly. I just want XCOM but done better and with more variables during the campaign, so hopefully they are doing exactly that.
4. Dark Souls 3
Average Souls game is better than almost anything else. Some fatigue has set in though, I lost the will to play through Scholar after beating DS2 the year before.
5. Divinity: Original Sin 2
This one isn't going to release in 2016 but it has a 2016 release date at the moment so here it is, on the list. It would be higher if 2016 was set in stone.
6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Human Revolution was fantastic all things considered and it looks like they are going to create another great game but doubt has got its grip on me, again. I had no faith in Human Revolution and now I'm afraid they are going to turn the game into a mindless shooter like Fallout 4.
7. Total War: Warhammer
Two things against this one: it seems to be Total War game through and through, with Warhammer pasted on it. I was hoping they would create this one from scratch but everything from UI to gameplay seems to indicate it's just another Total War with few twists. Then there's the DLC debacle.
8. Mass Effect: Andromeda
My favourite trilogy of all time but ME3 ending is still the worst thing in video gaming. Then there's Dragon Age 2 & Inquisition, both extremely flawed games. At this point I'm not sure Bioware can create good games anymore. There's always hope I suppose so on the list it goes... (also another game that won't release in 2016)
9. Ashes of the Singularity
Currently in early access and has a long way to go before it's ready but it's in a promising shape right now. I'll try to play it as little as possible during early access to not burn out.
10. Hitman
Another long shot like Mass Effect. I didn't hate Absolution and it looks like they are at least aiming at the right direction.

Star Citizen Squadron 42 should probably be on the list as well but I'm sure it doesn't release in 2016. So how about that 2014 release date mentioned during the first Kickstarter...

tusken77

8FNWU6X.png

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: My favourite series of last gen. I've platinumed all four of them, put hundreds of hours into U2 and U3's multiplayer and I'm currently loving the hell out of the U4 beta. My most anticipated game, easily.

g1ApBsE.png

2. Horizon: Zero Dawn

jyajplr.png

3. No Man's Sky

HjBDAnk.png

4. Yakuza 0

l7AJhsJ.png

5. NieR: Automata

5uq2CUs.png

6. Ni-Oh

5jpmaYV.png

7. Street Fighter V

V7MXzyn.png

8. The Last Guardian

6MHFJkr.png

9. Ratchet & Clank

EN8ERv0.png

10. Persona 5

Honourable mentions for Gran Turismo Sport, Mafia III, RIGS and Rez Infinite.

1. Persona 5: What's left to say? P4G is one of my all-time favorites, and P5 will doubtless continue the series' tradition of excellence. Plus, that UI is the hottest in gaming.

2. The Last Guardian: I Want to Believe

3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was a disappointment, and I haven't seen enough of this game to justify my excitement. Still, my fannish anticipation remains high. Post-XCX, I'm more confident that Nintendo can do justice to an open-world game.

4. SMT x Fire Emblem: I'm surprised to find myself ranking this so highly, but the more I see of this game the more I fall in love. It's bursting with color, personality, and great music. And it looks totally barking mad. I need more candy-colored crazy in my games.

5. Gravity Rush 2: First GR was hampered by an over-reliance on Vita gimmicks, and frankly, the hardware could not do justice to its expansive vision. But that first vertiginous flight in GR made me giddy with excitement in a way unrivaled since I first took flight in SM64. I'm looking forward to again taking flight with Kat.

6. Star Fox Zero: Haters can do a barrel roll. Even if this game is only a shinier version of SF64, I'm down. I'm someone who instantly took to Splatoon's motion controls, so I'm keen to see how this entry makes use of the GamePad.

7. Firewatch: beautiful Pixar-like aesthetic, sharp writing, and an intriguing story. I'm hoping this will be 2016's SOMA.

8. Yooka-Laylee: a return to form for this neglected genre. Plus, David Freakin' Wise.

9. Night in the Woods: My initial enthusiasm for this game has cooled somewhat, which has everything to do with the self-conscious and ingratiating writing. I hope the characters will win me over regardless. Plus, it's as jaw-droppingly beautiful as ever.

