• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Games of the Year 2016 Awards

Santiako

This is a best effort, done on a volunteer basis.

I do apologize that it's not perfect, but hopefully it's satisfactory for the purposes of taking a deep dive into the collated data as a starting point for conversations about our favorite video games for the year, which is really the point anyway.

Hey dude, don't apologize. People complaining about their ballots and stuff need to get their head out of their asses. Thank you for all the effort as always.

d00d3n

For 2016, we counted about 1500 votes covering over 1400 spreadsheet entries. Many voters do not follow simple instructions. Some problematic cases always crop up in very large data sets. Tweaking the rules or massaging the data to clean up or accommodate non-conforming text or conflicting data opens up the possibility of other ballots' tabulation being influenced. I've tried to help people resolve their issues in cases where it wasn't likely to break other tabulation. Working out every single last issue produces diminishing returns in hours committed vs. the number of people still reading relatively tiny changes in the overall output.

The sheer volume of data processed requires a certain degree of automation. Doing everything manually to produce the statistics provided would take weeks of full-time work. There's simply no time.

For all the work put in, it's met with countless complaints about imperfect records of platform availability and genre assignments for the hundreds of games that could never humanly be played by anyone in a year, whining about the outcome, and very few offers to help.

I do apologize that it's not perfect, but hopefully it's satisfactory for the purposes of taking a deep dive into the collated data as a starting point for conversations about our favorite video games for the year, which is really the point anyway.

Please don't stop doing this. I would assume that the vast majority of voters and neogaf readers find the yearly GOTY list interesting and worthwhile.

Budi

For 2016, we counted about 1500 votes covering over 1400 spreadsheet entries. Many voters do not follow simple instructions. Some problematic cases always crop up in very large data sets. Tweaking the rules or massaging the data to clean up or accommodate non-conforming text or conflicting data opens up the possibility of other ballots' tabulation being influenced. I've tried to help people resolve their issues in cases where it wasn't likely to break other tabulation. Working out every single last issue produces diminishing returns in hours committed vs. the number of people still reading relatively tiny changes in the overall output.

The sheer volume of data processed requires a certain degree of automation. Doing everything manually to produce the statistics provided would take weeks of full-time work. There's simply no time.

For all the work put in, it's met with countless complaints about imperfect records of platform availability and genre assignments for the hundreds of games that could never humanly be played by anyone in a year, whining about the outcome, and very few offers to help.

You people really did great work, while we all don't express it, we are grateful! This was my first time participating and it worked great when I just followed the instructions in the op. Also I didn't come to reserve a spot and "edit in later" but posted when my list was ready so I didn't forget. It's mainly problem with the voters not your system. So big thanks to you all running this.

I mean, I understand the complaints but at least people could try to be a little more polite or helpful.

Anyway, it's clearly obvious the amount of work you put into this, I consider it insane, people should be grateful.

MoonFrog

IDK how I would have voted.

Played FE Conquest, StarFox Zero, Stellaris, TMS#FE, DQVII (3DS), Civilization VI, The Last Guardian, DQ Builders, and FFXV before the 20th, in at that order, as far as new releases go this year.

Think I would've voted Conquest or TLG for top spot, but don't know how I'd go from there. Played mostly older games this year.

Owensboro

Hey Cheesemeister, The vast majority of us are totally thrilled with all the work you guys do during Game of the Year and honestly couldn't be happier with the whole process. People with problems are always way more vocal than those of us who had no problems. For every negative comment I can assure you there are many, many more positive experiences from the whole thing. Perhaps we just don't say "Thank You" enough, too.

Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

Ultimadrago

You've been very helpful through PM in making it clear what can go wrong with ballots and working to answer the inquiries you can. I want to take this post to publicly thank you and timetokill for that dedication. When it comes to lists, kneejerk reactions aiming at all sources are bound to show up.

A guided/automated system still takes energy to sift through and correct. While it's likely mistakes will be made, people need to have some damn perspective regarding the scope of it.

(In short, Fuck genres.)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Lists in the OP haven't been fixed.

- Where is Salt & Sanctuary in Best New IP and Digital Distribution Awards? It has more points than many items on those lists.

- Where's Dragon's Dogma in the full list? It shows up under PC but not in the fully tally...

Thanks again for your good work.

ghibli99

Absolutely it is. For what it's worth, the work put into this is very much valued by this particular GAFer. I find these lists particularly valuable years after they've been published as ways to play some of the best games I missed, and to find those hidden gems that didn't quite make the cut.

- Where is Salt & Sanctuary in Best New IP and Digital Distribution Awards? It has more points than many items on those lists.

