• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Payback revealed (NFS: Fast & Furious, Nov 10, PC/PS4/XB1) [Trailer]

they really should have ended that trailer on a big jaw cropping moment tbqh, something more attention-getting than a car flipping on an empty street

Malcolm9

Hopefully any cops aren't as ridiculous as what we had in Rivals, they actually ruined the game for me with how aggressive they were.

Azzawon

Deluxe Edition Content:
  • Up to 3 days of early access
  • Story Mission Pack
  • Exclusive Deluxe Edition NOS Color (Can be applied to 5 cars)
  • Exclusive Deluxe Edition License Plate
  • Exclusive Deluxe Edition Leaderboard Icon
  • 5 Shipments
  • 5% Rep Bonus
  • 10% Discount on in-game purchases
  • Platinum Car Pack, including:
    • Chevrolet Camaro SS 1967
    • Dodge Charger R/T 1969
    • Ford F-150 Raptor 2016
    • Nissan 350Z 2008
    • Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport 2016
    • Exclusive Platinum Blue Tire Smoke

Hmm. That looks like a lot of content stuck behind a Deluxe Edition...

Certinty

I take back what I said a few hours ago. That actually looks... good. Far more interesting than the last NFS at least.

I already hate these characters. Where are my cool Monster drinking friends who idolize car people I've never heard of?

Day one though :'(

(day/night cycle confirmed?)

strafer

Don't mind about the dialogue and story.
Give me that city, day, dry setting. And super car.

I have watched enough movies with cheesy dialogue to let it not bother me anymore, also you can't write some oscar winning screenplay to a videogame this crazy, cheese is a must.

Pre-Order Need for Speed Payback Deluxe Edition*

The Need for Speed™ Payback Deluxe Edition gives you an edge over the competition with up to 3 days of early access to the full game. Stand out from the crowd with exclusive customization items and receive in-game discounts, Rep bonuses, and five shipments to get your adventure started.

Also includes the upcoming Story Mission Pack and the Need for Speed™ Payback Platinum Car Pack.

Deluxe Edition Content:
Up to 3 days of early access
Story Mission Pack
Exclusive Deluxe Edition NOS Color (Can be applied to 5 cars)
Exclusive Deluxe Edition License Plate
Exclusive Deluxe Edition Leaderboard Icon
5 Shipments
5% Rep Bonus
10% Discount on in-game purchases
Platinum Car Pack, including:
Chevrolet Camaro SS 1967
Dodge Charger R/T 1969
Ford F-150 Raptor 2016
Nissan 350Z 2008
Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport 2016
Exclusive Platinum Blue Tire Smoke

Loot boxes?

Fox Mulder

But old NFS games such as Most Wanted and Underground already had that old F&F vibe, didn't they? I swear some of the cutscenes in the games could have been ripped straight out of the movies.

Yes, they nailed the old fast and furious vibe well. Not the modern era of jumping between skyscrapers, evading attacking drones, and racing submarines though.

eso76

Looks silly but also looks like it could be a lot of fun and graphics are quite impressive tbh.
It has my curiosity.

Really hope this game does drag racing like nfs prostreet.
Thats the last nfs i really enjoyed playing.
Saw a datsun with hoodscoop, drag slicks and drag spoiler.
And it raced another drag car which pulled a wheelie!!!
Thats what im talking about!!
Hopefully it looks like this trailer an plays with some decent physics and not that nfs 2015 bullshit.
And then maybe , MAYBE im buying this game.
Maybe.

The amount of "sold" posts has me feeling bad and like I'm missing out. I'm not much for the fast and furious thing though. :(
It's all down to how it plays for me. The car customizations etc

Bedlam

I'm out. While I want another arcade racer desperately, I hate that cringy F&F shit.

Give me Hot Pursuit 2.

Azzawon

Dang... Might have to do it for that 69 Charger.

Looks like the Platinum Car Pack is included with the standard pre-order edition too.

Standard Edition is £59.99 on Xbox Live
Deluxe Edition is £79.99

That seems quite steep to me, especially for the standard edition? Bear in mind, EA Access discounts will apply to these prices for those that have them.

PantsuJo

The trailer seems just more of the same combo "Crew-USA roads-cheap story".

Waiting for gameplay but, honestly, I had enough of *this* type of NFS, EA.

Just stop making them as "Fast&Furios"-like sequels and gimme a simple, fast, stupid arcade racer without story and stupid guys.

We need speed, not Toretto crews.

Some other site quotes..

High-Stakes Competition
Get on a roll and win big with risk-versus-reward gameplay. The return of cop chases means the stakes have never been higher.

Live Out an Action-Driving Fantasy
Play through an explosive adventure as three distinct characters united by one common goal: revenge.
SCRAP TO STOCK TO SUPERCAR

Endlessly fine-tune your performance through each of the five distinct car classes (Race, Drift, Off-Road, Drag, and Runner) to turn the tables on the competitiion in any race, mission or challenge. Find abandoned vehicles scattered throughout the world to create your perfect car from the ground up. Collect, win or buy the hottest after-market parts and build out your perfect garage.

I do there there is a loot box component in there.

Also

nfs-payback-high-stakes-competition.jpg

nfs-payback-action-driving-fantasy.jpg

nfs-payback-scrap-stock-supercar.jpg

nfs-payback-the-garage.jpg

nfsp-license-plate.jpg

Ashtar

Was that Idris Elba?
I thought it was Keith David
The early underground games were reminiscent of early f&f movies but now f&f movies are heist films, so it makes sense to go after that.
If it doesn't have get low on it, it's a problem

SliChillax

The narrative is the only thing that makes me interested in the game at the moment. It's why I replayed FH1 twice. The lack of a narrative is the reason I lost interest in FH3 as quickly as I did.
I agree 100%. Horizon 1 was the best, the rest was boring.

Top Bottom