10. The Witness: More curiosity than excitement. It doesn't look like fun at all, if I'm being honest, but Blow is too smart, and it's been too damn long, not to provide something worth playing. My sense is that there's a lot more than meets the eye.

1. Quantum Break
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Scalebound
  4. Halo Wars 2
  5. ReCore
  6. Outlast 2
  7. Dishonered2
  8. Crackdown 3
  9. Final Fantas XV
  10. Digimon: Cyber Sleuth

SinZega

1. Dark Souls 3
2. Valkyria : Azure Revolution
3. Zero Escape : Zero Time Dilemma
4. Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen PC
5. Street Fighter V
6. Persona 5
7. Ys 8
8. Final Fantasy XV
9. Ni-Oh
10. Mass Effect Andromeda

sJQ9L2F.png

1. Amplitude: I backed this at the $125 tier and it looks to be every bit as good as I hoped.

4ijdMhC.png

2. Frog Fractions 2: Is this allowed? I'm guessing the jig will be up by the end of 2016.

3e5e727efd.jpg

3. Zero Time Dilemma: Was lucky enough to get this pre-ordered with the watch! I need more of this amazing story.

N2bvrhH.png

4. World of Warcraft: Legion: If this came out and was just the new transmogrification system, I would feel I got my money's worth. My bags, bank, and void storage are weeping in pain.

ED3EqQI.png

5. Zelda U: Not much to say about this one really.

ZVfMZ9G.png

6. Doom: Lifelong fan of the series, the MP closed alpha shows promise.

r312cnP.png

7. The Witness: Modern Myst, hooray!

EUTmLTD.png

8. Thumper: Wasn't on my radar until a couple weeks ago when I played a long demo of it at a retail kiosk. Game feels so good.

iDO132Y.png

9. No Man's Sky: Looks like such a good game to just relax and explore in for a while.

JXbJ0tr.png

10. Rez Infinite: One of my all-time favorites. Would love to see a PC port.

kgtrep

1. Persona 5
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
3. New Danganronpa V3
4. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
5. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth (PS4)
6. Ratchet & Clank
7. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma
8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
9. The Last Guardian
10. Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom

x. Broforce
x. Final Fantasy XV
x. King's Quest (remaining chapters)
x. No Man's Sky
x. Rise of the Tomb Raider

1. Persona 5: My all time favorite series and this one looks amazing
2. Horizon Zero Dawn: Robot Dinosaurs
3. Digimon World Cyber Sleuth: Have signed various petitions for this one
4. Ni-oh: Samurai Souls looks so good
5. Star Ocean 5: A series I was sure was dead, really want to give this a shot
6. Dangan Ronpa V3: First 2 were great
7. Zero Time Dilemma: First 2 were great
8. Gravity Rush 2: Looks a lot bigger than the first one
9. Nights of Azure: I just want it
10. Root Letter: Looks super interesting

kpaadet

1. Uncharted 4
2. The Last Guardian
3. Persona 5
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
6. Ni-Oh
7. Ratchet and Clank
8. Dark Souls 3
9. Hitman
10. No Man's Sky

Hikami

Checked my post from last year, 4 of those games didn't end up coming out this year eh..

10f5d026aa.jpg

1. Persona 5
Shame it got delayed.. again. This was my most anticipated game of 2015 and still is for 2016. Persona 4 is favorite game of all time and I just can't wait for the next entry in the series.

2fd17a1f4d.jpg

2. Dark Souls 3
I was disappointed by Bloodborne, ended up enjoying the network test/beta for this more than that so I'm glad we're going back to proper souls now.

a013ecd454.jpg

3. Final Fantasy XV
It's been a long time coming... almost there. No really, please come out already. I've gone through high school and almost college now since this game was announced.

70d8941c72.jpg

4. Danganronpa V3
Danganronpa is up there among my favorite series of all time, Danganronpa 2 was my game of the year 2014 so I hope V3 delivers again.