- Where's Dragon's Dogma in the full list? It shows up under PC but not in the fully tally...

Can't say on S&S just yet, but Dragon's Dogma was a re-release and so wouldn't show up in the main tally.

Hey Cheesemeister, The vast majority of us are totally thrilled with all the work you guys do during Game of the Year and honestly couldn't be happier with the whole process. People with problems are always way more vocal than those of us who had no problems. For every negative comment I can assure you there are many, many more positive experiences from the whole thing. Perhaps we just don't say "Thank You" enough, too.

Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

Indeed, I tend to view the platform and genre bits as bonuses and I'm not exactly bothered if they're a bit out of whack.

Heck the one time I handled one of the soundtrack of the generation voting threads which was a minuscule fraction of voters by comparison I was tallying that count the old fashioned way and it was a lot of work, so even with the work of the parser and all that I can only imagine it's still takes a ton of effort (and I'm always impressed by just how quick the results threads pop up).

So yeah, adding another Thanks to the pile.

You're one of the only other Gaffers who knows the real 2016 GotY list:

1. Dark Souls 3
2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
3. everything else

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I remember last year when I said Id vote near the end and Cheesemesiter actually PMd me near the deadline as a reminder. That may have been just a friendly reminder but it made me feel like a somebody out of the thousands of posters here.

Cheeisemeister you're one of the most helpful and overall best posters on here, theres no need to apologize to negative nancys. Theres already so much data and so much information to extrapolate from the results, its already more informational than most GotY lists whether editorial or community based.

Thanks for your all your hardwork, time and effort in running this year in and out. Some of us really appreciate what you do and look forward to it every year.

Raylan

Banned

You did a great job.

I look forward to the GOTY threads every year. Awesome to read people's opinions, get exposed to games that you missed, get a sense of what GAF loves most, and also motivate myself to finish or buy some games during the holidays to better participate.

Fuchsdh

My game Oxenfree charted. That's all I really cared about :p

Fun to read the nominations and see the end results. Thanks to the people who make this possible every year.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I'm absolutely willing to help out.

But I also think the genre stuff needs to go, it brings nothing to the table. There is zero use to compare Hitman to Severed or Stardew Valley to Pokemon GO.

I also personally think this platform stuff isn't that great. Most games are multi-platform and this exclusive thing just feeds more into this platform warrior stuff that we don't need more of.

I know this breaks with convention but I think the concept has been broken for years, as these genre complaints come up every year.
Platform specific stuff I think is dumb in general but now Play Anywhere is also being penalized for a good move (just like Cross Buy was) and I think it's in need of an overhaul.

Good tastes here
1. PuppetMaster (138) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227157461&postcount=424
2. Caipirinha (133) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227446968&postcount=1203
2. FelipeMGM (133) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227285415&postcount=899
4. Turkoop (132) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227358302&postcount=1036
5. bananafactory (119) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227544563&postcount=1355
5. eFKac (119) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227226181&postcount=732
5. LightOfTruth (119) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228766428&postcount=2124
5. SictorVullivan (119) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227282519&postcount=890
9. acevans2 (118) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227544299&postcount=1353
10. Dangansona (117) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228660671&postcount=2033

recommendations
1. [XB1][PS4][PC] Titanfall 2 (FPS) = 11 points I really want to play,i have heard a lot of good things about the single player campaign,I am a single player guy,i am not really interested in multiplayer
2. [XB1][PS4][PC] Doom (FPS) = 7 points Just like Titanfall 2
3. [XB1][PS4][PC] Dark Souls III (RPG) = 4 points waiting GOTY edition with all content
4. [XB1][PS4][PC] Overwatch (FPS) = 4 points I am not interested,only multiplayer,I don't care
5. [XB1][PS4][PC] Watch_Dogs 2 (Adventure) = 3 points Maybe,I am not sure,probably never
6. [XB1][PS4][PC] Abzu (Adventure) = 3 points Maybe
7. [XB1] Rocket League (Sports) = 2 points Just like Overwatch
8. [XB1][PS4][PC] Stardew Valley (Simulation) = 2 points Maybe
9. [XB1][PS4][PC] Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (RPG) = 2 points I am not interested
10. [PS4][PC] Overcooked (Puzzle) = 2 points I am not interested
11. [XB1][PS4][PC] Steep (Sports) = 2 points I don't play sport games
12. [XB1][PS4][PC] Unravel (Platform) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention Maybe
13. [XB1][PS4][PC] Tom Clancy's The Division (Shooter) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention Just like Overwatch
14. [XB1][PC] Forza Horizon 3 (Racing) = 1 point Maybe
15. [PS4][PC] Street Fighter V (Fighting) = 1 point I am not interested
16. [PC] Owlboy (Platform) = 1 point Maybe
17. [XB1][PS4][PC] The Jackbox Party Pack 3 (Puzzle) = 1 point I am not interested
18. [PS4] Bound (Platform) = 1 point I am not interested
19. [NWU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Adventure) = 1 point I am not interested
20. [360][XB1][PS3][PS4][PC][IOS][AND] Batman: The Telltale Series (Adventure) = 1 point I am not interested
21. [XB1][PS4][PC] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (FPS) = 1 point I am not interested
22. [XB1][PS3][PS4][PC][IOS][AND] The Walking Dead: Michonne (Adventure) = 1 point I am not interested
23. [PS4] Adrift (FPS) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention I am not interested
24. [XB1][PS4] Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (Strategy) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention I have, I love the first game, I played a lot of hours, but I got bored fast with that
25. [PS4] Alienation (Shooter) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention I am not interested
26. [XB1][PS4] Bioshock: The Collection (FPS) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention I already played the trilogy on PS3
27. [XB1][PS4][PC] Far Cry Primal (Adventure) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention I am not interested
28. [XB1][PS4][PC] Mafia III (Adventure) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention I am not interested

