• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

25226798664_00fc106759_c.jpg

damn that looks amazing

Ecto311

gYoe3gOl.jpg

Just came in from amazon and Captain America set from bestbuy.com

XJ2pVQLl.jpg

Bestbuy.com also had this Ogio Bandit on sale for a really decent price.

zJoAWBi.jpg

Decided to get a saturn. It's a console I have never owned before and wanted to always try it, so I said fuck it.
Also a heavy month digitally for me, got SF5 and Hitman for PC, Earthbound and Super Mario Land for 3DS, and PvZ2 for X1.
Also got a Ryu amiibo and the division for PS4.

Tarin02543

zJoAWBi.jpg

Decided to get a saturn. It's a console I have never owned before and wanted to always try it, so I said fuck it.
Also a heavy month digitally for me, got SF5 and Hitman for PC, Earthbound and Super Mario Land for 3DS, and PvZ2 for X1.
Also got a Ryu amiibo and the division for PS4.

I've always wanted a Saturn as well. I secretly adore the launch Japanese grey version, as that was the first pictures of the next gen sega saturn to appear in magazines

Celcius

°Temp. member
ps1mem_zpsbu4jjfbt.jpg

Official Sony branded PS1 mem card for $4 used. I wanted to transfer the saves from my old ps1 memory card to my ps3, but I hear the transfer device only recognizes official Sony branded memory cards and mine is a cheap non-branded one. They just happened to have my favorite color too. :)
I've been putting it off for a long time but my little cousin brought his ps2 over so now is the perfect time to transfer the data from memory card to memory card. Next I just need to buy the ps3 transfer device and complete the transfer process.
Fun taking a slight trip down memory lane and seeing all my old saves from like 15 years ago while copying over the data from the old mem card to the new one. Feels good to finally have the official Sony branded one after all these years.

lem0n

Expensive couple of days, but so damn excited!

Xbox One Elite Controller
1270704_1015358652531s7kl7.jpg

One of the last Mars Volta albums I needed, still sealed! Oh and a Surge!!
12140855_1015358397547rkry.jpg

Then some goodies for my Fiat!

I'm sorry, I know the rules, but I don't have them yet, and figured a stock photo wouldn't matter much on car parts...
sportlineqokn5.jpg

And some Rally Armor mudflaps, they will look just like this:
665c2kn1.jpg

Sooooooo happy with this purchase!

Got it for $26.96 at Amazon.com (down from $74.98!!!).

Beautiful, sturdy box with great lenticular effect:

1skj2x.jpg

27djiv.jpg

And the contents are amazing. Comic is hardcover, and it contains the Ultimate Cut blu ray which was out of print for a long time and cost upwards of $150 just for Blu Ray.

Amazing value.

34ekom.jpg

Sooooooo happy with this purchase!

Got it for $26.96 at Amazon.com (down from $74.98!!!).

Beautiful, sturdy box with great lenticular effect:

1skj2x.jpg

27djiv.jpg

And the contents are amazing. Comic is hardcover, and it contains the Ultimate Cut blu ray which was out of print for a long time and cost upwards of $150 just for Blu Ray.

Amazing value.

34ekom.jpg

That's really nice.

It also has the motion comic. I've never come across anyone that really likes it much, much less loves it like me. But I do love it. It's awesome. It's like watching a slightly more advanced version of those old Jack Kirby cartoons, with gorgeous artwork and sound. It's cool. Chances are you will feel very different to me, considering how people reacted to it.

illusionary

£5 was cheap enough for an impulse buy. While I don't keep them boxed, GAME really ought to move away from piercing the plastic for their anti-theft strips.

aYYccLy.jpg

Getting back into finishing out my X-Box collection with some new old stock games.

Got a Phillips replacement drive, to replace a dead Thompson. And some extra belt drive bands so I can fix my other X-Box with the sticking drawer.

March so far has been a pretty expensive month and I'm glad April won't be as bad release wise....too much I wanted this month.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, The Division, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Pikmin 3 from Nintendo Selects. Also Ryu and Famicom color R.O.B amiibos, also bought Roy but he didn't come in yet.

Pokemon 20th Anniversary Edition "new" Nintendo 3DS....4th 3DS so far but first "new" one. Also got Pokken Tournament and the Hori Pokken Pro Pad. :)

HORI Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai with the newer HAYABUSA buttons. The matte buttons feels pretty great!