3e5e727efd.jpg

5. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma
I still can't believe this is real.

c1bdb3eb49.jpg

6. Project Setsuna
Just a really interesting looking game.

daegan

1. Persona 5
2. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma
3. Rez Infinite
4. Firewatch
5. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
6. Final Fantasy XV
7. Street Fighter V
8. Ladykiller In A Bind
9. Mirror's Edge Catalyst

crimilde

Banned
1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. Cyberpunk 2077
3. Ni-Oh
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. The Last Guardian
6. Persona 5
7. Uncharted 4
8. Zero Escape 3
9. Dark Souls 3
10. Nier Automata

Memento

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : First of all, the pedigree behind it is really something else. We are talking about the same duo responsible for The Last of Us, which I consider the best narrative-driven game of all times. And judging from the the recent media and info about the game, we are sure to get another masterpiece by Naughty Dog. It looks like it is going to be the culmination of everything the studio has accomplished in the last generation with storytelling and gameplay. I feel like it is the natural evolution of the series and when it is done it is going to be THE ultimate gaming experiencing in regards to setpieces, pacing and TPS mechanics.

2. Persona 5 : I am looking forward to that Persona feel again. Great characters, amazing music and fun gameplay. We have waited too much already. Soon my friends.

3. The Last Guardian : We are finally going to play it, wont we? Is it going to meet the seven years worth of expectations? Probably not. It will though, be an amazing unique experience that I am very much happy it is coming out, because this industry really needs Ueda & Team ICO's magic. I will cry in the end, right? :/

4. Dark Souls 3 : It is fucking Souls and I am a sucker for these games. Just give me more and more From. Looking forward to the amazing enemy designs and level design from Miyazaki. Bring it on.

5. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Mech Dinos Open World Action RPG? What is not to like? Add to that an amazingly designed MC and the incredible visuals.

6. Final Fantasy XV : I am excited to see how this new direction of the series turns out. So far I am really digging it.

7. Rime : I suppose it counts right? I sure hope it comes out in 2016. I just really need to play this game. The art is mesmerizing.

8. Gran Turismo Sports : It is my favorite racing series ever. Next gen GT is my dream since the announcement of PS4. Plus VR. Damn, son.

9. Ratchet and Clank : Funny, fun and freaking beautiful. Do want.

10. Nier Automata : I have never played Nier, but GAF got me hyped for this one. Also, I loved the trailer. Here is hoping it is as good as you guys made out to be. I am also looking forward to playing the first one.

AniHawk

boy i really hope all these western people with persona 5 on their list are looking forward to putting it there again for their 2017 list.

1. The Last Guardian (PS4): 4 points
2. Persona 5 (PS3, PS4) : 3 points
3. Dark Souls III (PS4, Xbone, PC) : 3 points
4. Legend of Zelda U (Wii U): 2 points
5. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) : 2 points
6. Digimon Story: Cyber Slueth (PS4, Vita) : 2 points
7. Uncharted 4: A Thief's Ends (PS4): 1 point
8. Fire Emblem: Fates (3DS) : 1 point
9. Shadow Warrior 2 (PS4, Xbone, PC) : 1 point
10. Tekken 7 (PS4, Xbone, PC) : 1 point

Ushay

1. Quantum Break
2. Crackdown
3. Deus Ex
4. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Scalebound
6. Gears of War 4
7. Batman Telltale Series
8. Recore
9. Mirrors Edge
10. Horizon

Shaanyboi

Banned
1. Legend of Zelda WiiU
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Persona 5
5. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
6. Mass Effect Andromeda
7. Scalebound
8. Fire Emblem Fates
9. Dishonored 2
10. Batman by Telltale

El-Suave

1. The Last Guardian ; I never stopped believing and I think it'll be very, very good.
2. Mirror's Edge 2 ; One of my all time favorite games, glad it's getting another shot.
3. Uncharted 4 ; Guaranteed greatness, can't wait to see if and how it ends.
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn ; I have high hopes, everything we've seen so far looks superb.
5. Final Fantasy XV ; Mainline FF, great graphics and I liked the demo.
6. Ratchet & Clank ; I hope this restarts the franchise, I missed Insomniac on Playstation.
7. South Park: The Fractured But Whole ; The First game was such a pleasant surprise, this should be great, too.
8. Ni-Oh ; I've been waiting forever for a new Onimusha and fallen in love with Bloodborne in the meantime.
9. Yakuza Zero ; So happy this is coming. I hope the sales ensure the franchise's future in the West.
10. Far Cry Primal ; Even if it's similar to FC4, I love what we've seen so far and can't wait to drop owl bombs.