IrishNinja

yakuza 5 won an award, so despite the controversy, all is well in here

i liked UC4 (really dig the series) and wasn't sure why others didn't, beyond simply being exhausted of the formula. looking forward to playing DOOM & Dark Souls 3 sometime this year too!

Ekai

To the last page of posters: I'm not saying that this isn't hard work nor am I insulting Cheese. So my heartfelt thanks for the snide insults directed my way from a few of you.

I followed the rules and my votes didn't count because of whatever happened. Seems to be that my other's posts numbering of games that didn't have places yet is what did it. Weird though that it did count some from my first list anyway. I'm not angry just kinda disappointed in my particular instance. It's still an interesting listing, especially all the misc. stuff in the data dl and I can see the amount of work that goes into it. So thank you for the effort, Cheese.

Good tastes here
1. PuppetMaster (138) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227157461&postcount=424
2. Caipirinha (133) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227446968&postcount=1203
2. FelipeMGM (133) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227285415&postcount=899
4. Turkoop (132) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227358302&postcount=1036
5. bananafactory (119) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227544563&postcount=1355
5. eFKac (119) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227226181&postcount=732
5. LightOfTruth (119) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228766428&postcount=2124
5. SictorVullivan (119) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227282519&postcount=890
9. acevans2 (118) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227544299&postcount=1353
10. Dangansona (117) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228660671&postcount=2033

recommendations
1. [XB1][PS4][PC] Titanfall 2 (FPS) = 11 points I really want to play,i have heard a lot of good things about the single player campaign,I am a single player guy,i am not really interested in multiplayer
2. [XB1][PS4][PC] Doom (FPS) = 7 points Just like Titanfall 2
3. [XB1][PS4][PC] Dark Souls III (RPG) = 4 points waiting GOTY edition with all content
4. [XB1][PS4][PC] Overwatch (FPS) = 4 points I am not interested,only multiplayer,I don't care
5. [XB1][PS4][PC] Watch_Dogs 2 (Adventure) = 3 points Maybe,I am not sure,probably never
6. [XB1][PS4][PC] Abzu (Adventure) = 3 points Maybe
7. [XB1] Rocket League (Sports) = 2 points Just like Overwatch
8. [XB1][PS4][PC] Stardew Valley (Simulation) = 2 points Maybe
9. [XB1][PS4][PC] Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (RPG) = 2 points I am not interested
10. [PS4][PC] Overcooked (Puzzle) = 2 points I am not interested
11. [XB1][PS4][PC] Steep (Sports) = 2 points I don't play sport games
12. [XB1][PS4][PC] Unravel (Platform) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention Maybe
13. [XB1][PS4][PC] Tom Clancy's The Division (Shooter) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention Just like Overwatch
14. [XB1][PC] Forza Horizon 3 (Racing) = 1 point Maybe
15. [PS4][PC] Street Fighter V (Fighting) = 1 point I am not interested
16. [PC] Owlboy (Platform) = 1 point Maybe
17. [XB1][PS4][PC] The Jackbox Party Pack 3 (Puzzle) = 1 point I am not interested
18. [PS4] Bound (Platform) = 1 point I am not interested
19. [NWU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Adventure) = 1 point I am not interested
20. [360][XB1][PS3][PS4][PC][IOS][AND] Batman: The Telltale Series (Adventure) = 1 point I am not interested
21. [XB1][PS4][PC] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (FPS) = 1 point I am not interested
22. [XB1][PS3][PS4][PC][IOS][AND] The Walking Dead: Michonne (Adventure) = 1 point I am not interested
23. [PS4] Adrift (FPS) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention I am not interested
24. [XB1][PS4] Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (Strategy) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention I have, I love the first game, I played a lot of hours, but I got bored fast with that
25. [PS4] Alienation (Shooter) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention I am not interested
26. [XB1][PS4] Bioshock: The Collection (FPS) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention I already played the trilogy on PS3
27. [XB1][PS4][PC] Far Cry Primal (Adventure) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention I am not interested
28. [XB1][PS4][PC] Mafia III (Adventure) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention I am not interested