Dragon Ball 30th ANNIVERSARY - Super History Book -

Game of Thrones: Season 5, John Wick, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The World of Kanako Blu-Rays

My birthday was yesterday. Got some Blu-rays for myself today, and a Smart Blu-ray player for my family.

And now I have the full Fast and Furious movie collection.
I've only seen Furious 7 on a rented DVD, but it was so fun, that it made me get the rest. My dad loves them, too, so I might watch them with him. He wants to start watching them later on the new Smart Blu-ray player.

My younger brother got me this.

Bii

Browsing these pick-up threads again is going kill my wallet.

Mad Catz Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick TES+

Been out of the stick game for a while and this is a solid unit. I've seen others having issues with the TES+ but it works well for me. Shortly after receiving this, I purchased some plugs thinking that I wouldn't need the last row of buttons. I have yet to hit the last row accidentally so I'll leave it as is.

My brother-in-law bought the HORI Pro 4 Kai and, I might be in the minority here, I didn't like the Hayabusa stick or buttons. After playing with Sanwa parts for so long, everything else feels so alien to me. So that was an easy pass. I did purchase a TE2+ but sold it to one of my other family members at cost. I probably should have kept the TE2+ but it went to a good home.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
One, two, three... THREE Ryus in my mailbox today! Ah ah ah! [/countvoncount]

s2v6g4X.jpg

God bless my shitty sleep cycle for waking me up a few nights ago right as Amazon had that pricing error on these games.

LegendX48

Nothing game related today, was hoping to find Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind but no luck, got this so it wasn't a bust at least :p
25880084481_7c7039b34e_z.jpg

Given how much I've enjoyed the Uncharted and TLOU series to date, I'm going to pick up some of the related merchandise, starting with these soundtracks, and at some point the coffee-table style art books.

I also decided I should buy and play BD, before playing my copy of Bravely Second. Lastly, I'm going to grab Amiibo copies of the core Mario characters.

Relatively cheap copies of games I've wanted to play, prior to buying a PS4 later this year. Plus, the Borderlands Collection, to finish my BL2 Vita save!

A small tree's worth of MTG cards. The singles are for various decks (EDH & Modern), the Commander and Clash packs for singles, and finally the fat pack for the full art lands....and possibility of decent pulls, which you can see from the last image didn't happen......lol.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I guess my ps1 collection and I are getting pretty serious

The lunar complete editions are breath taking. Unlike most games today these really look like they were crafted with love and care for the product.

Edit : Album here http://imgur.com/a/IfWKL

Gorgeous. I agree, they are some of the most lovingly produced packages ever. I kind of regret selling my copies years ago, but I didn't have much of a choice at the time.

I especially love how thick Lunar 2 is. So much goodness packed in there.

Stalk

I should never read this thread on pay day.

I also just got my bonus.

hyunnghhh. Got some pick ups I'll post soon mind.

eXistor

jZgjPWF.jpg

Not sure if I'll keep Trackmania though, it's fun, but I bought it on a whim and it's not exactly the kind of game I normally play. Like I said, the game is good and all, but I don't really see myself getting hooked on it or even playing it that much.

Havoc2049

Blackstone: Magic and Steel-One of the few JRPGs released in the west for the XB.
Action Replay Plus for my Saturn
Raiden V for the XB1
WP_20160314_10_49_58_Pro_LI%202_zpsl4fonybz.jpg

With about four years of good service, my laptop finally had the last straw. So with that, I decided it was high time for me to build another desktop. I'd been fantasizing of a mini-itx build for some time, but ended up putting it in a bigger case because I liked the Air 240's design. I was truly relieved when it successfully booted for the first time! My old laptop used to be so slow to boot, so I was shocked with how quick it was!
I tried to opt for parts that were going to last me a long time, but I decided to settle with the 970 instead of something newer, because that was expensive enough as it was I felt, and those pascal cards are right around the corner. At any rate, that Ukrainian Rise of the Tomb Raider holds up really nicely on it, so that's good enough for me for the time being!

In terms of digital stuff, I picked up Tomb Raider and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter for PS4 as part of the Easter sale, as well as preordered Day of the Tentacle on PSN.

Top Bottom