Jobbs

Banned
1. Dark Souls 3
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Zelda U
4. Ni No Kuni 2
5. The Last Guardian
6. Uncharted 4
7. Mass Effect Andromeda
8. Adr1ft
9. Below
10. No Man's Sky

DrD

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - I'm confident Naughty Dog will end Nathan Drake's story with the best game in the series. I love the pirate treasure theme the game has going, the characters, and the new gameplay looks like a lot of fun, especially that rope. The combat looks like it has a really nice flow to it.

2. Horizon: Zero Dawn - This game looks like a breath of fresh air and is the most exciting new IP I've seen this generation. It has an interesting setting and story with what looks like a living, breathing world featuring what look like robot dinosaurs.

3. NieR: Automata - I haven't played the first one but the gameplay video made this a guaranteed buy for me. The combat, music, and art style all look fantastic. I heard the first game had an interesting story and was a really unique game.

4. Dark Souls 3 - The combat, lore, art style, enemy designs, atmosphere, music. Excited for Miyazaki's final Dark Souls game. Build variety and hopefully good pvp will keep me coming back.

5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - I need a Cyberpunk game before Cyberpunk 2077 gets here and this looks like a damn good one. There needs to be more Cyberpunk games.

6. Mass Effect: Andromeda - Same thing as the above, but for space. Looking forward to seeing the direction the series takes.

7. Quantum Break - It has an interesting story and Remedy can do some interesting things with the time theme, from the player's powers to some cool enemy encounters.

8. Scalebound - You can ride your own customizable dragon.

9. Dragon Quest XI - Big fan of Dragon Quest VIII.

10. Shadow Warrior 2 - I need some Wang.

Pachimari

I'm not sure really, but this is what I came up with quickly.

1. Persona 5
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. Rise of the Tomb Raider
4. Street Fighter V
5. Story of Seasons
6. Fifa 17
7. Overwatch
8. The Last Guardian
9. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
10. Gravity Rush 2

Sadly I had to leave out Gran Turimo Sport, Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant King and New Everybody's Golf.
I didn't consider games like Cyberpunk 2077, Dragon Quest XI and Tekken 7, as I think they'll be out in 2017.

seady

1. Final Fantasy XV - I am super excited each time a new numbered FF game come out, but its been a looong time that I am satisfy with the result.
2. Persona 5
3. Street Fighter V
4. Pokken Tournament
5. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
6. The Last Guardian
7. Fire Emblem Fates
8. Star Fox Zero
9. No Man's Sky
10. Mass Effect: Andromeda

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: It will have been five years since Skyward Sword, and I'm starving for another grand Zelda adventure. We get one console iteration per generation from Nintendo, and it's easily their biggest and most ambitious project to date. I'm wary of the open world focus though, as that style of game isn't my favorite, and Zelda games are often too empty to begin with. The hype is still there though.

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : One of the best new series of last gen, I'm extremely excited to see Naughty Dog's return to the series after not liking The Last of Us.

3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Absolutely loved Human Revolution and I can't wait to see how they expand on the series. I love the Cyberpunk setting.

4. Dishonored 2 : Again, I absolutely loved the first one. I can't wait to play as Emily and explore another Victorian steampunk world.

5. Ratchet & Clank : It's been over six years since we had a full Ratchet & Clank game from Insomniac. And while I would have preferred a brand new game, this game looks quite a bit different than the original. This is a series that always brings me great joy to play. Can't wait!