What a depressing post. What are you interested in?

conman

With each passing year, I'm more convinced that the real reason I vote is to ready the affinity data. Always great recommendations. Well done, my voting buddies!

aravuus

What an incredibly boring winner, but seeing TLG and FF XV up there was a genuine surprise. I haven't played either yet myself, partially because of all the endless negativity that seemingly surrounds both.

Nah, it's great.

Fady K

What a fantastic list and fantastic job by timetokill and cheesemeister, thanks for taking the time to put this whole thing up in such detail! On a sidenote to timetokill, I noticed you're mostly a Nintendo/PC-only person; saw your post once that you'd pick up Persona 5 only if it hit switch/PC and my message to you is: get a PS4 someday and enjoy its great wealth of games that are not usually on other platforms! You may find a lot to enjoy. Thanks again to you and cheesemeister for another excellent job!

It can't be stated enough that the GAF community have EXCELLENT taste in gaming and these threads are also recommendation threads in disguise, very useful.

Uncharted has come a long fucking way. The original received modest reviews and sales, a lot of criticism before and after release calling it dude rader, lara rip-off, didn't agree with those criticisms but others regarding length, linearity were right for the most part. The game feels ancient compared to what UC has become now. Cant think of another franchise that improved so extensively in the last 10 years. As far as I'm concerned it's another great piller for the third person action adventure genre.

Well said! Uncharted 4 was one hell of an enjoyable and surprisingly very emotional ride that I won't likely forget.

The House In Fata Morgana was bloody robbed, let me tell you.

There's a reason it won the High Quality award despite less than 30K sales overall. Y'all gotta try it.

Would have not heard of it were it not for you bro ;D! I'll have to play it sometime.

What a fantastic list. This was a great year for games.

No need to apologize! You guys did a great job and everyone appreciates the amount of work and effort you guys put in every year.

Kalentan

Cheers to games in 2016.
Credit to @pandamusk
C1gETMWUUAEpYg6.jpg

I like the Nick Reyes (CoD: IW) in the picture! :D

Man, it's such an awesome thing you put together. Thank you for all the hard work!

cantona222

OléGunner;228914474 said:
Fantastic couch co-op game, and it's already ruining my relationship with the gf with all the screaming we have to do when playing lol

Same here, so I decided to play overcooked casually with my wife and get 1 or 2 stars per level and later on I play these levels solo and get the 3 stars :p

Really surprised by UC4. It was on my list but I played much better games in 2016. Great job by those who took part in putting this together.

GamerJM

Banned
Great work as always OP and everyone else who helped put this together. I chose not to vote this year because there were too many top-contending games I didn't get around to playing (specifically, 7th Dragon 3, World of Final Fantasy, and Ratchet and Clank, among others), and when I feel that way I don't really see the point. Still, always great following these topics.

Can't say I really agree with the top ranking games but that's just my opinion :p. I still think this was a great year for games, with Fire Emblem Fates, Pokemon S/M, Zero Time Dilemma, and Rhythm Heaven Megamix all being pretty incredible (Pocket Card Jockey seems up there too, I haven't played much of it yet but I already feel pretty comfortable saying that), with lots of good other games.

Doom beating Overwatch surprised me. Wow, GAF really does like that game.

Not that I'm complaining at all. Fantastic work to everyone involved for putting this together. I really love reading through these threads and getting such a great look at what kinds of games everyone here likes to play. 2016 really was an amazing year for games and I'm glad we were all able to bond over that and share the love.

Here are my affinity ranks...

And my recommended games...