6. Scalebound : Yet another new IP from Kamiya. Not really much more I can say... The Wonderful 101 might be my favorite work of his, and I'm expecting greatness here again.

7. The Witness : This motherfucker is finally coming out. Ambitious puzzle games rarely come around these days, so it's a joy when they do. The Myst vibes are definitely strong.

8. The Last Guardian : All I can say is I hope it doesn't get delayed. I loved Ico and SOTC, though perhaps not as much as most people who played them. Let's see if the magic is still there...

9. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst : I never played the first Mirrors Edge, but the whole concept behind it seems awesome, and this looks smoother and sleeker. I don't exactly trust EA and DICE, but I hope this turns out well.

10. ReCore : As a huge fan of Retro, I had high hopes for Armature when they formed. However, they've been extremely mediocre. Even their other current project, Dead Star, looks bland as hell. However, ReCore definitely seems interesting based on the reveal trailer and what they have said they're going for in interviews. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Also excited for...

Inside
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
Mighty No. 9
Rime
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Star Fox Zero
Dark Souls III
Quantum Break

Kurtofan

1. Mass Effect Andromeda : 4 points
2. Dark Souls 3 : 3 points
3. Persona 5 : 3 points
4. Fire Emblem Fates: 2 points
5. Zelda U : 2 points
6. Tides of Numenara : 2 points
7. Nier Automaton : 1 point
8. Yooka Laylee : 1 point
9. Ratchet and Clank : 1 point
10. SMT X Fire Emblem : 1 point

Zach

I will fight every last one of you guys putting games without announced release windows. We live in a society of rules, people!

1. Nier Automata: because holy shit this game is actually happening.
2. Street Fighter V: I'm a huge SF fan and I don't have any fightan games on PS4
3. Fire Emblem Fates: huge FE fan and I hope the game is an improvement over Awakening
4. Shin Megami Tensei IV Final: because I'd rather play that SMT game announced 2 months ago then that Persona game announced 2 years ago
5. Persona 5: I might just end up waiting for the inevitable FES/Golden edition
6. Dark Souls III: kind of hard to get super excited about another Souls game but I have pretty high hopes anyway
7. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: fix the issues HR had and this game could be something amazing
8. Zelda Wii U: would be higher but I don't actually have a Wii U.
9. Genei Ibunroku #FE: again no Wii U but this game actually looks surprisingly appealing to me
10. Scalebound: No Xbox One but Kamiya finally branching out and doing something different sounds like it could be cool.

Grexeno

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: Because it's a new 3D Zelda game and that is a fucking event.

2. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma: HOLY FUCK MORE ZERO ESCAPE

3. New Danganronpa V3: HOLY FUCK MORE DANGANRONPA

4. No Man's Sky: Please be good.

5. Dark Souls III: Who could possibly say no to more Miyazaki Souls?

6. Yooka-Laylee: Looks adorable.

7. Ratchet & Clank:

8. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End:

9. Mass Effect: Andromeda:

10. The Last Guardian:

UberTag

I will fight every last one of you guys putting games without announced release windows. We live in a society of rules, people!
It's their own fault if they want to waste their precious slots on games that aren't confirmed for next year.
They're throwing points away they could allocate to sometihng that will actually chart on the list.

Tobinishi

1.) Uncharted 4: This game will be fucking awesome. MP beta totally convinced me.
2.) No Man's Sky
3.) Horizon: Zero Dawn
4.) Persona 5
5.) Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
6.) Dark Souls 3
7.) Street Fighter V
8.) Rachet & Clank
9.) Final Fantasy XV
10.) World of Final Fantasy

Sabree

Neo Member
1.Persona 5
2.The Last Guardian
3.The Legend of Zelda
4.Final Fantasy XV
5.Uncharted 4
6.Mirror's Edge Catalyst
7.Nier: Automata
8.Horizon: Zero Dawn
9.Gran Turismo Sport
10.Star Fox Zero

1) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2) Ratchet and Clank
3) Horizon :Zero Dawn
4) Dark Souls 3
5) No Man's Sky
6) Final Fantasy XV
7) The Last Guardian
8) Firewatch
9) ABZU
10) Unravel

What about Frog Fractions 2? That has already passed the only announced release window it will ever have, and surely The Jig will be up by the end of 2016.