1. [XB1][PS4] Dark Souls III (RPG) = 10 points - I actually am curious about trying this series.
2. [PS4] The Last Guardian (Adventure) = 9 points, 1 honorable mention - I really want to play this, but want to play Ico and Colossus first.
3. [3DS] Fire Emblem Fates (Strategy) = 9 points - I have Birthright but it's not opened. Fan of the series but haven't got around to this entry yet.
4. [XB1][PS4][PC] The Witness (Puzzle) = 9 points - I'm interested in playing this. Looks really cool.
5. [XB1][PS4] Doom (FPS) = 9 points - Not super nuts for FPSes but it looks nice.
6. [XB1][PS4] Inside (Adventure) = 5 points - Don't know much about this.
7. [PC] World of Warcraft: Legion (MMO) = 5 points - Not big on MMOs.
8. [XB1][PS4][PC] Titanfall 2 (FPS) = 5 points - I'm curious about the SP campaign after how much GAF has raved about it.
9. [IOS][AND] Pokémon Go (Simulation) = 4 points - Didn't click for me to be honest.
10. [XB1] Rocket League (Sports) = 3 points
11. [XB1][PS4] Hitman (Action) = 3 points - Heard great things.
12. [XB1][PS4] Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (RPG) = 3 points - Semi-curious about this series but in no rush.
13. [PC] VA-11 HALL-A (Adventure) = 3 points - Never heard of it. Maybe I'll look it up.
14. [PS4] Ratchet & Clank (Platform) = 3 points - One of the games I wanted to play but didn't get around to. Really liked Up Your Arsenal.
15. [XB1][PS4][PC] Battlefield 1 (FPS) = 2 points, 1 honorable mention - Not my cup of tea.

CHC

Thanks for putting in the work to collate this whole thing. I was busy / kinda having a bummy time so I didn't get a chance to make a list, but the results are great - really a wonderful bunch of titles. Still have my work cut out with regards to a couple unplayed, highly-rated games, but I'm glad to have experience a good number of the winners.

My affinity over the years:
1. Glass Rebel (63) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227433572&postcount=1179
2. Sullichin (60) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227725957&postcount=1551
3. Mr. Tibbs (59) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227144697&postcount=299
4. Oreoleo (57) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228398251&postcount=1881
5. ghibli99 (55) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227134342&postcount=147
5. YoghPL (55) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227278140&postcount=886
7. CISphil (45) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228543979&postcount=1974
7. EvilKatarn (45) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227226364&postcount=735
7. TyrantGuardian (45) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227148081&postcount=331
10. Haeleos (44) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227467252&postcount=1242
On affinity list of: Visualante2

1. Gecoma (65) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192952407&postcount=2930
1. Makareu (65) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191492636&postcount=2026
1. Oreoleo (65) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190235633&postcount=1011
4. Par Score (64) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190053713&postcount=561
5. Minishdriveby (61) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192137079&postcount=2428
5. sixghost (61) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193010955&postcount=3077
7. CarbonFire (59) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193032125&postcount=3216
7. gutterboy44 (59) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192777696&postcount=2701
7. Thraktor (59) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193040100&postcount=3324
10. Zoibie (57) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192768480&postcount=2687
On affinity list of: Cyan, Oreoleo

1. plaidtopia (43) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143777569&postcount=513
2. Denzar (42) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=146079154&postcount=1236
2. Visualante2 (42) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147719687&postcount=1708
4. CaptainAhab (40) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143671942&postcount=405
4. elmars369 (40) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143578018&postcount=151
4. MetroidPrimeRib (40) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143781106&postcount=515
4. SolidusDave (40) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=145647526&postcount=1178
8. hitmon (39) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147692012&postcount=1660
8. megalowho (39) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143647918&postcount=374
10. EatChildren (38) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147719573&postcount=1707
On affinity list of: randomkid

Big high five to Oreoleo and Visualante2, matching in multiple years.

Thanks for putting this together, always interesting to go through the data.

very few offers to help.

I'd be happy to check and proof next year.

Thanks for putting this together. Doom, Overwatch and Dark Souls 3 were my Top 3, and FF15 + Titanfall 2 are both games i'm really keen to try.
I guess i should get around to trying the Uncharted series sometime - it just never really appealed to me despite enjoying the Last of Us.

Cutwolf

On the basis of this thread, I'm giving Uncharted 4 a try. I'll probably beat it, which says something, since I don't always beat games. I also never played Uncharted 1-3 (whoops).

That said, I'm finding it to be a bit overrated.

Settings are beautiful, but everything is "go here, bad guys appear, shoot them, move on." There's no creativity so far. On chapter 9.

I also can't quite suspend my disbelief here. The game is ostensibly in the "real world" but...there are convenient hand/footholds at every uncrossable ravine? Nathan can go from "retired" to being able to leap from ledge to ledge in a matter of days? Hell, can anyone do that? Nathan can have huge shootouts across the world and there's no heat from governments/police/etc?

And the biggest of all...Nathan goes from playing Banjo Kazooie on his couch to gunning down 20 people over a couple of scenes. He's insane.

Top Bottom