Hydrargyrus

1) Horizon: Zero dawn
2) Uncharted 4
3) Persona 5
4) Nier: Automata
5) No mans sky
6) Dark souls 3
7) The Last Guardian
8) Ni-Oh
9) Ratchet & Clank
10) Mass effect Andromeda

1. Dark Souls 3 :
2. Zelda U :
3. Uncharted 4 :
4. Horizon Zero Dawn :
5. What Remains Of Edith Finch :
6. No Man's Sky :
7. Mass Effect Andromeda :
8. The Last Guardian :
9. Persona 5 :
10. Dishonored 2 :

Honorable mentions: Ni No Kuni 2, Alienation, Quantum Break, Final Fantasy XV, Rime, Street Fighter 5, Firewatch, DOOM.

delSai

1. Persona 5: I loved both Persona 3 and Persona 4, played through them multiple times and that alone was reason to be excited for P5. They improved the character models, something i asked for, the characters look cool, the stuff shown in the trailer seems amazing and i trust in Atlus, there's no way they'll fuck this one up.
2. Telltales Batman: I love Batman. After playing Tales from the Borderlands, i'm back to liking Telltale. Since all we have was the announcement there isnt anything i look forward to except that it's made by Telltale and has Batman in it.
3. Full Throttle : One of my childhood favorites, in my Top 10 of all time and now it's coming back, it's the remaster i wanted for a looong time, and now i am finally getting it.
4. Horizon Zero Dawn: I was sold when i saw Robo-Dinos. I have faith in the team, the game looks beautiful and i imagine taking down Robo-T-Rex's with ropes and traps should be a lot of fun.
5. South Park: The Fractured but Whole: I've to be honest and say that i did not play Stick of Truth, but always wanted to. Everyone loved it, and it looked right up my alley and with the setting chance from Lord of the Rings-ish to Superheroes i will be there Day One. Love the Coon & Friends stuff.
6. Yakuza 0: I can't believe we're actually getting this game. I played the demo and liked it plus it is a Yakuza game, and i love those games.
7. Ni-Oh: It looks fantastic. I wanted a "Samurai Souls", and i guess i'm getting it with Ni-Oh.
8. Let It Die: I was looking forward to it since the reveal, and last year i would've put it in my top 3 for sure but the delay hurt my hype.
9. The King of Fighters 14: I dont care how it looks, the gameplay seems on point and the Party Battle Mode sounds like an amazing feature that could be a lot of fun.
10.Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Signed the petition to get it and it will be my first game to buy next year. It'll be my Pokemon replacement lol.

Honorable mentions:
Drawn to Death
Street Fighter V
Alienation
Matterfall
Bound

2016 is going to be an amazing year for Videogames.

AniHawk

1. the legend of zelda wii u : after decades of missed opportunities and squandered ambition, i think nintendo is going to nail here what they set out to do with ocarina of time. i'm excited for that at least.

2. fire emblem fates : can't go wrong with more fire emblem, and this time it seems there's a lot more fire emblem.

3. dragon quest vii : hyped as one of the best in the series, or at least one with a lot of really well-done content. looking forward to what i missed out on over a decade ago.

4. mirror's edge catalyst

5. the last guardian : maybe i'll have a ps4 by then to appreciate this and mirror's edge. i hope the platform is affordable by then.

6. zero escape 3

7. smt x fire emblem : this will be my persona fix next year since persona 5 isn't coming out.

8. ead tokyo's nx mario game : i mean it's definitely happening

9. twilight princess hd : i haven't played this game in nearly 10 years. i'm looking forward to playing it again with whatever additions or changes that are made.

10. horizon : i don't have a ps4 and i never played a guerilla game, but this looks like an interesting open world.

also really looking forward to the uncharted series being over. i hope naughty dog can finally move on to stuff more like the last of us again.

turbocat

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Pokemon GO
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Danganronpa 3
5. Persona 5
6. Ni no Kuni 2
7. Horizon
8. Cuphead
9. Mass Effect: Andromeda
10. Zelda Wii U

Cut from the list: No Man's Sky, The Last Guardian, Firewatch, Star Ocean, Digimon Story, Bravely Second, Pokken Tournament, and a few others.

How many of these will I buy? Who actually knows.

1) Quantum Break: It looks great and is made by Remedy, who've yet to let me down.

2) Scalebound: JRPG+Dragons+cool soundtrack+Platinum.

3) Mass Effect: Andromeda: My favourite new IP last gen, can't wait to see where they take it now.

4) Halo Wars 2: Love Halo, love RTS games, so this spin-off series is perfect for me. Can't wait to see how they use the X1 tech.

5) Crackdown 3: Loved the first and this looks like it'll be the sequel we deserved.

6) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Alongside Halo & Half-Life, my favourite FPS series.

7) Gears of War 4: Some serious graphics tech in the trailer, also intrigued on what we'll be facing.

8) Mafia III: Breaks free from the Hollywood Mafia cliches and the Lieutenants system sounds cool.

9) The Legend of Zelda: Looks like it'll be a great swansong for the Wii U.

10) Final Fantasy XV: Like the setting and that we're getting towns and a world map.

1. XCOM 2
2. Zero Escape 3
3. Street Fighter V
4. No Man's Sky
5. The Banner Saga 2
6. Dark Souls 3
7. Persona 5
8. Nier: Automata
9. Attack on Titan
10. Darkest Dungeon

Also Titanfall 2, but I don't think it's confirmed for 2016.

Flyinmunky

1. Dark Souls III
2. Uncharted 4
3. The Last Guardian
4. Legend of Zelda Wii U
5. No Man's Sky
6. Overwatch
7.Mass Effect: Andromeda
8. Horizon: Zero Dawn
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. Cuphead

Arion

1. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : I am a HUGE fan of the original but it just seemed like one of those games that would never get a follow up. When it was finally announced I was overjoyed. Since then all the footage and impressions of the game have been very positive. The game is shaping up to be exactly what I want.

2. The Last Guardian : Every year and every event since the first announcement of this game I have been waiting. Waiting for some acknowledgement of it's existence. Even when it became a joke I never stopped hoping. And now finally after all these years the game might be a reality.

3. Street Fighter V : I love Street Fighter. I loved the beta. I love the way the game looks and plays. Enough said.

4. Dark Souls III : Even the worst Souls game is a really good video game. From has proven themselves time and time again. Their impeccable world and combat design have given me some of the best gaming experiences in the last few years. I am sure DS3 will do the same.

5. Deus Ex Mankind Divided : Really big fan of cyberpunk. Really enjoyed Human Revolution. Really love everything I have seen of this game so far.

6. Overwatch : TF2 is my 2nd most played game of all time clocking in at 750 hours. Overwatch seems to be TF2 but with more characters. This is exactly what I wanted.

7. Horizon Zero Dawn : This game is bursting with potential. Giant robot dinosaurs is something I never knew I wanted but I do.

8. No Man's Sky : This game might just be all exploration and no bite but really that's all I want from this game. We are born in a generation too late to explore Earth and too early to explore the universe. So this is as close as I am getting to redeeming that fantasy.

9. Nier Automata : I have never played the first Nier. It is still sitting in my backlog. However, any game with Platinum games in the credit will have my curiosity. Add on top of that the batshit insane writer, Yoko Taro, and you have my attention.

10. Ni-Oh : Onimusha + Ninja Gaiden + Dark Souls + Geralt-looking dude + dark Japanese fantasy = Ni-Oh.

1. XCOM2
2. Thimbleweed Park
3. The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
4. No Man's Sky
5. Headlander
6. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
7. Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition
8. Firewatch
9. The Witness
10. Total War: Warhammer

WinFonda

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End